• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

(MW:W Cir) Event 52: Battle to End Hunger- M2K Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmac

Smash Champion
buddha always bring set ups!

theres no hype because it was never intended to be hype (at least not for melee). i didn't have time to really have anything to do with planning or to try to get people to come, so blame me if you wanna. barely anyone knows strongbad, jace or amba (hell, i dont have the ability to get people to come either) and i have no idea how hard they tried to get people to come (i honestly have no idea, they didn't really ask me much for help on it). i'm not trying to disrespect my little crew bros but they're so little and tiny, dont hate them

lux as far as i know, had nothing to do with melee and was entirely focused on brawl so dont blame him

theres other reasons too, but basically more on me not having time to teach little melee kids how to approach something like this (you dont know how many times i had to tell them that darkrain had no intentions to come to this, they just wouldn't believe it). people came to previous e-52s to play his ***, not kansas. sure, m2k is here, but hes m2k and just crushes your soul. whereas darkrain makes you love it when he beats the crap outta you. people counted too much on him coming to help generate attendance which was never at any point going to happen.

its also kansas which is 20 hours away from everyone.

but yeah, it should have never been called e-52, its a totally different tourney series

also just to be a **** to arc, arc should have beaten your ***** at smym to make you want to come, he messed up bad!

napZzz

Smash Hero
minnesota isn't coming to this :( sad faec, it looks like it'd be fun...oh well

Perfect Duck

Smash Journeyman
I had mixed feelings about calling it E52 as well. Doubtful that KC will ever have tournies that good again. We should have called it Gigabrawl 4, but that name got eshewed on account of it sounding too un-melee.

Regardless, I'm hyped. It's going to be great. I can bring 2 TV, 1 Wii, 1 Cube, 1 N64.

By the sound of it, Phatgamer's housing a lot of Melee players. My house is still available for crashing at. I'm predicting people to not realise they're too tired to drive home until midnight saturday night.

THuGz

Smash Lord
So I need a ride to this, if anyone can help. If I miss a tournament that's 3 hours away from me, I'll be very upset with Nebraska.

Smash Lord
Apparently KU locals are interested in N64 as a tournament. Can I start getting a count on possible n64 setups if we decide to run it as a $5 side event?
I has 64 + cartridge.
yeeees 64 tourney would be awesome

unfortunately I don't have the cartridge though, just the console. I'll try and hit up potts and duck and see if they can bring theirs
I don't think that potts can make it so you'd probably have to get ahold of him before Saturday.

Sage JoWii

Smash Champion
NNID
G0J0J0
>_> Idk, Nicolio said one day and I don't have anything against that. Though, maybe staying the night Sat. wouldn't be terrible, and I'm not against it, so maybe I'll ask her if she wants to, cuz I don't care, apathetic, meatbag, gear, etc.

-commits suicide over apathy-

Dart!

Smash Master
buddha always bring set ups!

theres no hype because it was never intended to be hype (at least not for melee). i didn't have time to really have anything to do with planning or to try to get people to come, so blame me if you wanna. barely anyone knows strongbad, jace or amba (hell, i dont have the ability to get people to come either) and i have no idea how hard they tried to get people to come (i honestly have no idea, they didn't really ask me much for help on it). i'm not trying to disrespect my little crew bros but they're so little and tiny, dont hate them

lux as far as i know, had nothing to do with melee and was entirely focused on brawl so dont blame him

theres other reasons too, but basically more on me not having time to teach little melee kids how to approach something like this (you dont know how many times i had to tell them that darkrain had no intentions to come to this, they just wouldn't believe it). people came to previous e-52s to play his ***, not kansas. sure, m2k is here, but hes m2k and just crushes your soul. whereas darkrain makes you love it when he beats the crap outta you. people counted too much on him coming to help generate attendance which was never at any point going to happen.

its also kansas which is 20 hours away from everyone.

but yeah, it should have never been called e-52, its a totally different tourney series

also just to be a **** to arc, arc should have beaten your ***** at smym to make you want to come, he messed up bad!
Dmac dmad, i wasn't intending on pissing you off. i was merely poking fun at how all of IL just johned out, just like that.
my problem with going is gas is 4 nearly 5 dollars a gallon. thats a huge ****ing deal.

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Parking: Remeber, there is metered parking across the street, and a two hour free lot right next to the venue. Two blocks down 10th street on New Hampshire, there's a free all day parking structure. It's located on the block between 9th and 10th street. If you have any questions, I or someone helping me run the tourney can direct you when you get to the venue.

Equipment: Please bring setups and POWERSTRIPS

Last minute housing: Let me know if you need last minute housing. There are a few slots open I'm sure.

If you're coming and our late: just call or text me: I'll can register/hold matches to a certain extent if you're going to be like 30 minutes late, especially the out of staters. If you don't let me know, I won't reserve a spot for you later.

:) See you all tomorrow

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Any fees waved for bringing setups?

I'll MM Rockstar or Thugs...I won't go Diddy? L.

DeLux

We will waive the $5 donation and consider using your TV and wii for the tournament as a donation assuming we use it.

Well, I should preface that with, I have to talk with the church people tonight. The $5 might be waived from the pot entry because I'm supposed to collect $5+ donations per person. However, that would reduce payout slightly for winners.

either way, bringing a full setup saves $5

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
you shouldn't waive fees if you're requiring a $5 donation; some people putting less in the pot than others because of setups isn't encouraged.

DeLux

It's fine, I can waive the donation fee for setups.

I know I'm being weird about it, I'm just going to have to file all kinds of paperwork post tournament to appease the non-profit end of everything. I signed a strict document with terms of use of the venue and didn't want to violate that :\

Fortunately the document rules were C&P'd from the rules above which stated that I'd waive the venue donation for setups lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom