• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest Circuit East: The Competition Results coming soon!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

clowsui

Smash Legend
BUDGETING:

$10 Singles Fee
($10 Teams Fee if Oreo isn't covering me)
TOTAL: 10-20
Food: $10
TOTAL: 20-30
Money Matches: $5
TOTAL: 25-35

WALLET: $10

>___>; Time for me to do something about this

lain

Smash Master
Seamus McFly's Sportsmanship Rule:
If a losing player ends the match with "No Contest" (pausing and ending the game) after they lose their final stock but before "GAME" is called, that player is subject to consequences ranging from forfeit of that set to disqualification from the competition. Consequences can be avoided by apologizing to the other player for robbing them of a victory screen. Also, Excessive displays of rage over losing matches (shouting, controller throwing) will not be tolerated.

Okay, for 1, there is no time in between losing your last stock and the game screen coming up. You can only pause and end the game beforehand (I hope people knew that)

For 2, who the **** cares?

clowsui

Smash Legend
i agree with lain
btw lain i'm like your biggest fan =D if i bring something to this tourney to sign will you sign it?
also we won't need a cheerleader for you to come to this right? XD

jokey665

Smash Ace
Seamus McFly's Sportsmanship Rule:
If a losing player ends the match with "No Contest" (pausing and ending the game) after they lose their final stock but before "GAME" is called, that player is subject to consequences ranging from forfeit of that set to disqualification from the competition. Consequences can be avoided by apologizing to the other player for robbing them of a victory screen. Also, Excessive displays of rage over losing matches (shouting, controller throwing) will not be tolerated.

Okay, for 1, there is no time in between losing your last stock and the game screen coming up. You can only pause and end the game beforehand (I hope people knew that)

For 2, who the **** cares?
People who care about sportsmanship care, obviously.
meaning not people who cg with ice climbers

Teebs

Smash Champion
NNID
Teebs-kun
@ My usual ride(s):

I honestly don't know if I will go to this. It's far and my car already has 2,300 miles on it from just after 7 weeks of having it.

@ Ook (and everyone else that is curious): The GREEN dot is Athens

QUIVO

Smash Master
awww.. i remember last year around this time there was a huge fest and i left as soon as i was out lol.

AlphaZealot

Former Smashboards Owner
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I'm all for that rule. Sorry, but if you know you are going to lose, you have to take the full on fact that you lost and see the other characters victory screen. I never did understand why someone would quit out just before they lost.

psychology mangz.

lain

Smash Master
The point is I don't even consider it from that point of view, and neither does the other person usually. They won, they progressed farther in the bracket. You don't need an image on a tv to justify it.

What if I quit when I kill someone for their 3rd stock?

i agree with lain
btw lain i'm like your biggest fan =D if i bring something to this tourney to sign will you sign it?
also we won't need a cheerleader for you to come to this right? XD
lolllll. Yeah I'll sign whatever. And no I don't need any cheerleaders. Although...

People who care about sportsmanship care, obviously.
meaning not people who cg with ice climbers
LOL. Right. I'm the big evil guy who cg's people every match and has no sportsmanship whatsoever. It's a dumb rule, I chaingrab people, get over it.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Indiana and Illinois TOs need to step it up
Blah, this is far.

@asdioh-lets step it up and get something organized in Indiana..

The problem with us organizing stuff is that we don't have any real brawl hot spots..most of us are spread out..in Indy there is only myself, renegade, vamp, and kyari really, and kyari and I are the only people that play consistently and he can't even go to tourneys..theres a couple that play in the north but for the most part we are all too far apart to get much organized.
This.

I don't mind it being in Ohio, but it's not even in the center of Ohio or closer, it's near the eastern border.

I don't really care though. I have like ... 2 circuit points anyway loool

I guess Dastrn's venue is great, and since I live close to it maybe I should look into renting it sometime. I'm kinda not ready for that right now though...maybe sometime during the summer.

lain said:
The point is I don't even consider it from that point of view, and neither does the other person usually. They won, they progressed farther in the bracket. You don't need an image on a tv to justify it.
I don't see a problem here either, except it gives off an aura of childishness and stuff like that. Sportsmanship is important, I hate beating people who get PISSED when they lose, it's very annoying.

What if I quit when I kill someone for their 3rd stock?
that would be hilarious

Overswarm

is laughing at you
LOL. Right. I'm the big evil guy who cg's people every match and has no sportsmanship whatsoever. It's a dumb rule, I chaingrab people, get over it.
I think he was joking ;)

I don't really care about the rule either way. It's more of a "don't be a ****" rule rather than a "this is what we will enforce" rule

Sorry about the drive for some of you. I had a 4.5 hour trip for every event on the first circuit, and it suckedddddd. I wanted to keep things within the boundries, but the amount of experienced TOs are pretty small. Hopefully everyone can still make it (this venue is awesome), and OU will have all its wonderful locals show up.

Kel

Smash Master
Q it was palmer fest

and if you lose your jumps or **** up and are about to die, the game is essentially over but not quite. You know when you can't recover anymore. Or if you're star koed.

Framerate

Smash Lord
and if you lose your jumps or **** up and are about to die, the game is essentially over but not quite. You know when you can't recover anymore. Or if you're star koed.
This right here!

TheKiest

Smash Champion
Its as Kel and Frame said.

It's more of pausing and quitting when you know you are dead (from getting upsmashed and watching you character fall into the background or from not reaching the ledge), but the GAME hasn't appeared.

I've seen this at a few tournes and we, OUGA, as a school club don't want any kind of bad sportsmanship.

It's kinda like the equivalent of say... kicking down the table after losing in a board game or DCing from an online game right before you lose.

Kel

Smash Master
Its as Kel and Frame said.

It's more of pausing and quitting when you know you are dead (from getting upsmashed and watching you character fall into the background or from not reaching the ledge), but the GAME hasn't appeared.

I've seen this at a few tournes and we, OUGA, as a school club don't want any kind of bad sportsmanship.

It's kinda like the equivalent of say... kicking down the table after losing in a board game or DCing from an online game right before you lose.
but the GAME hasn't appeared
There's also a factor that since the match isn't technically over, there's still a chance the dying character could live. I.E. The opponent hitting them and the losing person teching, or the winning player footstooling the other, etc. In the MLG rule set the ruling stated that if a match is turned off ANY TIME before the match is over, it is to be restarted from the beginning. This included the "I know I lost" phase. This same thing is why this ruling is good.

Tyr_03

Smash Champion
I'm planning on coming to this.

I'll be hunting down the low tier mains for money matches.

I bring lots of dollar bills so I'll pretty much money match anyone else who happens to want one.

The example in the OP is funny because Capem, Bloodhawk and I actually had a tie like that in pools at C4.

Also, why do people insist on capitalizing all the letters in my name? It's a name, not an acronym...

MarsBitrona

Smash Apprentice
Some people like to see their character do a dance of joy when they win. Seeing a colorful display of backflips and poses is sometimes a nicer incentive to win than seeing your name replicate itself on a heartless, black-and-white bracket.

Also, every time I've seen someone do this, it is always an act oozing with bitterness, which just sucks the fun out the victory for their opponent in many cases. We can't presume that any player won't be bothered by this. Even if they put on a brave front, they might be crying on the inside. Waiting three seconds for the game to officially end never hurt anyone, but ending it early just might ruin somebody's day.

And there's no rule against Chain-Grabbing. We at OUGA have no bias against Chain-Grabbing or players who participate in the practice. It's a legit strategy. PR MAN, AWAY!!

TheKiest

Smash Champion
I'll be hunting down the low tier mains for money matches.
I supposedly speak for Framerate.... but he mains Jigglypuff.
POPS plays Falcon and Shiek too. (As well as a good ****ing 3rd of the roaster)

The example in the OP is funny because Capem, Bloodhawk and I actually had a tie like that in pools at C4.
So that's who the third was.... I made that example because of what we saw in C4. I noticed that no one seems to agree on pool rules, so I made mine more clear and actually written out.

Also I am currently fixing the pre-reg list form so expect it tonight!

DtJ XeroXen

The biggest fraud
NNID
XeroXen
Tyr, if I show up I plan on taking down that Lucas and winning my dolla' back.

Fo sho'

And if I come, I plan on playing ALLLLLL of you low tiers, and winning some dollars. I'll even play high tiers, I don't care! It's not like the tier list puts up an invisible shield to prevent water and magic cloaks of awesomeness to penetrate them, unless they're MK.

ithrowthings

Smash Lord
NNID
ithrowthings
Suprisingly I too thought of homestarrunner because of "the competition"

I'm gonna be there. I'll probly try to convince everyone there to go to my tourney the week after as well. Most likely bringing at least 1 car from NE ohio (I'm such a driving *****)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Suprisingly I too thought of homestarrunner because of "the competition"

I'm gonna be there. I'll probly try to convince everyone there to go to my tourney the week after as well. Most likely bringing at least 1 car from NE ohio (I'm such a driving *****)
Do ittttttt

PeppyWil

Smash Ace
I'm probably gonna show up at this. Don't know if I'll bring anyone or not. If not, I'll need a doubles partner.

Also, this is really cool for me because I actually was hoping to attend Ohio University upon leaving high school. Only visited the campus once before, but it's sweeeeeeet.

Anyway YAY TOURNEY.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom