• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 5 "The Next Best Thing" Results!

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Marvel vs. Capcom 3 (16 Entrants)

1: Danny ($48.00)
2: Kadaj ($24.00)
3: Esam ($8.00)
4: MinorCrisis
5: Kresent
5: Mark
7: angryscot
7: sushi
9: Nelson
9: travis
9: Ankh
9: Jake
13: rick
13: DJ
13: CD
13: Jim

Brawl Doubles (15 Teams)

1: Crazy Old Maurice, Hmm? (Craig + Esam) ($90.00)
2: Long John van Hugendong (Scott + Stingers) ($45.00)
3: Nima taking that damage feat. Steve (Steve + Scotty) ($15.00)
4: MnM (Shady + PP)
5: Nasal Academy (Uncle + KSK)
5: OP Spotdodge (Sanketh + Leo)
7: Speedy Scandal (JD + Katie)
7: Mario Beats his Snake vol 1.5 (313 + Yogi)
9: Geogria Diamonds (Dyno + Sage)
9: Pookachu (pooka + chill)
9: The Pidgeon Boys (Dan + Ankh)
9: ECU (Koozy + Gq)
13: Team Shamwow (Sham + Wow)
13: Pidgeon Crabs (Steve + Fyrus)
13: Bacon Wrap (gryph + bacon)

Brawl Singles (38 Entrants) [MK Banned]

1: Esam ($114.00) :pikachu2::popo:
2: sushi ($57.00) :snake:
3: stingers. ($19.00) :rob::falco:
4: Waldorf :dk2:
5: ShadowAzure :warioc:
5: Archer :toonlink::marth:
7: stockfield :snake:
7: Kadaj :falco::mario2::samus2:
9: rPSI :lucas::rob:
9: Dyno :wario:
9: Austin :dk2:
9: Gq :diddy:
13: Tiger :marth::kirby2:
13: Sham
13: Gryph :wolf:
13: 313 :snake:
17: Dan (with the van) :fox:
17: V1CE :dedede::wario:
17: eikellmann
17: Alex :marth:
17: Uncle :bowser2:
17: Leo :falco:
17: Zeldarox :falco::marth:
17: Chill :pikachu2:
25: Joe
25: Daniel
25: Kresent :dedede:
25: Ksk :marth:
25: Ankh :marth:
25: Pooka :ness2:
25: Bacon
25: Yogi :mario2:
33: Kevin :kirby2:
33: Dransel
33: Koozy :lucas:
33: Raph :olimar:
33: Zulu
33: Shwag

Melee Doubles (13 Teams)

1: Crazy Old Maurice...Hmmm (Peepee + Twitch) ($72.00)
2: Currency Calculator...Wheat Thins ($mike + Dop) ($36.00)
3: THE KIDS (stingers + Jim) ($12.00)
4: Dormition of the Theotokos (Malk + David)
5: djrome + audi
5: Lord Darkfysh (Josh + Karn)
7: Small Warrior Forest Boy and His Overfed Cat, Tooty (Cam + Smith)
7: Ganon Gangbang (Chris + Eikellmann)
9: Virgins (ACE + Dorsey)
9: Howard Taft
9: Smash Bros (Ballard + Blake)
9: nc legends (Lozr + Yeroc)
13: jlin + wlin

Melee Swiss (42 Entrants)
http://challonge.com/ncsusr5

Melee Bracket

1: Peepee ($126.00)
2: mike ($63.00)
3: Lozr ($21.00)
4: twitch
5: esam
5: Camron
7: dop
7: jim
9: jlin
9: chris
9: darksyde
9: eikellmann
13: robert pan

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
shoutoutz to tigress, ksk, dorsey, mooney, seth, ESAM's fox, tiger, dopsicle, cam, steve, snap, stongers, jimers, tony's gf, caity, shmiff, ace, thunduh, knorr, and my ***** jD

but mostly tony's gf, you godsend angel from the goddess herself, offering up god's gift to those you'd just met <3

fun tourney

I feel like I can beat esam if he doesn't go fox

and I'm taking bl@ckganon down

:zeldamelee:

edit: super shoutoutz to smith for our epic set

edit2: people need to stop leaving **** everywhere

I swear I went around the venue 2-3 times with a bag and just picked up y'all trash. we barely get out of there on time as it is at least try and keep the place clean

edit3: if I missed you it's all cool I probably love you

cept you know

that one guy

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lucas your awesome. i spent at least 10 minutes walking around solely picking up other peoples trash after y'all left. that room was not that big...come on guys =[

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
ok, so how did curry man come in second? also look at steve without mk. hamburger helper pulled through on this one. good job jaurice you got your typical 13th place. OH CRAIG WHAT HAPPENED?

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Flash of insight: My temper is getting out of hand again lately and my moods have been SUPER erratic.

I still don't agree with Mike and Aasem's decision. However,

I publicly apologize for insulting them both and for putting my hands on Aasem. That was uncalled for. I deserve the flak I'm getting for that.

I publicly apologize for letting Lucas get to me and posting his personal **** on the boards. I still think he is wrong for the way he acts towards me, put I crossed a line I had been trying to avoid stepping over.

I am going to avoid posting or playing Smash for a while and hopefully come back with a fresh perspective.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
I love most of nc smash.
Shout outs to Dop cam Dj Tony Lucas Dylan phoot Mott yay(that bowl was delicious) Kevin smith Seth monochrome twitch and :drmario:

:phone:

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
I don't want to click on that link
it is probably carzy old maurice, or something equally horrific.
shoutouts later.

H1N1

Smash Journeyman
Flash of insight: My temper is getting out of hand again lately and my moods have been SUPER erratic.

I still don't agree with Mike and Aasem's decision. However,

I publicly apologize for insulting them both and for putting my hands on Aasem. That was uncalled for. I deserve the flak I'm getting for that.

I publicly apologize for letting Lucas get to me and posting his personal **** on the boards. I still think he is wrong for the way he acts towards me, put I crossed a line I had been trying to avoid stepping over.

I am going to avoid posting or playing Smash for a while and hopefully come back with a fresh perspective.

its ok if your having trouble getting laid

ShadowAzure

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts!

Joe Foster - I know at some point you will read this. Stop lurking smashboards and go to a tourney! You could get pretty far. Good seeing you again and thanks for the housing!

H1N1 - Sorry you couldn't make it brohan. I named my team with Steve after your joke just for you.

V1CE - THERE'S A ****ING TRICERATOPS ON THE MOON!

Sushi - Too bad it was an mk banned event. That said we still had fun matches, it just would have been a lot better for me to play against your metaknight. Good **** brohan.

Archer - My advice to you remains the same, just try not to get frustrated when you play. Your opponents can pick up on that and will likely make things worse, or you can make things worse for yourself. It might be better to leave your emotions out of it and instead think of what you can do to close out a match or come from behind. If you have time to express your frustration mid-match, you have time to keep your head in the game.

Tiger - I like the idea of that Mario Party fest. Should definitely do that sometime. I'm sure plenty of others here would be down for that too.

Pooka - It's not every day I come by a good Ness player. I saw some of those doubles matches and you played very well!

Jaurice - Let's just say I ate my own words when I said your video reference was so last year xD

Kadaj - I just don't understand.

Waldorf - Well ****, I lost Scott vs Scotty. Good games!

Esam - SUPERBASS!

Mekos - Thanks again for the doubles videos, I've been looking over them and they helped me get far this time around, so you're shoutout worthy without even going to this tourney lol. Next time I see you at a tourney I'd like to continue discussing doubles strategies, as I will be looking to go even farther.

Nima: Taking that damage, getting 5th in doubles! Like a boss!

GGs to everyone I played.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
H1N1: Definitely not the issue; if anything, I have too much.

My being bi-polar plus the hyper competitive mindset is pretty much it. Something I have to deal with, but I wish what you mentioned was the issue. It would be dramatically easier to resolve.

M

MysteryTigerTeen

Both the matches I lost were 1-2 last hit

Also I used kirby for half my matches. If you wouldn't mind adding him, that'd be great :3

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Shoutouts so I can embarrass all of you before you get a chance to embarrass me.

Ganons: You're all awesome

Eikelmann: It was great to meet you in person. Hopefully I didn't dissapoint you. You're Ganon's really good. I'm looking forward to meeting you again sometime.

Ace: I didn't get to talk to you much, but it was cool to meet you.

Dorsey: It was cool meeting you, and I enjoyed our games. Getting 3 stocked by your Ness was embarrassing, though. Fortunately I made up for it with my Kirby. And yes, my name on Smashboards is Deeveenoocage.

Chris: We didn't get to play any games at this, but it was cool seeing you again. Let's get some dittos going at the next tournament. Your Ganon was looking really good.

Jim: It was fun playing you round one. You have a great Ganon.

PP: Our Kirby dittos were awesome. I'm coming for you, and I won't stop until I have the best Kirby in NC. You only had one stock left at the end of that last game. Also, even though your beard is gone, it'll always be there in spirit.

Yeroc: It was great seeing you again and getting a few games in. I'm looking forward to seeing you again.

Cam: Thanks for commentating, it was cool meeting you.

Juno: Thanks for commentating as well. It was good seeing you again.

Zelda Main: Great job against Esam's Samus. That's going to be one of the first videos I uploaded. Don't worry, I'll say I had technical issues uploading the part were he went Fox. Our games were a lot of fun.

Josh: I only got to play you once, but it was fun. It was cool seeing you again.

Ballard's Brother: It was cool meeting you, and our game was fun. I bet you weren't expecting me to CP Rainbow Cruise with Kirby, huh?

Esam: Thanks for saying you didn't want a chip when I didn't want to give you one. Also, thanks for the Brawl advice, even though I was so bad I went and did the opposite.

Kadaj: I never met you, but we beat the same bye, so clearly that means I'm as good at Brawl as you are.

Whoever It Was That Gave Me Olimar Advice: You're now officially my favorite Brawl player.

Stingers: Thanks for running the tournament and almost playing a game with me. I just realized we still haven't played against each other. Also, good job with that Ganon. You did us Ganon mains proud.

That Handsome Guy Running The Stream: You have an amazing beard. Thanks for letting me commentate, even though I was absolutely terrible at it.

Everyone who commentated: Thanks. Without you, the stream wouldn't have been as good as it was. Unless you were bad at commentating, in which case you need to get better.

Everyone I didn't mention and I know: You're awesome.

Everyone Else: Introduce yourself to me so you get in the above group.

Me: You had the best tiebreakers out of everyone who didn't win a match. Great job. But seriously, why were you using Kirby? You're an idiot.

pooka216

Smash Cadet
This tournament was really fun. This was my first time entering singles and i'm hoping ill gradually learn how to play against everyone.

ShadowAzure: Our matches were fun even though i got bodied. That wario was reallly fast and i kinda just got overwhelmed. And thanks for the compliment!
Archer: Good doubles matches. toon link makes me cry
Stockfield: You're always super welcoming and i appreciate that.
Tiger: Good doubles matches
Leo: I think you beat me in singles and doubles haha. I have to learn what to do against falco... i don't think chain grab should lead to death every time =(
Zeldarox: Our friendlies in singles and doubles were fun. Next time we should do ness vs falco
Raph: Playing you was fun even though you said you didn't play brawl haha. I was secretly admiring your accent the whole time.

Oh and i played ness, chill played pikachu, and sham played snake

lord karn

Smash Master
Ugh, I really wish I didn't have to leave early. I thought at least teams would be done by 4. Alas, and I was playing so well, too. a;lskdjfaiosdjf

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Thanks Pooka!!

I had lots of fun at this tourney. Too bad I got there too late for the Marvel tourney. But I definitely enjoyed the Brawl.

Shoutouts to all the new people I've played.

And to my match with ESAM.

moTT

Smash Cadet
yay - ***** WE HITEMUP
cam - cambowning. i so held down that tv just for us. thanks for your insight. i love you.
twitch - **** your spacing <3
pp - amazing advice, i'll make you proud
dj - friendlies, FINALLY! (getfukt)
stingers - i'll say it again.. if that turn-around warlock punch had hit..
moo - thanks for your insight concerning marth v doc. i pity doc. :(
$mike - "get ****ed that one match, though!"
snap - frozen, acidic coke on a white car.. ok, it was funny/spontaneous at first, but afterward it kinda pissed me off. i'm glad that **** came out. i could understand if i'd done something to piss you off, but i'm pretty sure i didn't. troll a little softer next time, bape!
chris - we'll friendly next tourny.
josh - as above, and i hope you return better in every way.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
This tournament was really fun. This was my first time entering singles and i'm hoping ill gradually learn how to play against everyone.

ShadowAzure: Our matches were fun even though i got bodied. That wario was reallly fast and i kinda just got overwhelmed. And thanks for the compliment!
Archer: Good doubles matches. toon link makes me cry
Stockfield: You're always super welcoming and i appreciate that.
Tiger: Good doubles matches
Leo: I think you beat me in singles and doubles haha. I have to learn what to do against falco... i don't think chain grab should lead to death every time =(
Zeldarox: Our friendlies in singles and doubles were fun. Next time we should do ness vs falco
Raph: Playing you was fun even though you said you didn't play brawl haha. I was secretly admiring your accent the whole time.

Oh and i played ness, chill played pikachu, and sham played snake
watching you and chill play sanketh and leo in doubles was awesome. I wish y'all won=[

_Kadaj_

Smash Hero
Throw that P***y at me? B***h I think Im Babe Ruth
Yeah Hunter it was Vahe

And stingers I played Mario, Samus and Falco in tourney those are the characters I used to advance in singles. Not Marth

To everyone that's wondering and keep asking what happened I just wanted to have some fun and relax after Marvel (it was the first game played)

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
shoutouts:

Eikelmann - nice to meet you. wish we couldve done better in teams. we had two good sets in singles. your playstyle is just like mine from what i could tell...it was like fighting myself...good matches.

ACE - always good to see you at a tourney. wish we couldve played some and chilled together

Dorsey - good to see you too bro. glad you could make it out

Jim - good stuff at this. glad we could chill together. next tournament i'm taking the top ganon spot though.

Raphael - for the love of God, drop kirby. good stuff running the stream though

taheem - maybe next time. your marth still needs work. stick with the 7-3 matchup against me imo. the even matchups don't suit you well.

mike - rock climbing 4 life. it's a shame your mix was too good for my speakers though lmao.

eddie - glad you could go to this. seems like you were on point even after not having played in a while. good stuff.

smith - we need to talk, boy.

tac - i believe we forgot to play at this lol. maybe next time.

robert pan - can't believe you choked the way you did against jim lol. that was hard to watch. come to more stuff so you can learn to FINISH YOUR GODDAMN MATCHES.

jflo - always a pleasure playing that busted matchup lol. hope to see you again sooner than later.

moo - yay for ganon. lol at my fox beating your doc before my ganon could. we need to play more

twitch - lol we never play. good stuff in your set vs mike. those salt packets were dumb though lol. better luck next time. bair more.

kevin nanney - eff kirby, i'm comin for dat ***

josh - i'm always neutral. and i honestly believe that the most unfortunate part of the whole ordeal is that, as you said, you were not told up front that the team switch grounds for the dq that, in the end, should have been clear. i don't know what kind of conversation was had, but that definitely should have been a discussion between you, karn, yay, stingers, and some of the remaining teams. i know karn had to go to work, but i believe you knew that before teaming with him, and i know that he knew that before teaming with you. it never should have come down to what it did.

lucas - my bair is better than yours. and since bair is pretty much your only good move...sorry bro. it felt weird not being able to punish your neutral B though...i need to check out that hitbox lol. the whole match i was afraid you'd switch to sheik last stock lol.

malk - WRONG CHEESE MOTHER****ER. we will go climbing sooner than later.

the rest of you - good stuff coming out and making this event what it was.

chillbologna

Smash Rookie
good stuff, had fun playing with everyone.

stephen: awesome job, especially for your first tournament.
raph: lol, at least you didn't get 3 stocked! you'd def kick my *** in melee though
shwag: don't feel bad about those matches, you played well. pika has a +2 on lucas, too
zeldarox: fun matches, would've been a close set if we ran into eachother
kadaj: hahah you somehow fit the LONG mario taunt into our match... ggs :mad:

I wish y'all won=[
next time ;)

Top Bottom