• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marteh

Smash Lord
NNID
Marteh
Not 100% sure.
However looks like the Shulk/Yoshi Egg glitch has been patched.

(Originally if Shulk's Monado art expired in an egg, he'd get a slight buff to speed, knockback, etc)

CyberHyperPhoenix

"Download Complete."
We had a false alarm last patch, but I think vectoring is out and DI is back in for real this time. Here's my data. I tested this with Diddy's uair (knock out two birds with one stone, eh?) against Mario from the side platform on Battlefield. This shouldn't be affected by any change in the move's properties or even possibly stage boundaries, the relative effect is what's important.

1.0.2:
Kills with Diddy and Mario at 140 with no DI or right/left DI
Kills with both at 138 with up DI
Kills with both at 142 with down DI

1.0.6:
Kills with both at 178, no DI
Kills with both at 191, DI away (angles far away from Diddy)
Kills with both at 173, DI in (angles straight up)
Kills with both at 176, DI up
Kills with both at 181, DI down

Also I didn't notice any effect with Diddy at 0 in either version but I don't know if it's that rage is gone (probably something we would have noticed) or if rage just doesn't have any effect in training mode.
The latter, rage has no effect in training mode

Not 100% sure.
However looks like the Shulk/Yoshi Egg glitch has been patched.

(Originally if Shulk's Monado art expired in an egg, he'd get a slight buff to speed, knockback, etc)
I think it was something along the lines of Monado Jump expiring within an egg caused all Arts to be active at once. Dunno if it was specifically Jump though.

Also Villager's grab is still F15, sob

Last edited:

Morrigan

/!\<br>\¡/
Changes to stage builder: 3 new floor designs (wood, stone, and colorful/pinkish removed).

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Rosalina & Luma appear to be completely unchanged from what I can tell, in case nobody has checked them out.

Nargacuga

Smash Rookie
NNID
WiseHorror
3DS FC
4811-7984-6827
Tested Zelda's attacks, damage appears unchanged. I'll test hit boxes further but they appear to be mostly the same.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
Dr. Mario's forward-aerial does 16% in Training Mode and 17% with freshness bonus, so it's been buffed by 1%.

Dr. Mario's up-smash has a new trajectory that kills of the sides?

Can someone else check if Toon Link's down-smash has been fixed so it properly connects into the second hit on fast-fallers?

Bair 10% -> 7% (Chibo)
That's the sour-spot. The sweet-spot has also been nerfed from 11% to 8%.

Last edited:

Metal Slug

Smash Rookie
NNID
MegiLuka
Fox Jab lock still there, (Unless I've been doing it wrong this whole time.)

And just some things I think changed for Lucina.

fsmash Buff 13%~15%

Neutral B (Full Charge) 21%~23%

Seems like her dthrow is easier to follow up on.

As well as seems the dair spike is a little easier to land.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Running and Indefinite Shadow Sneak removed for Greninja. On the other hand, Usmash second hit is now likely the same length as the first (or at least, first hit now always leads into second barring platform shenanigans. Before, if you hit with the first's tip, the second hit could miss. I have not been able to replicate that thus far).

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
I can confirm that holding down/up and using the c-stick now does smash attacks instead of tilts. Holding the c-stick (while set to smash) still locks out your ability to move in the air. I do not approve of this new input change...

DK's Kong Cyclone still autocancels, still has SA, still has crazy hitstun inducing windboxes, and still seems the same in damage and KB. Kong Cyclone untouched?

So far nothing really stands out to me as a change for DK except his Fsmash and Ftilt seem to not whiff as often as before. He charges the punch very slightly faster too.

Running and Indefinite Shadow Sneak removed for Greninja. On the other hand, Usmash second hit is now likely the same length as the first (or at least, first hit now always leads into second barring platform shenanigans. Before, if you hit with the first's tip, the second hit could miss. I have not been able to replicate that thus far).
Both of those Shadow Sneak Shenanigans have been out since the last patch.

Yikarur

Smash Master
Ingame Values are tested on Mii with 100% and Diddy Kong 0%. I firstly provide trainjng mode data so people can imagine how much it actually changed.

Diddy Kong changes
- fsmash ending lag slightly increased
- fair 12%/10% -> 10%/8%
- Upair 8% -> 6%
- Upair Training Mode Lightning on Mii 165% - 210% (104 -> 93)
- Strong Fair TM Lightning on Mii 150% -> 179% (92 -> 82)

RWB

Smash Ace
Mii Swordfighter's Up B 3(Hero Spin) seems to have been buffed in damage from 12 to 14(uncharged) and 16.8->19(Charged), while grounded. Aerial version seems unchanged.

Also, I might be wrong, but Shuriken of Light seems to go further now...

MaximalGFX

Smash Apprentice
I can confirm that holding down/up and using the c-stick now does smash attacks instead of tilts. Holding the c-stick (while set to smash) still locks out your ability to move in the air. I do not approve of this new input change...

DK's Kong Cyclone still autocancels, still has SA, still has crazy hitstun inducing windboxes, and still seems the same in damage and KB. Kong Cyclone untouched?

So far nothing really stands out to me as a change for DK except his Fsmash and Ftilt seem to not whiff as often as before. He charges the punch very slightly faster too.
Fsmash and Ftilt still whiff if they walk into you. Just like before, this is unchanged sadly.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
I guess it seems that I'm the only one that prefers this change.

Last edited:

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
Also ye have the Wii U version number wrong (unless NTSC is different to PAL). It says 1.0.6 on the title screen.

KERO

Smash Journeyman
Both of those Shadow Sneak Shenanigans have been out since the last patch.
I knew running Shadow Sneak was. Didn't know that indefinite had also been back then. Figured it was relevant enough to confirm for Wii U since it's new on it.

Katakiri

LV 20
NNID
Katakiri
3DS FC
2492-5180-2983
Meta Knight's landing lag install with aerial Dimensional Cape was removed. (Huge improvement!)
MK's N-Air landing lag was buffed to 18 frames instead of 20 frames:4metaknight:

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
I'm researching Lucina, but nothing feels changed. I guess I'll have to go more technical about this.
And it made a difference!
By comparing damages with THIS LIST, I got the following:
Some stuff on Lucina:
Dtilt 8.075>~8.75
Fsmash 14>15
Dsmash2 13>14
Fair 8>~8.6
Shield Breaker (Uncharged) 8>~8.6
Shield Breaker (Fullcharge) 21>23 (WHY?)
Still untested: Dancing Blade & Variants, Counter & Variants

Every timing felt exactly the same as before.

Confirmation still pending.

Chibi-Chan

Smash Journeyman
And it made a difference!
By comparing damages with THIS LIST, I got the following:
Some stuff on Lucina:
Dtilt 8.075>~8.75
Fsmash 14>15
Dsmash2 13>14
Fair 8>~8.6
Shield Breaker (Uncharged) 8>~8.6
Shield Breaker (Fullcharge) 21>23 (WHY?)
Still untested: Dancing Blade & Variants, Counter & Variants

Every timing felt exactly the same as before.

Confirmation still pending.
Positive that Marth Fsmash did NOT get a damage boost like that T_T

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Fox Jab lock still there, (Unless I've been doing it wrong this whole time.)

And just some things I think changed for Lucina.

fsmash Buff 13%~15%

Neutral B (Full Charge) 21%~23%

Seems like her dthrow is easier to follow up on.

As well as seems the dair spike is a little easier to land.
15% seems unchanged for Lucy's F-Smash, the unpatched also does 15% for Mario.

I can confirm however that SB 23% buff is a thing.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Mega Man boards seem to find him unchanged pending leaf shield projectile speed. Will update this post if anything changes.

Update: LS has multiple reports of being sent out sooner than pre patch. (The throwing of the LS, not the activation.)

Last edited:

Eriol-kun

Smash Rookie
NNID
Eriolkun
3DS FC
0619-3946-4344
Somehow I feel as if Captain Falcon's back-air is a little slower. Can anyone confirm on this?
:4falcon: Mostly feels the same to me, including bair.
What I haven't been able to do, though, is the edge slide-off with grab pummel, where you would slide off the stage with your opponent. Was this out on an earlier revision? Also feels like the slide is a bit shorter now.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Villager can't pocket Pac-Man's trampoline now! For some reason.

HoboJoe

Smash Rookie
Yoshi's Up B now does 6% instead of 5%, and I am 100% sure his Bair comes out significantly faster. Otherwise, I think he's mostly the same, but I want to say his down B does less damage and has less knockback, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

Edit: His down B definitely only does 15% now instead of 19%

Last edited:

Sandfall

Stage Designer
Lylat's ledges no longer stuff your recovery. You can now ride up them like any other wall.

Zappdos

Smash Cadet
Don't remember if I posted this before the site went down or not. Playing friendlys, piston punch is KOing 20-30 percent higher than before, shotput may of had a slight arc change.

Wasoodle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Wasoodle
BJ:
Forward air significantly faster, knock back significantly reduced, more hitboxes?
Back air faster, slightly less knock back
Mechakoopas faster

Olimar upsmash less ending lag?
Might just be my imagination, not sure.

Kirby down throw 6.5% -> 10%

Last edited:

HierophantGreen

Smash Rookie
NNID
GhostsNeverDie
Wii Fit's Up-Smash seems to have a hitbox on her shoulder now. It can hit Palutena from a standing position.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom