• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Morph Ball Bomb Discussion

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I think I did one after buffering dashes coupla' times. I managed to slide(not sure if it was as far as my grab range), then do a grab out of it. I must admit it looks pretty hawt.
ok good!!!!!!!!!!! So you know im not lying, right!?!?!?!?!?And dont worry if you didnt slide as far as a standing grab, the fact that you slide shows that YOU CAN DO IT!!!!!

it may one of those FRAME perfect kind of things.

Xyro77

this makes me mad

i guess ill wait anxiously for that vid
bimz, relax. I cant do it on command either. IMO its luck that i even found it out. Just please work on it for a bit. Samus has NO grab release or footstools. WE NEED TO FIND SOMETHING OUT WITH HER

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
interesting that you used the numbers of a keypad as opposed to the numbers on a clock which would make a little more sense...

Serris

ლ(ಠ益ಠლ)
NNID
Herple-Derples
3DS FC
5043-4507-3351
POLL: What should we name Xyro's new bomb technique?

• Super Wavedash
  • Boost Ball
  • Bomb-sliding
  • HADOUKEN

I vote the last one, only because of this:

I vote HADOUKEN for the simple thought of how awesome shooting a fully charged shot out of this would be.

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
lets call it nade spamming, or laserlocking, just to intimidate non samus mains when we talk about her

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
First off, is this harder to perform than DACUS on Sheik? Because I can do that with 100% accuracy (when doing it left to right, it's like 70% right to left, shhh)

Secondly, can someone post a vid of this, even if it's not a full grab length dash? I don't want to waste my time, not meaning to be offensive or detrimental to this study, but come on, I'm allowed to be skeptical.

Finally, if this happens to be true, it should be called the Hadouken. I immediately thought of Ismar's idea when I heard Lance talking about numbers but thought nothing to it since.... do we even know if this tech is real?

i don't want the Samus boards having our own version of SaviorsLegacy on the Sheik boards, mind you.

Throwback

Smash Lord
interesting that you used the numbers of a keypad as opposed to the numbers on a clock which would make a little more sense...
not really...if 2 is down, then 214 is a quarter-circle with the stick (a hadouken, yes?). I assume rohins thought the input was down, left, right (or down, right, left), which would give 264 or 246.

As someone pointed out, pushing the stick to 2 on a clock would make you jump.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Two for Boost Ball, two for Hadouken.

THE PLOT THICKENS.
Finally, if this happens to be true, it should be called the Hadouken. I immediately thought of Ismar's idea when I heard Lance talking about numbers.
3Hadoukens1BoostBall1BlueBalls

n00b

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
peasantstat.us
3DS FC
1693-1292-7210
i couldn't get it to work

we need phanna up in this *****

Xyro77

First off, is this harder to perform than DACUS on Sheik? Because I can do that with 100% accuracy (when doing it left to right, it's like 70% right to left, shhh)

Secondly, can someone post a vid of this, even if it's not a full grab length dash? I don't want to waste my time, not meaning to be offensive or detrimental to this study, but come on, I'm allowed to be skeptical.

Finally, if this happens to be true, it should be called the Hadouken. I immediately thought of Ismar's idea when I heard Lance talking about numbers but thought nothing to it since.... do we even know if this tech is real?

i don't want the Samus boards having our own version of SaviorsLegacy on the Sheik boards, mind you.
It is harder to do than sheik's DACUS. Ismar and me and the only ones who have done it. It HAS to a deal where you NEED to be frame perfect.

SaviorsLegacy's little trick he found out with shiek and pika WORK WONDERS. It just doesnt zero to death people. His stuff is legit.

I changed my mind about the name of this tech. HADOUKEN sounds good ONLY if charg shot was the ONLY thing you could do out of it. But its not. I recommend(and vote) for boost ball. It makes the most sense and it rolls out the mouth better.

Talk to ismar when im not here, he(or she?) has done it.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I find it hard to believe that Xyro has done anything amazing. Heck, I'd find it hard to believe that Xyro has ever done anything of actual merit.

But more importantly then anything Xyro could possible say; Hey Cherry! Do you know Aish? Alberta Pit player? If so tell her I said "Hi!"! She'll know what I mean.

Xyro77

well i did find something and ismar confirmed it.

and i am pretty much the ONLY samus DOING anything in tourney so............

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I would say "the last horse has finally crossed the finish line", but you and Sauna are both fighting to not be the last Samus player to realize she should never be used in a tournament setting. ^_^

Xyro77

rohins (12:16:09 AM): you figure out that quarter circle slide thing?
Xyro77 (12:20:08 AM): yea i found it out
Xyro77 (12:20:19 AM): i can do it off and on
rohins (12:20:22 AM): yeah I know, I woreded it wrong
rohins (12:20:25 AM): yeah that's what I meant to ask
rohins (12:20:28 AM): was if you had it down
Xyro77 (12:20:34 AM): no i dont have it down
Xyro77 (12:21:01 AM): it HAS to b frame perfect/buffered because i cant find out a 100% perfect way of doing it
Xyro77 (12:21:05 AM): ismar did it too, btw
Xyro77 (12:21:12 AM): though hers didnt slide as far as i did
rohins (12:21:23 AM): I did it but I didn't get a full grab length
rohins (12:21:25 AM): I got like half one
Xyro77 (12:21:31 AM): see
Xyro77 (12:21:32 AM): her too
Xyro77 (12:21:33 AM): now
Xyro77 (12:21:39 AM): would you please go post what you did
Xyro77 (12:21:43 AM): so others will beleive me
rohins (12:22:28 AM): yeah def

SWEET! so rohins AND ismar did it. THIS IS GREAT!!!!!

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
ironically my gf has been gone fore nearly a month, she gets back on the 12th
How is that iron- Oh I see what you did there.
I find it hard to believe that Xyro has done anything amazing. Heck, I'd find it hard to believe that Xyro has ever done anything of actual merit.
I used to think like you. Then I saw that Xyro is a pretty cool guy.
It is harder to do than sheik's DACUS. Ismar and me and the only ones who have done it. It HAS to a deal where you NEED to be frame perfect.

SaviorsLegacy's little trick he found out with shiek and pika WORK WONDERS. It just doesnt zero to death people. His stuff is legit.

I changed my mind about the name of this tech. HADOUKEN sounds good ONLY if charg shot was the ONLY thing you could do out of it. But its not. I recommend(and vote) for boost ball. It makes the most sense and it rolls out the mouth better.

Talk to ismar when im not here, he(or she?) has done it.
rohins (12:16:09 AM): you figure out that quarter circle slide thing?
Xyro77 (12:20:08 AM): yea i found it out
Xyro77 (12:20:19 AM): i can do it off and on
rohins (12:20:22 AM): yeah I know, I woreded it wrong
rohins (12:20:25 AM): yeah that's what I meant to ask
rohins (12:20:28 AM): was if you had it down
Xyro77 (12:20:34 AM): no i dont have it down
Xyro77 (12:21:01 AM): it HAS to b frame perfect/buffered because i cant find out a 100% perfect way of doing it
Xyro77 (12:21:05 AM): ismar did it too, btw
Xyro77 (12:21:12 AM): though hers didnt slide as far as i did
rohins (12:21:23 AM): I did it but I didn't get a full grab length
rohins (12:21:25 AM): I got like half one
Xyro77 (12:21:31 AM): see
Xyro77 (12:21:32 AM): her too
Xyro77 (12:21:33 AM): now
Xyro77 (12:21:39 AM): would you please go post what you did
Xyro77 (12:21:43 AM): so others will beleive me
rohins (12:22:28 AM): yeah def

SWEET! so rohins AND ismar did it. THIS IS GREAT!!!!!
I lol'd.

And the Morph Ball Cancel doesn't sound half bad. I like it better than Boost Ball because it fits better, to me at least.

Hive

Smash Lord
and i am pretty much the ONLY samus DOING anything in tourney so............
what are you talking about? me and tudor have both been attending tourneys like regularly....

edit: I'm really working on getting this to work btw, I'll figure out something :)

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
When you do the hadoken opposite your facing, Samus will pivot out of the MBB, but can't run backwards.

That alone can be useful though.
My bad on replying really late, my 264 should have been 2364. To run backwards you quarter circle forward and then "dash dance" backward as soon as possible. To break it down:

1. Crouch cancels the landing lag from morph ball
2. Dashing forward cancels crouch
3. Dashing backwards cancels dashing forward

The reason you were unable to run backwards from morph ball is because:

You can't cancel a crouch by dashing backwards.

Cherry64

Smash Master
NNID
Willzasarus
Switch FC
SW-2905-1228-1895
rohins, do you like know everything there is to know about samus or what buddy LOL?

and don't insult Xyro brah, he helps out a lot round here, and he's (holyF***ingS*** changed!) nicer now which helps a lot. And to answer your question no I haven't unfortunately :(

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Xyro is Xyro right? So therefore Xyro before is the same Xyro now. Also he smells.

And darn, (on not knowing Aish), oh well.

Throwback

Smash Lord
I've been trying to do the tech but haven't had any luck so far. I've been trying to do it with & without pressing grab, since Xyro's post isn't clear whether or not grab is needed. Can you clarify Xyro?

Xyro77

I've been trying to do the tech but haven't had any luck so far. I've been trying to do it with & without pressing grab, since Xyro's post isn't clear whether or not grab is needed. Can you clarify Xyro?
Each post of mine about this tech is very clear.

drop a bomb........
right as you touch the ground....
buffer a HADOUKEN.....
and just watch

YOU SHOULD slide ABOUT the length of your standing grab range. ismar and rohins did it but they only go thalf the range.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
Are you sure she's not sprinting rather than sliding?

I've been doing the MBB -> Hadoken for a while, and all she does is sprint, not slide. It looks like sliding with a hyphen smash though

Xyro77

I've been doing the MBB -> Hadoken for a while, and all she does is sprint, not slide. It looks like sliding with a hyphen smash though
then you are not doing it. you are just sprinting.

NO-IDea

Smash Lord
People saying things doesn't confirm it. Can we get a vid please? Just leave the camera on for like an hour and edit it to the part where you pull it off. lol

Doesn't have to be full grab length. Half is fine. It seems people have been pulling that off alright.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

If you do a dash then you're doing it wrong. Buffering a dash seems to have its uses, though.

@NOID - I'm trying to get a replay since I don't have a recorder. Kinda hard getting it within 3 minutes.

Top Bottom