• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

Gates

Banned via Warnings
i think nes zelda fails so hard. man i guess games were just so ****ing ****ty back then a peice of vomit like that game appeased every1 i got it on virtual console before i got homebrew they shot u on map and u dont know where to go its terrible
People are still impressed by it today because it was the first game ever to have a large open world to explore and also the first one with a save system. However, the gameplay doesn't hold up in modern times at all. It's kind of like how everyone considers Pong an incredible revolutionary thing since it was the first video game to have its own home console but in actuality it's just a really simplistic, really bad game.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
canon means like true storyline. Spin offs or stuff that isn't mainstream aren't canon. Kinda like zelda 2 or metal gear: snake's revenge. What happened in those games didn't affect the real storyline, it was like they didnt happen.
ohohoh thanks
link pls

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
People are still impressed by it today because it was the first game ever to have a large open world to explore and also the first one with a save system. However, the gameplay doesn't hold up in modern times at all. It's kind of like how everyone considers Pong an incredible revolutionary thing since it was the first video game to have its own home console but in actuality it's just a really simplistic, really bad game.
oh yeah your right i never thought about the first save system. Yeah that is pretty revolutionary. But the open world is too open and kinda empty. I played it at my friends house when i was a child and NES was the **** and it didn't impress me, i just kept getting lost/ not knowing what the hell to do. And yeah "simplistic really bad game" im glad someone sees it like i do.

Another game i think sucks or didn't age well is Sonic 1. It was amazing for its time but i think its pretty bad compared to sonic 2, 3 and knuckles. Sonic is based on speed but when you think about it Sonic 1 is probably the slowest sonic game. Green Hill Zone was legit, all the other levels were really slow (Labyrinth zone anyone?) Also i thought the music sucked minus green hill zone and scrap brain zone (they must agree with me because those are the only two that made it into brawl lol)

ppl always freak out when i say sonic 1 is trash now, but its how i feel.

oh and this doesnt help

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C5Hf2rimXGY

yes i had to "go to fast and die" 'thing happen to me before when i was a kid, i actually got a game over because of it... it was like first or second time i played the game i was only 6 and it scared the hell out of me haha

edit: the "illegal instruction" glitch on labyrinth either only happens on roms or certain versions of game because i tried that many times and it never crashed my system

edit 2: holy hell @ the final boss glitch. what if that happens on your last life then ur ****ed because of time limit what a terrible game

edit 3: the "sonic jumps too far" isnt a glitch thats the player being ******** and commiting suicide lol

Gates

Banned via Warnings
But the open world is too open and kinda empty.
What did you expect. It's the NES, the system with the processing power of a modern-day graphing calculator.

I played it at my friends house when i was a child and NES was the **** and it didn't impress me, i just kept getting lost/ not knowing what the hell to do.
This is a problem with a lot of NES open world games. There are no instructions on how to do pretty much anything. It's the reason why platformers and other games with a linear level system were so common in those days.

And yeah "simplistic really bad game" im glad someone sees it like i do.
I meant that Pong was a simplistic bad game, not Zelda.

people actually think pong is a good game wtf?
No, but it was still an extremely significant event in the history of video games.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
lol even so, that is really funny to me.

BPC: so what? it's a retaraded *** ****ed up mod anyway, it's fun whether or not it gets more patches <_>

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
ur so silly bpcizzle
its true i do hate budget player cadet
but i dont hate jonah.

EDIT: let's make something clear here; BPC had the option to leave or stay. he decided to quit. over pokemon ****ing stadium 2.

NNID
Budget_Player
If you make a wall of text but don't insult anyone, what's the point?
It's new for me.

ur so silly bpcizzle
its true i do hate budget player cadet
but i dont hate jonah.

EDIT: let's make something clear here; BPC had the option to leave or stay. he decided to quit. over pokemon ****ing stadium 2.

Not entirely accurate... It's more like "you believe that not only should we not use stages as something involved in the balancing of the game, but you also believe that static stages are better", where I believe exactly the opposite. Best exemplified by you (and the rest of the backroom) wanting to freeze a stage that could not only pass as a starter if people had brains, but also requires a ridiculous amount of stage knowledge to play and therefore adds competitive depth, far more than the abominable frozen version, which really is just smashville 2.0. Don't understimate how big a deal this is. And will you stop following my posts? It's just a little bit creepy. I left the chat so I could get away from your stupidity, and I can't ignore you here because you're a ****ing mod.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Dang, Brawl - trying to be BALANCED?

What is the world coming to

[TSON]

Hella.
NNID
oTSONo
i only stalk you if you mention minus or ps2 tho

also im not mod of this section so yes, you can ignore me

lilseph

Smash Ace
Can't say i like Brawl- much. To much stupid **** to learn for each character, its almost like its a different game.

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Brawl- is fun, but it's very different. Although I like some of the additions such as Fox being able to wavedash and Marth having like no landing lag.

NNID
Budget_Player
Can't say i like Brawl- much. To much stupid **** to learn for each character, its almost like its a different game.
You know, I think of all the things I've heard about any modification of the game, this one is one of the most redundant/stupid ones. "It's like a different game". Yes, and brawl is "like a different melee". :laugh:

Try Bulletin-.

...okay yeah that was pretty dumb
It was better than what lilseph said lmao

Top Bottom