• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness should be banned

PKNintendo

Smash Master
lol, after PKNintendo and our 3 matchup discussions? I HAD to do my research :laugh:

Still...I don't feel comfortable continuing with all these blank spots coming up. I really don't know enough about Ness to give the best answers to the questions on why he should move up.

...unless you guys think he shouldn't?
Of course, now that I think about I was being a stick in the mud in the second half of the discussions. Glad to see you enjoying the party, wish I could partake in the celebrating.

Man of Popsicle

Smash Lord
And?
He's still a dam*ed amazing ness player.
Beat lain and what not. Go ahead and call low tier match-up shenanigans, where do you get IC's experience anyways?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Well somebody mentioned that he lost to tyrant, I'm just saying the other person he lost to...

Uffe

Smash Hero
No, I can clearly see what you're doing. You're taking your big ego and trying to prove something by saying that Tyrant losing to FOW was a fluke. That still doesn't change the fact that FOW beat Tyrant, DSF and was still able to beat M2K. Still, he lost to a Meta Knight. So what? Another thing is that there was time for Tyrant to learn the match up since SiN.

SuSa

Banned via Administration
My point being is precisely what I had stated. Matchup inexperience.

Your last line simply proves further what I've been saying. Also, you are slightly contradicting yourself in your first and last statements.

FOW is ****ed good, I'm still not denying that. I also stated I'd love to see him beat Tyrant the next they meet. Which didn't happen.

Uffe

Smash Hero

Your last line simply proves further what I've been saying. Also, you are slightly contradicting yourself in your first and last statements.

FOW is ****ed good, I'm still not denying that. I also stated I'd love to see him beat Tyrant the next they meet. Which didn't happen.
My last sentence was sarcasm. I guess I should have pointed that out for you. Still, it's Meta Knight vs Ness. It's not a surprise if Ness loses to Meta Knight. For you to actually have your proof, you need to have FOW and Tyrant kick each others ***** without it being a tournament. You only get two out of three or three out of five matches, depending on what point you're at in the tournament. So your proof isn't valid.

SuSa

People tend to 'lax in friendlies. I'd love to see some MM's however.

But I already knew your fallback would be "so what, a Ness lost to an MK - nothing new" yet I know if FOW had beaten Tyrant yet again, it'd be a huge ****ing deal all over again.

I love how that works out. It's a win-win situation.

Uffe

Smash Hero

But I already knew your fallback would be "so what, a Ness lost to an MK - nothing new" yet I know if FOW had beaten Tyrant yet again, it'd be a huge ****ing deal all over again.

Fine, go for money matches then. Also, if FOW beat Tyrant again, I wouldn't have made a big hype over it. The only reason I hyped over it the first time was because FOW was ****** Meta Knight's left and right. Pro Meta Knight's, mind you. Had he done it again, I would have said something similar because I know FOW can **** MK with Ness.

So either way, who cares?

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Before you guys start arguing for 902834 pages, could we at least wait to find out how badly FOW was beaten?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Wow Susa, I cant believe youre still talking about this. Are you really that desperate to be right? Thats pretty sad, really. What a whiny baby... You should really stop johning for other people. It makes you look like a giant meatriding pole jocker. Go home, sir.

also, id like to note that FOW did beat judge, which is also an accomplishment.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
also, id like to note that FOW did beat judge, which is also an accomplishment.
What!? I'm hearing news that FOW just beat two of the top best MI players now!? I really need to use Ness in tourney's now. XD

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
lmao omg this thead is still going on just leave poor FOW alone
I know, right? If I was FOW I would probably be laughing my head off, though.

Doesn't the fact that Tyrant plays a character like MK suggest that he has to know all the matchups in order to be good? Otherwise he would just be your average noob MK.

This is all I'm hearing: FOW is not as good as Tyrant, because FOW knew the matchup and Tyrant didn't. That's why FOW won.

Wait, what? From what I've experienced, knowledge is a large part of having skill. The point that is being made here is that you can hide behind ignorance and inexperience. Guess what? You can't.
If that were true, I could be considered just as good as M2K. I would lose to him, but I don't ever fight any MKs, so I wouldn't know the matchup. Therefore, there would be nothing to prove that I WASN'T better than him.
Knowledge + Experience + Practice + etc. = Skill.

I kinda feel bad for Tyrant too, considering he apparently needs someone to defend his loss *cough*hedoesn't*cough*. From what I've heard, Tyrant wasn't complaining. In fact, I heard he beat FOW the next time they met. It's amazing how much you can learn about a matchup after one fight >_>. It's also pretty weird, considering his lack of matchup knowledge was the only reason he lost the first time.

Sorry Uffe, I read your post, but I couldn't resist. This was just too wonderful an opportunity to pass up.

EDIT: Yes Viper, you do.

lain

Smash Master
And?
He's still a dam*ed amazing ness player.
Beat lain and what not. Go ahead and call low tier match-up shenanigans, where do you get IC's experience anyways?
I didn't play IC's against FOW, for the last time.

And for the record, I would win if I went IC's
lawl luv you FOW ;]
. I just went DDD cause I heard from Atomsk and CO18 that it was easy with DDD.

FOW is amazing. I chilled with him at GENESIS and EVO and he is so god **** funny. SK too. Much love for Vegas :]

AvariceX

Smash Champion
NNID
AvariceX
3DS FC
1177-8001-5699
Ness does pretty well against D3 and IC's actually; better against IC's in fact. Not denying that you might have won; just saying it's pretty tough to call.

