• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
@Babar-Thorbald I'm sure you're right, it's just that the max damage chart linked in the OP doesn't go into decimals for damage, so it's hard for me to confirm something like that at a glance.

@Kosaki I just tested it with Link and his bombs and got the same result. Link does a funny little twitch like he's trying to start the smash attack but then just returns to neutral stance. item smash dancing confirmed?

Or maybe just Link's schizophrenia

And tried with Toon Link, same result

Last edited:

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Charizards Uthrow does 11% instead of 8%
Fthrow and Dthrow do 1% more damage.
Flare blitz recoil is increased by 1% for on hit and missing with it.
10 F- throws gives 100%. (10%)
10 B-throws gives 100%. (10%)
10 U-throws give 110% (11%)
10 D-throws gives 60%. (6%)

The only damage that has increased in his throws is his U-throw, unless there is some weight/z-axis shenanigans giving you extra damage on other characters. These are exactly what happens to Mario when you throw him as Charizard

Last edited:

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
If this is true I may have to like, quit the game.
This in itself is one of the major reasons why I prefer Brawl's (and Smash 4s) engine over melee. It's just apart of how I use my moves... I NEVER ACTUALLY TILT and A... it's always c sticking things... just... can't..
ugh

how I do everything out of perfect pivots or dashes just got ruined pretty much.
So gg 5-6 years of tech skill !_!
lol wut. how is it gonna be that much harder to perfect pivot tilt by not using the cstick? just learn it shaya. more like 5-6 years of lack of tech skill. if you are perfect pivoting properly then learning how to tilt should be easy. it require pretty much the same soft touch lool.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Also, I would like Verification that the knockback of Charizards U-throw has been decreased. While I do play Charizard I am not dedicated to him, however U-throw is not killing at expected percents. A dedicated Charizard main may likely be able to confirm whether or not this has been decreased.

TriTails

Smash Lord
First two are true.
Not sure on the head invincibility, just tried Usmashing a bomb and doesn't work but not sure if that worked before anyways.
If the head invincibility is removed... well, ****.

Range buffs (He moves forward now right? So more range?) don't cut it when you take off his powerful anti-air...

:4luigi:: GIMME MY BRAWL F-SMASH NAW!

Last edited:

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
CONFIRMED: Bowser has DECIDEDLY more control over the trajectory of flying slam now.

Haven't tested the exact numbers, but even at 45%, Bowser klawing a 0% opponent was able to steer the move in his direction slightly while the opponent was holding the other direction completely! :D

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Also, I would like Verification that the knockback of Charizards U-throw has been decreased. While I do play Charizard I am not dedicated to him, however U-throw is not killing at expected percents. A dedicated Charizard main may likely be able to confirm whether or not this has been decreased.
It never was that good with knock back, Dthrow kills way better in terms of knock back.

I can test at home, but it would sometimes combo Uthrow to fair at low percentages.

RadioactiveMoth

Smash Cadet
Alright. I am a Pikachu main. I love Pikachu. He is my baby. I checked all of his moves. Nothing changed.

Tilts:
U-Tilt - 5%
D-Tilt - 6%
F-Tilt - 8-10%

Aerials:
Nair - 8% Sweet, 5% Sour
UpAir: 5%
Bair: 8% total
Dair:

No changes.

Smashes:
F-Smash - 18%-25% sweetspot
15%-21% sourspot
12%-16% Supersourspot (After the ball)

D-Smash - 13%-18%

U-Smash - 14%-19% Sweetspot
13%-18% Neutralspot
7%-9% Back Sourspot (Behind Pikachu)

Grabs:
F-Throw - 10%
D-Throw - 8%
U-Throw - 4%
B-Throw - 9%

Specials:
T-Jolt - 4% -6%
Skullbash - Uncharged is 9%, Charged is 21%. I don't notice any KB difference.
Thunder - 15% if next to Pika when thunder hits him, 8% with bolt, 6% from the base, and if spiked down into Pikachu, I think it does 15%. Not sure though. If you know otherwise, please tell me.

