• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MK Dittos are pretty fun :).

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
I got to play Affinity in some MK dittos at Oh Snap and realized that I really like them. I think I'm just going to start MK dittoing all the MK players I face since GW isn't cutting it :).

Tips for MK dittos?

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I would much rather play an MK ditto than a Dedede ditto. MK dittos are really tests of skill between the two players and involve a lot of spacing skill and knowledge of priority and timing. It's also a significant test of mindgames and knowing when to save your kill moves.

Dedede dittos are more like "FIRST GRAB WINS LOLOLOLOL".

Anyway, Affinity's matchup thread has a good explanation of the MK mirror.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Ftilt and Dtilt on the ground. Don't tornado, because the other one can hit you out of it, or smash DI up and Dair you. Do lots of grabs,.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
pretty much what everybody else in this thread said, lol. although, IMO, pit dittos and snake dittos are more fun. shooting people out of WoI? explosions everywhere? fun. lol

Ulevo

Smash Master
1) Everything exluding grabs, Glide Attack, Nair, Standard A, and Drill Rush beat Tornado.
2) Tornado beats every recovery option outside of using the five jumps + aerial.
3) You are always at an advantage from below, never above.
4) FTilt.
5) DTilt.
6) FSmash.

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
yea idk why pple dont like the ditto i was actually gonna make a thread for it lol i teched a guys up b then did one of my own real quick and won the match, sooo hot.

ftlit and grab a lot, fsmash beats a lot of things and nado for random chips of dmg but dont let him di out of it

dingding

Smash Ace
f tilt battle nothing else..tornado when they glide .. nothing else and u'll win.. and a few d smashes..

Kyuubi9t

Smash Journeyman
MK ditto must be fun since it might actually be a challenge. every other match up is too easy for MK and his broken self

Panix

Smash Ace
double post ^

MK matchs are intense. mainly because shuttle loop comes out of nowhere, and you see two MK's spamming SL and then GA it's pretty funny lol

Hype

Smash Lord
MK dittos are fun. It's good that dittos with the most used character are fun.

Imagine if everyone played falco dittos or somthing like that.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hylian, do you always make threads like these in the character boards? Lol, Asking the Marth mains for tips against Roy-R was funny.
I just like to see how the boards are usually. This gives me a good idea.

It is also pretty funny :).

Deoxys

Smash Lord
MK ditto must be fun since it might actually be a challenge. every other match up is too easy for MK and his broken self
Are these the same people that vote McCain/Palin?

Smashboards - Bandwagon Central
*Jumps on bandwagon*

But seriously, MK dittos are amazing and if you call them particularly boring your opinions suck.

Snake and MK dittos are awesome, all others are pretty lame.
Really? Even Marth, Ike, and Pokemon Trainer?

Jar'd

Smash Ace
Most dittos are fun for me (**** YOU DDD DITTOS), but Meta and snake are definitely my favorite ones.

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
I versed a ditto yesterday with a person I kind of knew (who later I found out to be Ankoku...). Even though he said he didn't really like playing MK and that I won (it was pure luck), I thought it was fun because of the challenge. I have a question. If two MK's tornado into each other, which one wins?

brinboy789

Smash Champion
I versed a ditto yesterday with a person I kind of knew (who later I found out to be Ankoku...). Even though he said he didn't really like playing MK and that I won (it was pure luck), I thought it was fun because of the challenge. I have a question. If two MK's tornado into each other, which one wins?
as you nado, the more you press b, the more priority you get. so the nado whos been out the longest wins.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
I've played lots of Marth dittos and have always found them pretty boring. Same with Snake dittos for me...it's all about the MK dittos. They're so fast paced, good ****.

Oh, and Falcon dittos of course. Make that Falcon FFAs. On Hyrule Temple =)

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
They certainly are fun. I recently had the chance to get in an MK ditto with a fellow competitive Smasher, which is pretty rare considering I'm in college and have little time for legitimate tournaments, so I was lucky to find a challenge. My opponent, like myself, has been competitive with Smash since Melee. However, I started competitive Melee probably 3-4 years before he has, so I have a lot more experience.

Anyway, yeah...back to the MK ditto. It was fun. I didn't know what to expect at first so I was pretty much just feeling him out in the beginning, but that got me into a pretty big hole. I had to orchestrate a pretty big comeback to win the match...

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
MK dittos are who can F Tilt the best. And just remember Tornado there recovery. Watch M2k vs Dojo. it'll give you ideas.
I watch that in person. And I played MK dittos with M2K for hours at my house because he wanted practice for Dojo.

LOL

TKD

Smash Lord
MK dittos are so simple, It's possible to lose to a lesser skilled player than you if they know how to play them.

Dash into shield if you have space to dash.
If you have space, dash into shield and grab. If they ftilt/etc your shield, you grab. If they shield, you grab them first. Reflexes baby. You can spot dodge to throw your opponent off even more if you wish.

Space Ftilt or shield if there's no space to dash.
If there's no space to dash, space a forward tilt or shield his forward tilt for THE WHOLE THREE HITS, no matter how much he stalls them, then counter out of shield.

Be aggro.
If you've landed a downthrow or a forward tilt, be very aggressive on your follow-up attempts. Dash into him shielding, or go crazy with aerials or even Shuttle Loop from the ground. If you plan to go the Shuttle Loop aggro route, remember you won't kill at 120% if you use it a lot. But its invincibility frames are great.

And KO.
At 110% downsmash KOs. Be smart about it as ftilt outranges it. At 120% a fresh grounded Shuttle Loop KOs. You can grounded Shuttle Loop from below your opponent so a weak hit gets them, and you can even land the glide attack after.

Done. MK dittoes are pretty shallow.

ADHD

Smash Hero
I got to play Affinity in some MK dittos at Oh Snap and realized that I really like them. I think I'm just going to start MK dittoing all the MK players I face since GW isn't cutting it :).

Tips for MK dittos?
That post made me smile :)

Deoxys

Smash Lord
I watch that in person. And I played MK dittos with M2K for hours at my house because he wanted practice for Dojo.

LOL
Are you making a point about how fun you think they were because you played them for hours or are you just bragging? I was under the impression that you just recently realized they were fun.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Are you making a point about how fun you think they were because you played them for hours or are you just bragging? I was under the impression that you just recently realized they were fun.
Uh, he said "Watch M2K and Dojo play." which was funny because I play with Dojo all the time and have playing M2K in a ton of MK dittos and watched the matches he was referencing in person. So I posted that. I didn't enjoy them more then other matches at this point. It's hard to enjoy yourself when it's 6am and M2K is just ****** you over and over again LOL.

Top Bottom