• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rob_TH

Smash Rookie
NNID
Roverthor
Toon Link's first hit of the dsmash seems to be changed, now you can't instaKO low recovery characters with it, since it looks like it will always make both hits. Nothing more of him seems changed, except from the Fsmash/Ftilt thing

Quickhero

Smash Ace
NNID
Quickbobhero
3DS FC
4441-9316-1706
Apparently marth's dthrow now true combos into up air
Marth's d-throw at early percents was always able to combo to u-air.

Only changes to Marth that I have noticed so far is a reduced landing lag on d-air (seems to be agreed on in the Marth boards) and DB is likely slightly faster. Obviously continue to test, I'm just notifying what so far is agreed upon.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Confirmed that the OMEGA stage of Lylat is definitely fixed and no longer stuffs recoveries.

hidensheik11

Smash Apprentice
What does the acronym KB stand for? For instance sonics backthrow and robs upthrow KB was reduced. Thanks

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Mr. Game & Watch's Utilt was nerfed. it has more knockback and sends the opponent behind you. You can still combo into Nair both from utilt and at mid percents however.

ChimaeraUltimo

Smash Cadet
In lieu of official patch notes we will be opting for community based patch notes (again). But either way or otherwise, the discussion of the what's changed in this patch is to be kept to here. Besides the title teasing otherwise, Mewtwo discussion should be kept to relevant character discussion forums.

Compared to what became a really clean list of changes thanks to @Aerodrome, the initial impact before we get data dumps from @Dantarion / others will be messy and full of speculation, placebo effect and confirmation bias. Multiple trusted sources confirming a change and/or visual comparisons will be required to make the shortlist of changes listed here in the mean time. We may yet again have engine changes (such as DI, rage, ledges, etc) to worry about.

For the sake of everyone's sanity please try to be somewhat certain before stating a change, and remember the search feature exists for use within a thread~

Code:
[b]:4mewtwo:Character[/b]
[size=4][b]Action[/b][/size] ~change~ (proof)
Refer to here for character's previous damage values for comparisons: http://smashboards.com/threads/comp...-every-character-now-with-ko-percents.383550/

Confirmed Changes

:4mii::4miif:Engine:substitute::substitute:
  • A + B together produces smash attacks
  • Tilting the analog stick + smash stick together no longer produces tilts, but rather smash attacks. [NOOOOOOOOOOO]
  • :lylat: Lylat Cruise edges (including Omega) changed to "slope" recoveries (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1KfENM50ME)
:4diddy:Diddy Kong
Up Air Damage 8% -> 6% [KB reductions?]
Forward Air Damage 12/10% -> 10/8%
Up Throw 10% -> 8%
Down Throw 7% -> 6%

:4sheik:Sheik
Bair 10% -> 7%

:4lucina:Lucina
Fair, Dtilt, Fsmash, Second hit Dsmash, uncharged shieldbreaker approx. 0.5% damage increases
Fully charged shieldbreaker approx. 1% damage increase

:4miisword:Swordfighter
Dtilt 6% -> 8%
Nair 5% -> 8%

:4sonic:Sonic
Back Throw KB reduced

:4rob:R.O.B.
Up Throw KB reduced
Seemingly unchanged
:4villagerf::4greninja::rosalina::4bowser::4lucario::4yoshi:
:4mewtwo:Mewtwo
Playability
NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T REGISTER BOTH VERSIONS WITH CLUB NINTENDO... :<

1.0.4 3DS / 1.0.1 WiiU Community Patch Notes
These are the shulk changes i could find, feel free to point out anything i may have missed!

Jab: No changes
Ftilt: Blade now has a chance to trip
Beam now does more than 11.5, around 11.8%
Utilt: Both beam and blade do 8%
Dtilt: No changes
Dash attack: No changes
Fsmash: Buffed KB: kills at 95% (uncharged) on FD, didn't do that before(I think)
Dsmash: No changes
Usmash: Buffed KB???
Nair: No changes
Fair: No changes
Dair: Hit 1 (grounded opponent)7%, hit 1 (Aerial)5%, hit 2 does 10%, beam and blade.
Bair: No changes
Uair: No changes
Pummel: No changes
Back Throw: No changes
Forward Throw: No changes
Down Throw: No changes
Up Throw: No changes
Neutral Special: ???
Side Special: 10% hitbox can trip
Up Special: Second hit grab box is slightly higher up
Down special: ???

Goggalor

Smash Cadet
Besides his grab, what other changes does Pac-Man have? I'm not noticing any.
Not sure what all was mentioned here already, but this is what I've noticed as well as some kind folks from the Pac thread.

-Side-B is shorter
+ Deals more damage/kills sooner
+F-Smash and U-Smash kill sooner
+All kicks connect with D-Air better and can kill at around 150% - 170%

Don't know how much of this is confirmed, but it's something to note.

Amazing Ampharos

Balanced Brawl Designer
Writing Team
Could someone else check out Order Tackle not being reflectable? I found it but to be in the OP we need multiple sources. That's kinda a huge deal since that fixes a major bug for team play. It's also something that may not be evident when we get a 3ds dump unlike random damage/knockback/move start-up changes.

I still only see three projectiles from auto-reticle. Did you do anything special to get the fourth?

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
Why would they make Lylat's edges work like a shape they're clearly not?
Let's just automatize the entire recovery-process while we're at it. No precision needed.
Actually, the ledges ARE shaped that way now.

Also, because many recoveries are just plain ass and we don't need the characters with those recoveries sliding any further down the tier list than they already are.

Soma X

Smash Rookie
2 things I noticed

Robins wind jab is much better now (someone confirm please)

Ness's bat makes a cracking sound when hitting projectiles now

Will update if/when i find more

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
For the sake of everyone's sanity please try to be somewhat certain before stating a change, and remember the search feature exists for use within a thread~
:happysheep:
:4pacman::happysheep:

Last edited:

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Here to say the angels have no immediately noticable changes. After the last patch ignored them I'm not surprised they've been ignored again.

Tag me if you want me to test something angel related. I've already gone through the official Pit and Dark Pit topic.

Conda

aka COBBS - Content Creator (Toronto region)
The changes to Lylat's ledges are MORE THAN WELCOME. :p

Did they change it so selecting Smashville will have a 50% chance to choose another stage instead? :yeahboi: (causetheyshouldhaveharhar)

Excited guys & gals, can't wait to see the confirmed changes be reported.

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
So a property of the stage requires careful usage of recovery and might be slightly disadvantageous for some characters?
Gee, sounds like basically every other stage in the history of smash for certain characters.
We have stagestriking and stagebans for a reason.

(The old ledges were still way better than Melee BF ayyy)
It's not just about tournaments. They did this for everyone playing FG as well (which is a huge number) and they're dealing with latency as well.

Honestly, its not the ledges that make Lylat crap but the three tilting pieces of the stage that randomly interrupt moves.

Also, a quality of life change: going to save a replay now automatically highlights "OK" instead of "No" which just makes sense.

Doomes

Smash Rookie
Just noticed this change on Wii U after setting my amiibo up to farm: The gamepad no longer shows the character screen in consecutive matches if you have turned it off in the first one, it goes right to the fight. I used to have to click it off every match to see the fight. Simple and small, but useful for some.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
Using the linked max damage chart, Charizard's uthrow now does 11% (up from 8%).

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
I'd like to do some definitive testing of flying slam's new control. Would someone be so kind as to friend me and PM me with skype so we can talk during the match?

TheRealSmashBro

Thanks!

FG is different because that's the topic of Omega Lylat, which is perfectly fine to change(Omegas are supposed to be like FD, after all). I don't mind that change(The ledges even look more like \¯¯¯¯/ than /¯¯¯\ )
Ah, okay, though for fun folks still suffer from it.

Though, like I said, it's the fact that the stage is actually 3 platforms that tilt that makes it lousy for competitive play, IMO, though that's a topic for another thread.