In other words, nothing changed, as far as I know.

I'll be checking Charizard for a friend, and Jigglypuff as she is my second. I'll be posting these later in this thread.

ThatGeoDude

Smash Rookie
NNID
GeoDude
3DS FC
5241-2073-4660
Did Pit also went through these changes?

If not...

:4darkpit:: That's for ripping off my look.
Just checked the knockback, its the same thing lol. Although I can't say much else about the rest of pits attacks since most of them do more damage at the tip, I can test that later, kinda sleepy right now.

J_the_Man

Smash Apprentice
NNID
J_the_Man24
Given that Lylatt has been altered, can anyone confirm (I'm working on it right now myself) that the Mario Circuit glitch has been dealt with?

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
It's not exactly that way. It still Links into Jab 2 as fast, but if you want to do something else you have to go to idle animation first, so you can't jab cancel with it anymore at all.
Yeah, that's what I meant by the endlag being increased by 8. IASA frames into jab 2 were unchanged.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
But hey, thank God for the Mii costume packs! Exactly what I was waiting for.
I can't front because purchasing them is the first thing I did when the patch loaded.
My Dunban Mii can finally be more authentic.

It never was that good with knock back, Dthrow kills way better in terms of knock back.

I can test at home, but it would sometimes combo Uthrow to fair at low percentages.
Im certainly aware it wasn't spectacular, but I was under the assumption that it would kill ~ @203%, and its not killing Mario/Pit till what 230+% for me. Which either means a misunderstanding from the pastebin (which is fine), or they've counteracted the increased damage by decreasing the KB, which wouldn't be out of the ordinary. I assumed it would kill earlier due to the effect of increased damage on KB, but for it to be killing later says otherwise.

Last edited:

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
oh okay, it remembers profile names selected even if you leave a match offline as well. great change!

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
I'm hearing from multiple reliable Mega Man sources that the final hit of U-Air appears to send people higher at first glance. This is almost certainly a buff in base knockback and is likely accompanied with a knockback growth nerf to balance it out.

In the previous version, everything but the final hit was fixed knockback, while the final hit had pitiful BKB and obscene KBG--

U-Air
  1. Frame 1- 7: [3%]x3 100f/70w 92° 0.2-Hitlag 0.7-SDI Slash
  2. Frame 8-21: [2%]x3 100f/80w 92° 0.2-Hitlag 0.7-SDI Slash
  3. Frame 22-44: [1%]x5 100f/80w 92° 0.2-Hitlag 0.7-SDI Slash
  4. Frame 45-46: 2% 5b/260g (KO@ 231%) 92° 0.2-Hitlag 0.7-SDI Slash
tl;dr--Low-percent Mega Man falling U-Air -> jumping U-Air combos aren't really a thing anymore, but the increased BKB likely means KOs at lower percents will work when you catch people high up.

Last edited:

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
At first I thought Zelda was 100% unchanged, (Which is really sad lol.) but upon closer inspection of her multi-hit smash attacks, there is little doubt to me that Fsmash (And quite possibly Usmash.) received a tiny bit of tuning improving their possibility of connecting all the way through.

Fsmash on ZSS in 1.0.4-5, it would cause ZSS to be shot behind her in a tumble animation, even when ZSS was on the ground. Now, ZSS when hit by the multi-hits of Fsmash does not go into any tumble animation, even when tested at 999%. (Ground and air.) Sometimes I can still get it to drop characters, but now it takes more work to drop poeple (Other than just ZSS as well.) than it does to connect properly now. I'm not as sure that Usmash really got any improvements.

:4zelda:Zelda
Forward Smash
Some alteration(s) made to the loop hit-boxes strengthening its ability to connect properly.

Last edited:

Anonano

is the mano, ya know?
@ ChronoPenguin ChronoPenguin I tried using the KO% chart linked in the OP to figure this out. Couldn't see whether they used Mario on FD in the middle or at the starting location to test, or if they used FD and Mario at all, but the chart said uthrow would kill at 203% and I couldn't get it to kill until 216% from Mario's starting location (on the side of the stage as opposed to in the middle). So given I used the chart's methods of calculations, uthrow's knockback has been nerfed.

Which is probably a good thing, as it might lead into followups at very low percents.

Last edited:

Tf4 | Lukas

Smash Rookie
NNID
soldierofhis95
3DS FC
4167-4487-9196
In lieu of official patch notes we will be opting for community based patch notes (again). But either way or otherwise, the discussion of the what's changed in this patch is to be kept to here. Besides the title teasing otherwise, Mewtwo discussion should be kept to relevant character discussion forums.

Compared to what became a really clean list of changes thanks to @Aerodrome, the initial impact before we get data dumps from @Dantarion / others will be messy and full of speculation, placebo effect and confirmation bias. Multiple trusted sources confirming a change and/or visual comparisons will be required to make the shortlist of changes listed here in the mean time. We may yet again have engine changes (such as DI, rage, ledges, etc) to worry about.

For the sake of everyone's sanity please try to be somewhat certain before stating a change, and remember the search feature exists for use within a thread~

Code:
[b]:4mewtwo:Character[/b]
[size=4][b]Action[/b][/size] ~change~ (proof)
Refer to here for character's previous damage values for comparisons: http://smashboards.com/threads/comp...-every-character-now-with-ko-percents.383550/

Confirmed Changes

:4mii::4miif:Engine:substitute::substitute:
  • A + B together produces smash attacks
  • Tilting the analog stick + smash stick together no longer produces tilts, but rather smash attacks. [NOOOOOOOOOOO]
  • :lylat: Lylat Cruise edges (including Omega) changed to "slope" recoveries (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_1KfENM50ME)
:4diddy:Diddy Kong
Up Air Damage 8% -> 6% [KB reductions?]
Forward Air Damage 12/10% -> 10/8%
Up Throw 10% -> 8%
Down Throw 7% -> 6%

:4sheik:Sheik
Bair 10% -> 7%

:4lucina:Lucina
Fair, Dtilt, Fsmash, Second hit Dsmash, uncharged shieldbreaker approx. 0.5% damage increases
Fully charged shieldbreaker approx. 1% damage increase

:4miisword:Swordfighter
Dtilt 6% -> 8%
Nair 5% -> 8%

:4sonic:Sonic
Back Throw KB reduced

:4rob:R.O.B.
Up Throw KB reduced

:4kirby:Kirby
Down Throw Damage 6 -> 10%
Inhale acts out faster

:4ganondorf:Ganondorf
Jab Damage increased by 1% (6-9% -> 7-10%)

:4pacman:Pacman
Grab slightly faster animation

:4charizard:Charizard
Up Throw 8% -> 11%
Flare Blitz Self Damage 4% -> 5%

Seemingly unchanged
:4lucario::4zss::4yoshi::4shulk::rosalina::4villagerf::4luigi::4dedede::4mario::4falcon::4pit::4darkpit::4dk:
:4mewtwo:Mewtwo
Playability
NOT FOR PEOPLE WHO DIDN'T REGISTER BOTH VERSIONS WITH CLUB NINTENDO... :<

1.0.4 3DS / 1.0.1 WiiU Community Patch Notes
Rosalina's N-air has been changed from 7-10% to 5-7%. Not sure if KB has been decreased.

RoachCake

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RoachCake
3DS FC
2621-3061-7090
I can say this with 99% certainty, Samus' F-tilt now has 4 hitboxes.
A 5%(sour) hit, 6%(sour) hit, 7%(sweet?) hit and 8%(sweet) hit, instead of only a 7%(sweet) hit and 6%(sour) hit.
Could be considered a buff or a nerf, I see it as a buff.

You can even test for yourself and see.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
Regarding Robin @ Shaya Shaya

I can confirm NEW CHANGES (Testing 3 versions: 1.02 3DS, 1.05 3DS, 1.06 Wii U):

RobinF Levin Sword Durability Indicator Glitch FIXED (Did not Flash for Female in previous Wii U versions)
Wind jab is faster, Hits connect significantly more consistently, including the final hit.
Books no longer disappear (despite being picked up) if they touch a platform. (BATTLEFIELD BUFF)

All damage values are identical.
Dash/Walk and Airspeeds are the same.

That's all I've got for sure for the moment.

@ Pazzo. Pazzo. (you asked to be tagged)

Road Death Wheel

Smash Champion
NNID
Kairos-Xman
3DS FC
2406-5636-9789
i felt like her sweet spot kicks were more leanient to land.
At first I thought Zelda was 100% unchanged, (Which is really sad lol.) but upon closer inspection of her multi-hit smash attacks, there is little doubt to me that Fsmash (And quite possibly Usmash.) received a tiny bit of tuning improving their possibility of connecting all the way through.

Fsmash on ZSS in 1.0.4-5, it would cause ZSS to be shot behind her in a tumble animation, even when ZSS was on the ground. Now, ZSS when hit by the multi-hits of Fsmash does not go into any tumble animation, even when tested at 999%. (Ground and air.) Sometimes I can still get it to drop characters, but now it takes more work to drop poeple (Other than just ZSS as well.) than it does to connect properly now. I'm not as sure that Usmash really got any improvements.

:4zelda:Zelda
Forward Smash
Some alteration(s) made to the loop hit-boxes strengthening its ability to connect properly.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
@ ChronoPenguin ChronoPenguin I tried using the KO% chart linked in the OP to figure this out. Couldn't see whether they used Mario on FD in the middle or at the starting location to test, or if they used FD and Mario at all, but the chart said uthrow would kill at 203% and I couldn't get it to kill until 216% from Mario's starting location (on the side of the stage as opposed to in the middle). So given I used the chart's methods of calculations, uthrow's knockback has been nerfed.

Which is probably a good thing, as it might lead into followups at very low percents.
It uses center stage as the starting point. Given that it seems fairly drastic.
Kirbys Down-throw is killing earlier then previously recorded, probably due to the increased damage he has received. So unless the pastebin is wrong, they specifically went in to decrease the U-throw KB.
I feel this is fairly decent supporting evidence of a decreased KB in tandem with your results. Though perhaps its the angle.

Last edited:

ADAPT Chance

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Adaptchance
3DS FC
4613-8804-8708
Mega Man not being able to f-tilt / f-smash anymore while holding Metal Blades is a change I'm not a fan of.

His Leaf Shield now throws faster (less recovery frames).

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
So I was playing as Shulk and managed to escape a Fox jab lock by DI'ing away from the jabs, after about 5 sets of jabs. Before the patch, I recall this was inescapable. Can anyone confirm this?

EDIT: Ike and Ganon can escape by DIing sideways after about 5 sets of jabs as well. I'm testing on 3DS, 1/4th speed, all of them at mid % (50-70). Something else I noticed is they can jump almost immediately after the 3rd set of jabs, though they get clipped by the next jab. Could it be possible to shield after the 3rd jab?

Last edited:

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
Can someone confirm attached image?

Also, I heard there were doc buffs. Specifically that Fair does 17% with increased kb and that his U smash has horizontal kb

Attachments

YeahVeryeah

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4184-3623-5583

Uthrow to fair isnt comboing into anyone new so I highly doubt some super minor trajectory change on uthrow.

I gave a quick look doesn't look like zard got any less endlag on Mon his aerials or anything. Barring small damage buffs, the inllonly thing to check is bair and fly for startup and being easier to sweet spot, respectively. Sadly my 3dsmash is in a fiends car, so I only have SMASH U.