Incidentally I saw one of your posts mentioned judge beat him 2-0...but in the EVO bracket it shows that Judge lost to him?

SuSa

I kinda feel bad for Tyrant too, considering he apparently needs someone to defend his loss *cough*hedoesn't*cough*. From what I've heard, Tyrant wasn't complaining. In fact, I heard he beat FOW the next time they met. It's amazing how much you can learn about a matchup after one fight >_>. It's also pretty weird, considering his lack of matchup knowledge was the only reason he lost the first time.
Someone didn't read a single post I made.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace

>.> Epic Fail. If your saying my information is wrong, you're contradicting yourself because I heard FOW hadn't won from you. Believe me, if I hadn't read every single one of you posts I would have no reason to post in this thread.

And this thread ran for a month because??
Ness boards vs. Susa. It deserved to run for a month. (Forgive me if anyone else was defending Tyrant, I only had time to read the whole thread once)

It was sort of stupid of me to even post here, since 98% of everyone here was already supporting FOW. Sorry for being redundant;)

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Wow, defensive much?

Apparently the Ness boards are almost as bad a sthe Peach boards. xD

This is all I'm hearing: FOW is not as good as Tyrant, because FOW knew the matchup and Tyrant didn't. That's why FOW won.
Not at all. Metaknight is better than Ness, and beats him solidly. If FOW and Tyrant are equally good, then Tyrant would win assuming he knew the matchup.

If both know the matchup, FOW has to significantly outplay Tyrant to win.

Either FOW was much better than Tyrant, or Tyrant didn't know the matchup the first time.

It's not a slight against FOW to make the above statement. FOW is amazing.

(can't Metaknight small step grab release CG Ness? >_>

I wish I could've MM'd him, I used to play Cazcom and Dog Latin a lot. <3 Peach vs Ness.

1337-Zero

Smash Ace
What I said isn't true, that's just what I believe Susa was saying. I explained that in my post, but I'm happy you agree with me :)
We are very defensive though, you should see our matchup thread. We're bottom tier, yet we refuse to admit that anyone counters Ness (I also support that statement. )
Anyways, the original intention of this thread was not to start this stupid argument. I suggest someone close this thread, for as you can see, us Ness mains aren't going to admit that some MK who lost to FOW is better than him.

NintenJoe

Smash Ace
Ness is one of the only characters in Brawl with a reliable approach and a good projectile. He gets gayed by so much other ****.... dumb.

EdreesesPieces

Smash Bros Before Hos
BRoomer
NNID
EdreesesPieces
I don't mean to revive arguements, but I just want to input my thoughts in here because I'm pretty sure I understand both sides on the issue.

I knew that Tyrant loss to Fow largely in part due to matchup inexperience. However, there's probably 30 characters in this game that Tyrant still beats without matchup experience, so it's still a big deal that fow was able to beat him even once :) A bunch of characters that are above Ness on the tier list that Tyrant doesn't have matchup experience against don't even get close to beating him. This is why the Ness boards (and myself) consider it a big deal. And it's not like Tyrant had 0 matchup experience, I'd played his MK with my Ness in tournament before. Of course my Ness was a lot worse than FOW's and Tyrant might have forgotten a lot of stuff since it was ages ago, but I'm just making the point that Tyrant had some familiarity at least. Oh yeah, I'm pretty sure he'd played a set or two with Vicegrip as well, who is an amazing Ness as well.

Matchup experience definitely makes the difference (as shown by what just happened of Tyrant beating FOW this time) , but at least Fow and his Ness is good enough where you need to know the matchup well to do well. It's not like Tyrant ***** him, I think it was still pretty competitive. This is a lot more than a bunch of characters and players in Brawl show against MK.

My MK, who I barely use, can probably beat half the characters in the game w/o matchup experience, but not Ness, because Ness is a character that is good enough and has the tools and options to defeat anybody who isn't playing smart or isn't understanding his character. I don't think that's necessarily true with Bowser, Zelda, Ike, Lucas, and several others, who have a bunch of matchups from the high or top tier that will **** them no matter how little they understand the matchup.

Uffe

Smash Hero
And this thread ran for a month because??
It doesn't help when another person comes in and brings it back up by asking a question such as yours. Of course now I have to contradict myself because I couldn't help but answer your question.

Apparently the Ness boards are almost as bad as the Peach boards. xD
Anything to be like you guys, Praxis. :) By the way, us Ness mains aren't so much different when it comes to character playstyle, are we?

Levitas

the moon
Peach was basically a better dumber version of Ness in melee...
She's slow, but priority, float cancelling, and not getting gimped everywhere helped her a lot.

BTW, sage, that japes CP still works wonders for me in melee. It's too good.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
The turnips helped too Levitas...

I stopped going to japes when I realised I could just cp Mute City with Peach and my japes special skills were removed from me thanks to brawl. X_X.

Brawl ruined my melee skills. I'm just now starting to get them back.

Praxis

Smash Hero
BRoomer
Anything to be like you guys, Praxis. :) By the way, us Ness mains aren't so much different when it comes to character playstyle, are we?
Well, we both can force approach with projectile game, we both have very good spacing tools and can approach, we both have Edrees playing our character, and we both have downright STUPID fairs. xD

Key difference is, we can't kill, and you get gimped all over the place.

Top Bottom