Last edited:

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
Samus missles are noticably faster. (i think)
Also first hit of zair does at leasy 1.5 damage since landing 2 zairs now made 9 percent over 8

Last edited:

Terotrous

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1762-2767-5898
Samus USmash seems to link better now. I tried doing it as both a juggle and vs standard enemies and it was usually getting all hits.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Charizards Uthrow does 11% instead of 8%
Fthrow and Dthrow do 1% more damage.
Flare blitz recoil is increased by 1% for on hit and missing with it.

Skylit

Smash Cadet
NNID
Skylit
Wait, Link's jab lock is removed but fox's isn't? Link's jab lock wasn't even a true infinite. Now that Link's jab 1 has more lag to it, I can't convert it to a grab, down smash, down tilt (etc) Fast enough before my opponent Sheilds or rolls. His ultimate setup is gone :/

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
On Link's jab 1, the endlag got increased by 8 frames. That seems excessive. Went from one of the fastest jabs (in terms of total frames) to one of the slowest.

Other than that he feels unchanged...

Last edited:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Fthrow and Dthrow damage have stayed the same (10% and 6% respectively) at a glance. Perhaps they do 10.5% and 6.5%? But I think we'd need deeper data to make sure.

However Flare Blitz does take 10% instead of 9% recoil damage now on hit and 5% instead of 4% on whiff

These are the shulk changes i could find, feel free to point out anything i may have missed!

Jab: No changes
Ftilt: Blade now has a chance to trip
Beam now does more than 11.5, around 11.8%
Utilt: Both beam and blade do 8%
Dtilt: No changes
Dash attack: No changes
Fsmash: Buffed KB: kills at 95% (uncharged) on FD, didn't do that before(I think)
Dsmash: No changes
Usmash: Buffed KB???
Nair: No changes
Fair: No changes
Dair: Hit 1 (grounded opponent)7%, hit 1 (Aerial)5%, hit 2 does 10%, beam and blade.
Bair: No changes
Uair: No changes
Pummel: No changes
Back Throw: No changes
Forward Throw: No changes
Down Throw: No changes
Up Throw: No changes
Neutral Special: ???
Side Special: 10% hitbox can trip
Up Special: Second hit grab box is slightly higher up
Down special: ???
Where are you getting all these trip chances....?

For KB values, did you compare them with the old version?

F-tilt's damage output tipped is 11.5%. Not 11.8%. 6 f-tilts got me 69.0%. If it were 11.8%, I'm suppose to rack up 70% (70.8%) damage. D-air's damage output has always been like that. It still hasn't changed. Up B's grab box? You mean its auto-snapping? That could be placebo y'know. It feels the same. Vision is still being tested.

I know your excited for the patch changes but if you only feel like there's a change, don't post it. At least ask someone to test it for you before going to this thread

Only change known for Shulk atm is that the "All Monado" glitch was removed

Last edited:

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
On Link's jab 1, the endlag got increased by 8 frames. That seems excessive. Went from one of the fastest jabs (in terms of total frames) to one of the slowest.

Other than that he feels unchanged...
It's not exactly that way. It still Links into Jab 2 as fast, but if you want to do something else you have to go to idle animation first, so you can't jab cancel with it anymore at all.

TriTails

Smash Lord
Someone in Luigi boards stated that:
- U-smash has a visual change
- Luigi now moves forward when using it
- No longer has head invincibility

Can anyone confiirm these?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
@ #HBC | Red Ryu #HBC | Red Ryu Fthrow and Dthrow damage have stayed the same (10% and 6% respectively) at a glance. Perhaps they do 10.5% and 6.5%? But I think we'd need deeper data to make sure.

However Flare Blitz does take 10% instead of 9% recoil damage now on hit and 5% instead of 4% on whiff
Might be the .5 thing but I don't rembrr fresh throws doings 11 out of the gate, you might be right though.

Recoil damage however is definitely changed.

Last edited:

Kosaki

Smash Cadet
You can no longer execute smash attacks while holding an item (holding A with item, and using C-stick for the smash attacks).
Tested it with Bowser Jr and its Mechakoopas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom