• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Brocator Thread: **** Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
Kevin and Alex have so much chemistry. You'd think they were having gay relations.

Also, lol at Stongers quoting HLS like he means it (Even though his summary is exactly what he and PP do)

mr.fizwidget

Smash Champion
dk's up air has a hitbox that covers his whole body @.@

the up air thing only works if the mk is rising in his nado...

but if he isn't then you can just di up and out...

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Ah Stongers, you're back early. I was expecting to surprise you.

I've been itching to have a reason to post all of this for a while now, and I think this is going to count as my 9000th post(Gentleman's club gays my count anyway so whatever lol). Here we go!

1. I am bad at Brawl. You all think I'm being modest when I say this, and for a while, it was modesty. This was in 08. As soon as Brawl has been out a year I saw the level of play rapidly improving, while I had very minor improvements in my game at all. Getting wrecked by Hungrybox's(who doesn't even play Brawl unless he's bored) DDD at HERB 2 in pools and getting 2-0'd is just embarrassing as a "top player" from my state. I have seen videos of other players, and their styles are so refined, so practiced, and I just feel like I don't have the adaptability in this game to combat it. I know Marth should **** Fox, yet I let Duo DJ FF AD through my hopeless FF Uair over and over and over until Duo learned my other patterns, baited me, and just got his hits until I lost. I had to have Mits tell me to be more patient vs Shady's Snake last weekend.

"But PP", you say, "you could always pick up a secondary for your bad matchups." No. Because I am bad at figuring Brawl out, I only understand Marth and can only stand the game as long as I'm playing as him. Unfortunately, I'm doing so badly with Marth I can't do any strings, which is one of Marth's great strengths and gives me a sense of pride to know that I can predict and condition my opponent to do what I want them to and get my hit(s). That disappointment enough is daunting enough to make me want to quit.

2. I don't care about money. Maybe, if I got insanely serious, talked to every good Marth on AIM, and did loads of thinking/playing(somehow) then I could keep making money in this state. Too bad for you guys I value prestige and respect wayyyyyy over money(they just happen to come together usually).

3. Brawl itself and tournaments just aren't fun at all. At HERB 2, I walked around in Brawl day. I observed a noticeable difference from the Melee players and Brawl players as well as the atmosphere. The Brawl players were awkward and not very outgoing socially, and those who were chill either played Melee as well or were really good at playing in a way that made Brawl boring. I don't enjoy watching camping unless I want to pull for one of the players(they'd have to be from NC). I don't enjoy MK going offstage wrecking other characters unless it's for a top spot. I don't enjoy DDD CG'ing to Bairs or run away shield. I don't enjoy Snake nade dropping and shielding and tilt spamming. It is, on the whole, unappealing to me. I appreciate the skill it takes to do some of these techniques on a high level, but it all looks gay and unexciting to me.

4. I can't play with anyone. There are some guys on campus who I've played with one time, and now they won't even get back to me. I'm alone out here, while I have Seven to play Melee with, as well as others in Gboro and WS. No one to practice on.

5. I can have more time on weekends to do other stuff. I can now skip Brawl day of 2-day tournaments to play Melee friendlies with people who stick around, or I can miss parts of Billfests/all of other tournaments so I can do school work or....yeah pretty much school work.

6. Other people are stepping up. I don't need to worry about representing NC in Brawl anymore when we have up and comers. I've been wanting you guys to beat me so I could quit, but the reason I wouldn't quit beforehand was because I wanted to try to prove NC's worth in Brawl in order to get people to come back to our tournaments when you guys did finally start beating me.

There you have it, ladies and gentlemen. My 6 reasons why I want to quit Super Smash Brothers Brawl. I am wholly unashamed in writing this. I'll probably play until January when Omni wants to MM me so I can play my last serious match of Brawl.

Thank you, and good night.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
and nc lost one of its brawl representatives because instead of being the best he's the 2nd best

how depressing

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Improvement? Laughable. Respect? Only in NC.

In Melee I have actually done things and gotten noticed vs good players and am talked about some. In Brawl I lose and no one talks about me.

I don't really care if this sounds lame. I like to be recognized for what I've done and that only happens in Melee or when I'm at a Brawl tournament(until now).

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
It's all been building up. I haven't been enthusiastic about Brawl since Ali quit.
snake is the reason i didnt break my brawl. ali quit? i didnt know that. and to think that the one guy who solidly beat m2k...quit. and people wonder why brawl is a bad game.

not bashing u guys, but come on! pp is one of the best falcos (top 4 maybe) in the world, and u all are sad cuz hes quitting brawl? its seriously like having mango living in nc and complaining cuz he stopped playing sf4...who cares? u would get so much more fun and reward out of taking advantage of pp's experience and expertise in a great game if u just played melee. its only a matter of time until you, too, quit brawl and subsequently regret the amount of time lost that could have been put toward melee.

this is not in ridicule of brawl, but more in the spirit of trying to instill some common sense. u should also consider that no one really quits melee. the only people who stop playing have either played for many many years, were the best for a long time, or recently started to play again. i guarantee that all u brawl players would have loads more fun just playing melee. take it from the Pee Pee himself (no homo)

stingers

Smash Obsessed
you're respected enough to be in that marth brawl back room for what that's worth
people know your marth :/
plus what happened to wanting nc to improve :(

"i guarantee that all u brawl players would have loads more fun just playing melee."

oh dear god shut up -.-

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
<3 Theo.

Also, Ali is I've Jihad it. Ally is a Canadian who beats M2K.

@Stongers:

Nobody knows my Marth outside of NC. If they do, then they're like "yeah, he's okay." It's disheartening.

Dude, I didn't quit because I wanted lots of NC to improve. I am a goal. Beating me should be like a rite of passage. 3 of you have done this now, and Shady and Omni will be able to soon probably, so I have no regrets about abandoning NC when they could possibly use me as motivation.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
lol pp more people know of you outside of nc then duo or me or sushiman. i've never seen duo's name mentioned when people talk about good foxes, and I've seen you mentioned when people talk about good marths. lol I mean you're not mikehaze or neo, but you're good. you're not mango or shiz in melee but you don't complain about that, idk why it's so different. sure you're better in melee then you are in brawl (duh), but the difference isnt large enough that u should quit over it lol. but w/e. your choice -.-

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
If you think that that analogy you made is correct, then it would explain why we would disagreed on this. I don't even know where to begin there but you're just gonna have to take my word for it that I will never agree.

Only reason I'm mentioned in good Marths is when they want a sizable list(as in, the few good Marths there are).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom