• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darth Tobito

Smash Cadet
NNID
darth_tobito
I think Charizard's Fly got nerfed but I don't have an non-updated version of the game. Can anyone confirm? It killed at 90ish before on Luigi I believe but now it's 95.

Gatoray

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gatoray
3DS FC
3024-5880-3045
POSSIBLE ENGINE CHANGE:

In the last version I remember that holding down + C-stick down (set to smash attacks) did a down-tilt instead. This no longer seems to be the case, and now a down smash comes out as expected. Can anyone confirm or deny this?

CatRaccoonBL

You can do it!
NNID
RaccoonBL
3DS FC
2294-4606-0767
I can confirm Lunar landing is still in for Rosalina. She seems to be the same so far, but I haven't finished testing.

Menk

Smash Cadet
feels like the AI DIs away from you all the time now

bowser jr's fsmash hitbox is bigger or better, hits a lot easier instead of whiffing last hit
lil mac side b in the air somewhere between original and nerf
shulk's air moves seem faster, especially fair

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
Each of the two hits of the Mii Brawler's forward aerial deal 1% less damage, and back aerial deals 10% instead of 12%.

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
These are the only Kirby changes I could find.

D-Throw now does 10%
Inhale is SIGNIFICANTLY faster in both start-up and end lag.
Final Cutter has pretty graphical effects added on.
My 3DS has the update my Wii U doesn't, so I'm testing a lot of stuff in paralell.

Inhale is faster on end lag, but NOT start-up as far as I can tell.

When set to 1/4 speed and pressing B on the same moment, the inhale wind animation started at the same time, but kirby could shield out of the move a little over a half second faster (at 1/4 speed), so maybe 10 frames?

RWB

Smash Ace
The Mii Swordfighter's down tilt deals 8% damage instead of 6%. Neutral aerial deals 8% damage instead of 5%.
Nair does 8% instead of 4% now. This is HUGE, since that's one of Sword Fighter's best aerials.

JesucristoCROW

Smash Rookie
NNID
jesucristocr0w
Little Mac got Buffed:
F-Tilt does 12% instead of 10%
Jolt Haymaker does 14% intead of 12%
KO Punch does 35% intead of 30%
2nd Jump goes a little bit more Higher
Just tested it
No changes on Recovery or Jolt Haymaker on air

Rage is indeed still in. Didn't know about training ignoring rage. Sorry for the misinformation folks.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
SAMUS BOMBS DETONATE ON ENEMY!
Each of the two hits of the Mii Brawler's forward aerial deal 1% less damage, and back aerial deals 10% instead of 12%.
Little Mac got Buffed:
F-Tilt does 12% instead of 10%
Jolt Haymaker does 14% intead of 12%
KO Punch does 35% intead of 30%
2nd Jump goes a little bit more Higher
Just tested it
No changes on Recovery or Jolt Haymaker on air
Can these be double checked?
I don't actually know if Samus' bombs didn't blow up when hitting someone prior to now?

Last edited:

CSDragon

Smash Journeyman
POSSIBLE ENGINE CHANGE:

In the last version I remember that holding down + C-stick down (set to smash attacks) did a down-tilt instead. This no longer seems to be the case, and now a down smash comes out as expected. Can anyone confirm or deny this?
+1 Confirm
On my Patched NEW 3DS it always downsmashes
On my Unpatched WiiU it d-tilts 90% of the time (but not 100)

Last edited:

Jehtt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TurboJett
When you switch between modes, such as Classic or Training, the nametag you last used remains.

N7Kopper

Smash Apprentice
NNID
N7Kopper
3DS FC
2895-9534-7967
Official List of Changes in 1.0.6 (Provided by Clash Tournaments)

Global Changes:
A + B is now a Smash Attack
This WOULD be useful for single-stick controllers like original 3DS if you could force all left stick + A inputs to be tilts regardless of speed of stick input (which would be useful in general, mind) but as it is, it just seems like a redundant feature. Or, even better, if you could map a button to smash inputs, and another to tilts only (with Robin's aerials being altered as appropriate, of course)

Rage is indeed still in.
Thankfully. I love the satisfaction of a survivability increase when I take that stock before my opponent does.

Last edited:

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
Samus bombs do not detonate on enemy. Could have different timer, since I'm not testing side by side.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Samus bombs to not appear changed in any way, that I can tell.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
POSSIBLE ENGINE CHANGE:

Please, don't let this be true....

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
The most important change would be the double jump adjustment. I didn't play Little Mac before enough to know if I am experiencing placebo or not, but from my recollection he jumps higher.

If you can disprove this then please do.
Mac still can't jump from the base of Duck Hunt to the tree without using side or up B. From that, I'd say it's not changed.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
The most important change would be the double jump adjustment. I didn't play Little Mac before enough to know if I am experiencing placebo or not, but from my recollection he jumps higher.

If you can disprove this then please do.
The double jump change is wrong. LM can still barely not reach the lower branch of the Duck hunt tree.

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
When an enemy is near Samus's bombs, the bombs detonate sooner than if the enemy wasn't.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
-Dthrow does have more Knockback, meaning without DI at 80% the UAir isnt a guarantee
- UAir has longer End Lag, takes much longer to do 2 UAir and even jump between them. if you connect 2 UAir its not a true combo
- UAir doesnt kill at 140% if used on the ground
- jabs has a really long "press a to proceed to next jab" meaning its hard to jab once and grab (unless its is as before)
- bananas disappear after the second throw once grabbed (not sure if it was before this update).
it could be an buff if you look through the other side, that the opponent cant grab your banana, toss it and make it be on the ground against you

my finds about diddy

- Link cant end his First Jab early, making his Jab Combo impossible

Last edited:

STGHMAAV

Smash Rookie
I found a funny error on this patch, that is on the Controls menu, they put the Gamecube controller icon for the Gamepad, WiiUProController and Classic and the Gamecube Controller has the Gamepad icon

Also, you can activate or disable rumble for all controllers you connect to the WiiU (if you activate it, and one name has rumble dissabled, it's still disabled)

Last edited:

TheOnlyGBeast

Smash Cadet
NNID
G-Beast
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
how accurate are Lucario's numbers(%) on ssbwiki? because if they are right for the previous patch and assuming 0% then he has received HEAVY damage nerfs at 0% across the board. I am only asking because it says 17.25% on Aura Sphere which seems a bit outlandish to me on no aura

RWB

Smash Ace
Mii Swordfighter's Side B 1(Airborne Assault) seems to have a higher baseline damage, but unchanged top damage. The wiki says it was 7.85% uncharged before, know it seems to be 10.5%

Can someone confirm?

WFT's Deep Breathing mechanics remain unchaged.

Lagless Header is still in.

Going to test hitbox stuff.

ZSS ftilt damage +1% on both sour and sweet spots, pretty sure.
You're probably angling it. It does 8% on the sweetspot when angled up or down compared to 7% when unangled.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Please, don't let this be true....
If this is true I may have to like, quit the game.
This in itself is one of the major reasons why I prefer Brawl's (and Smash 4s) engine over melee. It's just apart of how I use my moves... I NEVER ACTUALLY TILT and A... it's always c sticking things... just... can't..
ugh

how I do everything out of perfect pivots or dashes just got ruined pretty much.
So gg 5-6 years of tech skill !_!

Last edited:

LimitCrown

Smash Ace
NNID
LimitCrown
3DS FC
0903-2850-8324
The sweetspot and second hitbox of Samus's forward tilt deal 1% more damage. Basically, the two hitboxes of the attack when it isn't angled deal 8% and 7% while those hitboxes when angled deal 9% and 8% damage now.

RWB

Smash Ace
Could someone test Mii Swordfighters endlag after moves? He seems to go into shield much faster after a move than I remember him doing, but I don't want it to be just a placebo. I don't have a non-patched system so I can't check!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom