• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
I rechecked all of Marth's moves. His only changes were the reduction in endlag for jab 1, jab 2, f-tilt, and grounded Dancing Blade 1. Everything else, at least frame-wise, is the same. Same goes for Lucina, naturally.

These are the numbers I have for Marth.
If this frame data is true, does this mean Greninja got a slight nerf to his jab? This says his jab is IASA frame 9 while the 1.0.4 frame data states it enabled a transition to jab 2 on real frame 8. On the other hand this says his pivot grab comes out on frame 14 while the 1.0.4 data says it used to come out frame 15.

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
If this frame data is true, does this mean Greninja got a slight nerf to his jab? This says his jab is IASA frame 9 while the 1.0.4 frame data states it enabled a transition to jab 2 on real frame 8. On the other hand this says his pivot grab comes out on frame 14 while the 1.0.4 data says it used to come out frame 15.
Greninja didn't get any frame changes. Jab transitions and pivot grabs are the moves that I seem to get 1 frame off from what the data dump says (probably due to animation change vs actual state change). But comparing my frame counting from 1.02 to 1.06, there weren't any changes there in either case.

Wow, you have more than just Marth. Thank you for working so hard for the community.
Thanks. I'm not a very competitive (or good) player, but I really like working with numbers/frames. So I figured I could at least contribute that.

Last edited:

Runic_SSB

Smash Ace
NNID
Runic_SSB
why isnt the OP updated with Jr? his DAir did got buffed with earlier end lag if hit on shield!
Correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't that just a general change that happened to benefit him? It should probably be in the changelog anyway, but still.

Last edited:

ZeldaZephyr

Smash Apprentice
Sorry about the vague info on Bowser in the 1.0.6/7 patch.

He has better control over the Trajectory of Flying Slam

But he still Self-Destructs before the grabbed Opponent is K'Oed.

Other stuff i found:

Bowser Jr.'s FSmash has a larger hitbox

Link lost his Jab cancel, But now can block Fox/Falco blaster shots

Link's spin attack power increased

Link also cannot spike near ledge

Yoshi has less ending lag on Fair

Mario/Bowser moves faster when dashing

Zapp Branniglenn

Smash Lord
Sorry about the vague info on Bowser in the 1.0.6/7 patch.

He has better control over the Trajectory of Flying Slam

But he still Self-Destructs before the grabbed Opponent is K'Oed.

Other stuff i found:

Bowser Jr.'s FSmash has a larger hitbox

Link lost his Jab cancel, But now can block Fox/Falco blaster shots

Link's spin attack power increased

Link also cannot spike near ledge

Yoshi has less ending lag on Fair

Mario/Bowser moves faster when dashing
Please, that's enough. Half of what you said is already confirmed in the OP with more detail, and the rest looks like 100% speculation. If you have a theory about something that's changed, then you must provide proof. Video evidence from pre patch and post patch versions of the game is best, but if you have no way to provide that, then give us a testing method so that we can see for ourselves.

Vipermoon

King Marth's most trusted advisor.
Switch FC
SW-3371-7457-0227
Yoshi's fair landing lag was broken before. Still broken now.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Alright, not sure if this is a change. It's not a gameplay thing, it's with replays. I'm watching my offline replays on my gamepad. When you start the first replay, the gamepad only shows the character portraits, with their stocks and percent. When you tap it, it switches to showing the match.
My question is, when I watch multiple replays of this type (Offline, Smash) I could have sworn it used to always start the match showing the portraits/stocks/percent, but now it only shows it for the first replay I watch, and the following ones default to showing the actual match.
So it's just a minor convenience change if it's real, does anyone remember it being the way I described?

LordWilliam1234

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
7820-3654-7995
Alright, not sure if this is a change. It's not a gameplay thing, it's with replays. I'm watching my offline replays on my gamepad. When you start the first replay, the gamepad only shows the character portraits, with their stocks and percent. When you tap it, it switches to showing the match.
My question is, when I watch multiple replays of this type (Offline, Smash) I could have sworn it used to always start the match showing the portraits/stocks/percent, but now it only shows it for the first replay I watch, and the following ones default to showing the actual match.
So it's just a minor convenience change if it's real, does anyone remember it being the way I described?
It's not just with replays. Playing any mode that would show the character portraits on the gamepad, it used to be you'd have to tap the screen to get the gamepad to display the match itself with every new match played, as you described. Now it remembers the option, similar to how it remembers names.

Another minor but neat change.

Last edited:

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Something not gameplay related, but I've noticed that the digital version of Smash Wii U runs a lot smoother in menu transitions, etc post-patch. For instance, the opening movie would nearly always desync the sound at the beginning (and play the "schink" sound twice) before. now it's smooth as butter. Thumbs up to that.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
The staff has had a discussion and due to conversation about facts drying up and most things lately concerning the patch amounting to either repeating already confirmed changes or speculation, this thread will be locked until @Dantarion has released his data dump allowing more concrete discussion to take place. We hope you understand and thank you for your patience until then.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
I did not see any mention of this in the other closed thread, so I will point it out here. Feel free to close this and/or add to the other thread, if possible.

I just recently updated from version 1.02, now that Mewtwo is available for those of us who do not own a 3DS. I would like to point out that Nintendo patched the rigged Master Orders glitch, which was insanely easy to exploit in 1.02, hence the reason why I postponed the update until yesterday. I made several videos detailing the exploit in that thread for those who missed out on the fun exploit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom