• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mourning Pirates Present: Enter the Dragon 2/5

Duo55

Smash Ace
Brawl singles were

1. Kadaj
2.Stingers (not sure though because I left b4 gfs finished)
3. Duo
4. Stockfield
5. Vice
6. ???

0Room

Smash Lord
Brawl singles were

1. Kadaj
2.Stingers (not sure though because I left b4 gfs finished)
3. Duo
4. Stockfield
5. Vice
6. ???
Duo glad to see you're doing well still
Say hi to Mitsu for me.

Are you guys going to Pound?

Duo55

Smash Ace
Duo glad to see you're doing well still
Say hi to Mitsu for me.

Are you guys going to Pound?
of course dude, I'll let him know. Good to see your still playin smash. Lol I remember when we first met in game frog lol.

I want to go to pound but I need a ride. If anyone has an open spot let me know.

0Room

Smash Lord
of course dude, I'll let him know. Good to see your still playin smash. Lol I remember when we first met in game frog lol.

I want to go to pound but I need a ride. If anyone has an open spot let me know.
Yeah man, I wanted to talk to you but you were talking to Karn at the time
I unfortunately don't have room, but I believe there's a ride thread somewhere on the Tournament Discussion or something?

0Room

Smash Lord
Also Karn if you could post a results thread with brackets that would be infinitely useful. I have some players on here with no tags [due to them being sheik so it's understandable] but even so I need their names.

Yeah EWB is in the next video I'm uploading, with Mahone

So now I don't know who the blue team is at all.
It could be a friendly. That's why I never compete and record at the same tournament / why I record individual sets to individual files; having to separate friendlies from tournament games

0Room

Smash Lord
That could be very possible actually....And I just kinda set it up and left it.
Well I need to see a bracket/have someone tell me who it is.

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
woohoo brawl community; I think I have finally gotten all the equipment to do recording (w/o the use of save replay). I'm hoping to be able to start recording stuff at tourney's :)

p.i.

Smash Journeyman
PP it was really fun (and scary lol) playing you. You always knew where I was going to be and what I was trying to do. Trying to fight you was like trying to fight my own intuition.

H1N1, really good ICs. Don't get grabbed. I got grabbed.

Uncle, nice DK. We only played one game, next time we should play more.

Stingers... We must've played Ganondorf dittos for at least an hour lol. Really fun games.

Everyone else, good games.

Zant, if I had known you were there, I would've said hi. :-(

woohoo brawl community; I think I have finally gotten all the equipment to do recording (w/o the use of save replay). I'm hoping to be able to start recording stuff at tourney's :)
GOOD ****!

What's your youtube account?

Zant, if I had known you were there, I would've said hi. :-(
p.i., if I had known you were there, I would've said hi. :-(

fsmash.org is too good. I wish I had a working wii and my Brawl disk...

Next NC tournament I go to, I'll be recording the Brawl side

ZeldaRox!

Smash Lord
GOOD ****!

What's your youtube account?

p.i., if I had known you were there, I would've said hi. :-(

fsmash.org is too good. I wish I had a working wii and my Brawl disk...

Next NC tournament I go to, I'll be recording the Brawl side
well I have a personal one that I probably won't use.

I'm gonna create a new one; probably something like /brawldukebiweeklies or something like that

0Room

Smash Lord
Well we kinda need one
Due to issues with finding out who people are.

Because I don't think people know just off the top of their heads.

V1CE

Smash Champion
billfests never make results threads =[
boooooo in that case...

I lost to Stingers in winners semis ( Ill get you next time... :( ) and Stockfield in losers... good set man you played really well!

anyway i had fun teaming with Duo... we played pretty well for the 1st time! I am very disappointed in my placing, but I will get over it and make it a personal mission to do better next time...

Shoutouts:

Kadaj - good stuff winning man! Always good to see you and chill.

Stingers - nice set in winners and playing late at night with you was fun too after the tourney. Your ROB inspires me to get better!

Duo - Good teaming man... we shall team again and I really enjoy our talks about stuff.

Stockfield - good job beating me... im a scrub

Ben - he man great friendlies and always good seeing you

PP - I enjoyed our friendlies and our chats.

Archer, H1N1, Shady, Uncle - Was man fun chillen with you bros! GOoOoD MAaTCh

All you melee players - <3

Anyone else i missed good stuff and i <3 you all!

Uncle

Novus Ordo Seclorum
I wanted to play you more too, Ben. I wandered off to the setup Stingers was at to play him, but he lost out of the rotation there so I hopped on one of the couches to wait for a little while. I wasn't trying to sleep, but I ended up doing just that, lol. Sorry about that.

archer.

Smash Lord
This still needs a results thread. Just sayin'.

I'm disappointed in myself honestly, I should have done better in singles. But this was still a really fun time all things considered.

Also, Stingers, you really should quit playing that trashy ROB and get back to playing your real main.

:ganondorf:

archer.

Smash Lord
If you do and I go against you in tourney then we'll ditto. That way when I lose I won't feel so bad.

Steve, on the other hand... lulz

Stockfield

Smash Champion
Anyways:

Kadaj - Good games man. Had lots of fun playing you after the tourney. Get ***** by this scrub.

Stingers - I will eventually get to play you in tourney so we can get those Sonic vs Snake games lol.

Duo - So yeah I am now 0-6 against you lol. Too good man, I will win though just you wait.

Vice - I am glad we finally got to play in tourney, good set <3

Shady - Nice playing you as always, enter singles again so I can **** you.

Good **** to everyone else I played with.

Had lots of fun!!

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
this isnt like a bash at u guys. it just seems like ur community has more resources with recording things. Especially cause ur community has older members and have jobs, allowing u to buy equipment to record. And it would be nice if u guys helped. Because brawl does not have many resources.

why y'all getting so defensive?

plus im only saying this cause NC melee claims to love both communitites and want to help both communities.

but ocean is def proving that to be true, amirite :cool:?
Only true when convenient. XD

Anyway, it's a lot of recording and uploading for ONE tournament, and doing more than that is a great demand on one's time and energy. I've done both so I can personally vouch for how difficult and time consuming getting all of this done is.

On a side note I'm now (temporarily) retired from mm's.

**** you smith
It's funny, but it's also not-funny.

I've played Melee for 2 years. It's like riding a bike, once you learn it, you learn it forever. Brawl secretly doesn't ruin your tech skill as much as Melee players like to claim it does. The transition between both games is easy. Just get used to it with experience. Unless you're Mew2King

Nah... I won't sig it

Who is Sheik in this video?
anyone know?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=doPyKMkrZkw
the sheik is fiz and it's a friendly.

**** WHAT YOU HURD, NIKKAAAAAA

what a night.
LMFAOOOOO

Imo poorly run tournament. What made the Melee tournament run so slow?
Dudes picked green greens and ate for hours.

Brawl messed with my tech skill, but I guess that's me. M2K+me ****.
Maybe it's a bit character/skill specific. I play Peach/Zelda in Melee (Lucario/Marth in Brawl) so I don't need much tech skill in either game. My rarely played Melee Fox in friendlies feels on point and doesn't have too many dead frames. When you're among the top, any dead frames matter A LOT, but scrub level is more forgivable
I go rough on people online sometimes. idk why
Or maybe it's player specific. Doesn't DEHF do well in both games? At WGF he placed 2nd in Brawl and top 8 in Melee

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Maybe it's a bit character/skill specific. I play Peach/Zelda in Melee (Lucario/Marth in Brawl) so I don't need much tech skill in either game. My rarely played Melee Fox in friendlies feels on point and doesn't have too many dead frames. When you're among the top, any dead frames matter A LOT, but scrub level is more forgivable
I go rough on people online sometimes. idk why
Or maybe it's player specific. Doesn't DEHF do well in both games? At WGF he placed 2nd in Brawl and top 8 in Melee
It becomes easier to transition over time, and you can reduce that transition period(games needed to adjust) with enough play and switching of both, but it didn't change the fact that the mentality I chose to use for each game(opportunistic/approach-heavy in Melee and methodical and deliberate in Brawl) kind of conflict with each other at times.

DEHF plays extremely slowly and deliberately in Melee, barely using much tech while maintaining effectiveness. That's a style that you need to transition well between both games easily, because a tech-heavy Melee player with even a more aggro Brawl style will probably find himself taking longer to adjust to Brawl simply because of the need to decrease the focus on inputs among other things.

I don't have enough data to make a final conclusion, but M2K's data is very important since he's the best player that plays both games extremely well, so that's powerful evidence that can't be written off so quickly in my opinion.

Dublio

Smash Ace
Does the same apply to Brawl and wifi since playing wifi is sort of like playing a different game? Becoming easier to transition and having to change the way you play?

Top Bottom