• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Billbro and Lord Karn present: License to Bill 2/21, Melee, Brawl, Brawl+

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Alex/Bill - thanks for hosting this. These are always amazing.
@Bill: Some nice little talks, I hope I didn't bother with that Melee TV ****, I thought it was the only one left at the time. Also, I really don't think that Brawl Singles and Teams should be run at the same time. Since Brawl matches take longer than Melee matches, and there are more people playing Brawl, it just takes a really long time to get matches done, and people are waiting forever to start their matches. I don't really know if Brawl+ had anything to do with it, but I'm just trying to help you tournaments run smoother.

Ace - lol we still haven't gotten any friendlies in. I need to play you and your Ganon at some point.

7/Matt - I know I can be kinda a sore loser when I squander, but that's only on the outside. I just take it to heart is all. Good **** on winning our set, bro. I don't know why I stayed Falco when you CP'd FD, and I don't know why I couldn't get one grab on you when I needed to to win the set, lol, but no john, you won fair and square. Good stuff. You'll be getting so much better since you'll get that Dr.PP training. Come to more tourney so we can play, it was nice to meet you.

Tyler - Good stuff almost making that comeback. I was scared for a second that I'd squander that match so hard. Friendlies with you were real good. "I'm out for blood, Dark Hart blood." too good. Hope we get to play some more.

Kevin: Good **** on winning everything. Especially Melee teams. Glad we finally got a rhythm going after that first set vs Matt and Rawfulz. And in our friendlies I was finally taking stocks off of you! yay! Always great to chill with you. I hope I make it to HERB to see you in action against dem pros.

TC - Glad I finally got to see you again, good stuff in Melee singles and teams. Let's make sure it doesn't take another year lol

BEHR - "God ****, Lucas, when did you get so good?" :laugh: I just finally got a little practice in is all. Al ways great seeing you, bro. Keep getting better. THIS IS WHY BRAWL ****ING SUCKS! **** THE MUDKIPZ YO! I'M ON A BOAT! lol our screaming is too good.

Vilt - Thanks to you and Jim, then you and Josh, me and Kevin got a lot of teams practice in. Thanks for driving us too Wendy's, bro. Samus can beat Sheik, it's just really hard!

PLUR - No problem for the ride. anytime. and as for the Brawl hate, I'm never playing again, unless DUB wants to diddy ditto.

Mike - I only think we got a few friendlies in, but god dayum did you **** me. Not to mention your set against LoZR was just total ****. On BOTH ends. Good ****, bro. You've gotten so much better. You set with LoZR was the start of me losing my voice. I'm going to miss you, kid. Hope you make it to HERB, since I'm going to see if I can make the second day for some friendlies.

Matt and Rawfulz - how does it make sense that you beat me and Kevin when you were drunk, but we beat you when you stared to sober up? :confused:

Adam - **** you're just too good. Glad I got a little LoZR training in. always beating me. Always. Good **** in teams, bro. I'm coming Rocky Mount during the summer for a weekend and we're playing Melee!

So. Pinehurst - Good **** on that crew battle. I screamed so much. and DUB is amazing. so amazing. yay DUB! I'll be happy to diddy ditto you any day. and good job on getting into Melee.

Josh: STOP RESTING ME! =P Always nice to see you. Good **** in teams bro. thanks for giving me hope on being good at this game. hope to see ya around.

Zero - I 2-0 you, you 2-0 me... I think we need a tie breaker mm. =P

Jim - nice to see you again. You're Ganon always beats me! AH! I need to learn how to beat Ganon! We should team sometime, but unless something besides HERB happens in March, I don't think I'm going to any tournaments until April.

Sengin - Nice to meet you. That one Falco ditto was fun, and your Falcon is really good too.

KNORR! - what's good bro, I'm glad you made it.

THUNDA! - I hope you end up somewhere in Raleigh, then we could hang more and you could still chill with the bros.

Mudkipz - All of you except for Omni suck.

Duo and Mitsu - Realy great to see you guys again. To bad you missed Melee though, I wanted to get beat by Mitsu. I hope you get those monthlies at Gamefrog started, and make sure they have none laggy TVs for Melee. =P but seriously, non laggy TVs for Melee. We should chill and play Melee sometime, since I live in Raleigh. North, North Raleigh, but still Raleigh =P

Brawl - You suck, and you're the bane of my existence. I hate you with all of my heart. I gave you a change, for almost a year, but know I'm finally done. No more Brawl for Dark Hart.

great tourney, hope to see everyone again.

Zero_Gamer

Smash Master
DUB: goooood stuff man, crew battles ****!

Dark Hart: You're so much better now, and we should definately have a tie-breaker mm (for 5$?)

Vilt: Thanks for the ride bro, FALCON PUNCH!

BEHR: Good stuff, my **** in a hungrybox

Fritz: You're a great teammate, we should team again sometime

All of the Mudkips crew: You got ***** lol, but good stuff on the friendlies

PP: As usual, you are ****, I hope to roll spam (in both games) with you more, we hardly ever get to play

People who used Olimar and ROB on me (EVERY SINGLE PERSON I FACED):

......................_.
..................../.../
.................../.../
................../.../
................./.../
............/´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
.........\.................'...../
..........''...\.......... _.·´
............\..............(

stingers

Smash Obsessed
Dark Hart said:
So. Pinehurst - Good **** on that crew battle. I screamed so much. and DUB is amazing. so amazing. yay DUB! I'll be happy to diddy ditto you any day. and good job on getting into Melee.

Brawl - You suck, and you're the bane of my existence. I hate you with all of my heart. I gave you a change, for almost a year, but know I'm finally done. No more Brawl for Dark Hart.
10lols .

BEHR

Smash Hero
Shout outs.

Dr.PP- Nice **** **** me again

Lozr- Thanks fro ****** me in Friendlies.

Ace- Yuh good stuff same you your bro.

Dark Hart- I love you man. :3

Alex- We did good we will win money soon in Melee team with me again. <3

Bill- Always love you. <3

Thunda- Always nice seeing an NC Legend.

TC- Good stuff and you fell asleep during Brawl its a side effect.

Pinehurst- Good ****

Mudkip ***s- Get *****.

Jim- Dude Me,You, and Mike are awesome. <3

Mike- Stop ****** me.

Zero- ****in Gay

To those who could not come

NO JOHNS

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
i never got to play you plur! we need to do an IC ditto... thanks for letting me use your controller later that night.

I forgot zero, we had some fun ones too, nice roy. and lol @ the dk ditto.. we'll have to rematch that sometime.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Wooooooo shoutouts I'm tired:

Billbillbill: I learned some Olimar tricks from playing against you this time, but I know that if I don't keep analyzing the matchup you'll catch up to me very soon. Keep it it bro!

Lol and Olimar dittos are so pro.

and thanks for hosting and not killing me. =p

Karn: Also big thanks for hosting. Did Big **** ****?

Malk: I'M SORRYYYYY!!!! I'll play you in arcana heart before anything else next time! I thought you were gonna stick around longer, and when I finally got a chance to play you, you had left. I feel really bad man. You looked sexy with the shave if that's any consolation.

Mudkips: I met all of you but Fritz really, and I think everything will settle out just fine on the boards provided some antagonism on the bros end slows...
that crew battle...so good.

Flamingo gets his own shoutout for f*ck meta knight. =p

Knorriega: It's been Jubilee mah niggg!!! So great to see you again man. I'm glad we got to play some bro, and I really hope to see you again too, you're too cool!

Dark Josh: You let things bug you too much man. If it happens, it happens. Just try to learn from it and look forward to the rematch.

PS: ***** Falco is a free spirit. Grabs are SO effin gay for him.

PLUR: I am NOT racist. Your Melee ICs are good man. I can't believe yo funky azz is outta practice lol. Oh and Marth sucks in teams lol.

Dark Hart: We won teams. Stop getting rested lol. I was the wrong color in our friendlies matches.
XD

Thunda: Buck it is so freakin awesome to see you again bro! I'm sorry about your move, but I'm glad to see you around in tournies again for now. Stay beast.

Jarard....Gerod.... GEEE RAAHHH....TC! : Your Marth is so tricky man. You could've had like 20 more grabs on me than you did if you had grabbed right after my spotdodge after I teched. Don't feel frustrated playing me bro, I'm pretty cheap. =p

Vilt: The extreme Baconator story never gets old. You actually CC too much with Samus imo, which seems to be hurting you. You're definitely improving though, so I'm sure you'll be beast by HERB. Thanks for the ride to Wendy's btw.

BEHR ****: You're still improving. Good shiz. Hopefully you got some singles recorded so I can critique your newest Fox. Fiyuh nukka

Zero: We DO need to play more. RSLG you made me laugh pretty freakin hard at the message to Olimar and ROB. I agree with that for one of those characters sometimes....

DERP: You can roll on me any day baby.

Mohr- Good shiz the night before the tourney. Your Sheik is pretty **** bro. Lucky I have mah laz0rs. =p

Dorsey- I am not a man without your guidance.

Ace/Dave/lovable scamp- Thanks a mil for the housing Friday night. We never Ganon MMed....I was so lame this tourney.

Smith: Nice to meet you bro. You want some dressing on your salad?

Crio: Great to see you again man. You're characters are starting to look really solid! Keep up the good work bro.

Jman: I saw your SC post. I'm sorry you feel that way. I agree it wasn't the best atmosphere, but we can't control how the people coming in to the tourney smell....your Sonic played well from what I was seeing in the tourney man. Hope to see ya around.

7- be mah WF fwend

Mask: That Falcon ditto was freakin epic!!! I screamed my head off for that set lol. Way to recover from that 4 stock and make the final match really close, that's a hard skill to find in players. Good shiz. Sorry I forgot to say goodbye btw.

Rawfuls: Welll, we got close to talking at this tourney lol.

Raggy bro: DK is SO freakin good. We have to play eventually lol.

Dub: I only heard of the NC, possibly first and only, Brawl legend that is and was the DUB ****** the Mudkips crew with his true main **** of bananas and ****. I wanna play that Diddy in singles now. =p Good shiz gettin into Melee. Post up some vids and I'll critique them for you sometime to the best of my abilities.

Duo: Get yo azz stomped in balloon poppin. =p That grand finals set was so crazy lol. Sorry about your brackets but I'm glad no one really went away from them truly unhappy. Also, goooood shiz on your set against NEO. You gotta tell me how you did it sometime.

Mitsurugi: Thank you SOOO much for the Meta Knight practice. I needed it so badly. I appreciate the complements on my Marth, and I sincerely hope that I can go with you and Duo at least once to DC. Oh yeah and thanks for the offer and the wonderful Brawl+ finals matches. F*ck yo Forward tilt.

Sengin: Argh, I meant to play you, but the Melee setup was hogged during Brawl! Before that I was trying to clear my bracket ASAP so I could friendly you, but the 10-20 minutes added up I suppose. You gotta go to HERB so we can play more for real.

Landisbro: Good shiz goin with us then leaving the tourney lol.

Newbie (why is that yo name steve urcle): How was Chapel Hill? =p

LoZR: It is alwasy so much fun hangin with you man. You're too cool and good at smash, both games for sure now! That last match in Melee on FD I got carried away in my silly flashiness lol. I'll remember to play smarter next time. See man, you're not through teachin me how to play this game yet! We're gonna **** at HERB. Can't wait.

Jim: I saw what you and the TV were doin on the ride back home.

Stingers: We won Brawl teams! Lol your Dsmash is so broken. You got unlucky in that Brawl+ and Brawl this time, but I know your Brawl game will bounce back fo sho. Sorry I forgot MvC2 and whatever that other thing I was supposed to have lol. I honestly don't remember what it is right now. =p You still wanna team with me? XD

@vids people: I'll see what I can do.

Criosphinx

Smash Lord
Yeah. I played pretty horribly in all facets of the game this billfest. Am I allowed to Nausea + Dizzyness from 2 hours of sleep the night before John?

Of particular note, I ended up throwing up in my car (And a good portion of the side of the road) about a half hour from my house. That was wonderful.

And now I have the flu.

John John John John John Rawr.

Sengin

Smash Ace
Bill and Alex: Thanks so much for hosting and having us (the Boone crew!). **** the apartment was crowded! I think that a Brawl+ tournament was a good idea, but it should have gone on after the other tournaments for the people that wanted to be in it (I heard that a lot of people just forfeited because they didn't want to bother being in it). Also, with the wiis being taken up with Brawl+, the Brawl matches took an ungodly amount of time, especially with the crew battle in the middle of it (because no tourney matches were going on at the time). Also, how did melee end up taking so long? Were people just not playing tourney matches or something? Still though, good stuff for putting on such a huge tournament.

PP: If only the melee TV didn't get converted into a Brawl one, I was looking forward to friendlies. I wanted to play you WITHOUT Bill's bed up my ***. Haha, I loved how our matches went ~50/50 until I lost a stock...then I just couldn't get momentum going because your Falco is a manchild of an 18-wheeler and a tank. Oh, and you would have died if I didn't get off the ledge when I did :( I don't know WHAT I was thinking. I am looking forward to more friendlies. I don't think I'll make it to HERB, so you should definitely come to the next Boone tourney (probably on the 18th or 25th of April). No AP study johns since it'll only be a day.

PLUR: What in the hell? When you all of a sudden went IC's near the end of our 4-hour long teams matches, you started putting on the hurt. Why didn't you use them before? Also, I don't really play Falcon; if anything he's my alt just because he's SUCH A MAN. I main Falco but once I went falcon I was having too much fun with falcon to switch back.

Darksyde: Ahaha, hilariously awesome 4-hour teams matches. Jiggs/Falcon is amazing. SOOOO many rests (and soooo many times of waking you up). I love how in like 4 matches in a row you rested Dark Hart before the GO! text left the screen. If we ever do tournament teams I wouldn't falcon punch :p (though I'd probably go falco in a tournament).

Dark Hart: As with PLUR and Darksyde, I was lovin' the teams matches. You should stick with one character for a while - it seems you are decent with a lot of characters but haven't focused on one enough to get really good with one. Also, see last 2 sentences of my shoutout to PLUS above.

ACE: Always love the matches. My falco and your ganon has to be like exactly 50/50. I 3-stock you, next match you 3-stock me, next two matches alternate but is down to the wire, etc.. All our matches are incredible.

Yeroc: Finally good to see you again after all these years. I wanted to get more matches in, but with you having to leave early for work and with so many tournaments going on, I didn't see you much when there was a TV open and you weren't in a match. Oh, and it would have helped if I had heard you call my name that one time. Good job in teams, by the way.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
Matt and Rawfulz - how does it make sense that you beat me and Kevin when you were drunk, but we beat you when you stared to sober up? :confused:
what part of this doesnt make sense? =p seriously me and matt are amazing when we're drunk its prly cus we play more when we are hah

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
That reminds me, good shiz Corey. Too bad you didn't get to see a whole lot of Brawl+.

Sengin, that's my whole big-time cram it study month lol. There could not be a worse time for a tourney for me.

I think I can go to Hickory or Charlotte over the high school's spring break, so maybe you could meet me at one of those places?

Foxy

Smash Master
oh the till 4am thing was for brawl+?

wow.

yeah just replace regular brawl with that **** to save time.

melee and brawl+ tournies is where its at.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Foxy, that's a really bad idea. Please just accept that.

It went til 4 because we ran Brawl singles/teams AND Brawl+ all at the same time, which slowed everything down so much.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Yeah, the only reason I could ever think of to like Brawl would be to take people's money. I'm such an inconsiderate jerk like that.

Brawl+ is not a competitive standard. It's a fun side thing to do every now and then, but OOS doesn't have the same codeset, or even get as competitive about this as you wanna be.

Sorry that you don't like Brawl for not being able to use MK as well as you can in Brawl+ and get money.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
All I can say is Bill's bed can handle a LOT of bro love.

