• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit East: The Competition Results coming soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hence

Smash Ace
What kind of competition was this?

Oh well, I'm bringing my Pokemon cards anyway; just in case.

wakka444

Smash Ace
ITT get NE ohio and i mean ALL of them lol, half of them seem to john out at the last minute=(

and ohios just making up for its lack of tournaments =D
Repping Springfield^^

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Me and Judge are gonna win this thing.
You're the new Joel. Switch teammates repeatedly by picking someone that has a better placement each time XD

Solve your troubles and team with Ripple or Ook sometime.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
ITT get NE ohio and i mean ALL of them lol, half of them seem to john out at the last minute=(

and ohios just making up for its lack of tournaments =D
Repping Springfield^^
I can give you betting odds on which people from NE ohio will make it

Odds of going / odds of not going

98/2 - Ithrowthings
95/5 - King Yoshi
80/20 - ArgentStew
75/25 - Fromundaman
60/40 - BYAA
40/60 - Falco400
40/60 - Riddler
30/70 - Shugo
25/75 - Beegs
10/90 - King Beef
5/95- BlueRogue
.1/99.9 - nojoes
.1/99.9 - Vidjo

PKfire isn't on the list because he's going back to Texas. He shall be missed. BUT HE'S ALSO GONNA DESTROY THOSE TEXAS NOOBS!

But I think you can see my usual dillemma. It looks like there should be about 7 people that will make it you crunch the numbers. Only problem is 8 people say they're gonna totally make it then 1 person backs out last minute and only 5 people fit in a car, then depending on the situation you either convince a second person to drive and pick people up along the way, or you get desperate and drive up to MI then drive back 28 hours straight...

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Kel went to Japan, so I don't really count switching from Kel as switching. I would have stayed with Kel the whole circuit cause we were getting better each time we teamed.

Bowyer and I simply didn't click. In fairness we lost to the team that got 1st and 3rd at C4 (en route to getting 9th), but against each of those teams we had 2 v 1 opportunities (in game 1!) and we blew both chances. That is a chemistry issue.

So basically I've switched once voluntarily.

And also in fairness: Kel usually gets 5th, Bowyer gets 7th-9th, Judge gets top 3.
I usually place 3-5. (Circuit events from this year: champs 4th, 1st event 3rd, 2nd event 5th - and probably should have been at least forth, stupid suicides). So I didn't really upgrade each event. I just went with the MK's who I knew were good and were available.

So now its the best MW Diddy teaming with the best MW MK. Judge and I are gonna be a very scary team. I don't even wanna think about what we will be pulling on people cause I get to excited. Speaking of which, Judge, we should try to practice on AiB some now that they have a doubles ladder (unless you already got a team on AiB).

DK - Diddy is eh. I think Diddy's best teammates are:
Meta Knight
Zelda
ROB
GW
And then idk. MK is obviously the best choice because he can stay in the air and work around bananas better than almost any other characters (Diddy handles the ground, MK handles the air). Zelda is actually incredibly good with Diddy cause you can team combo with bananas and dins fire mad easy. It is pretty much impossible to lose a 2v1 if you have Diddy/Zelda. you could each be at 200% and the opponent at 0% and the opponent shouldn't be able to touch you. Not to mention Zelda can really punish trips.

DK may work, I've just never really teamed with one. Off the top of my head trip > donkey punch sounds amazing.

EDIT: We need a mirror of this thread in the Tournament Listings area. I don't know why we never post these there, but if we do this will grab probably a bunch of extra attention.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
You should try Wario, now that I think about it.

Diddy dash attack to wario u-air combooooooo

Hence

Smash Ace
You should try Wario, now that I think about it.

Diddy dash attack to wario u-air combooooooo
Does Wario's bike beat bananas?

Wario can be played in a very versitle manner. Although, he is primarily played by using his floatyness to stay aerial while punishing mistakes with his disjointed and easily auto canceled aerials. Because Wario's airdodge is above average, he should be able to easily catch Diddy's banana peels. The question, then, is how well Wario utilizes banana peels. I've heard banana peel to Wario DACUS works fairly well, but don't take my work on that. Hypothetically speaking, Diddy and Wario could prosper in the same way Diddy and Zelda could. Zelda's metagame revolves stictly around Din's Fire to force an approach. She doesn't have to move at all, which means less chance to accidetally strike her with a banana. Additionally, I believe that Diddy must be placed with a 'campy' character (with the exception of Meta Knight) to do well in doubles.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I agree that this thread should be posted in the tournament listings section as well. Out of state attention would make it even better.

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
ITT,

If you end up needing a second car, I unwillingly offer to drive... I would prefer not to, but I know it can't be avoided and you could probably use some help driving everyone everywhere everytime... But I think everyone knows you're a better driver than I am... :p

Also, what's with pairing up with Byaa at King Yoshi's? I thought you wanted practice for this... That's why I asked if you wanted to team... I had an actual reason for it... :/

80/20? Really? I've got nothing else going on...

Oh, and remind me to get a good night's sleep before this one... :p

Also, I talked to Vidjo recently... He sounds like he's too busy to play for now...

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
You know I'm in.

Springfield, would you guys potentially have open space at your house for some serious training the day before?

Also, potentially another Yoshi main coming! Get excited all...

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
who wants to team with me for this next event? OS how bout you?

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Kel: Maybe, gotta see how things go this event/I think maybe the remainder of the circuit with Judge.

And when do you get back anyways???

Nope

Smash Lord
You know I'm in.

Springfield, would you guys potentially have open space at your house for some serious training the day before?
as always Nick come on up here! we will drive down sat morning to this and we can all carpool and then you can leave Sunday morning or something.

also! Lots of money matches this time around since I didn't really get any last time because I was so busy.

Edit: Nick now that I think about it isn't this the weekend of the warrior? did you sign up to ref?

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Nick now that I think about it isn't this the weekend of the warrior? did you sign up to ref?
No, didn't sign up for it. The QCT is this weekend also, I'm gonna skip Saturday reffing for this tournament and workin Sunday/Monday. God it will be nice to be back in Cincinnati where I only have to drive 10 minutes to do stuff instead of 2 and a half hours.

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Infern, we were sposed to MM Ike vs Yoshi at C4. I forgot about it, but let's try and remember it for this time around, if you're still up for it.

DtJ Hilt

Little Lizard
i'm thinkin low tier mm's for this tournament ;D

not against you though infern. Ike doesnt suck enough.

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
u going to WaB Nic? if so awesome then for sure lets have that MM, I forgot what you look like so if u ill try to find you or just come up to me and tell me who u are lol im bad at matching names with faces.

and what are u talking Hilt ur not even coming to this lol

nicalobe

Smash Journeyman
Infern, I'll be there for the May 16th one, but not the one this weekend. **** school gettin in the way of my smash!

Infern Angelis

Smash Master
Oh for some reason I was thibking of WaB(the tournament this weekend) so i got confused, aight then nicalobe your on, dont think u will be pivot grabbing so easily!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom