• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Stacks - Round 9 @DUKE 10/30

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
galmorax disease does not exist.

I hope in time you will realize.... I am King Troll Barton. I am Legend.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
galmorax disease does not exist.

I hope in time you will realize.... I am King Troll Barton. I am Legend.
i'm not an idiot. I knew it was a made up disease.

but you posted twice that you hate stupid people. I was wondering who on these boards made you think that.

also, I know you're king troll.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i fight sheik with ganon. because i know ganon so much better than any other character, it would be sheer folly for me to do otherwise. and that is at least a 60-40 matchup, prooobably 65-35.

as a player, it would serve you well to learn falco to the point where you would rather fight pika with your hardcore main, falco, than to try to pick up some other random character so that you can fight LDPK and yet another secondary so that you can fight kackamee whenever he makes it to an event. understanding other characters helps you understand the game and options from other perspectives, which is great, but when it comes to maining, you really should stick to a character and know EVERYTHING about that character, and then, if you really can't achieve goals with that char in certain matchups, contemplate learning different characters.

the character you feel comfortable with should be your main. secondaries are for wimping out on 65-35's and turning into 60-40's in your favor. if they're not that drastic, then you should be more comfortable with your main against that char.

tl;dr: get a main. keep a main. 2 bad matchups mean u have something to learn, not something to run away from. man up.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You can also get CP'd by the guy you want to counter and then you'll have to learn more for the character you picked up initially for one matchup.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I know for a fact that you were at Snap's and we played like 10 games. Don't try to deny it. Karn's? When was I at Karn's? This has to be a joke.

And since when am I johning? Falco is the second best character in the game. I like that about him. However, he does have 2 hard match-ups. If I am playing to win, then I'm going to pick a character that I feel comfortable with those 2 match-ups. I don't talk **** to MK mains. You are a real prick I must say. I have argued for months that MK isn't broken. He odes have hard match-ups. None of his high-tier match-ups are easy wins unless he counterpicks the stage (in which case, he has to deal with their counterpick). I'm gald you can come up with all of 10 names that main a single character. HOwever, in watching lots of brawl videos many of the best players I see know a diversity of characters.

LOL you're arguments step further and further from relevance. I can't wait until you start outright flaming me. you're a funny kid.
I did not play you at Snap's dude. Stop accusing me of something I did not do. I was in tournament or was playing Gabe, I had absolutely no time to wreck your 12 pocket mains. You were at Karn's one night and I was beating you in Project M AND Brawl, I then got up and left to play Melee. It's ****ing annoying you're accusing me of something like that, if I'm such a scrub and it's true, I'll $20 Money Match you and shut you up.

Johns you've made is "I play for fun", "Falco has a hard time against Pikachu" and then you say it's a 55:45 MU, that's johning and making up an excuse to another character because you won't take the time to learn the Match Up. I said "Etc" after I said 10 names, please go re-read my post if you did not see it, there are tons of players that stick to one character, All the Toon Links do, All the Yoshi's do, I can go on. Watching Brawl video's doesn't mean everybody uses at least 2 characters. That's flawed logic.

How are my arguments stepping farther from relevance? I mean if you want me to just out right flame you, I can just get Cam to get you to cry about how he's the reason why Homosexual commit suicide. Pricks trying to talk about things they just don't understand, really.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
i fight sheik with ganon. because i know ganon so much better than any other character, it would be sheer folly for me to do otherwise. and that is at least a 60-40 matchup, prooobably 65-35.

as a player, it would serve you well to learn falco to the point where you would rather fight pika with your hardcore main, falco, than to try to pick up some other random character so that you can fight LDPK and yet another secondary so that you can fight kackamee whenever he makes it to an event. understanding other characters helps you understand the game and options from other perspectives, which is great, but when it comes to maining, you really should stick to a character and know EVERYTHING about that character, and then, if you really can't achieve goals with that char in certain matchups, contemplate learning different characters.

the character you feel comfortable with should be your main. secondaries are for wimping out on 65-35's and turning into 60-40's in your favor. if they're not that drastic, then you should be more comfortable with your main against that char.

tl;dr: get a main. keep a main. 2 bad matchups mean u have something to learn, not something to run away from. man up.
I mean, you must not know how hard that IC/Falco match-up is. I watch lots of brawl videos and whenever I see them two meet its usually at least a 2 stock if not a 3 stock. Falco can only do so much laser damage. And their down b stops any escape falco tries, not to mention how much it complicates falco's ledge get-up.

The pika isn't as bad imo (although it is actually listed as 35......I personally think ic are a 35 mu). But its still hard. And I don't have too many chances to practice these 2 match-ups. I feel comfortable with falco. But some days I just can't get his bdacus down which leads to many problems (and certain losses). This is why I use secondaries.

