• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MW:W Cir) Event 52: Battle to End Hunger- M2K Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phatgamer1

Smash Lord
Apparently I'm only housing 4 people tonight because Nebraska Melee players are a bunch of *****es and don't want to bro out tonight. :glare:

resTy

Smash Champion
Sorry that you gotta deal with our kids tonight. They have a 10 o'clock curfew. Tuck them in and make sure you read them stories so they fall asleep. We'll see you guys in the morn.

Smash Lord
A couple of things:

Are we setting up a stream tomorrow?

Someone (not necessarily tournament staff) should go out and buy some GC controllers and sell them at the event. As long as they are good, I think that that is a good way to make some extra cash. There's always going to be someone who wants to buy one that's in better working order. It would be cool to have one there to buy at their convenience.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
The church has internet, I just don't know how good it is.

I have a cap card, but the other streaming equipment I don't have.

Mr. Doom

Smash Hero
NNID
MrDoom8000
Ugh... It'll be a miracle if Wichita gets there on time... Most of the people here run on CPT...

dmac

Smash Champion
Dmac dmad, i wasn't intending on pissing you off. i was merely poking fun at how all of IL just johned out, just like that.
my problem with going is gas is 4 nearly 5 dollars a gallon. thats a huge ****ing deal.
nonoono dart i'm not angry at all. not at all, really! i was trying to explain why things were the way they were :( (except to arc, but that was a joke)

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Springfield crew confirmed, we are on our way and will be staying at Jace's house. We have 4 people. Me, Tempest, YBMP, and Drewbear. See you all tomorrow :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
yeah no prereg required

also if someone brings a laptop i have the equipment to stream
but unless its for melee im not giving up my vcr.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
(Lux) please make sure we got somebody out at the street to recieve TV's and equipment. I really do not want to carry a tv from that parking building all the way over.

DeLux

Ok, will work on that. There's a two hour lot immediately adjacent to the venue between 10th and 9th street as well for easier loading/unloading.

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, speaking of going to bed, I was up until 4am thinking that people were actually going to be arriving at my house. Neither car that I thought would come came. After all the preparation I did what a waste. I mad.

Iowa and St. Louis what happened?

Teh Future

Smash Master
i wonder whats happening at this?

i mean brawl of course melee is the worst game that has ever been created what a piece of ****.

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Really fun tournament. Great job running this (Lux). Had a blast. Plenty of matches recorded on my wii/sd card (Pools, Money Matches, Bracket, etc.) don`t worry. Ill get to uploading asap- probably tomorrow. I`ll get to shoutouts after I get some sleep.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
god i am out so much money, whatever i improved a **** ton thursday thru totday

DeLux

Actually, there was a HUGE money issue at the tourney. Strong Bad dug into his own pocket to more or less bail me out.

Let's just say that approximately $140 vanished into thin air. We paid out the winners though, but I'll give more details later when I'm less tired.

And I'm sorry Future. I did not come in third. I came in last. The choking

More or less, great tournament, special thanks to Dmac especially and thanks everyone for coming out. I'll make a results thread when I wake up tomorrow.

BunBun

Smash Master
Actually, there was a HUGE money issue at the tourney. Strong Bad dug into his own pocket to more or less bail me out.

Let's just say that approximately $140 vanished into thin air. We paid out the winners though, but I'll give more details later when I'm less tired.

And I'm sorry Future. I did not come in third. I came in last. The choking

More or less, great tournament, special thanks to Dmac especially and thanks everyone for coming out. I'll make a results thread when I wake up tomorrow.
Brofist to strongbad

THuGz

Smash Lord
Results thread pl0x.

Special super duper early shoutout to Bpow: you are my everything.

resTy

Smash Champion
Fun tournament. Definitely wasn't a real Event 52 but it was okay still. Was great seeing the KC Melee guys and some of the Brawl kids too. I also got to meet Arc finally. My boo :3

dmac

Smash Champion
i figured out the money problem, its 95% my fault

we had a brawl box of money and a melee box of money, and i could have sworn lux told me that the small black box was for melee

i divvy'd out the money for singles without double checking the totals that people should have gotten, wasn't thinking at all. if i did i could have easily figured it out, but .... :/

for melee singles m2k should have gotten 150 instead of 231, arc 75 instead of 115, and jace 25 instead of 38.

i didn't even bother looking at brawl money, at all cause i assumed it was just in the other box

so thats where the ~134 missing dollars went

hopefully we can get the money back to where it should go to... but yeah this is my fault i wasn't thinking :|

if people aren't willing to give up winnings ill pay out pocket

i made a huge mistake

Rockstar

Smash Ace
Recording now, ill upload later.

@Ensis huh? I always put it on top of the wii when I put mine in. I only have mine. The last time I played on your wii were in my matches against you. After that the SD card was still there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom