• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Need some advice or have a question about something? Ask here!

Status
Not open for further replies.

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
C-stick is generally preferred, it allows you to drift in the air while you attack..

But either one is fine. We had players like Isai do fine using the stick to jump, and that was in melee, which was a lot faster.

You don't have that much aerial mobility to work with as snake, unfortunately =P

DeadX

Smash Journeyman
well i definitely wasn't thinking about snake when i posted this question.

i was thinking more along the lines of mk, diddy and g&w.

metroid1117

Smash Master
Has that been fully confirmed? There were exceptions in Melee of throws you could Smash DI weren't there?
I think that Jigglypuff's FThrow in Melee was the only throw you could SDI.

I think xoxokev's question was that he was wondering if it was possible to get out of a throw with SDI (rather than SDI the throw itself), but I could be wrong.

ShiFu

Smash Cadet
I've got a quick question... does attacking parts of the stage (i.e. posts in Luigi's Mansion, or those other breakable things in Brinstar) affect stale moves? And also like if you throw bombs but they don't hit anything, does it become more stale? :S

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
the posts in luigis mansion, the mucus walls in brinstar, the walls in shadow moses, and similar breakable stage objects do affect stale moves

throwing a bomb and hitting nothing but the stage floor does not tho

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you SDI in the direction that would make you not get hit by the rest of it. It's usually quite straightforward. If the attack is hitting you back and forth (pika's dsmash), try SDIing up so that one of the hits sends you too high to get hit by the other. If the attack doesn't really hit you anywhere, simply SDI away from the hit.

SothE700k

Smash Lord
I've been trying to find the thread that has an explanation to Controller Port Priority, but I can't find it, and I've forgotten what goes on with the ports...
I tried searching but no good.

How do the port priorities work?

SCOTU

Smash Hero
What the Frame data is for?
If your question is "What is Frame Data for?" then here's your answer (sorry i had a bit of trouble reading what you wrote).

Frame data is for figuring how numerically how quickly attacks are compared to other attacks, how safe attacks are to do, and what is possible in terms of followups and setups. It's not particularly useful to the average player, but it's very useful in gaining a deeper understanding of the game, and for anyone who wants to have a fundamental grasp on their character.

Pr0phetic

Dodge the bullets!
I've been trying to find the thread that has an explanation to Controller Port Priority, but I can't find it, and I've forgotten what goes on with the ports...
I tried searching but no good.

How do the port priorities work?
You should try to search using the search feature.

Here

metroid1117

Smash Master
In SCOTU's thread on The Physics of Attacks, he says that it is impossible to tech while in hitlag even if you SDI into a surface. If that's the case, then what happened in this video? When did he (I'm assuming the player's Ankoku) press L/R to tech?

On another note, what's the teching window? Is it still 20 frames after hitlag but before you hit a surface?

Blackatticus

Smash Rookie
oye, im doing one of the worst possible match ups for Ganondorf, marth. now i know that ganon should go on the defensive, but keeping my distance isn't working much for me (cause of his short range attacks), plus the lag of course.
Usually airial attacks when hit spot on send marth flying in a few hits, but I need some kind of tactic to survive marth until that point

right?right!

TubaMarth

Smash Rookie
what is the major difference between online brawl and offline brawl? how bag is the lag really...on a non lagging battle?

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
unless you are playing with a guy in your city that has a great connection and the same ISP as you, you will always get enough lag to not be able to powershield or airdodge attacks correctly.

its bad

TubaMarth

Smash Rookie
How would someone that is marth(me) fight against 2 equal leveled opponents?

1 vs 2

i need to know how to use marth against CAPTAIN FALCON and META KNIGHT can anyone tell me the advanced tactics to beat a meta knight and a captain falcon while they are teaming against me

also i need to know how would Marth (red team) fight (and win) against Ike(Blue team) and Sonic(Blue Team)

SpookyGhost

Smash Cadet
Personally, unless they are both at very high percentages, I don't believe you can win in any 2v1 situation.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
what is the major difference between online brawl and offline brawl? how bag is the lag really...on a non lagging battle?
the difference is that there's a specific amount of time programmed into the game that the game waits before it inputs your controls. the point of this is to allow the internet time to get the signal to you of what your opponent pressed. The problem is that they picked an insanely huge minimum "input delay" (10 Frames minimum), instead of simply gauging the internet's speed like every other internet multiplayer of quality.

Cero

Smash Lord
Hey, a little off topic, but, how do you change your signature?
I'm having trouble figuring out how to change my signature because they've changed the profile layout.

It seems like I can change just about everything else except my signature. :ohwell:

Cero

Smash Lord
I can't find "Settings". I can only find "About Me".
When I open "About Me", it shows me the information that I can change in this order:

Clan

MSN address

Biography

Wii Number

Smash Character

Brawl Friend Code

Interests

Occupation

RPG Name

Signature *no pencil*

The pencils are buttons that I can click to edit those specific fields but "Signature" is the only one I can't seem to figure out how to edit...

The method you described ("under Settings Edit Signature") sounds a lot like how I used to do it before they changed the layout.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Oh. You're clicking on your name and looking around your user profile page.

Instead, from anywhere, look at the very top of the page. There's "Home, User CP, FAQ, Members, Search, ..."

Click User CP.

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Oh. You're clicking on your name and looking around your user profile page.

Instead, from anywhere, look at the very top of the page. There's "Home, User CP, FAQ, Members, Search, ..."

Click User CP.
You have to also have the Boards icon highlighted, so make sure you go over to the leftmost icon saying boards, highlight it, and go down to User CP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom