• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MLG Raleigh Results - August 27th-29th - Full Results and Brackets Up!

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
~ADHD

K so, we were disqualified because MasterDave was told to play his match out when he was to pick us up DESPITE alphazealot knowing he was our ride and that we would be disqualified if he had done so. I'm so glad the disqualifications saved so much time, because the tournament only ended an hour earlier based on the schedule! Alphazealot, big man. Get ***** by East Coast more often, plz.

I spend 233 motha ****ing dollars to get here, and this **** happens. We had constantly been updating our status by phone and that we were fully trying to get there as fast as possible and on the way, despite there being yesterday, a player for no reason warranted whatsoever a delay for the SAME amount of time. I don't get it, I really don't. No reason in the world can convince me that the reasoning was actually justified other than making their ***** feel bigger.

90 players had a free bracket to winners, despite being mediocre. Cheese is SO average, and a dirty as hell player. MLG is FAIL.

Btw, I lost to atomsk. Game 1 I messed up when I shouldn't have, but game 2 was close and he won legit.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Good stuff from Felix and Lee Martin.

M2K wins again, no surprises there.

Lol@massDQ

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
No I don't

I just read AZ's explanation and it seemed to make sense

My question is why was izumi even at the venue without you guys, why didn't you come along with him originally

Edit: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=11067904&postcount=878

That is my understanding of everything, you all can tell me how true/untrue it is and i'll totally eat my shorts if I'm just an idiot and such
The answer is, he was i nlosers, we weren't he left at 10 am to play his losers bracket, WAS SUPPOSED TO pick us up at 1 pm like I was told the night before so I woke up at 12:23, me kinda not worrying because I thought he was going to come did not come till 2:30, for unknown reasons, apparently he was 'chilling' around MLG Free stuff from a reliable source so w-e he technically could be to blame but I heard also that AZ hold him into getting us, AZ is good at doing **** his ways. It's over, it's whatever. We're currently playing just so we don't miss doubles this time, we are coming in an hour.

-Ally

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Meh sounds like the whole thing could've been avoided. It's really disappointing. So I can understand why you guys are mad now because you basically had no say in the matter.

Sorry for lashing out

Good luck out there today guys

Vinnie

Smash Master

Good **** MLG, because I've DEFINITELY never been to an MLG event before. Who the hell is Vinnie? Probably a nobody, give him 121st seed -_-.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I think they've pretty much proven the reporters make a kazillion errors lol

For example: Nick Riddle uses Samus

I have 15 mins so i'm looking up more

"14th seed Fatal (Snake) defeats 13th seed CO18 (King Dedede) 2-1. CO18 is especially good against Snake, with multiple wins against Ally, but this time around he was unable to pull off the win."

When did co18 beat ally?

Also, sky is the luckiest player alive, getting back to back top player seeds on DQ

"50th seed xzaz"

Also why did doom use zss, ???

etecoon

Smash Hero
good **** fatal, bizkit, and bloodcross!

lmao at the mass DQ's, most ****ed up losers bracket ever

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
Meh sounds like the whole thing could've been avoided. It's really disappointing. So I can understand why you guys are mad now because you basically had no say in the matter.

Sorry for lashing out

Good luck out there today guys
We might get dq'd again for walking around the venue, and breathing. Your wishes of luck are also disqualified under juristiction of Alphazealot.

Rybaia

Smash Journeyman
"14th seed Fatal (Snake) defeats 13th seed CO18 (King Dedede) 2-1. CO18 is especially good against Snake, with multiple wins against Ally, but this time around he was unable to pull off the win."

When did co18 beat ally?
Winterfest?

Vinnie

Smash Master
I think they've pretty much proven the reporters make a kazillion errors lol
the problem is, this time it wasn't the reporters... it was the seeders... I went to Raleigh (got bracket ****ed there, got 49th for losing to Tearbear ROUND 1, and Fatal).

When did co18 beat ally?
He has beaten him at least 1 time from what I remember, so they aren't incorrect there.

Also, sky is the luckiest player alive, getting back to back top player seeds on DQ
You can't exactly blame it on Sky` lol. But yeah that didn't work out too great.

Also why did doom use zss, ???
Doom has the 5th best ZSS in the country.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
not really, beat CO18 in 3 MMS lol at Apex, once at MLG columbus too so did he

+3 for me + 1 from columbus = 4.

CO18 beat me at WF, +1
at columbus +1
at genesis +1

so... IM 4-3 YEAH EAT IT LOOL

<3 co I MIGHT be wrong though about score, on his side atleast

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
No you cant lol, he is just the most fortunate player alive heh

They did note co had multiple wins on ally, maybe i just havent been paying enough attention.

Vinnie keep it up dawg mlg dc get ready, lets make sure atl north dominates

Kel

Smash Master
Lol ****, this guy Kel asking me for tips at Apex and telling me he's not very good, then getting 10th at Raleigh?
****. I hope he actually improved and didn't just have a free ride though!
<3 I asked you for tips because I know you're amazing at the MK ditto and I'm TERRIBLE at it. Thanks though.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I gave Izumi explicit instructions to get those guys to order a cab. Atomsk even said they were told this. Izumi stayed because if he left HE would likely have been DQd instead of them.

Its very simple; round started right on time at 2:30. I told everyone on Friday to get there at 2:00pm. I also posted a schedule on Saturday around 10-11AM that said get there 30 minutes before start time to be safe (aka 2:00PM). Their group didn't arrive until 3:00PM.

I have little sympathy in this situation because I gave explicit instructions in how not to get themselves DQ an HOUR before their match was scheduled to start (aka order a cab). I was told numerous times they were only "10 minutes from the venue". We are in downtown Raleigh, and anyone who lives in a city can tell you if you order a cab it'll be there within 20 minutes if you tell them you need it ASAP (probably faster actually). +10 = they would have been there a HALF hour early if they just followed my instructions (in other words even if the cab was late it would have to be a half hour late + the ~20 extra minutes they had before they were finally DQ'd completely).

The burden of getting them should not have been placed on Izumi considering he had to play a match at 2:00PM and Ally/ADHD/etc match was scheduled at 2:30PM.

Btw, M2K showed up over 3 hours before his match time. As did many other pros. Taking such a huge risk is ultimately irresponsible.

Mr-R

Smash Champion
pretty weird results aside from the top 2
that DQ had probably alot to do with that >.<

Count

Smash Champion
The only thing I messed up on as a reporter is I said Vinnie hadn't been to an MLG event before. Either way, he didn't have any seeding points.

Our blogger probably made a typo about Nick Riddle or something, don't act like the blog wasn't constantly updated with lots of good, relevant information yesterday :/

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
It was totally count, tye match detail and description was really great. They've been prone to errors before but im still happy with the job they've been doing reporting. Just ignore the errors, there is so much going on, was my point

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Can i get some conformation on what Matchup Tyrant and Lee Martin played in winners?

Lucario v MK?
MK Dittos?

Jem.

Smash Master
I figure I should post here, since I was the only one in the whole world who spoke with confidence that Felix would place top 5 this tournament.

Hopefully you guys will FINALLY stop underrating him. second national tournament and he gets 3rd and plays M2K close. Not sure if he ran out of energy vs Lee or if he was just satisfied knowing win or lose he gets $1000 + $200 for stipend now.

But regardless.. JEM CALLED IT STOP THINKING HES NOT AS GOOD AS ADHD!

ksizl4life

Smash Hero
Since I've played him and watching him play shadow and his orlando matches, i thought he was on wyatts level. however i didnt think hed place top 3. kudos to him.

whoever is underrating him probably hasnt even watched him play in person.

skaterbaj

Smash Lord
Im glad Felix did well.Now you gotta place top 5 jem :p

Dallas will be interesting.Hopefully No one will be late that time around

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
3 mks in the top 4 and 5 in the top 10.

I LOVE IT.
Because it's not like all those MKs are amazing players. It's just their character. All the other MKs that didn't place must have hit pause or something.

And the best character in that game took five of top ten...isn't that...expected?

Top Bottom