Bill/Alex: thanks for hosting this thing. I'll be thinking of the next Billfest name lol.

PP: thanks for driving these crazy kids, and all the friendlies! Congrats!

Jim: great matches as always, wish you hadn't killed yourself on that third match :< YOU OWE ME BEER haha

Vilt: You're slightly hilarious lol. MOAR GANON DITTOS

Zero: Fun matches once again bro! mad respect for using roy in brackets.

Stingers: fun **** friday night haha. we didn't play enough man... next time

Sengin: yeah man those were some fun *** games. it was worth lugging that huge *** tv in there just for that lol

PLUR: yeah man that matchup is hard. also I've been playing Alex's mewtwo for quite some time now. we gotta play more bro

TC: GOOD LORD man, you had my number this billfest, taking me out in teams (both losses were to Jirad/Corey), and in singles. We had some really great games. Mad respect for that Marth and your Falcon. Can't wait to play you again man.

Rawfuls: nice Marth dude. Your spacing was just too good for me haha. Get Matt to take you to Chapel Hill sometime soon!

LoZr: never got around to playing you :< next time!

Mask: good **** in brackets son!! Your Falcon is so fluid. Hopefully I'll have the chance to play you again before you head outta here.

Lucas: I'm hunting you down next time for some friendlies.

KillerSOS

Smash Champion
I just woke up =0

Bill/Alex: Thanks for hosting this guys! I got some great matches in and had so much fun.

Raggy Crew: Sick crew battle. Soooooo close!

Bill: Olimar dittos suck! Good job though. You have more exp and slightly edge out my Olimar =)

PP: Thanks for the friendly. It was closer than expected. Doubles was also so close in winners finals. We just kinda fell asleep for losers finals.

Stingers: What was this about you killing me?? =0 Good matches though bro even though you attempted to go MK on me =(

I got 5th in singles and 3rd in doubles whoever was asking a few pages back.

Thanks for hte fun guys!

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Thanks for hosting bill and karn. The billfests are the **** best.

Everyone i played throughout the day good stuff.

Peepee: You are too good

Yeroc

Theory Coder
BRoomer
You actually CC too much with Samus imo, which seems to be hurting you.
Wait, is that even possible ;P

I'm gonna derail this hate right now. People like different games. That's just the way it is, and the way it's going to be. I don't like playing Brawl competitively. I tried to, but in the end I must admit that I don't care for the type of gameplay that Brawl exhibits. I have no intention of deterring anyone else from enjoying and participating in it, however, if they so choose.

Brawl+ may not be a competitive standard in the way vBrawl has been for the past year, but there are some people (myself included) who are very keen on trying to work toward that eventuality. It's not an attempt to supplant the Brawl scene, but IMO to make a new scene for people who maybe really wanted to like Brawl but just couldn't bring themselves to do it. Or for people who would like to expand their repertoire of competitive gaming. Or for whatever reason people decide to do the things they do. Who cares. But stop hating on other people because they don't share your opinion about a particular matter.

I'll post more later, once I get my thoughts in order again. I only got about 6 hours of sleep this whole weekend. And for as little as I actually got to experience at this Billfest I came away with great satisfaction in my experience of the day as a whole. Please don't take that away from me by bickering about piddly little **** like this.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
lol we ''started'' brawl+ during the melee tourny and i didnt play a single match thats how ''interested'' people were in that tourny that being said however i did play alot of it the morning before the tourny and it is fun but im not sold on it being competative yet

l0zR=)

Smash Champion
Corey im glad i got to see you bro. One weekend you gotta come down and stay with me will play smash all day haha

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Corey, I mean he focuses too much on it, that's all. Bad diction ftl.
You guys can do whatever you want with Brawl+ then, I'll say no more on the matter.

Killer: I should do well in that matchup, but I just don't have the right platstyle for it. I'm getting plenty of chances to practice it though, so maybe it'll turn out more like I want it to later on. =p

onlymaskde

Smash Lord
I know this is a little late, but I just wanted to say I had a lot of fun at this and it was nice seeing everyone.

Top Bottom