• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NCSU Smash Rehash Vol. 2 "I Can't Control It" Results [MK Banned]

waldorf2007

Smash Ace
NNID
Waldorf2007
Great tournament, lots of fun. I lost momentum towards the end of the night, but I'm gonna throw sickness johns out there :]
Shoutouts take too long, but to all the people I played good games, lots of fun. In particular:
Tiger: Sorry our matches were for nothing, there was some bracket stuff. Still nice seeing you
Stockfield: yo next time we team (if we do) we'll put in real work, sorry for ****ing up in losers. You were like my brawl buddy, must have played you 20 times in one way or another.
Also....WARIO LOVES YOU TOO BRO :) <3
Foxy: Nice seeing you again, we should hang out some time and brawl, get you practiced up a bit. There's a fall break for NCSU next week Wednesday through Sunday, maybe I could come over to your house or something during that time?
No shoutouts for stingers or sushi or Leo or ben/adam or whoever cuz I see them all the time.
Shadowazure(Scotty): Nice to finally meet you, seems like you just sprung onto the PRs and I wanted to see you play! I recognized the name but once you said triggerforce it all came back to me :]
Vice: good games/talks about anime, I'm def gonna start reading up on Naruto again. One piece is heating up in the anime but I haven't really caught up on the manga yet.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
SHOUTTTTTOUTTSSSSS. Lehhggo. This time at NCSU, there was awesomeness, there were cool catfish, no metaknights, and mad hype. Keepin' it epic with the NC. Good ****, VA. Y'all get mad love. srs.

Peeps:

Dark Hart: Ran that Melee reeeeaaalll good. Sexy turnout. You're a pretty cool dude. I'm definitely gonna see you around soon.

Stingahs: ilyman. We all do. Good **** running the brawl half. You better rep that Brawl PR better next time. Wipe Craig and Kevin off the Brawl map.

Gaga (Taheem): Nice placing in the rankings. I sucked this time, but I'll make it up next time and meet you in the bracket. That Shiek better improve by then.

Kadaj (Craig): Mang. You know what it is, mad love. Diggin' the hair. I'll see you in like a couple weeks or whatever, lmfao. I'll show you how to play Fox, son.

PeepeeMD (Kevin): I saw those tourney matches you had. y u so **** mang. Next time we meet, we're going in. I'm getting a stock or two off of you and you're going to **** some knowledge into my broken bird.

LoZR (Adam?): Broooo. Get hype. Way to go on setting the whole ROOM on fire. Brawl was upset with all of us hyping your Losers Final, but who cares. Had the room booming. Imma learn from that Fox soon. That's what Melee is. We come, we show out, we go in. (Not that Brawl doesn't get hype. Just sayin'.)

Slasher (Brian): I sucked this time around. But I have gotten a lot better. You're my next target to surpass. One at a time.

Smith: Smiffbaby. I got mad johns, so salty. Lol. I love you though, I'll catch you around real soon, and I'm going to show you my real ability.

Snap: Speaking of sucking...Naw. Good *** friendlies as always. I don't know what was up with my tech skill and missing fastfalls through shield (wtf) but the matches were still effin' sick. I'll get you next time, too.

JD: You're a ******. Lol. You know what you did.

Brian aka Farm aka H1N1 aka Troll: Your Mario is garbage, Brawl and Melee lol. Good job in tourney though. Get better, you're still not fantastic. Get top IC's in NA, please? Cool.

V1CE (Steve): It's been a while, thought you quit this game. Hah. Good to see you though, you better start steppin' that Wario up.

RocketPsience: Looked nothing like I thought you would, lol. But that's not a bad thing. Regardless, nice to meetcha finally. Good matches. All that.

Boss: Those friendlies, man. Intense. You're just what I need to get better, in addition to learning the extent of Mario. I'm looking forward to dem future friendlies. I'll be better by then.

Bl@ckD@rk...@hris: Thanks fer urrthang, yo. We gotta get those matches in next time. I still haven't learned much about being careful with Ganon. Still fly, though.

TrevorPuff: Good matches, bro. Keep practicing up. Get in the zone. You'll be 0-deathing Spacies in no time.

DJRome: Good friendlies bro. That Fox. Hotsauce for the Catfish. I want more.

PLUR: Bruh. I love you already.

Kayla: If you see this, Hi. :D

YAYUZ: Swag. Just...swag.

If I'm missing anyone I'll edit them in, or sneak them in when they post. I can't remember anything else. Props again to VA and NC for making this tourney one to remember. I'll be around. Next time, I'll be even more Smoov with my game. Get ready, NC. I'm on my way to the top.

SK919

Deal with it
Good luck Tac. When your not getting 4 stocked in under a minute we'll talk about Surpassing me... :D :D :D :D :falcon: :falcon:

But yo imo Tac. Taheem has made more progress than you. His decision making skills and understanding imo are above yours at the moment. You rely on technical skill (which is not even top notch) while taheem is actually trying to learn the decision making process.. at high levels and even mid levels of melee it's all about decision making.

That is what I got out of our session last week.

Prove me wrong. Come down here and MM gaga for some bills. ;D

I like the rivalry you two have.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
Extra no love on the shout outs from Alex Flooshnslip. lmao

Very very happy with how Yay and I placed in teams considering we had never teamed until our first tourney match. Teams was pretty stacked, really wish more people would have entered. Wild that we had 31 for singles and only ~8 teams. I don't understand why that is, especially when our divisions are sooooo cheap.

Yay is awesome. So happy seeing Cam **** everybody and make me look bad. Gotta step it up next time.

I was not having a good day vs Marth with Falco yesterday. I dropped matches to EMB and Sushi with Falco then switched to Fox and had a lot less trouble. KP played really well in our set and I was doing dumb things. GGs to him.

Big public apology to Adam for having to reset my controller like 8 times in the last half of our set. I was fortunate to get him to game 3, and he was very understanding and nice about it, but it's very unfair to have to do that as it has a strong effect on in match moment. Very glad he went on to **** everybody. My controller is effed until further notice. :[

Good **** to Lucas for holding down Melee and handling money stuff well. Everyone was very appreciative. Props to DJ and whoever else helped seed the bracket.

Sorry for not socializing with everybody more, that few sips I took of that muscle powder stuff that Adam had got me super focused on Melee all day, I barely talked to anybody for the first 10 hours of the tourney. lmao

Finally got to play Mahone a lot. After the first few matches of getting rested a lot, I settled in and we had a lot of good stuff back and forth. His Falco has improved a lot, as well. Actually really enjoyed all our matches as a whole.

And efffff Kevin for never playing me at tourneys. But he did come over today and Falco ditto me a ton so I guess it's aight. Still, really don't like having him playing both games. He's always way too busy to ever play Melee...or have fun. agoijsdoji

Love to all the Brawl players for being weird and silly with us. Really don't understand why anyone would play a game with Snake in it still...super not a big fan of the stage invisibly booby trapped. Extra love to Craig and Caiti who I never get enough time to talk to a lot.

An honor to finally get to play Boss in Melee. What a super chill individual. GGs.

And GGs to everybody I played all day, everybody I played in tournament, everybody who let me borrow their controller, Cliff for spending half an hour trying to fix mine (<3), and anybody who I forgot.

Black Mantis

Smash Hero
I guess its shoutout time:
Blackchris:Thanks for taking me and Jayson. Good stuff beating Gofg too. The boro is stepping its game up in smash! ^_^

Dr.Yogi:Your Mario is on the rise. I'm glad you got to meet your Mario hero Boss. I hope you took whatever he taught you and apply it. Good stuff in teams. My bad I couldn't Greg Jennings the Lucario though. >__>

Pitzer:My Q is legit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! and I'm going to try and stop that anubis strat next time

GQ:GGs

Darkflame:I choked so bad. >___>

Tac:teach me how to Luacrio (like really)

Killanator:Good stuff as usual

Koozy:lol on delphino

Waldorf:Your Donkey always gives me trouble. But good stuff in teams.

PP:>____>

Boss:Haven't seen you in a while. That up b timing is ****.

Smith:idk

Taj and Korn:I gotta figure out how to beat a snake and d3 team.

Gaga:I heard you were ****** in Melee. good stuff

RSPI:mm next time?

