• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most damaging move to bosses

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I know more than some silly Samus main. :) You main girls, lol.

Da-D-Mon-109

Smash Lord
What's wrong with maining girls? While the enemy stares at the "assets", they get free hits!

But seriously, Straked, of the two I saw you list, I only think that Snake's F-Tilt and Ness' downtilt are really usable... the other 2 take WAY too long to be able to charge up and use to kill bosses.... unless they are instant kills, tryiing to stall long enough to use those moves doesn't feel worth it.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
You Know whats funny, I still couldn't beat boss battles on intense using Rock Smash! (Tabuu)
However I used Marth and pwned intense.
Sweetspots on the tip of his blade.
Powerful sweetspot on the tip of his blade using Shield Breaker

Ange

Smash Lord
You Know whats funny, I still couldn't beat boss battles on intense using Rock Smash! (Tabuu)
Thats because Rock Smash is not effective to use all the time, mainly cause of the lag from it, which can leave you open alot.

Another good move: Kirbys bair.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Rock Smash for the win. Seriously.
Also random goodies: MK's Nair. Dedede's Uair and Dair. PK Thunders. Kirby's Hammer. Snake's Nair and Dair. Yoshi's Dair. Pretty much anything multi-hit. LOL

c3gill

Smash Ace
Charizard's Rock Smash. Ivysaur's U-Smash is pretty nice as well, if your stuck using PT might as well use it :)

As I use Lucas, his U-Smash and Nair are pretty nice, F-Smash reflects projectiles.... (and he absorbs damage, w00t)

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Why do people insist on agreeing with every post above them? We get it. Rocksmash.
Come up with some new ones.

Ange

Smash Lord
They probably just saw the title and commented. Rock Smash is already stated on the very first page, people.

We need to state more characters, the obvious ones are already mentioned.

Wolf: Bair and dair.

Lucas' usmash has alot of ending lag, so I wouldnt recommend it in terms of effectiveness.

Ange

Smash Lord
No more Rock Smash talkin'. :mad:

We should state every remaining characters best move/s for Boss Battles.

Jiggs: Dair, Bair and Fair. Since her fight takes place more or less in the air, this goes pretty darn fast.

Gameplayer209

Smash Cadet
Trophy Stand Throw
There is a problem with that though. For you to catch a boss, you must weaken it a lot. Then, after that, you must WAIT for the stand and this can take LONG. I don't think it appears in boss battles either.

Anyway, back to the topic, falcon pawnch is always fun to use, if you can get it to hit.:embarrass
Also, some meteor smashes are pretty strong, such as Mario's meteor.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I always figured it was Rock Smash...I defeated some bosses in seconds just spamming rock smash over and over

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'd have to say Meta Knight's Nair. With his speed and mutiple jumps, you can deal huge damage in only a few seconds, I beat Boss Battles Intense easy, spaming it.

FTWin

Smash Cadet
I didn't read all the posts cause im kinda tired (lol), so someone has probably already said this, but shieks upsmash is better than you'd think. it has a multihit on ground based bosses and damages pretty good.
idk about on higher levels, but from like hard mode and below, i'd say go shiek for that upsmash
And yes, Rock Smash does do GREAT, as we all know

HizoSturm

Smash Apprentice
Captain falcon Up air, jump forward air, and up air again at last second. its what i use and it works pretty well

Meccs

@Meccs_
I use a rising Lucas dair over and over (followed by nair while falling), which seems to work pretty well

Kiyuzoh

Smash Cadet
Luigi can't go wrong with nearly ANY of his aerials, really. If you want to kill Petey Piranha without taking any damage or actually trying, just spam fireballs a far enough distance away and run whenever he jumps.

Also, his up-angled forward-smash works wonders against ground-based bosses, but only if you know their moves to the point where you can predict them perfectly. I usually just use rising tornado to down/back/up airs, and fall back down with a neutral air against Tabuu, or at least whenever I can get a hit in on him.

All in all, if you can predict well and spam B fast enough to tornado when hit away by Duon (he's very hard to fight as Luigi), you should be able to beat Boss Battles on Intense.

As for Ganondorf, just thunderstorm (auto-canceled down-air over and over for massive damage), and down-B away whenever something bad is about to happen. (Master/Crazy Hand about to grab you, as an example.) No matter how much you want to, do NOT go for a Warlock Punch; it's just not worth it.

In the air, you can up-air and back-air. Over, and over, and over again. But, throw in a down-air every chance you get for some much-needed damage. Besides that, just don't screw up, predict well, and hope to God that Porky dies as quickly as possible. Ganondorf was a pain; I don't really recommend him for Boss Battles on Intense.

For the record, I have beaten Boss Battles on Intense with these two, so don't just flat-out say it's impossible, because I'm living proof that it is. =P

Jimnymebob

Smash Champion
NNID
Jimnymebob
Kirby and Jigglypuff are great characters against Petey, as their aerials, and certain specials combined with jumps allows them to get a lot of hits on him, and allows them to get out of the way of all his attacks.

The space animals lasers are also great moves against the not as mobile bosses.

Top Bottom