• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Recovery tier list.

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
Haha! I think you're really just posting to get some arguments in, which are irrelevant, or that some people who said of you that all you're doing is trying to increase your post count, are correct! I said,

Then you said, "Sonic says hi." Then after I posted again, you told me, "Sonic can run across FD under one second," which is funny, because that's not what the game recorded. Then, you tell me, "Did I say gimp?" Son, if you were only bringing up Sonic to tell me how fast he is, all right. We're all aware that Sonic is the fastest in this game. But that's not the correct answer. If you're going to bring up Sonic, but tell me that you only wanted to talk about how fast he was, rather than actually contributing to the discussion, like, how Sonic can gimp Pit while Pit is under the stage, then please leave this thread, because you might have answered in the wrong thread.

Ah, don't you just love Sonic players? It makes me wonder if they chose Sonic, only because Sonic's personality fits theirs. Get out of here, you bias n00b.
:laugh:

Yes, because I care about a none exsitant title. The final distination thing, search before you type your BS over the internet: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196148
I didn't bring up the gimping thing because it has been already discussed at great length in the PAST pages silly. The only reason my post count is so high is because I've had to respond to people like you :)

Ah, don't you just love Sonic players? It makes me wonder if they chose Sonic, only because Sonic's personality fits theirs. Get out of here, you bias n00b.
It seems you don't really think before you type do you? Son :laugh:

Gindler

Smash Champion
Anyway, you can't gimp a character who is under the stage, because it's not possible to hit a character who is out of your reach.QUOTE]

Oh how I love to stage spike with Ness' PKT, seeing how it's range is insane. and in most cases if they airdodge it they'll just fall to their death instead :chuckle:

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Praxis, Fox can do the reverse hyrule jump, Peach cannot. Her vertical recovery is much,much,much worse than Fox's.

But I will move her up.

Hive

Smash Lord
I vote Peach!

edit: I have been actually following the conversations, this isn't just thrown out there....
I mean except for the really really long posts, I try to summarize them >.> yea, I'm talking about you Yuna,Judge_Judy,Kitamerby :p

Onxy

Smash Lord
I vote Fox, because he isn't an annoying snob!

*is biased*

Crystanium

Smash Hero

Yes, because I care about a none exsitant title. The final distination thing, search before you type your BS over the internet: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=196148
I didn't bring up the gimping thing because it has been already discussed at great length in the PAST pages silly. The only reason my post count is so high is because I've had to respond to people like you :)

It seems you don't really think before you type do you? Son :laugh:
You shouldn't start calling me "son," my illiterate father. It's "non-existent" or "nonexistent." I understand, often times the word "existent" is (mis)spelled "existant" I don't know what "none exsitant title [sic]" you speak of, but let's get through with this, all right? I asked why Sonic was above Pit. Pit lands in Rank S. So, someone asks why Pit is in Rank S, because, you know, Pit is easily "gimped." After I say what I say to this person, you say, "Sonic says hi." Then you wander off to talk about Sonic's speed and frame rate, even though we weren't talking about frame rate or Sonic's speed.

Then, you end up saying that you "didn't bring up the gimping thing because it has been already discussed at great length," &c. But I was talking about Pit being gimped, as was the person whom I replied to. So really, son, I don't know why on earth you felt the need to tell me, "Sonic says hi," when what you said had no relevance to what I was talking about. You can talk about Sonic's speed. I don't care, and no one else around here cares, except maybe you and some Sonic players. Besides, a number of characters can run across Final Destination to get to the other side if Pit decides flying under Final Destination to get to the other side. So, either contribute to this thread or get out.

Just to quote you, "I didn't bring up the gimping thing [...]" Thanks. Are you finished now, or are you going to be talking about each characters recovery? No? Go away then. Oh, and just for the record, what I said wasn't "BS." Go and play as Sonic or Bowser and run across Final Destination. After that, quit the match so that it will be "No Contest." Check the "Ground Time," and it should say, "1 sec." Thanks again, father.

_clinton

Smash Master
That's amazing. How does one wall cling while still moving?
Perhaps I should have worded it differently...what I mean is Lucario can wall cling when his Extreme Speed is in use...I'm pretty sure you know that though...

Chis

Finally a legend
NNID
ArcadianPirate
You shouldn't start calling me "son," my illiterate father. It's "non-existent" or "nonexistent." I understand, often times the word "existent" is (mis)spelled "existant" I don't know what "none exsitant title [sic]" you speak of, but let's get through with this, all right? I asked why Sonic was above Pit. Pit lands in Rank S. So, someone asks why Pit is in Rank S, because, you know, Pit is easily "gimped." After I say what I say to this person, you say, "Sonic says hi." Then you wander off to talk about Sonic's speed and frame rate, even though we weren't talking about frame rate or Sonic's speed.

Then, you end up saying that you "didn't bring up the gimping thing because it has been already discussed at great length," &c. But I was talking about Pit being gimped, as was the person whom I replied to. So really, son, I don't know why on earth you felt the need to tell me, "Sonic says hi," when what you said had no relevance to what I was talking about. You can talk about Sonic's speed. I don't care, and no one else around here cares, except maybe you and some Sonic players. Besides, a number of characters can run across Final Destination to get to the other side if Pit decides flying under Final Destination to get to the other side. So, either contribute to this thread or get out.

