• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MKGD: A new Bat watches over the town

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
And Edom said unto him, Thou shalt not pass by me, lest I come out against thee with the sword.

And Edom said unto her, come hither wench.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
And Edom said unto him, Thou shalt not pass by me, lest I come out against thee with the sword.

And Edom said unto her, come hither wench.
You read the bible? There's this passage I got memorized. Ezekiel 25:17.

"The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the iniquities of the selfish and the tyranny of evil men. Blessed is he who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brother's keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is The Lord when I lay my vengeance upon thee."

I been saying that **** for years. And if you heard it, that meant your ***. I never gave much thought to what it meant. I just thought it was some cold-blooded **** to say to a mother****er 'fore I popped a cap in his ***. But I saw some **** this mornin' made me think twice.

See, now I'm thinking, maybe it means you're the evil man, and I'm the righteous man, and Mr. 9 millimeter here, he's the shepherd protecting my righteous *** in the valley of darkness. Or, it could mean you're the righteous man and I'm the shepherd and it's the world that's evil and selfish. I'd like that. But that **** ain't the truth. The truth is, you're the weak, and I'm the tyranny of evil men.

But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm trying real hard to be the shepherd.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
is there a url or something i can make the team online?

if not i'd have to sit here n type out everything fffffffffs

empoleon [lead]

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/empoleon

flygon [toxic stall]

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/flygon

roserade [toxic spike lead]

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/roserade

lucario [attacking lead]

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/lucario

hippowdon [physical wall]

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/hippowdon

weavile [revenge killer]

http://www.smogon.com/dp/pokemon/weavile

Gates

Banned via Warnings
It's still missing a lot of information, like:

• Grass Knot or Ice Beam on Empoleon?
  • What attacking moves on Roserade?
  • Counter or Swords Dance on Lucario? (and furthermore, why a lead Lucario in a non-lead position?)
  • What attacking move besides Earthquake on Hippowdon?
  • What item on Weavile - Choice Band, Life Orb, Focus Sash, etc.?
  • Which one has Stealth Rock and which ones don't?
  • Are you using these spreads verbatim or have you done anything differently?

Your team also has substantial fire and fighting weaknesses.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
welp i made the file off the website, idk how to open it

i can answer those in a sec--

empoleon has grass knot and ice beam

roserade has; toxic spikes, energy ball, hidden power[rock], sleep powder

alright, the website has anti lead listed for lucario in the drop down box and attack lead as the description for the build. So iirc it built it as an anti lead- it has counter

hippowdon - sleath rock, slack off, stone edge

empoleon and hippowdon have stealth rock

life orb on weavile

Gates

Banned via Warnings
You need to open it in Shoddybattle's Team Builder.

Also, is this meant to be offensive or stall? I honestly can't tell.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
you mean the team as a whole? idk mixed i guess does the team need to focus on one type?

need link to d/l that team builder you mentioned

Gates

Banned via Warnings
http://shoddybattle.com/downloads
Just open Shoddy and go to the Team Builder tab.

You don't need to focus on one type but it's easier if you do. If you try to do the standard setup of 2/3 sweepers, 2 walls, 1/2 supporters you run the risk of spreading one game plan thin against other teams, as opposed to running a heavy aggro team (fast Stealth Rock suicide lead, 1/2 revenge killers, 3 or so sweepers, and maybe an additional supporter) or a stall team (bulky lead, 1/2 walls, spinblocker, revenge killer, phazer, 1-2 additional supporters).

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
dont use weavile. Please dont use Weavile. And don't use Electrivie or Umbreon. People super new to the metagame look at their stats and **** and think they're good, they're really bad now in any meta game, not just smogons.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

what you recommend then?

@dina yea im well aware of the probs weavile has but i like having variety

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I would suggest Gengar over Weavile. It's a very good revenge killer as well, gets great coverage from Shadow Ball and Focus Blast, gives you a fighting immunity which you desperately need, a spinblocker which would help with your entry hazards, and is not weak to a lot of the things that hurt Weavile (fire, bug, rock, and especially fighting). If this is a shoddy team, there's no point in using Weavile now that all the really threatening dragons have been banned. If this is an in-game team you still shouldn't use Weavile because he's just plain bad. The only thing Weavile can really do is take hits marginally better than Gengar (but Gengar can tank better with Substitute and Pain Split), kill Dragons (again, rarely useful on Shoddy, mildly useful in-game), and come in on psychic attacks for free (nobody really uses psychic attacks though because it's a bad typing).

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
mmm ok

so aside from weavile what u think, n what other pokemon u recommend?

also curious, what dragons been banned? salamance? why?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Garchomp, Latias, and Salamence were banned basically because Smogon didn't realize they balanced eachother out. Garchomp was banned a long time ago (pre-Platinum) because nothing could really counter him that much (this was before Salamence got Outrage), and then more recently Latias was brought down from Ubers but then sent back because SpecsLat was too powerful, and this led to Salamence wreaking havoc so they decided to ban him too. The whole thing is a cluster**** of theorymon and mismanagement.

As far as other changes go, I really don't see the point in having a Toxic Spiker along with a Toxic spreader. One or the other is good enough. I would scarf one of them, probably Flygon since he can make for a very good scout/revenge killer. You might as well make Roserade your lead as well since she's probably the best pokemon on your team for that position. Another thing you could do is run Spikes Roserade, but because it takes a turn longer to fully set up it's not so great for a lead position. If you make Roserade your lead you can also put Empoleon in the back to save for being either a defensive supporter or use the classic Agility SubPetaya.

If you're running Gengar, he won't appreciate being in a sandstorm (especially if he's using Life Orb and chances are he will be), so you'll probably need to take out Hippowdon for another physically defensive pokemon. I suggest British Gliscor. Although he's not quite as bulky as Hippowdon, he can act as a sort of swiss army knife for the team. Need something revenge killed? Boom, Earthquake. Need to scout? Pow, U-Turn. Need to take care of a staller? Shazam, Taunt. He can do so much for the team, I really think he would be a valuable asset.

And finally, your Lucario. While Anti-Lead CounterCario is cool and I've used him to moderate amounts of success, he has a few problems. One is Machamp. Fighting Machamp with this Lucario is a dice roll. He'll invariably Dynamicpunch first turn which leaves you with a couple of options. Your best option is to Counter, as it will no doubt OHKO first turn whereas Close Combat will only do about 65% on average and leave you with lowered defense to get Bullet Punched and not 2HKO with Extremespeed. The problem is though that you'll be confused and at 1 HP at the time where you will use Counter so half the time it won't work and you'll end up just killing yourself. The other problem with Anti-Lead Lucario is that YOU SHOULDN'T USE LEADS IN NON-LEAD POSITIONS (with few exceptions). I would reccommend you just go with one of the many sweeping Lucario sets - Swords Dance, Agility, Specs, Band, Scarf, Calm Mind, Resttalk, etc.

So overall your team will look like:

Roserade @ Focus Sash
Timid/Natural Cure
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Hidden Power Ground (because Fire and Ice are for *******)
Leaf Storm
Sleep Powder
Toxic Spikes

Flygon @ Choice Scarf
Jolly/Levitate
252 Atk/4 SpA/252 Spe
Earthquake
Fire Blast
Outrage
U-Turn

King Dedede (Empoleon) @ Leftovers
Calm/Torrent
252 HP/160 Def/88 SpD/8 Spe
Grass Knot
Roar
Stealth Rock
Surf

Lucario @ Life Orb
Jolly/Inner Focus
252 Atk/4 SpD/252 Spe
Close Combat
Crunch
Extremespeed
Swords Dance

Gliscor @ Leftovers
Jolly/Sand Veil
252 HP/4 Def/252 Spe
Earthquake
Roost
Taunt
U-Turn

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Timid/Levitate
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Spe
Focus Blast
Hidden Power Fire
Shadow Ball
Substitute

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Yeah don't use Weavile, and Roserade sucks too. TS sucks in general imo, I know I can build a solid team that resists or avoids TS while still being a really good team. SR is all you really need, and maybe Spikes.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Roserade would be a lot better if she had better speed. As of now though she's just that thing that scrubs use as a TSpikes lead and is sometimes a decent special attacker.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
yeah at high levels of play toxic spikes are next to worthless. Too many common pokemon are immune (heatran, scizor) doesnt hit (flyers/levitators and trust me many ou pokemon are this)

spikes and of course stealth rock (best move in game imo as it punishes something mandatory- switching) legit

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
kk sounds good then

im really really curious to see what the 6th gen will bring

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
kk sounds good then

im really really curious to see what the 6th gen will bring
i want pure power jiggly/wigglytuff or an exclusive held item that doubles her attack and hp (puff only)

evolution for farfetch'd

magic guard ho-oh (i can dream right?)

flare blitz on flareon- HAHAHA DISREGARD. IT WILL STILL SUCK *** AND ENTEI GOT IT WITH STONE EDGE AND EXTREME SPEED EAT THAT BASE 100 SPEED TOO YOU SLOW ****

new evolutions for old pokemon

an item that levels your pokemon down ( i have a few level 100 pokemon that i wouldnt mind re-eving)

Gates

Banned via Warnings
6th Gen will probably have beautiful 3DS graphics and a seamless transition from single player to multiplayer. In fact, it'll probably abandon a large majority of the other elements of it and just become a straight MMO with the Team Rocket-equivalent side story and the gym leaders being quests and the Battle Tower being a special endgame area for the high leveled, which will not be hard to do since every quest in the game is repeatable. Breeding will also be easier than ever with prices for the day care being slashed dramatically and eventually reduced to a trivial amount of money being needed to leave your pokemon there for large periods of time. Pokemon will also be able to lay multiple eggs, meaning that you have an increased chance of breeding an optimal litter, and the implementation of one day care center at every city next to the pokemon center also speeds things along, though you do have to remember where you left them. Soft resetting is also a thing of the past, as you can go to special nature, EV, and IV tutors to give your pokemon the perfect competitive stats easily, (for a decent fee of course).

5th Gen is just going to be more of the same for the most part. We'll find out in 2 weeks.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
wow gates on that troll status

also if i were to get rid of lucario what would be good replacement for him?

i want pure power jiggly/wigglytuff or an exclusive held item that doubles her attack and hp (puff only)

evolution for farfetch'd

magic guard ho-oh (i can dream right?)

flare blitz on flareon- HAHAHA DISREGARD. IT WILL STILL SUCK *** AND ENTEI GOT IT WITH STONE EDGE AND EXTREME SPEED EAT THAT BASE 100 SPEED TOO YOU SLOW ****

new evolutions for old pokemon

an item that levels your pokemon down ( i have a few level 100 pokemon that i wouldnt mind re-eving)
i agree on some items being pokemon exclusive

tho some attacks idk

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
. Soft resetting is also a thing of the past, as you can go to special nature, EV, and IV tutors to give your pokemon the perfect competitive stats easily, (for a decent fee of course).
somebody get this man in charge of game design. NOW

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Jiggs item that increases stats? Probably call it the Mango.

wow gates on that troll status

also if i were to get rid of lucario what would be good replacement for him?
I really don't think you should get rid of Lucario because he fits well on your team as a Blissey check and as a really good physical sweeper. But if you insist...

Metagross would probably be the best replacement. It helps against your fighting weakness and gives you a psychic resistance which could help you a lot. Agiligross is the best sweeper but CBGross or ScarfGross can also be useful.

Scizor is a good choice too. though he's not as versatile as CBGross and can't function as well as a sweeper. That said, he's one of th best revenge killers in the metagame right now with Choice Band. Another good idea is to run Iron Plate on him instead of CB to make your opponents think you're locked into something when you're not while still maximizing Bullet Punch's damage. Any other Scizor build is not that good though - they're not bad, they're just easy to play around.

Tyranitar can be a physical sweeper as a Dragon Dancer, a revenge killer with Scarf or Band, or a tank with Resttalk and Curse, but he wouldn't be too great for your team overall. His typing brings nothing useful to you really in terms of typing. Dragonite, Gyarados, Breloom, Infernape, and Machamp are also good physical sweepers, but they share weaknesses with a lot of your other pokemon.

I'd basically stick with Agiligross.

Dark 3nergy

Smash Hero
NNID
Gambit.7
3DS FC
4313-0369-9934
Switch FC
SW-5498-4166-5599
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm i do have a few metagross but like they aint trained for those slots :mad: n i got a tyranitar too

u should get on aim n talk to me about this i still got other questions

lilseph

Smash Ace
This is steel's thread, you just have mod powers:bee:

now to leave til pokemon ends:urg:

BlueSuperSonic1

Smash Journeyman
Soft resetting is also a thing of the past, as you can go to special nature, EV, and IV tutors to give your pokemon the perfect competitive stats easily, (for a decent fee of course).
Getting the perfect IVs and nature is already a thing of the past. There's RNG Abuse.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Stop posting, I don't care :lick:
*thinking in a good response*
*realizes you're a mod*
*thinking on a well-elaborated response*