Karn:good stuff from what I saw

Dark Hart:lol you're cool

Yay:minegames lol

Sushi:>__>

Foxy:still legit even without mk

arch:maybe mm next time

Lightsyde:Marth>>>>>>>>>>snake (like really)

Stock:your snake plays different

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
MELEE- that was fun, thanks

VA- get ****ed up

Farm- you're a cocky *******, and few like you, but all mortally fear you with divine love.

l0zR- your offense is so good. who could deny such swag. even your u-throw chains look like something out of the right side of the devil's brain. thanks for showing me how stupid i am.. i'll **** you a clean dirty one soon >:]

(still can't get over that one cross-up pivot u-smash you got on mahone, hypes me up everytime)

OmniOstrich- thanks for stickin with me through losers bracket, coach. some real smash bros ****, i appreciate the support. also, the pre-tourney smashfest was a very cool one. you guys have a nice pad.

DH- takin names, runnin tournaments, you know ha'dizzzzzzzz.

Taheem- my nikkah TaHEEM. good seein'/chillin with you again bayb. you know we're gettin friendlies in next time...

Karn- nicka u weird

Darksyde- your lucky my beige *** got the **** out of bed saturday morning or one of those OoS mother ****s woulda gotten top 3. jesus christ i can't trust any of you half-baked f***s with s***.

gofg- you're dangerous :x
really

Dark Flame- Sam, i like your disposition. *thumbs up* nice meeting you man.

BlackChris- it always scares me when i gotta play you. and no matter what the stock count is when we're through, i always feel like i barely got out alive. good **** finally beating jim and with your recent placings in general. slowly, the prophecy is realized ;) .. keep it up man, i got your back as always.
**** you dj

Boss- you were one of the first pros who made me want to play smash. man you play with such confidence, it really is a sight to see. one of the few (VERY VERY few) that can make brawl interesting to watch. def in my top 5 of favorite brawl players. enter some melee next time bro, i'm pretty sure if you went back to workin on Doc you'd **** all these nigz up.

Yay- LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLnigr.

Foxy- let's play next time. we have similar melee minds.

Smith- pretty sure that bowl still isn't done. LMAOOOOOO @ stingers shoutout to you.

Moo- when i'm less exhausted we'll have a serious set again but then we'll actually go over some stuff afterwards. sorry i was so pooped out, there was a list of things i wanted to say, but i just didn't have the energy. drive to my place and play sometime, ehh?

Jim- we all know if you were in practice you woulda ***** the **** out of that wack *** puff. you're the ****in man, but you already knew that. i got 20 for you next time i see you kid. :shaq:

Stingers- oOooOo0o0ooOoooo0o who is this big bright bubbly buttery new man in stingers' body? haha... as always, i love your attitude. it's weird how you can be ****in candy sweet one minute and then the most abrasive wall of bumble bee @sses the next. def one of my favorite smashers for real. you can get first if you stick with it bayb, you got this.

oh yeah and.. OH MY ****ING GOD ASK DYLAN ABOUT THE COMBO THAT THIS N*** FLY-in-SWIM DID WITH :pEACH:

Michelle- gosh, you're pretty. :colorful:

Pitzer- thanks for educating me on 3S and the like. i'll hit you up on xbl so you can teach me a thing or two.

Kadaj- n*gguh, you are handsome.

Bden- fox!? ight.

Snap- the ride was much appreciated as always bud :laughs:. you are a hype machine. thanks for finding and helping me find large rooms from small tunnels, as always.

Rhi- thanks, now i can visit the dog whenever. shoutouts to jenny.

DJ-

Sushi- i hope you keep playing. i think you could be excellent at this game.