Just to quote you, "I didn't bring up the gimping thing [...]" Thanks. Are you finished now, or are you going to be talking about each characters recovery? No? Go away then. Oh, and just for the record, what I said wasn't "BS." Go and play as Sonic or Bowser and run across Final Destination. After that, quit the match so that it will be "No Contest." Check the "Ground Time," and it should say, "1 sec." Thanks again, father.
I don't blame you. When I said Sonic, I was talking about no one catching Pit gliding under the stage, not gimping. I wasn't expecting a reply because I thought no one take it's seriously. :p

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
And Bowser can move across the stage in one second. I thought it was two seconds, but after checking the stats at the end, it said that Bowser's Ground Time was "1 sec." Guess what? I checked Sonic's first, and Sonic was also "1 sec." for Ground Time. Anyway, you can't gimp a character who is under the stage, because it's not possible to hit a character who is out of your reach. Sonic lacks projectiles, so it's not like he can drop from the edge and fire out some beam.
of course he can't drop and fire a beam he can drop and fire a Bair depending on where you are when you are crossing from under.

or i can try and run ahead of you and drop a spring in order to pressure you.
Depending on the stage (like BF) its not as successful in which case I can use a failling Fair. )

i don't believe pit can exactly just change which direction he is going when crossing under the stage on the fly without hampering his recovery attempt.

Why is Pit crossing under the stage?
he has 2 double jumps and a glide and his ^B. it just seems odd to give your opponent the oppurtunity to setup a ledgeguard.

pit can be gimped but by no means is it an easy task.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I thought I should add that if you use Peach Bomber on a hanging edgeguarder, it can stage spike them. And Peach's Nair will outprioritize the majority of projectiles thrown at her (e.g. Din's Fire, PK Thunder). Faster projectiles that can be fired in rapid succesion however may pose a bit more of a problem (e.g. Pit's arrows)

exidid

Smash Journeyman
I've never ever died because of Peach recovery. Avoiding gimps with Peach is very easy with her float and overall movement. Her paarasol has a very large vertical height.

Toad gives her a little bit of height and the bomber serves it's uses.

Peach's recovery is VERY good.

Gindler

Smash Champion
So does this list involve just a character ability to recover (like if they were all ALONE and now one is trying to stop them) or does it include their ability to not be gimped/spiked while they are recovering as well. As of right now it is rather hard to tell with people's arguments (hyrule jump? ha)

TP

Smash Master
I'm still skeptical about Jiggs>ROB. He might barely have a horizontale advantage but ROBs got a major Vertical one.

Does this include the fact that Jiggs is reset once grabbing a ledge?
Being able to airdodge means a whole lot when someone tries to keep you away.

Falcord

Smash Apprentice
Diddy kong should not be that low.

A good diddy is ungimpable, and his recovery rocks when used properly.

Shy Guy 86

Smash Ace
WTF, How come Falco is lower than Ness, Firebird has less startup time(?) than PK2, and travels the same distance with more control, Phantasm gives a huge horizontal recovery, and falco has better airspeed(?), I think Falco should be higher, topping D rank or bottom of C rank

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
^ Don't question Ness placement. The TC is called "PKNintendo" for a reason...

chandy

Smash Journeyman
wow, i can hardly make a single criticism about this table. It's exactly wat I wud say now. Except maybe ness should be lower than Mario becoz his pk thunder can be easily destroyed. And maybe Peach shud be higher than zss becoz of her ability to overcome ne horizontal differences with float and parasol. But that's just my opinion. Good job Pknintendo...

MysticKenji

Smash Master
Diddy kong should not be that low.

A good diddy is ungimpable, and his recovery rocks when used properly.
Name one character above Diddy that you would move below him.

I see Donkey Kong.
What about him?

And why is Lucas so high? It's pretty easy destroying his PK Thunder.
Zap Jump, Tether, Magnet Pull, 2nd Jump

WTF, How come Falco is lower than Ness, Firebird has less startup time(?) than PK2, and travels the same distance with more control, Phantasm gives a huge horizontal recovery, and falco has better airspeed(?), I think Falco should be higher, topping D rank or bottom of C rank
Firebird is crap.
But I agree that Falco should be higher than Ness.

Endless Nightmares

Smash Master
The best way to do this list is to start from the bottom up and explaining why his is worse than X and Y characters that aren't clearly better in recovery. Darting all over the list obviously isn't working. It has to work like a matchup discussion.
qft

*unsubscrizzles*

bludhoundz

Smash Ace
Name one character above Diddy that you would move below him.
Fox. I don't see how he's above Lucario or Samus, either.

His recovery is bad by no means. But EVERYTHING outprioritizes his recovery. All you need is good timing and you can hit him right back off the stage. And his firefox is versatile, but slow -> easy to get in the way of / gimp.

Samus I think should stay above Diddy.

Lucario I'm not sure about...

Diddy can cover more distance and his recovery does damage (edgehogging him isn't as easy), but Lucario can swerve his trajectory so he has a lot more options than the average character in terms of recovering. Also his 2nd jump is pretty beast. I'm undecided on this.

I think Fox needs to be moved below Diddy though.

Top Bottom