• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Mike for the last time i know for a fact smith did not touch brawl the night he was at MY house...
first of all this is a trivial point: how can you witness that something did not occur?

were you actually watching smith the entire night?

he came over and played a few games. And the first time he put his controller in (which was rude because nexus was the next to play and he basically cut him). I asked him if he was any good at this game and he said yeah, kinda. I played him like 4 times and nexus played him like twice. I'm absolutely sure of it. We were over there in the corner. He did play regardless of whether you were aware of it or not.

I recall "I don't know, I'm high [laugh]" not the other one.
the other one they were trying to convince you of something really stupid. I recall I was in the doorway along with 2 other people and you. I think they were hiding something from you and trying to convince you it disappeared. But many times you were acting with an unnecessary attitude. An attitude I saw far too often at high school parties coming from the 1st timers or the socially awkward people who wanted to belong. Not saying you fit either group. But you do present the over-dramatic attitude that is typical of people who have some sort of internalized social anxiety.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
lol I don't think he played brawl because I watched him the whole night because I am basically his big brother/baby sitter he was playing melee the whole night. I never saw him play brawl ever. EVER

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Do you remember how hard it was for anyone to get to the brawl "CORNER"

i would have noticed as i was doing bracket and such.

also i kept looking back there because my comp was there.

oh and im hosting another bigger tournament when i find a venue <3

Kannapolis Wonderfest

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
lol I don't think he played brawl because I watched him the whole night because I am basically his big brother/baby sitter he was playing melee the whole night. I never saw him play brawl ever. EVER
w/e its such a stupid point.

He did play brawl. I just wish nexus got on smashboards to confirm it. I don't recall if cory was over there at the time he came or not. but he played with us a few games. but regardless this is stupid.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
Money Match me for $20 next event then.
3o5
PO5 rules.
If you can beat me from not trying then you will obviously win this MM, free 20 dollars.

I mean, I want my McDonalds money, so let's play.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Do you remember how hard it was for anyone to get to the brawl "CORNER"

i would have noticed as i was doing bracket and such.

also i kept looking back there because my comp was there.

oh and im hosting another bigger tournament when i find a venue <3

Kannapolis Wonderfest
well for a time there was only 1 setup. But at some point in the night another television was turned brawl. after I played smith a few times I left. and then came back and realized I couldn't get in on those and so waited for the other tv and then played kadaj a lot. he beat me with everyone (including ganon) except the 1 time I beat his peach. and then he came back and beat me with her. and then nexus and I played on the other television for the rest of the night with someone else (i think this is when cory comes into the picture.....in fact I'm sure this is when cory comes into the picture cause the last match I had of the night was against a DDD). You hollered at me and said that we all need to leave (me, keith, and shady).

and then we left.

aside from all of this, I hope to make it to ur tourney :)

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Speaking of stupid irrelevant points smith is a lot better than me and I beat you in brawl and I don't even play that game. Wario is such an op character amirite? Accept the money match so I can hype that **** until I throw up all over you.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
Money Match me for $20 next event then.
3o5
PO5 rules.
If you can beat me from not trying then you will obviously win this MM, free 20 dollars.

I mean, I want my McDonalds money, so let's play.
right now......like on witry? sure....I guess....

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
So is this acceptance finally?
i already accepted......at the next NCSU. I'm not going into a MM with falco unprepared, considering I still need to learn some of his match-ups and get consistency down.

but if I lose with him, I might have to go back to zelda :(

you don't mind if I use a secondary do you?

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Is it sad that when I first saw ZeldaRox's name, i think it was some estranged version of LoZR and at some point in tourney, he'd get all Scooby-Doo on us and pull his face off to reveal that he is actually...

BRIAN ADAM JONES?!?!

And he would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids and a dog named Cody?

Okay, slight fabrication. But it's a funny scenario nonetheless

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
since Maria's seem to be the most hyped and have the biggest turnout.........and seem to be spaced pretty far apart, do you think that her tourneys would be the best ones to do this (especially since they run both brawl and melee)?
Sorry I am late, I have been gone all weekend... buuuut I was actually reading over this thread some and wanted to make my next tournament $10 and pay out further.
Just to see how it goes.
Discuss.

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
Well, I think payout is going to be decided by number of entrants. If we pass 40 again I will probably pay out to 5th.

Or maybe if we have over 30 too... The first BAC had 32 entrants and the second one had 40-50.
I dunno how many we would get this time.

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Well, I think payout is going to be decided by number of entrants. If we pass 40 again I will probably pay out to 5th.

Or maybe if we have over 30 too... The first BAC had 32 entrants and the second one had 40-50.
I dunno how many we would get this time.
I hope to get lots of people again.

Don't pay out to 5th unless lots of people come, otherwise some people will whine about it.

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
oh yeah, I was talking melee... brawl had more people than that.
I will decide once we get all the entrants in and I see what each pot looks like.
I am definitely going to pay out to 4th with a $10 entry fee though.

~Twitch~

Smash Master
cullowhee, nc western carolina university
Is it sad that when I first saw ZeldaRox's name, i think it was some estranged version of LoZR and at some point in tourney, he'd get all Scooby-Doo on us and pull his face off to reveal that he is actually...

BRIAN ADAM JONES?!?!

And he would've gotten away with it if it weren't for you meddling kids and a dog named Cody?

Okay, slight fabrication. But it's a funny scenario nonetheless
my god......

Kaila

MLG That Bracket Girl that makes cookies <font col
I'm too lazy to read the blocks of text.

I honestly was excited to see you guys have $5 entry fees. I started out in NYC, which has a cluster**** of awesome players that I know I will obviously never, ever have a chance of placing as a Pikachu going up against those players. Hell, my first tournament match (which I paid 20 ****ing dollars for) was against Atomsk, to be followed up with Ninjalink. Usual buy-ins range from 10 to 20 in NY/NJ and there are tournaments every weekend, often on both Saturday and Sunday.

You know your own skill level when you decide to go to a tournament, and should know it compared to the other players. Which means that you are agreeing to the possible outcome when you decide to go to it. Upping the amount would put a huge hold up on your community, especially since it seem like you already have a set group of players who usually place. I know I'm personally much more likely to go to a 5$ tournament that is three hours away than a 10$ one, because I know it'll be a fun experience where I'd get to play some good matches and hang out with people I enjoy.

Spreading the winnings seems pointless overall if it's chump change. It should be more about the matches and bragging rights than actual winnings when it comes to locals.

/two cents

Mariabattleaxe

Smash Ace
That is what I was saying!
$10 entry fee for payout to go to top 4 or 5
and not every tournament, just the bigger hyped ones where there are enough people of equal skill level to make it so there is competition for top 5.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
man, freaking if you do, at least save me seat. (making sure what happens to me for DC (omg no one could drive me T.T) doesn't happen again).

Top Bottom