PP- it's not your offense but your defense in falco dittos that's so inspiring. the way you squeeze through holes that i'm unfamiliar with is scary/exciting/discouraging/uplifting... you make me want to get better.

anyone i missed- i hope you don't think i give a ****

bossa nova ♪

Smash Champion
lol NC melee players have ****ty defense

EDIT:

and it's not like the same people have been around for 6 years

my first tourney was in mid-09 give me a ****in break LOL

he's good

but i'm gonna beat him

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
I'm still too tired to do shoutouts... lol

2 snakes in my single bracket...
that MU is dumb, I hate snake xD

7: Korn [Forfeit to Boss] - nice meeting you =] glad u had fun in nc lol. we'll almost certainly travel up to mdva for something soon, whens the next big tourney y'all are hosting?
..uh xanadu on December 3rd lol
MD/VA tourney scene is quite dead atm :glare:

Taj and Korn:I gotta figure out how to beat a snake and d3 team.
This is the first time I team with him, and mk was banned.... so we like.. had 0 strategies, what to do lol
But it was a lot of fun.

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Good luck Tac. When your not getting 4 stocked in under a minute we'll talk about Surpassing me... :D :D :D :D :falcon: :falcon:

But yo imo Tac. Taheem has made more progress than you. His decision making skills and understanding imo are above yours at the moment. You rely on technical skill (which is not even top notch) while taheem is actually trying to learn the decision making process.. at high levels and even mid levels of melee it's all about decision making.

That is what I got out of our session last week.

Prove me wrong. Come down here and MM gaga for some bills. ;D

I like the rivalry you two have.
I don't need to MM him. I'd take his weed money. I haven't played you in like, a while. Weeks. If I'm beating him it would mean that my decision making skills aren't as bad as you imply. Sure, maybe he might know when to shieldgrab my space animal with a SHEIK. But I still know how to keep my space and what my options are enough to beat him 75% of the time. Consistency relies heavily on decision making too, I've learned that to a further extent recently. And whether or not the matchup is in my favor or not, I'm still learning everytime I touch the controller.

I went into training mode from like 4am til noon last night after the tourney, because I was determined to fix why I lost my matches. Not because I made all bad decisions, but because I was inconsistent. So I made sure I fixed it, learned some new stuff from the tourney and flowcharted how I could utilize it and when based on what I saw.

But we'll see when I hit the PR. And even then, I'll be learning.

And of course, no offense Taheem. You're getting good. Still getting better. Keep growin' with meh.

Edit: And you 4-stocked me once or twice of like 20 matches. Lmfao. >_>

SK919

Deal with it
I don't need to MM him. I'd take his weed money. I haven't played you in like, a while. Weeks. If I'm beating him it would mean that my decision making skills aren't as bad as you imply. Sure, maybe he might know when to shieldgrab my space animal with a SHEIK. But I still know how to keep my space and what my options are enough to beat him 75% of the time. Consistency relies heavily on decision making too, I've learned that to a further extent recently. And whether or not the matchup is in my favor or not, I'm still learning everytime I touch the controller.

I went into training mode from like 4am til noon last night after the tourney, because I was determined to fix why I lost my matches. Not because I made all bad decisions, but because I was inconsistent. So I made sure I fixed it, learned some new stuff from the tourney and flowcharted how I could utilize it and when based on what I saw.

But we'll see when I hit the PR. And even then, I'll be learning.

And of course, no offense Taheem. You're getting good. Still getting better. Keep growin' with meh.

Edit: And you 4-stocked me once or twice of like 20 matches. Lmfao. >_>
nah ***** you got 4 and 3 stocked so many times in dittos it was hilarious and that falcon match was hilarious. Idgaf what you think. taheem told me about how last time you guys met up he trashed you over and over again. Then you played a set and won an somehow that negates all of that. I heard about all the lame shiek johns.

I hear all this **** talk. Let's see you beat him when it matters. I know who's gonna come out on top. I'd put side money on that ****.

Inconsistent sure but maybe we can record next time so I can show you how often you laser in the wrong place, how many options you leave open, and how many times you fall into movement traps.

training mode can only do so much for you. MM gaga next time you see him. I'm willing to sponser him 20$

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
The callout. So agro.

Ask him who he thinks is better between us. Ask him also when the last time he actually played singles with me before that set at UNCC. Weeks. Even so, does it matter if he said he "won"? I'm "winning" now.

Moophobia

Smash Champion
lol I love how it's Slasher talking about johns and all this **** when he's the person in that spot most of the time.
Guess you gotta take the opportunity to be on the good side of the stick for once.

Top Bottom