• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Most damaging move to bosses

codefelp

Smash Cadet
Rock Smash is definitely the most powerful. Meta Knight's Nair is probably the best move to use however.

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
Rock smash is most likely the best move.

My preference (as a character vs. bosses) would be snake though. Lay a mine and a C4 (for bosses that don't fly..) on the side of the stage you start on. Snake's aerials and tilts are good. And when the boss is in "idle" mode, a charged (or uncharged) RPG does wonders of damage. His recovery is more then enough to keep you alive against bosses. Seriously, you're not gonna get gimped by bosses.

Something that surprisingly has failed to be mentioned is marth's counter. if you are able to predict the bosses moves, marth is the best character. as mentioned several times in this thread, his tippered aerials/smashes are no joke when it comes to damage. his recovery isn't that great though. but hey, if you're getting knocked off the stage a lot, you probably can't predict the bosses moves very well.

ShadowFlygon

Smash Rookie
I just plain like Kirby's hammer (aerial, ground one is too slow imo) and one of Pika's aerials. Think it was Nair.

Darkrai Lv.1000

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
1934-0668-8939
IMO Charizard's Rock Smash.

You can kill the hands in Boss Battles mode (Intense) in about 2-4 hits with it. Plus I've beaten Boss Battles on Intense with Charizard thnx to that move.

Ike's Counter should be pretty good if you time it right.

bionicdroid

Smash Cadet
IMO Charizard's Rock Smash.

You can kill the hands in Boss Battles mode (Intense) in about 2-4 hits with it. Plus I've beaten Boss Battles on Intense with Charizard thnx to that move.

Ike's Counter should be pretty good if you time it right.
I agree rock smash is a beastly attack. It completely demolishes the hands and does considerable damage to the rest.

Pez55

Smash Apprentice
Attacks like link's d-air, Zelda's aerials, and yoshi's d-air

Chileno4Live

Smash Ace
NNID
Xyronith
3DS FC
0731-5336-4808
Èver tried Samus or Lucario charged balls? It does a whole load of damage. But yeah, Yoshi's Dair and Charizard's Rock Smash does alot aswell. The last 1 is the best tho.

V

Smash Ace
I would have to go with Pit in general. Has several multi hit moves to rack up damage. (Nair, Uair, Side b).
Bair is a beast too. His arrows actually do a lot of damage for a projectile. And he has his Down B shield to stop projectiles. And he's good once you get to Tabuu. he doesn't have rock smash or anything, but he definetely is the most versatile character for boss battles.

arch knight

Smash Lord
i would say anyone who has sweetspots or multi hit moves are the most damaging Ness for sure his Bair PKs and Fair are monsters to both players and Cpus

Ikenomon

Smash Apprentice
The most damaging move to Bosses could be when you are Fox and use his reflector to reflect projectiles generated from the Bosses like Rayquaza's energy ball. Bosses that release a huge amount of projectiles especially Duon's missiles and Ridley's fire balls give massive damage. Some moves that inflect a reasonable amount of damage could be Charizard's over B, Marth and Ike's counters, and Warlock Punch.

ISMFOF

Smash Cadet
i agree with the above post ^^^

but i think foxis the best for his reflector Fair Dair Bair and B-gun. also when versing master hand or crazy hand, when they stay at the top of the screen in a fist getting ready to smash down and make a small explosion its good to use Up-B then hold down so you hit the hand in the air while its charging then the hand smashes and you fly into him and dish out some firey pain!

LuVr

Smash Apprentice
I like Charizard's Rock Smash. it works quite well... also you can loop lucas's PK thunder that works as well. I use Metaknight mostly because he can fly and use his neutral air to repetitively use his attacks while having the speed to dogde attacks... the only real big downfall is his lightness.. he can get hit by a boss and die easier than other characters

Nanaki

Smash Lord
Lucario dair racks up damage pretty quickly. Double team is helpful if you're good at timing it, and he gets super beastly when you get some damage piled on.

SmashBrosForce

Smash Ace
Charizard's Rock Smash probably is the Best move.

DeDeDe's Bair is awesome.

Cap. Falcon's Fair is too Good.

Lucario's Dair can Rack up a lot of Damage.

DivineBlade

Smash Apprentice
You can't go wrong with Charizard's Rock Smash attack. I mean it's THE MOVE to use in Boss Battle. It's how beat Intense mode and acquired the Galleom Tank Form trophy, which I'm pretty sure 70% of us have done. IMO this move proves Charizard's worth if anyone discriminates against him as a lousy character.

Moonfelar

Smash Rookie
i did boss battles on intese using peach with side special combined with floating. it worked REALLY well. because peach was above most atacks and when the side special conects it replenishins your floating. also the damage from atacks spammed are NOT reduced in boss battles.

TheDarion

Smash Rookie
The genera; consensus is that Rock smash and MK's Nair are superior. I personally prefer to use marth's counter, as someone had mentioned already. If you time it right, combined with sweetspotting, it can be easy to win.

Lustar

Smash Cadet
I'll say that Charizard's Rock Smash is the most damaging move. Also on intense mode, Fox's reflector can reflect Duon's missiles and Meta Ridley's fire balls to give massive damage too.

Aus0115

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Aus0116
You can't go wrong with Charizard's Rock Smash attack. I mean it's THE MOVE to use in Boss Battle. It's how beat Intense mode and acquired the Galleom Tank Form trophy, which I'm pretty sure 70% of us have done. IMO this move proves Charizard's worth if anyone discriminates against him as a lousy character.
thats how i beat boss battles on intense as well

UberMario

Smash Master
Yoshi's down A does 40% each time if all the kicks connect.

And I used Mario and Yoshi to get all the trophies on Intense.

Top Bottom