• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Illuminado

Smash Cadet
Loving this guys. Making my work day procrastination so much better. Refreshing this thread repeatedly ftw :D. Wish I could be helping you all out with finding **** out :(. Keep up the good work.

Newbarktown

Smash Cadet
Not sure if it's been said, but I'm 99.9% sure Marth's uptilt is MUCH faster and his side tilt is a bit faster.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Bowser's flying slam MIGHT have more control now.

I tested it on an AI and either Bowser has more control or the AIs are happy to let you take them over the edge...

Needs human testing...

HyperGumba

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Taro_Kuroyoko
3DS FC
4227-1462-6701
Vs Bowser is listed first. Vs Bowser Jr. is listed second.

Mario
Fsmash - 14, 16
Dsmash - 10, 12
Usmash - 14, 16
Want to add a few values as well, just tested Mario on Bowser. Whenever I list two values like 6/8%, the latter is the sweetspotted hit.

FSmash sweet-spots at 17%
DSmash hits for 12% behind Mario
Jab does 2%, 1-2%, 4% in this order
DTilt 5%
FTilt 7%
UTilt 5%
Dash 6/8%
NAir 5/8%
FAir spikes at 14%, 12% if not
BAir 7/10%
UAir 7%
DAir hits six times still, 1%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 5% for a total of 10%
Pummel 3%
DThrow 5%
UThrow 7%
FThrow 8%
BThrow 11%
Fireball 4%, 5% at close range
Cape 7%
Super Jump Punch hits six times for 5%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 1%, 3% for a total of 12%
F.L.U.D.D. does 0% as always

Can't provide specifics on knockback, sadly.

How does this Mario compare to pre-update in terms of damage? I don't know the old stats.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
I'll make some more updates now, so please bear with me but:

Relative consensus on no major changes:
:4lucario::4zss::4yoshi::4shulk::rosalina::4villagerf::4luigi::4dedede::4mario:

notable confirms i haven't listed yet?
:4kirby: Inhale and Down Throw Changes
:4ganondorf: Jab change
:4pacman: Grab lag reduced
:4sonic: Sonic's everything, has someone got confirmed values/changes though?

Last edited:

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Haven't seen anyone speak of Mario, but I'll go ahead and confirm there has been no changes to him.

Also someone spoke about this before, but Vectoring is still in the game.

LiamMail

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Liam5d26
If this is true I may have to like, quit the game.
This in itself is one of the major reasons why I prefer Brawl's (and Smash 4s) engine over melee. It's just apart of how I use my moves... I NEVER ACTUALLY TILT and A... it's always c sticking things... just... can't..
ugh

how I do everything out of perfect pivots or dashes just got ruined pretty much.
So gg 5-6 years of tech skill !_!
believe or not I found out this way of inputting tilts a day ago, but now it got patched...

Esquire

Smash Cadet
NNID
DarkSlay
This is a big one.

I can confirm on Mii Brawler that One Inch Punch is still in the game, BUT the knockback has drastically reduced on it, rendering it near impossible to KO with.

I am still working on Mii Brawler changes, which seems to include minor damage nerfs to specific moves (BAir, DAir sweet spot, etc). Will keep testing.

EDIT: As a quick impression, the knockback of both Piston Punch and Helicopter Kick as a base move has been unchanged, however.

Last edited:

LostinpinK

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ailkah
LM's walljump is now much higher. On SV, you can wall jump to the moving plateform.

STGHMAAV

Smash Rookie
Mewtwo has no customs according to people that have him.
Sorry, I forgot to say that I was using Mewtwo XDD
Also 100% confirmed no customs for Mewtwo, photos of the WiiU version

At the bottom it says: "Info about the special move (Can't be customized). To compare:

At the bottom it says: "Select a special attack" and as you can see, I only have one (the standard), so 100% confirmed

Last edited:

Blue_Sunshine

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4382-3301-0014
*sigh* CANNOT believe you can no longer, hold up or down on the control stick and use the C-stick for tilts, that's how I prefer doing tilts, I cannot get over this...:facepalm:

CriticalxMiss

Smash Rookie
NNID
CriticalxMiss
Donkey Kong's wind-up takes significantly less time (2.72 seconds). Same number of wind ups, just faster animation. Still does 28 on full charge up and 10 no charge

HeroMystic

Legacy of the Mario
NNID
HeroineYaoki
3DS FC
2191-8960-7738
Vectoring still in the game? How?
Horizontal vectoring has always been in the game. Vertical vectoring is what was removed from the previous patch.

Holding up on the analog stick still increases knockback. (Mario's F-Smash kills Mario @99% at the respawn point of FD regularly. Holding up makes it kill earlier.)
Holding towards the stage reduces knockback. (Mario's F-Smash kills Mario @107% at the respawn point with this method.)

I've tested it and it's still in the game.

Edit: If you use a Vertical kill move (such as Fox's U-Smash), then holding down will do nothing. However holding away from Fox will allow you to live longer much like regular DI.

Last edited:
NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
That also indirectly nerfed mega man due to not being.able to.hold metal blade while shooting pellets. That and the fact they nerfed sonics customs but not Villagers or donkey kongs when Those are the customs Everyone has been complaining About...

TheZyzyva

Smash Apprentice
Testing Ness, only thing I'm seeing from the paste-bin values would be nerfs to his yo-yo. Cant get up or down smash to do the full amount, but that might be multi-hit values and I'm not connecting with every hit.
Back-throw does same damage, feels like possibly less knock back, but Im on the 3DS and I know the blast zones are different. Still the best throw by far.
Edit: The yo yo numbers Im getting are 12% in 3 hits for dsmash and 13% sweet spot usmash, 9% sour.

Last edited:

Meloetta Star

Smash Rookie
NNID
Taruzard
3DS FC
3110-5198-0358
Not sure if it's just me, and sorry if it's been posted already..

Playing on 1.0.5 3DS and Mewtwo Patch Wii U.

Palutena's crouch seems to be alot faster.

My crouch taunt game is much more effective on the Wii U, though this might just be Stick vs circlepad.

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
This thread will go more smoothly if people stop posting things they "feel" but haven't tested.
Honestly, I think people have learned from 1.04. There is a lot less "feels" in this thread and more discovery.

Sure, there are people that go by feels, but they will always be people like that, and it's fine. I think this is going fairly well. :3

SapphSabre777

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4742-5094-9684
I'm going to pitch in on some things and all that what not.

:4kirby:

Confirming D-Throw does more damage (6 -> 10%)

Others may be placebo, so I'll let the others check, but...

Inhale may have less ending lag
Knockback for certain moves may be increased

Last edited:

Rob_TH

Smash Rookie
NNID
Roverthor
Dunno if someone has already tested it, but it seems like DK's custom 3 up b (the one that sucks you into the cyclone) has its windboxes fixed, you can no longer "spike" at 0% with it. Not confirmed, but I tested it with bots and never happened

Rizen

Smash Legend
Fsmash with a throwing item in hand was patched out for all characters. Link can't bomb Fsmash anymore :facepalm:

D

Deleted member

Does anyone know if the changes to Lylat's ledges also means that tethers will stop randomly failing on that stage (which usually happened when the stage was tilting)?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom