• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

RWB

Smash Ace
Can I get a credible list of candidates for ending lag changes to test?

I really only want to do ones we are confident in, because they are time consuming to do right.

Kirby Inhale I can confirm already.
I sadly can't say I'm confident, but it really does seem to me that Mii Swordfighter's gotten his ending lag lowered across the board(for his non-specials, anyway... the only special that seems to have less endlag is Reversal Slash- or "Down B 2" in easier terms).

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I haven't had a chance to download the patch yet or read the whole thread but I have 2 important quick questions:

- With C-stick set to Smash does it still screw up your aerial momentum when you hold it down?
- When you select a custom move set and play a game, does it still reset your color to what the set was originally made on?

Appreciate the help ya'll.

Robfire

Smash Rookie
ok guys, i know we don't have community patchnotes yet, but i updated my 3ds version only and kept my wii u version the same in order to test these. from careful testing from BOTH versions, not speculation, i can confirm:
:4kirby:
-kirby's down throw now does 10% instead of 6%
-kirby's inhale ending animation is sped up significantly
i posted this in the other thread. also the a+b smashes

Ozyroth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ozyroth
As a WiiFit Trainer main, I tested this almost immediately.

Happy to announce that her first jab and Fsmash have wider hitboxes to hit small characters!

(Also I noticed that her smashes come a little quicker, but need more testing and frame data, maybe tomorrow I'll post this)

Also I think her running is faster (need further testing).

PDoge

Smash Rookie
Heard from a friend that Ness Up Air and Back Throw reduced, but UpTilt seems to have been buffed. Can anyone test Ness? Can't update until next week. :(

Robfire

Smash Rookie
Wait am I allowed to turn this off???

yes. it's in controls. i thought i wouldn't like it either, but i could see it being useful in some situations. it lets you walk out of side smashes easier and lets you down smash while crouching

Heard from a friend that Ness Up Air and Back Throw reduced, but UpTilt seems to have been buffed. Can anyone test Ness? Can't update until next week. :(
ness' back throw takes around 10% longer to KO (i posted about it here) but it's still fairly strong

Last edited:
3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
Not a change, but A+B smash makes doing pivot fsmash and dsmash a lot easier and makes dsmash performable while crouching

Last edited:

Yikarur

Smash Master
I'm testing ending lag frames.it's sometimes really hard to do.
Diddy Kongs fsmash has ending lag increased by not more than 2 frames.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
From Pac-Man Boards: (All tested on Mario at Battlefield Omega at his default position)

- Side B Max Length distance nerfed slightly, kills now at 100% as opposed to 109% when fully charged.

- Up-Smash and F-Smash buffed: Up-Smash now KOs at 112% (pre-patch was 117%), F-Smash also can now kill 90% as opposed to 97%

- D-Air now kills at 190% opposed to 203% (tested), some say it links hits better. (Further testing needed)

Last edited:

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri

yes. it's in controls. i thought i wouldn't like it either, but i could see it being useful in some situations. it lets you walk out of side smashes easier and lets you down smash while crouching

ness' back throw takes around 10% longer to KO (i posted about it here) but it's still fairly strong

Still seems the same with me.

Ryukred

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Ryukred
I haven't had a chance to download the patch yet or read the whole thread but I have 2 important quick questions:

- With C-stick set to Smash does it still screw up your aerial momentum when you hold it down?
- When you select a custom move set and play a game, does it still reset your color to what the set was originally made on?

Appreciate the help ya'll.
- Do you mean when you press it twice while in the air? If so, then yes. If you just hold it, you input an air attack and when you get to the ground the only action you can input is jump, you can't even do any other actions.
-Yes, sadly.

Niala

Smash Ace
As a WiiFit Trainer main, I tested this almost immediately.

Happy to announce that her first jab and Fsmash have wider hitboxes to hit small characters!

(Also I noticed that her smashes come a little quicker, but need more testing and frame data, maybe tomorrow I'll post this)

Also I think her running is faster (need further testing).
Thanks for finding this! Is it okay if I post your video in the WFT Boards?

Also, I think they added a hitbox to her shoulders on her USmash, you can get a running USmash against a good chunk of the cast now. It's weaker than the sweetspot by about 15% of kill power.

Robfire

Smash Rookie
Still seems the same with me.
i tested it on both versions on FD on the same char, not any other omega stage from the starting point of training, and in the older version it KOed at 100%, where in the newer version it KOed at 108-110%. it's not a huge change, it's still strong, but i think it was good to nerf it a bit

Not an autocancel... It's a roughly frame perfect technique in which you fastfall an attack and touch the ground at the exact moment the hit box connects. The end result is avoiding any landing lag the attack may have had.
auto-cancelling is frame perfect--it's when you land near the beginning or end of an auto-cancellable aerial. you have to land falco's at roughly the first frame. the only difference from most auto-cancel moves is that you can do it a frame after the hitbox comes out so you don't get the normal landing lag and can follow it up immediately

Last edited:

Kodystri

the PK Spamming Lucas Main
NNID
Kodystri
i tested it on both versions on FD on the same char, not any other omega stage from the starting point of training, and in the older version it KOed at 100%, where in the newer version it KOed at 108-110%. it's not a huge change, it's still strong, but i think it was good to nerf it a bit
Oh well ,its not like I kill with Back Throw as often anyways :p You do mean Wii U version right because 3ds and Wii U has different blast zones.

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Testing on Sonic and it seems that his up-smash either doesn less damage or makes a worse job of connecting all hitboxes.

And his spin dash (side B) doesn less damage as well.

WyvernLord

Smash Cadet
NNID
WyvernLord
3DS FC
0860-3366-4038
Can someone please check/confirm these buffs to Lucina; just to make sure they're accurate

fair .5%
d tilt .5%
shield breaker .5-1%
full shield breaker 1%

Jab speed buffed (?)
D-air meteor hitbox Expanded (?)

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Mewtwo: He has no Custom Moves-apparently the game tells you flat out he has none.

yikes, EVO just got more complicated.

FimPhym

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0920-2129-8093
Hi! I'm hardly a reputable name but I didn't find this in the thread already and it was very easy to check. The damage on Dedede's moves are unchanged. I did a quick run through of the damage values before and after patch in training mode, sweet and sour spots. They're not very exciting but here are my very rough notes.

Before
Jab 16%
Ftilt 11
Dtilt 10/6
Utilt 12/10
Fsmash 24
Dsmash 13
Upsmash 14/9
Dash 16/13
Bair 16
Nair 7/12
Fair 12
Dair 15/8
Uair 12
Pummel 3
Dthrow 6
Fthrow 10
Bthrow 13
Uthrow 9
Inhale 10
Gordo 14-9, hammer 10
Jethammer 11-38 (ground) 10-27 (air)

After

Jab 16%
Ftilt 11
Dtilt 10/6
U tilt 12/10
Fsmash 24
Dsmash 13
Usmash 14/9
Dash attack 16/13
Bair 16
Nair 7/12
Fair 12
Uair 12
Dair 15/8
Pummel 3
Dthrow 6
Fthrow 10
Bthrow 13
Uthrow 9
Inhale 10
Gordo 14-9, hammer 10
Jet hammer 11-38 (ground) 10-27 (air)

Didn't investigate anything else like physics changes, weight, frame data or whatever else, but at the very least he is unchanged in terms of damage.

Edit: forgot to test nair after patch. Surprise! no change

Last edited:

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Peach: Removed bug where she could do an Fsmash (hold A while plucking a turnip and keep holding while doing a side smash on the C-stick) while holding a turnip.

Except for this bug fix that nobody used or care about, she is unchanged. Edit: I see the Ftilt thing was already in the first post.'

Never mind. This is probably because you had to hold A while doing Down B. Doing so will now result in a Dsmash. It doesn't seem to be a Peach specific change (and nobody used the bug anyway).

Peach: Unchanged.

Zelda: Fsmash may be harder to fall out of? They still do fall out of it though, but not as often it seems. Otherwise unchanged.

Last edited:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Can someone please check/confirm these buffs to Lucina; just to make sure they're accurate

fair .5%
d tilt .5%
shield breaker .5-1%
full shield breaker 1%

Jab speed buffed (?)
D-air meteor hitbox Expanded (?)
More or less what I got on my research, so yes, she's confirmed to be buffed. It's only matter to wait for actual data.

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
I'm so happy that Wii Fit Trainer looks to have been buffed!

Her smash attack range was the one thing that bothered me. Not too fussed about my Sheik, as she is good enough, but I'll have to see what is going on with Ness.

PK_Wonder

Smash Lord
I can't wait for the OP to have more officially confirmed updates.

I'm hearing Ness' bthrow is slightly nerfed. Can anyone confirm?

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
No confirms. People are saying its the same while others are saying its nerf or buffed.
Sonic's Bthrow, on the other hand....

onto the custom end of things, were any changes made to Piston Punch and Counter Timber?

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
So I just got the patch (but haven't gotten my Mewtwo codes...). I can confirm the set of normal 8-player smash stages is the same, but it seems like there are more omegas available now? Literally the only six you can't pick are Final Destination, the new Mario Circuit, Skyloft, Coliseum, Boxing Ring, and Wuhu Island. This is true whether you have a full 8 players or just 6. I could swear there were fewer before, but I don't have a list of previously legal 8-player omegas handy.

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
So I just got the patch (but haven't gotten my Mewtwo codes...). I can confirm the set of normal 8-player smash stages is the same, but it seems like there are more omegas available now? Literally the only six you can't pick are Final Destination, the new Mario Circuit, Skyloft, Coliseum, Boxing Ring, and Wuhu Island. This is true whether you have a full 8 players or just 6. I could swear there were fewer before, but I don't have a list of previously legal 8-player omegas handy.
Yep, more were added. The details I found from a helpful guy on anothe forum.

3DS
Note: Replay data that is saved in the game prior to the patch update will no longer be playable after the update.
– Added a new functionality for purchasing DLC
– Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.

Wii U:
– Users will be able to purchase DLC from Nintendo eShop.
– Share mode has been added:
– Users will be able to post photos, replay data, Mii Fighter data, and Custom stage data to the official server to share with other users around the world. Users will also be able to search and download the content as well
        *Users can only post their own content. Content posted to the server will be deleted after 30 days.
– Users will be able to post photos and Custom stages to Miiverse from within the game (Photos will be posted to the official Snapshot Sharing Community and Custom stages will be posted to the official Stage Sharing Community
– Users can download data from the server to Super Smash Bros. for Wii U if there is an activation button in the images posted on Miiverse.
– Users will be able to share and exchange photos, replay data, Mii Fighter data, and Custom stage data with users on their Nintendo 3DS Friend List.
        • Content will be received when the Nintendo 3DS is connected to the Internet
        • It may take some time to receive the data
        • Content uploaded to the server will be deleted from the server after 30 days.
– Added 6 new 8-Player Stages
    – Omega Stages:
        • Delfino Plaza
        • Port Town Aero Dive
        • Woolly World
        • Orbital Gate Assault
        • Wii Fit Studio
        • Pilotwings
– Adjustments have also been made to balance the game and make for a more pleasant gaming experience.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
I did a few quick tests that I found really notable.

Sonic's default side special seems to do a lot less damage, but Hammer Spin Dash is unchanged so Hammer Spin Dash is actually now more damaging. Hammer Spin Dash is now better in every way that matters. I'm unsure of the kind of damage down special used to do, but whether you brought default Spin Dash or Hammer Spin Dash doesn't seem to affect the damage of Spin Charge (and Gravitational Spin Charge still does the same damage as default Spin Charge).

Order Tackle no longer seems to be reflectable; when I try against Fox it hits him out of a held reflector. This would seem to suggest that the glitch is no longer possible.

Metal B

Smash Journeyman
No changes on some infamous Custom Moves shows, that we need to be included Custom Moves NOW in tournaments or they will properly never truly be fixed. Many bugs and balance issues are sill in the game after the patch, since people are not vocal about them. A major tournament will create enough attention, so that Nintendo actually notice those problems.

NNID
Kid Craft 24
3DS FC
3823-8516-6187
Sonics burning spin dash custom has lost its invincibility frames during its first dash. Which means its susceptible to being hit by projectiles now
Vertical jumping hitbox on spin attacks damage reduced 6% > 3%
Uthrow knockback increased slightly (im unable to uthrow spring into uair anymore past 100)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom