• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ness Question and Answer Thread, Ask Ness questions Here!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I'm talking about atomsk level Olimars here (like atomsk himself lol). Would that work against him?

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I've played blackwaltz... Never Atomsk's olimar. Characters are characters, the same things will work.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
I've played blackwaltz... Never Atomsk's olimar. Characters are characters, the same things will work.
I didn't know Black Waltz brawled. I've seldom seen him post outside of the Artwork Emporium. Unless this is a different Black Waltz altogether...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
The blackwaltz that is in Enemy controller... That is the one I played.

Masky

Smash Master
I'm talking about atomsk level Olimars here (like atomsk himself lol). Would that work against him?
I played the best Olimar in FL (Fearless) and it seemed to work on him... only barely lost the set cause he accidently won :/ (don't even ask, bring back bad memories)

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Aww I won't ask sorry to hear that... Anyway guys I'm going to get shield stun in my frame data thread on Saturday.

Just felt like it, your sig tempted me into it.

CELTiiC

Dong 2 Strong
NNID
TBGCELTiiC
3DS FC
3840-7097-4621
Aww I won't ask sorry to hear that... Anyway guys I'm going to get shield stun in my frame data thread on Saturday.

Just felt like it, your sig tempted me into it.
Question: Is Ref turning into a Hyper Ness fan?

Answer: To be revealed...

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Not really but he is still really cool.

For the fun of it.

Probably won't see another hyper Ness from Ref.

Neon Ness

Designated Procrastinator
Would've been?

I think we'll see at least one more Hyper Ness from Ref.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Vs. Ninjalink's Lucas on Norfair I daired his pkt, meteor smashed Lucas, and then I started pkt to recover. Lucas hits the lava and then gets sent flying directly into my pkt2, which sends him into the lava. He didn't die though.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
He still won anyways. He was sandbagging. It was clear to me so I sandbagged too. He two stocked me anyways with Rob so it didn't really matter.

Lucas < Ness btw.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Wait it was fun playing you and those friendlies I had with you were way too fun lol. Just saying I had no chance XP

Uffe

Smash Hero
NinjaLink is one of my favorite Brawlers. I never played him, but still, he's cool

Uffe

Smash Hero
Well I've got a question. Possibly the most annoying thing to ever be placed in Brawl. How do you deal with Diddy Kong? I'm thinking of practicing glide tossing with Ness in Training Mode or whatever tossing method he has just so I can show Diddy Kong how I feel when I fight him. At the same time I still want to know what good ways there are to avoid slipping on Diddy Kong's Bananas. I usually come across this. Banana > glide toss > dash > grab, lather, rinse, repeat. I was able to three stock this Diddy Kong, but he two stocked me twice, which from the looks of it doesn't look like that should be embarrassing since I see Diddy Kong two stock a lot of characters.

NinjaLink

Smash Master
NNID
NinjaLink
Yea me and Sage play in tourney. It seems everyone mentions 'How to fight diddy kong' when i post. This just happened in the kirby thread.

Uffe

Smash Hero
Yea me and Sage play in tourney. It seems everyone mentions 'How to fight diddy kong' when i post. This just happened in the kirby thread.
Wow. That's sad. But that's not why I wrote what I wrote. I'm only asking because he seems to be my new challenge. I've beaten this guys Diddy Kong a number of times, but still, the Bananas get annoying. I can fight him without his Bananas, but when the Bananas start to fly all over the place, that's when things get a little out of hand.

Gaussis

Smash Ace
It's not just with bananas. Any item works and Ness's looks more like a PK Jump. Looking back at the EB360's guide, it's a PK Throw. I would still call it a DJ throw, however.

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Ness can Glide toss. Grab the bananas glide throw and dash attack, it works well.. Use aerials to grab the bananas as well. Play it like most other match ups just make sure you get control of his bananas...

Ness can Glide toss, I don't know where you guys are getting this he can't thing from...

Masky

Smash Master
I think I discovered a very lolworthy tacic for Ness... actually I stole it from a Melee player I know and adapted it to Brawl. It's hard to do though

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
Tell us, hard to do doesn't mean it won't be done. Oh and everything is worthy some where...

xoxokev

Smash Lord
When my friend uses Peach, I can almost always catch his turnips by SH air dodging or SH nair. Idk if it will work the same with Diddy's bananas. But its the same concept

Masky

Smash Master
I haven't used it in a match yet, but my idea is to just run off the stage and dair (without fastfalling) if they're going to recover in that area. IMO a lot of times it's really awkward to spike without doing this because you have to jump while you dair otherwise you fastfall. To dair without fastfalling and without chaning your control scheme you have to tilt the control stick down very slightly and press A after running off. I got the idea because I've been starting to learn Ganon in Melee and a very good Ganon player in the area (RockCrock) showed me this and how useful it is sometimes. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A5dMAAMAhN4

Ref

Smash Champion
NNID
Refpsi
I do that out of grab releases at the edge. You can hit sometimes but true it's really situational.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
I like djc throwing items with Ness since that's how I used to space turnips with Peach in melee. I usually just try to grab naners with the z airdodge and throw them up so that way when they land, the diddy might forget they're yours.

Ness spike > Diddy's up. Just beware of the rockets lolz. Pkt works for popping him up or tailwhipping, but I like the spike better now.

FireKirby7

Smash Lord
Here's a stumper:

What's Ness' fastest aerial?

I need to know this for momentum canceling.

And by "fastest aerial", I mean aerial with the least ending lag.

Sorry if this hasnt been asked before, i cant read the thread now, its late. T_T
BTW Hi Ness boards :D

Top Bottom