Spark31

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Spark311
3DS FC
4940-5914-5196
Sheik's bair also has reduced KB. It has to hit at 180% on stage from the default spawn position with no DI to kill. I think it killed at 120% before.

Makorel

Smash Apprentice
Just did some pretty long tests on Dark Pit.

There are no damage changes to any of his attacks; however, there is indeed increased knock back on his Forward Smash and his Up Smash.

Fsmash can KO Mario from the middle of FD at 115%, as opposed to 125% on the previous patch.

Up Smash can KO Mario as early as 115% now, as opposed to 123% on the previous patch.

Fighter weight differences will undoubtedly change the percentages at which DP can KO, but the increased knock back is confirmed.
I've been testing upsmash and I can only get this to work sometimes. I've never examined this move too closely before but it seems to have some sort of sweetspot on the third hit that deals more knockback that the second hit doesn't always link into.

Also that's without Mario D.I.ing or vectoring or whatever. With proper D.I. 123% is still the definite kill point.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
No changes for :4wario: that I can note of. Everything seems the same to me.

ama99

Smash Journeyman
Link's Dthrow and Uthrow both seem to have less knockback. Dthrow can now setup bairs and Usmashes.

dav3yb

Smash Journeyman
Has anyone tested to see if bowsers side b still:

A: kills him first off stage, and
B: kills him first consistently across all stages now?

His side b would, on some stages, result in a double ko, thus kicking you to sudden death

RadioactiveMoth

Smash Cadet
Alright! Charizard time!

Changes:
-I think rocksmash got buffed. According to the framedata I found in the guide section, it should do a max total of 23%, but it now does 29%.
EDIT:
Here's a gif of Rock Smash doing 29% on Lucina. If you get every hit in, it seems to do 29%.

According to frame data for 1.0.4, the three hit boxes do 14%, 6%, and then 3%. This equals 23, which means Rock Smash has been buffed.

-I think his up throw also got buffed. It does 11%, and according to frame data, it should do 8% Not sure if I'm reading it wrong.

That's all the changed I found with him. I can't judge knockback since I don't play as him. I ask anyone who mains/seconds him to see if they notice anything, and tell me. If you do, I'll add it to my post.

Next up is Jigglypuff!

Last edited:

Lanayru3

Smash Rookie
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what exactly was wrong with Lylat Cruise's ledges before the patch? I don't own a Wii U so I've never played on it, and I haven't really seen many matches on that stage.

Enrel

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kyurian86
Sorry for my lack of knowledge, but what exactly was wrong with Lylat Cruise's ledges before the patch? I don't own a Wii U so I've never played on it, and I haven't really seen many matches on that stage.
They were hard edges and anyone without a purely vertical recovery got majorly gimped trying to recover resulting in death.

Dumbfire

Sex? Yes, I'm familiar with the theory
NNID
AncientSunlight
Has anyone tested to see if bowsers side b still:

A: kills him first off stage, and
B: kills him first consistently across all stages now?

His side b would, on some stages, result in a double ko, thus kicking you to sudden death
Yeah. Bowser always dies first, apprently. But it's different with dash klaw, for some reason. Check the Bowser boards for up-to-date info: http://smashboards.com/threads/bows...n-update-3-27-15.368511/page-21#post-18991488

Also, Bowser now has far more influence over the Klaw trajectory.

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Regarding Robin @ Shaya Shaya

I can confirm NEW CHANGES (Testing 3 versions: 1.02 3DS, 1.05 3DS, 1.06 Wii U):

RobinF Levin Sword Durability Indicator Glitch FIXED (Did not Flash for Female in previous Wii U versions)
Wind jab is faster, Hits connect significantly more consistently, including the final hit.
Books no longer disappear (despite being picked up) if they touch a platform. (BATTLEFIELD BUFF)

All damage values are identical.
Dash/Walk and Airspeeds are the same.

That's all I've got for sure for the moment.

@ Pazzo. Pazzo. (you asked to be tagged)
Thank you.

That all sounds like good news.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom