• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NEOH PRESENTS BRAWL OCT 24th

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Singles

1 Anther (Pikachu)
2 Blue rogue (Wario)
3 Judge! (Metaknight)
4 Sliq (Bowser/Wolf)
5 King Beef (Peach)
5 Shugo (Falco/Metaknight)
7 Smashglov (Falco)
7 Argent (Lucario)
9 Omni (Pikachu/Jiggly)
9 Suyon (Pit)
9 Soul (Zss)
9 Beegs (Marth)
13 **** (Diddy/Meta/Peach/Random)
13 Impp (Kirby)

Doubles

1 We Are Tired! (Anther and judge!)
2 Blue Rogue and Argent
3 Suyon and Sliq
4 Kb and Beegs
5 Shugo and Kuntastic!

Update Later mmk

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
This was Fun thanks too everyone who showed tons of people Bailed last minute OHio Blows lolol. Blue rogue is tooo good Going 5 rounds with Anther and beating Judge lolol.

Kel

Smash Master
Singles

1 Anther (Pikachu)
2 Blue rogue (Wario)
3 Judge! (Metaknight)
4 Sliq (Bowser/Wolf)
5 King Beef (Peach)
5 Shugo (Falco/Metaknight)
7 Smashglov (Falco)
7 Argent (Lucario)
9 Omni (Pikachu/Jiggly)
9 Suyon (Pit)
9 Soul (Zss)
9 Beegs (Marth)
11 **** (Diddy/Meta/Peach/Random)
11 Impp (Kirby)

Holy ****! Sliq doesn't even play this game AND he plays bowser. How did he beat Shugo lol.

Also wow at Blue Rogue beating Judge!

That's too bad about the turnout though

Baro

Smash Journeyman
whoah, that's all who came?

:\

I'm almost glad I didn't come.

I guess there WERE a lot of no shows

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You have no idea. So many people flaked out at the last minute that it's embarrassing. We would have had a guaranteed 20-25 or maybe even higher if everyone had shown up.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I know I'm johning, but my showing up was due to communication complications. Ah well...

Suyon

Smash Lord
I found it quite normal it to be this number. I mean no one EVER shows up. So it's pretty obvious why it's so low. We get lots of love in NEOH.

Anther

Smash Champion
Good shiz, nice meeting lots of (and by lots I mean very few..) peeps and the zelda MM's in melee ;p.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hell yeah Anther, you're cool as **** bro. Hope you decide on coming to the larger event in November. Trust me...it's guaranteed to be larger, wayyyy larger lol.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Oh yeah for those who got annoyed by me sorry folks. Eh what can I do though? Don't state the obvious too. You know it won't happen :p

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yep, Falco and MK. He and I had such a close match with Falco vs. Peach and I'm glad that I'm picking up on the matchup nicely, but he just wreeeeecked me with MK when I counterpicked Brinstar lolololol. Anther got on his *** about not using Sonic. xD

judge!

Smash Ace
meh i played against blue rogue in winners and 2-0 him easily by the time loosers finals came i was dead tired and SD and what not.

rofa

Smash Journeyman
blue rogue is legit. good **** to all of you guys. lol judge me and noj are glad we didnt go now that we see the 11 peepz lol.

Sliq

Smash Master
Shugo went Falco against me, and I'm glad, because I got to learn the Falco matchup. Also, Norfair is an awful Falco stage. Take that. Now I'm the one with the bread.

Sliq

Smash Master
Same as in Melee. I find it ironic my Melee counter pick is being used against me in Brawl.

solecalibur

Smash Master
blue rogue is legit. good **** to all of you guys. lol judge me and noj are glad we didnt go now that we see the 11 peepz lol.
We not going to get any more people if you john out like you did -.-" we got a bit of ppl that johned out it could have easily been 20 if they really came

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
People love to bail on brawl tourneys in NEOH its actually sad and i dont get it since ive been smashing and playing melee people travel all over thus people will then come to yours lol but its whateva i just will only start hosting melee if it continues

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Give it a little. Hopefully this won't become habitual... Attendance could/should def. be better than this.

COHEED AND CAMBRIA

Smash Ace
Well i know my nov event is a guarenteed 50 people and i will be able to make my place hold them all no problem but it seems that people dont wanna travel for Brawl to here. PA and IN and even NY are coming to my melee ones and they are a hell of alot farther then Columbus lol. I dont have the ideal venue but i have the most Chill venue i believe out of most in OHio i mean a room for smoking Drinking allowed housing for anyone at it lol. NOise doesnt matter because my apartment is seperated from all the others plus i mean come on coheed and Cambria haha

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Don't forget to upload AiB results!

I was sad I didn't make it to this. I wanted to, but it seems like there is still some trouble spreading the word to all the Smashers down here (most didn't know this was happening when I asked if they wanted to go). Also, Judge switched to teaming with Anther, which lowered my will power to make it to the event cause I don't like finding last minute teammates (last time I did that, I teamed with lain and got 5th, eww). I really think you gotta improve your naming. NEOH Presents: Brawl, just isn't catchy! lol.

Also also, it probably didn't help that this was the same weekend as viridian city and no koast 2. You lost Lain down south, and M2K/King yoshi's car to the East.

Essentially it seems the key parties are grab for tourneys in Ohio are:
-1-2 cars from MI (lain, noj, anther, judge, wtp, sliq, etc)
-1-2 cars from NEOH (ITT, King Yoshi, blue rogue, king beef, etc)
-1 car from columbus (alphazealot, taco, quivo, moose, keist, etc)
-1-2 cars from Springfield (Nope, Fonz, Lou, Capem, Cake, Wakka, Champ, Sil, etc)
-1-2 cars from Cinci (Kel, OS, Today, Ybm, infern, smash64, etc)
Then there are a ton of misc. people all around the place. Generally though if you grab at least some people from these 5 major groups you got yourself a big (local) tournament.

I think you gotta entice Springfield and/or Cinci to come to your tournament. If one of those two groups show up then its usually a pretty decent turnout cause they entice/bring lots of others to come.

EDIT: also, SBIV from last may have hurt your attendance because the rather high venue fee would have been enough for at least a few people to attend two tournaments instead of 1.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Yeah AZ has a point, the title of the tournies could be improved, and observing what else goes on those weekends would help with attendance issues. That's exactly why the upcoming tourny has a guaranteed 40-50 in attendance because it's set on a pretty good date and some players from Cinci, Colmubus, etc. have already been enticed to come. Not to mention you've already garnered some OoS interest as well (MI, NY/NJ, MD/VA, IN, PA, etc.). Just give it some time, things will shape up.

Count

Smash Champion
Springfield had tiny tournaments at first also, they just gained respect over time and now its everybody's favorite venue. Just keep running tournaments that go smoothly and people will show up.

Sliq

Smash Master
Yeah, I tried to get a hold of AZ to see if he was going to see if he wanted to team, but ***** don't use aim.

In this tournament, I was just blindsided by Bowser. lol. It's pretty much simple as that. Not to mention, I gave away the match to Blue Rogue. Gahhh, it's always close but I just need to get something going on you Blue!

Top Bottom