• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness should be banned

PMKNG

Smash Ace
NNID
GalickGon
19 pages i am not going to read through...
finals week and somehow this thread seemed more hectic than my finals.

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
@PMKNG: good luck!

Will there ever be videos of the matches that took place at SIN? if nobody recorded the live stream.... BAH!!

aeghrur

Smash Champion
LOL! XD im also new here so idk wuts up >_>
Good to have you here.
Not to be rude, but please read the rules in case you haven't done so.

SuSa: Isn't it stated that Vegas has like no metaknights? And match-up inexperience should be easily gained from a low tier character in a match or two. If Tyrant couldn't adapt fast enough, it shouldn't be an excuse for why he lost, but rather why he wasn't better. Adaptation is a skill, so on this part, FOW was the better player if Tyrant simply couldn't adapt to the matchup.

Being angry about the previous matches should also not be a john. It's the players job to control their own emotions, and make their best effort to not let it affect their game. If Tyrant was upset from the set before, he should have tried to contain it and not doing so is just being mentally un-prepared. FOW was just mentally stronger in this case then, so again, it shouldn't be an excuse. =/

*disclaimer* Didn't mean to make Tyrant sound bad or anything, I simply meant that one shouldn't try to belittle the accomplishments of FOW for beating some great players through someone johning for the great players*

:093:

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
I can't believe some people are taking the ban joke seriously.
INORITE!?
Good to have you here.

SuSa: Isn't it stated that Vegas has like no metaknights? And match-up inexperience should be easily gained from a low tier character in a match or two. If Tyrant couldn't adapt fast enough, it shouldn't be an excuse for why he lost, but rather why he wasn't better. Adaptation is a skill, so on this part, FOW was the better player if Tyrant simply couldn't adapt to the matchup.

Being angry about the previous matches should also not be a john. It's the players job to control their own emotions, and make their best effort to not let it affect their game. If Tyrant was upset from the set before, he should have tried to contain it and not doing so is just being mentally un-prepared. FOW was just mentally stronger in this case then, so again, it shouldn't be an excuse. =/

*disclaimer* Tyrant is garbagio. one shouldn't try to belittle the accomplishments of FOW for beating some great players through someone johning for the great players*

:093:
quoted for truth, and editted for truthy lolz

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
Lulz @ M2K worship.

It's nice to see "some kid named FOW" doin' well.

Goggs, have you and your A51 buddies decided to dump Brawl forever? I still never got to MM you.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Just curious Levitas, but what's left to discuss here?

Eagleye893

Smash Champion
NNID
isJolTz
3DS FC
1821-9332-2146
the link to FOW's match? i doubt we'll ever get it though.

FOW

Smash Rookie
i asked if anyone was going to record and they said they might so idk if u guys will ever see those matches :(

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
i asked if anyone was going to record and they said they might so idk if u guys will ever see those matches :(
Such a tragedy that the rest of the Ness community can't see this. :(

TRAMD

Smash Cadet
I would love to see those vids but I will take any vids I can see of you playing so get them on youtube ASAP!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What is up with you people and getting off topic?

We're discussing whether or not Ness should be banned.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
in that case if Ness should be S tier if you guys want him ban that bad xD
Not true. Only we know the true extent of how good Ness is. I believe he's a true counter to every character in the game, with at LEAST a 70:30. He's clearly better than anyone gives him credit for, and probably deserves to be Steak Tier, with Sonic right under him, and maybe Jigglypuff or the random button under that. He has to be banned. It's not really up for discussion, he's just too ****ing good. He's the undisputed BEST character ever made, that's not up for debate.

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Not true. Only we know the true extent of how good Ness is. I believe he's a true counter to every character in the game, with at LEAST a 70:30. He's clearly better than anyone gives him credit for, and probably deserves to be Steak Tier, with Sonic right under him, and maybe Jigglypuff or the random button under that. He has to be banned. It's not really up for discussion, he's just too ****ing good. He's the undisputed BEST character ever made, that's not up for debate.
Too Good.

Nobody gets to be in steak tier but Sonic. Ness gets the 'Jump at me as I recover and watch me go SPLAT' tier.

The real discussion here needs to be whether or not Yoshi needs to be banned. You can't poke his shield, I call HAX!

Bans r srs bsness.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I strongly disagree with the "only sonic can b stake tier lolz". That's a SWF meme, Ness actually LOVES steak. So yeah, Sonic can share.

I stand by what I said. Ness is the absolute best that that ever happened to you and we both know it.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Too Good.

Nobody gets to be in steak tier but Sonic. Ness gets the 'Jump at me as I recover and watch me go SPLAT' tier.

The real discussion here needs to be whether or not Yoshi needs to be banned. You can't poke his shield, I call HAX!

Bans r srs bsness.
That video was a clip of what Tyrant failed to do and a video of something that is very situational for most characters...excluding Meta Knight. As for Yoshi not getting shield poked, no hax was involved. He can't do out of shield attacks. One more thing. The Mother series was made a year before the Sonic series and so Ness can have his steak and eat it, too.

Uffe

Smash Hero
I hate it when people put their favorite music in a fight. Also, I noticed a pattern.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
What was so weird? He just spammed fair and dj'd around a lot... That's what Ness is supposed to do for movement... Nair when they get close, other things...

Levitas

the moon
Yeah, but generally, one does not aim to land in aerial lag in front of the opponent every time. That was the weird thing, FOW was approaching in a manner that seemed really unsafe. Good thing ZSS can't do anything about it.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well that's probably why he was doing it vs. Zamus? She has pretty bad gtfo options lol.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Is it me or does Ness keep being played slower and slower... I've been watching some videos and Ness just seems all slow now...

Fast fall U air. Is my only advice.

Top Bottom