• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Jem.

Smash Master
Just saw Harry Potter. Pretty sick!! Too bad since the movie is 2.5 hours I had to pee really bad halfway through, but I sucked it up (not literally)

Donkey Kong Country Returns tomorrow.. HYPE! Since I pre-ordered it, I get the banana pouch that you can put a banana in or a Wiimote. Maybe I'll give it to Felix.

Let's go Seahawksss!

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Donkey Kong Country..
Gooood memories. I used to play that a lot with my dad. =D

etecoon

Smash Hero
jem doing the same thing as me today : ) just started playing, nintendo can eat a **** for making me temporarily uninstall my hacks, amazing anti-piracy ******* it will take me all of 20 minutes to get my textures and **** back on there -_- but otherwise it's fun so far

pats vs colts later!

Jem.

Smash Master
You know you don't have to uninstall right?

Just load the game through Gecko and it works.

But worddd =) I wake up early every Sunday just so I can watch the 10 AM games too. I'm a huge NFL nerd =) weird combo, video game fanatic and NFL. but it happened!!

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Jem how can you be a bro and a nerd? Do you change out of your popped collar shirt before tournys? Lol I kid.

Idk what it is with men and sports. I'm not a fan. :/ I always work sundays at my job because I'm the only girl, and everyone else needs to be off for football. Lol.

Virtual Kruncher

Smash Journeyman
You know you don't have to uninstall right?

Just load the game through Gecko and it works.

But worddd =) I wake up early every Sunday just so I can watch the 10 AM games too. I'm a huge NFL nerd =) weird combo, video game fanatic and NFL. but it happened!!
Snowing there too? Got out of church at 11 and it started snowing right when I left.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Just got DKCR

So hyped.

From what I've played already, it's super good and I love the graphics. Also, my banana pouch is the ****.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
DKCR sounds amazing... Maybe I'll save some money and buy one for myself.

and I use to watch tennis and voleyball matches :awesome:

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
How is the music in the new DK game? The SNES ones had amazing songs, I hope they had same guy compose it.

etecoon

Smash Hero
nope, david wise is an in house composer with rare so that wasn't going to happen. it's kenji yamamoto(guy who did metroid prime). most of the new music isn't that memorable but a lot of the soundtrack is just DKC1 remixed, it's kinda entertaining at times because it's like donkey kong country: metroid prime edition but it works. like one of the beach levels is reminiscent of torvus bog with the portamento sine wave lol

overall it's good but it uses a ton of stuff you've already heard before

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
if it ain't david wise; I ain't buying.

he's the only reason why DKC2 is my favorite game of all time

Jem.

Smash Master
I just finished World 4 and it's way better than DKC 1-3, trust me. The music probably isn't as good as 2's. Aquatic Ambiance also had a pretty bad remix in the second world, you could hardly tell it was Aquatic Ambiance. But theres some original tracks I like, and I'm not finding myself disgusted at the music or anything.

Gameplay wise, easily better than all the other three DKC's.

etecoon

Smash Hero
I wouldn't say easily but I do think the level design is superior, it does have a major flaw in that it has roll mapped to waggle which has to be one of the most idiotic gameplay decisions ever

etecoon

Smash Hero
the music is mostly recycled from DKC1, it's definitely worse than DKC2's soundtrack but it works well enough

DKC2 has the best soundtrack of any platformer, I don't see that changing any time soon

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I find it funny how you guys are unaware that people have their own opinions

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
if it ain't david wise; I ain't buying.

he's the only reason why DKC2 is my favorite game of all time
this. Also, no Kremlings or King K. Rool = auto fail. Correct me if im wrong but he isn't in it? :(
no love for scale-ies </3

I find this pretty hard to believe.
Also this. Don't you have to shake the wiimote too for some parts? **** that yo that's for causals! :lick:

Donkey Kong makes an annoying noise when he jumps. The level design seemed very nice and fresh, a little disappointing they remixed DKC only, Those songs are iconic and classic but they're actually the weakest link of the triliogy. I wish Dixie was playable she's my favorite. I donno I still may get it I think my boyfriend use to play DKC when he was a kid he may want to play. Co-op seemed nice but I dislike how they let you take 2 hits instead of one and you play at the same time. It still looked okay. I'll probly just go back to replaying DKC 1-3. I need to beat them again because my old wii broke and i had it on virtual console before homeb- *gets shot*

Jem.

Smash Master
This game is way harder than all the other three DKC's. The rolling isn't that bad. You can play Nunchuck + Wiimote forward (up) or wiimote on the side. it's commonly known wiimote on the side makes for awkward rolling. I've gotten used to it though. The level design is amazing and keeps blowing me away, and collect all the Kong letters is pretty tough too. (Especially the ones where if you miss it, you need to die and try again cause you can't go back due to the level changing or the enemy not respawning)

I've gotten all the Kong letters in world 2, 4, 5, 6. Need to beat 7 and 8 and collect the Kong for 1 3 7 8 then do all the K levels then do the Golden Temple level =). Not gonna watch it online cause I don't wanna spoil it for myself!!!

@ Kassandra and Affinity - I am serious!! The gameplay alone and level design makes this game better than all the 3 other DKC's for me. And this is from a hardcore DKC2 fan. The music is probably better in DKC2, I won't lie. But this soundtrack is pleasing, has some classic tracks that are like ohhh yeah i remember this!!! And it has new good ones. The Rambi levels are awesome too, way better than any other animal buddy level. The mine cart levels are amazing too.

The bosses are probably the best in the series too. A few are gimmicky or just jump on them, but theres a mine cart boss level and a couple other neat ones =)

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
ya i starved myself so i can eat without ruining mai weight. Turkey wont be ready until the late afternoon though

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Starved? lol! Why didn't I think of that! @_@
Oh well, I'm not worried about my weight, but I am worried about everyone eating all of my favorite parts of the turkey first. >_<

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
I have no phone and no ride to my aunt's house. Looks like I'm spending Thanksgiving alone with a bowl of oatmeal...

Daria: "Could they make the holidays any more vulgar?"
Jane: "I hope so."
Daria: "What?"
Jane: "The more debased they become, the less reason there is to celebrate them, that means the less reason for my family to get together, until PRESTO! I'm finally alone on Thanksgiving with a t.v dinner."
Daria: "Sometimes I wonder if you're too cynical, even for me."
Jane: "Really? You think?"
Daria: "No, I was being sarcastic."

I kinda feel like Jane right now.

Top Bottom