You can say man-up all you want but that's not doing me anything. And I laugh that you say I'm turning a 35 match up into a 60 one. My secondaries are peach and sheik......which turn that one into a 40 lmao. Its not like I'm going for an easy win. I just need characters to give me a break from falco.

But most of all, I am trying to make clear, that when I go to tournaments, I want to have fun too. And playing with peach and sheik are just plain fun.

And I really don't think its anyone's business if someone prefers using a secondary. Like really, what does it matter to anyone how I play. Its not like I'm trying to win in a cheese way. Its just I don't like taking those pathetic match-ups. Geeze, get off my back. The more flack I take from you all the more I want to just pick up MK as my main and not even have to deal with very hard match-ups.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
i remember ya'll playing at karns.

this was the start (and finish lol) of my P:M ike.

witness status.

snap was there too.

edit: you're learning other hard as **** matchups so you can take a break from your main's hard matchup?

i hope all idiots die of ragaflagalamorax disease :glare:.

i goin to bed. i'm too old for this bull****.

DJRome

Smash Hero
lol decker, u realize u say:

"u must not really know how hard it is. i saw this video and from the conclusions i can make (which may or may not reflect the fact that i do not know if these players' skills are equal), it is bad for falco because someone wins handily."

i think it's just time to realize that despite you playing for almost a year, you are still severely handicapped in terms of experience in the game. it's not a knock of you, just simply the facts. these other players play better players than you play more often than you play and attend more tournaments and smashfests than you do and likely watch more videos and read more about the game.

not saying im good, but yeah

edit: fiz legit

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
just been lurking :)

MM? pick your game
we already did this... my jiggz gave u the works in melee

and my snake gave u the works in brawl.

and then i laughed and said "dwam fiz, I aint play this character in months."

and then u were like. " a yo keith, there's a wild kangaskhan on the bench *fiz laugh*"

Juno McGrath

Smash Hero
Black Chris's Ike.

My ikes inspiration.

also.

Smith did three stock Mike like, 4 times

loool.

and smith never played brawl at my place.

20 Doll hair MM.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I did not play you at Snap's dude. Stop accusing me of something I did not do. I was in tournament or was playing Gabe, I had absolutely no time to wreck your 12 pocket mains. You were at Karn's one night and I was beating you in Project M AND Brawl, I then got up and left to play Melee. It's ****ing annoying you're accusing me of something like that, if I'm such a scrub and it's true, I'll $20 Money Match you and shut you up.

Johns you've made is "I play for fun", "Falco has a hard time against Pikachu" and then you say it's a 55:45 MU, that's johning and making up an excuse to another character because you won't take the time to learn the Match Up. I said "Etc" after I said 10 names, please go re-read my post if you did not see it, there are tons of players that stick to one character, All the Toon Links do, All the Yoshi's do, I can go on. Watching Brawl video's doesn't mean everybody uses at least 2 characters. That's flawed logic.

How are my arguments stepping farther from relevance? I mean if you want me to just out right flame you, I can just get Cam to get you to cry about how he's the reason why Homosexual commit suicide. Pricks trying to talk about things they just don't understand, really.
You're such a liar. I swear you are making me **** my pants. You came over there and were acting totally tweeked out. I turned to Nexus and said "look at this kid. he thinks he cool because he gets high and then overly acts the part. I can imagine how he acts in school. i knew so many kids like him."

and the only time I played project M was at billfest; I'm guess that was at Karn's. It would have been pretty hard to beat me at that considering I did no 1 v 1's on that. All that was played was teams. And I have no melee tech skill so I'm glad you made the point that you could beat me at a game that is based around melee tech skill. bravo.

And as for brawl, I don't recall playing you at all. The only brawl friendlies I played were with the peach/kirby main (I swear I cannot remember his name) and stingers. Other than that, I never had a chance to play. I was still too shy to ask to get in on a game. But lol, have it your way. You beat me on these imaginary frienlies. good job.

did not say the pika is a 45 mu. Its a 35 mu. Which isn't unwinable but its pretty close.

I play for fun isn't a john. I like playing a diversity of characters. So be it. Get over it.

And maybe complaining about a 35 match-up is a john. But it seems like a legitimate john to me. but I really haven't complained about it. I just dislike it and choose to play a mu where I don't get chaingrabbed to 50 and then naired and then tech chased. sorry :(

and the original argument was over the tourney vs friendly. you lost that one and so went on to a semantic argument. then you came back around and attacked my skill level. lost that one. attacked me personally.

and I didn't say Cam caused homosexuals to commit suicide. but ignorance of the sort that cam expressed was the leading cause of homosexual suicide.

and what exactly do i not understand. it could be anything as far as I can tell.

I'm prepared for the flame. bring it on!!!

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
i remember ya'll playing at karns.

this was the start (and finish lol) of my P:M ike.

witness status.

snap was there too.

edit: you're learning other hard as **** matchups so you can take a break from your main's hard matchup?

i hope all idiots die of ragaflagalamorax disease :glare:.

i goin to bed. i'm too old for this bull****.
fiz wins

I remember zr and smith playing at my place

this thread is sill lol. I'm going to bed. byyyyeeeee
Black Chris's Ike.

My ikes inspiration.

also.

Smith did three stock Mike like, 4 times

loool.

and smith never played brawl at my place.

20 Doll hair MM.
You're such a liar. I swear you are making me **** my pants. You came over there and were acting totally tweeked out. I turned to Nexus and said "look at this kid. he thinks he cool because he gets high and then overly acts the part. I can imagine how he acts in school. i knew so many kids like him."

and the only time I played project M was at billfest; I'm guess that was at Karn's. It would have been pretty hard to beat me at that considering I did no 1 v 1's on that. All that was played was teams. And I have no melee tech skill so I'm glad you made the point that you could beat me at a game that is based around melee tech skill. bravo.

And as for brawl, I don't recall playing you at all. The only brawl friendlies I played were with the peach/kirby main (I swear I cannot remember his name) and stingers. Other than that, I never had a chance to play. I was still too shy to ask to get in on a game. But lol, have it your way. You beat me on these imaginary frienlies. good job.

did not say the pika is a 45 mu. Its a 35 mu. Which isn't unwinable but its pretty close.

I play for fun isn't a john. I like playing a diversity of characters. So be it. Get over it.

And maybe complaining about a 35 match-up is a john. But it seems like a legitimate john to me. but I really haven't complained about it. I just dislike it and choose to play a mu where I don't get chaingrabbed to 50 and then naired and then tech chased. sorry :(

and the original argument was over the tourney vs friendly. you lost that one and so went on to a semantic argument. then you came back around and attacked my skill level. lost that one. attacked me personally.

and I didn't say Cam caused homosexuals to commit suicide. but ignorance of the sort that cam expressed was the leading cause of homosexual suicide.

and what exactly do i not understand. it could be anything as far as I can tell.

I'm prepared for the flame. bring it on!!!
Read the Quotes.
65:35 is winnable, lmao.
I'm tired of your ignorance and stubbornness.

EDIT: Also please don't stereotype me, I hate that ****, you don't see me calling you a *** every chance I get do you?
EDIT2: You dodged my MM, you scared bro?

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I played singles with ZR at Karn's once.

It may be possible you forgot some details, unless you're talking about a different Karnfest.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I've been to 2 but the one time I remember there was no one to play brawl with. but i remember the time I played you kevin. it was the first billfest I went to. You worked my zelda with your marth. but I didn't play you at the other one.

and smith, wasn't stereotyping. But I have hung out with people who get high and I've hung out with people who get high and want to make sure people know they get high. there's a difference, I put you into category 2. these are the people I hate. because they try and fill a role that they think is cool. and as they do it, they show how fake and insecure they are. sorry bud :(

and snap, I know I played smith. Me and nexus were playing. and at some point cory was teaching us the ddd match-up. it was late in the night and smith and someone else came over (I want to say twitch but don't quote me on that. the other kid with smith didn't play. but smith did play. nexus and I both played him)

but it doesn't matter.

and I'm really considering this $20 mm. However, I don't know the tink mu so I will have to think on it. some itme in the future we will have it. and it will be a $20 mm no backing out. just gotta do some hardcore mu studying.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
I don't know a single Match up in Brawl
and I did not play you dude.
I don't get high and tell everyone, I avoid it. Why try to impress these people, they don't care if I'm high.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
I don't know a single Match up in Brawl
and I did not play you dude.
I don't get high and tell everyone, I avoid it. Why try to impress these people, they don't care if I'm high.
that night you rolled on the couch and said 'I'm so high' and then I just looked at nexus and gave a smile and laugh.

but at one point in the night someone tried you convince you of something that was clearly false and you said "I don't know......I'm so high" at which point I made my final judgement. You played the roll perfectly.

DtJ SmithZzz

Happy Birthday Kjell
that night you rolled on the couch and said 'I'm so high' and then I just looked at nexus and gave a smile and laugh.

but at one point in the night someone tried you convince you of something that was clearly false and you said "I don't know......I'm so high" at which point I made my final judgement. You played the roll perfectly.
I recall "I don't know, I'm high [laugh]" not the other one.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
Just because he said he was high doesn't mean he wants people to think he's cool it just explains why he can't contemplate what the **** is happening. Herpderp

Top Bottom