• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

NC Billbro and Lord Karn present: License to Bill 2/21, Melee, Brawl, Brawl+

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
@ darksyde im the other guy that went to eat with you and as for your second question im not new to melee just new to nc plus me and malk took out a bottle of vodka during teams thus revealing to all that vodka is my muse

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
Could we stop bashing brawl. If you dont like it thats fine you dont have to play but it would be great if we could stop belittling a game that a lot of players like and belittling the accomplishments of those players.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
that vodka did you better than it did me then. I kept trying to ganon wizard foot spike ppl off the stage after having a few shots and beers and getting edge hogged for it in my tourney matches... it was amusing at the time though ahahah

you and malk should have stayed friday night rawfuls. beer + smash =

Sengin

Smash Ace
Sengin: Good good good **** in teams. I was really impressed with your Falcon. A lot of those matches where I thought I had played really well you had just as many or more kills than me. Falcon dittos next time we play. But seriously, Falcon/Jiggz team was beast. So good at waking me up. haha
Agreed on the Falcon dittos. Team falcons too. TEAM MAN. That one teams match we did with 4 falcons was amazing.

Haha, everytime you rested I had to stop kneeing for a minute to run over and jab you.

Rawfuls

Smash Journeyman
me and malk stayed at bill and alex's fri night for 30 stock take a drink everytime you die drinking games best idea ever btw

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Ha ha. Stop bashing brawl. What a silly suggestion.
He DOES have a point. You guys make it seem like there's absolutely no skill involved in being good in Brawl.

Not liking the game and preferring Melee is fine and all. Hell, I prefer Melee over Brawl but still, dividing the community and belittling the game(and with it, people's accomplishments in said game) only frustrates people, including people who enjoy both games. Jesus christ, you guys are ridiculous.

Still, I guess trolling for the sake of trolling is fun too.

On a slightly related note though, why did you people remove buffering in Brawl+? I'm curious.

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
I <3 buffering.

Shoutouts I guess, everyone else is doing them.

First of all, good **** everyone on those crew battles, especially DUB.

Bill- thanks for hosting, our set was way too close.

Peepee- good **** in teams man, I'd like to play you in singles sometime

Stingers-" " at first I didn't recognize you because of the haircut

Zero- I'd like to play your lucario in singles again sometime when stingers isn't laying on my shoulder, I had fun in our friendlies

LDPK- your pikachu is too good bro it seems like you always eliminate me in singles, our doubles set was too good

Mits- You got me back for our singles set with that doubles set, I think it would have been a lot closer if it wasn't 3 am when we played in doubles, everyone was playing so sloppy

Greensboro- Behr has a knack for finding images on google that suit the situation, Vilt is a bro for banning DDD's standing infinite at HERB

Malk- are you giving a reward to the person that finds your runaway beard?

LoZr- I would have liked to play you at this tourney, you're too good. What are you going to do with that victory dance you recorded? DUB and I are thinking about making combo videos and it would be cool to have that in his.

PLUR- thanks bro, falcon FFA's were too fun.

Boone people- I can't really put faces to names for you guys but it was good talking to you. Doubles friendlies in the kitchen were fun.

Sorry to the people I forgot.

ptown

Smash Ace
**** that. I'd have to work my way through you, Nebs, Ali, AND LOZR? Eat ****. I'll just stick with IC.

Not to mention I know nothing about CF aside from tech-chase, tech-chase, tech-chase, knee. Or whatever. My CF is garbage. XD
that's the spirit, man.

i say stick with your plan: stick with ic chain grab.

if you got it down pat, as long as you do it stylishly, no one will know or care if they get 0-death'ed essentially from one grab. try to find re-grab setups where they have no way to escape (not even tech, di, or shaking out).

you can mix up a few up your re-grab setups and even stick in some wobbling every once in a while (just don't do that one for too many seconds cause there might some tight azz counting and ready to cry out "disqualification" somewhere).

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
The version we were playing was a standard version that had buffering removed. Personally I believe it should be kept in.
Well, me too. But I'm biased. Alot of IC's fancy-desynch stuff requires usage of the buffering system. Not to mention, I can't pivot Bthrow -> Fthrow alot of characters without it.

PLUR- thanks bro, falcon FFA's were too fun.
XD thank you. Pick Melee up! Play DK! =)

that's the spirit, man.

i say stick with your plan: stick with ic chain grab.

if you got it down pat, as long as you do it stylishly, no one will know or care if they get 0-death'ed essentially from one grab. try to find re-grab setups where they have no way to escape (not even tech, di, or shaking out).

you can mix up a few up your re-grab setups and even stick in some wobbling every once in a while (just don't do that one for too many seconds cause there might some tight azz counting and ready to cry out "disqualification" somewhere).
I'm probably the least grab-based IC you'll play against. I typically just Bair/Fair/Dsmash alot and try to do flashy desynch stuff, like dash attack to desynch Uairs. I'm working on just spacing alot more and being gayer. I only wobbled Darksyde when he was playing Jiggz in doubles. THE ***** CAN FLY! WHAT ARE YOU SUPPOSED TO DO?! D:

Dark Hart

Rejected by Azua
Could we stop bashing brawl. If you dont like it thats fine you dont have to play but it would be great if we could stop belittling a game that a lot of players like and belittling the accomplishments of those players.
... Brawl sucks. **** that game.

Unless you're DUB, that is. If you're DUB, then Brawl rocks

Dude. Quit while your behind.

Seriously.
How was he behind? I found him to be ahead. Way ahead. So ahead. Ahead like no other. I have never seen someone ahead like this before.

Not to mention, half of those 51 people like Melee more, and the other half have never played Melee. So what does your arguement prove? Nothing.

BAM SUCKAH!!!!

Brawl sucks.

Any game that has to be hacked in the first year it's out just to be really playable ****ing sucks.
This

<3 Josh

NC-Echo

Smash Lord
... Brawl sucks. **** that game.
Seriously stop. We understand you like Melee more and thats great. Personally I prefer brawl more yet I don't bash you and I continue to hold melee tournaments at my apartment when I could choose to hold just brawl which would likely make the tournaments run smoother anyway. So for my sake, a tournament organizer who hosts melee even though I dont make money at all and even though I dont play melee anymore, please just stop. I would really really love to see not a single post about melee>brawl or brawl>melee, not even one responding to my post.

*P*L*U*R*

Smash Hero
Seriously stop. We understand you like Melee more and thats great. Personally I prefer brawl more yet I don't bash you and I continue to hold melee tournaments at my apartment when I could choose to hold just brawl which would likely make the tournaments run smoother anyway. So for my sake, a tournament organizer who hosts melee even though I dont make money at all and even though I dont play melee anymore, please just stop. I would really really love to see not a single post about melee>brawl or brawl>melee, not even one responding to my post.
^this^

thank you

Pyrostormer

Smash Lord
Shoutouts?

BEHR: "I'd rather play Cooking Mama than watch this shit!" We need to chill some more bro.

Money Mike: Good shit in Melee. I wanna play you some more.

PeePee: Thanks for taking me again. Good shit as always in everything.

L0ZR: Good shit in Brawl and Melee.

Josh: I WANT TO PLAY YOU SOME MORE! I rarely get to play you one on one.

PLUR: Thank you for the Marlboros.

Lucas: Good shit in teams, we need to play again.

Ace: Ace bro, sorry I drank all your beer. Remind me to pay you next time I see you.

Ace's bro: Nice Ganon, work on your spikes.

Knorr: I havent seen you in forever! Street Fighter is way too good.

Mohr: Your Sheik is SO good. Hope to see you at HERB.

KillerSOS: You aren't that bad of a guy when I met you at the tourny, but why are you such an ass on the boards?

Flamingo: Didn't you play MetaKnight?

Omni: You gave me NO bro love, great to see you though. :(

Raggy/DUB/Fiz Crew: sucking awesome crew battle. Beautiful comeback.

Seth: Nice Wario.

Duo/Mitz: You guys are pretty chill bros.

Sorry if I forgot anyone.

This is Jim, by the way lawl.

Top Bottom