• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

My Little Pony General

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
nope, can't find it there.
I tried with Details, Options, Privacy and (PM?)

But I can't find it....
?????

It should be the first thing under Edit Options. Unless they changed something with new accounts?

As for Melee, game sucks.

qB[

It feels like I never fell asleep T_T School is gonna suuuuuck.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Because I don't think it was addressed before, I'd like to brohoof Mink for resting Big Lou twice with Puff. <3

john!

Smash Hero
funfact: melee and brawl have the same amount of hitstun.

As for Melee, game sucks.

there won't really be a debate, brawl players highly outnumber melee players in this thread. and melee vs. brawl debates were so widespread in 2008 that everyone is tired of them. and the mods will probably still close any thread that devolves into melee vs. brawl.

i will say, though, that most people who are proficient in both games prefer melee. everypony should make an effort to learn both games.

Reizilla

But Melee sucks.

I finally have a Wii to myself and possibly, possibly Wifi.

Possibly.

vZakat

Half Genie
Because of the melee/brawl debates, I stopped going to SWF for almost a year. I don't feel like having another one. I just greatly prefer melee. That's all.

:phone:

Reizilla

i'm not sure if I can counter these superior facts and logic... back to the lab!

100 cool points to the pony that takes the image of the OC pony I posted acouple of pages ago and makes it 100x100 without a background, facing right :3

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Both games are fun, but I would rather we not post giant pics that everyone has already seen a dozen times.

Just saying.

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
^ Agreed with mad.
Brawl is more fun.
Melee is too fast paced and srs business.

Either way it's just a game and i only play brawl.

Phantom Gamer

<font color="#ff00ff">pranked!</font>
Because MK is for chumps, sell outs, and genuine pre-Brawl MK fans.
And there ain't that much of the third option to begin with.
To be fair I'm a pre-brawl MK fan. Believe it or not is up to you, but I will say that before brawl came out and MK was one of the first announced new characters for brawl I was hyped for him and wanted him to be one of my commonly played characters, which he is. :awesome:

No, a vector is a graphic that maintains it's structure/resolution when resized, because it's not made out of pixels, it's made out of scalable shapes.

png/jpg/gif etc are not vectors.
Vectors are how all those absurd_res pictures on ponibooru are made.
Really? Huh, I find this interesting.

I think we should just drop the discussing before it gets out of hand.
This.

=========================
Also to note that I like both Melee and Brawl. I just play Brawl more now since I can play it on wifi.

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I really love both games but I don't see why it's so taboo to talk about them at the same time.

See now back in my day, people were so hellbent on defending their favorite. I like to think that we're mature enough to discuss our favorites without going overboard. Anyone care giving a small story on how they got into Smash?

I played 64 a lot with friends, enjoyed Melee for a bit and tried Brawl out when it was popular in my area. Tournaments were fun, but like most of my hobbies, I quit because I didn't have the money or motivation.

ph00tbag

C(ϾᶘϿ)Ͻ
Silly fillies. I even posted a picture of Celestia on that post. At least it hasn't actually started anything.

funfact: melee and brawl have the same amount of hitstun.
For the record Spelt is correct here. The distinction is that Brawl hitstun more or less has IASA frames.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jUn86Yy7-IA

Another MLP Abridged series. Very funky, and has a few dry spells in it...and only one single person VA'd everyone, so it kinda felt ugly.

However, it's still tons better than the other one. I chuckled during some parts, moreso because of the ideas rather than the delivery.
Which kinda sucks in retrospect. The execution of this one on the whole was pretty bad.

At least it had some nice music going on.

Also, I played Melee and I play Brawl.
I like Brawl better in every single way possible.

Spelt

BRoomer
BRoomer
there won't really be a debate, brawl players highly outnumber melee players in this thread. and melee vs. brawl debates were so widespread in 2008 that everyone is tired of them. and the mods will probably still close any thread that devolves into melee vs. brawl.

i will say, though, that most people who are proficient in both games prefer melee. everypony should make an effort to learn both games.
lol, what this basically said:

"this debate is dumb and i'm not going to be a part of it BUT I WILL SAY THAT ALL PROS THINK MELEE IS BETTER SO MELEE IS OBVIOUSLY BETTER AND BRAWL PLAYERS SHOULD PLAY IT INSTEAD"

Reizilla

Yeah, that's the pic, Beros.

Anybody else notice the vegan jerky in that fight stick pic? Yeah, vegans too good.

Edit: yay! Thanks, Ephy!

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
What Mink said.

Meatless jerky sounds like the best invention since the gyro bowl.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I really love both games but I don't see why it's so taboo to talk about them at the same time.

See now back in my day, people were so hellbent on defending their favorite. I like to think that we're mature enough to discuss our favorites without going overboard. Anyone care giving a small story on how they got into Smash?

I played 64 a lot with friends, enjoyed Melee for a bit and tried Brawl out when it was popular in my area. Tournaments were fun, but like most of my hobbies, I quit because I didn't have the money or motivation.
Be happy to!

First, let me take you back to a time...

A TIME! When I was not even...18:scared:

We (my friends and I in High School) played a TON of smash. Every second we hung out basically. And I, yes I was the bad one. I was the one who would spam down+b/up+b with Kirby. In melee, I picked up Link because of "Rock" (Up+B. Rock beats everything).

And then, I started dating my now wife. She was in High School with us, same class and everything. Towards the end of our Senior, her and I finally had that *click* moment. I was at her house, and I noticed she had a plethora of Nintendo systems. Including Smash. I thought, SWEET! Smash! Let's play!

My *** was THOROUGHLY handed to me. Not even close. I mean, (in melee terms) 4 stocked every game.

It wasn't, humilating or embarrassing. I just hit a point where I was tired of losing. And my darling (wife), rather than just saying YOU SUCK LOL, TUTORED me. She showed me what I was doing wrong, why I was predictable, etc. And then we discovered Smashboards.

We both embraced it (this was during Melee's prime, btw). I took the lessons of Wavedashing and L-canceling to heart, and learned how to play my new character, Ganondorf.

Elana (wife) stuck with Zelda. Not Sheik, ZELDA. She has never used anyone else (well, in serious business play). But she didn't bother with wavedashing or most advanced techs.

I don't feel like writing anymore. That sums it up though.

It's also where I got the name ODIN from. I hit random for a name gen in Melee. BAM. ODIN.

It was meant to be.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
Sounds like the American dream, to me. Well, except for the Kirby thing. Those are the worst kind of people.
Like I said, used to.

Then I actually learned how to play the game.

And to follow up with that, my friends from High School/who used to play Smash with me REFUSE to play with me.

Yeah, I became THAT OTHER GUY.:urg:The guy who is too good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom