• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Mewtwo Patch (Version 1.0.6[7]) Thread [Updated: May 1st]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
If this is true I may have to like, quit the game.
This in itself is one of the major reasons why I prefer Brawl's (and Smash 4s) engine over melee. It's just apart of how I use my moves... I NEVER ACTUALLY TILT and A... it's always c sticking things... just... can't..
ugh

how I do everything out of perfect pivots or dashes just got ruined pretty much.
So gg 5-6 years of tech skill !_!
Sorry, but it seems true. Time to switch to the tilt stick for your PP tilts.

An odd change, and an annoying one for sure. #utiltsarelife

how accurate are Lucario's numbers(%) on ssbwiki? because if they are right for the previous patch and assuming 0% then he has received HEAVY damage nerfs at 0% across the board. I am only asking because it says 17.25% on Aura Sphere which seems a bit outlandish to me on no aura
What do you mean? The wiki probably lists aura baseline damages, which are damage outputs @75%. If you're testing while you're @0% you're gonna be seeing huge "nerfs".

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
Sorry, but it seems true. Time to switch to the tilt stick for your PP tilts.

An odd change, and an annoying one for sure. #utiltsarelife
So Up + C-stick up is also an up smash?
and Down + C stick forward is no longer forward tilt? In that case what is it now? Fsmash im assuming.

Last edited:

TheOnlyGBeast

Smash Cadet
NNID
G-Beast
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
What do you mean? The wiki probably lists aura baseline damages, which are damage outputs @75%. If you're testing while you're @0% you're gonna be seeing huge "nerfs".
thank you, I didn't know this(it doesn't say it on there)

Locke 06

Sayonara, bye bye~
NNID
tl.206
and Down + C stick forward is no longer forward tilt? In that case what is it now? Fsmash im assuming.
... yup.

Which means there is no more item f-tilt. Also, there is no more item f-smash. Oh, Mega Man.

YeahVeryeah

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4184-3623-5583
Random redditor reports the zard takes a total of 10% damage from flare blitz (5 at start and on hit) up from 9% total before.

I make no claim towards accuracy, I'm at work lol

GameFile

Smash Rookie
Can someone confirm this?
Fox Jab Combo is still in, but is no infinite anymore on certain characters, like zard.
Still stupid...

RomanceDawn

Smash Lord
NNID
Romancedawn
3DS FC
0044-2811-9045
Correction for DK.

There is still a hit box gap on DK's forward Smash. When characters walk into you it still whiffs every time. At stand still range the hit box seems to have changed and gotten bigger but not enough to be fully in the clear.

TTTTTsd

Gordeau Main Paint Drinker
NNID
InverseTangent
Yeah you're on the mark from what I'm testing, nyo ho. Sorry D:, this kind of sucks. I always used A and the stick for tilts but...yeah

Last edited:
Would testing hit-on frames for characters that seem overall unchanged be worthwhile or nah should we wait till Dant's laxatives kick in

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
Random redditor reports the zard takes a total of 10% damage from flare blitz (5 at start and on hit) up from 9% total before.

I make no claim towards accuracy, I'm at work lol
Yeah it does 10% for me, not positive how much it did originally.

Roots

Smash Cadet
Is every character just getting nerfed? Barely seen any buffs compared to these nerfs

Jesus castro

Smash Rookie
Wario and bowser seem to be the same. I will test out bowser tough ability if they added any more moves.

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
When an enemy is near Samus's bombs, the bombs detonate sooner than if the enemy wasn't.
Yo guys, moves now stale faster.

Please prove me wrong when you can.
Mii Swordfighter's Side B 1(Airborne Assault) seems to have a higher baseline damage, but unchanged top damage. The wiki says it was 7.85% uncharged before, know it seems to be 10.5%

Can someone confirm?
Each of the two hits of the Mii Brawler's forward aerial deal 1% less damage, and back aerial deals 10% instead of 12%.
I can't get One-Inch Punch to work.
~

Last edited:

Pyr

Smash Lord
Can someone who has the patch do a quick test? Pre-patch: custom moves sets revert you back to the color set for the custom move slot. Is that still true? They seemed to do some QoL changes, like the tags change.

How do I delete ONLY the patch from my system? I want to confirm whether or not Villager's grab endlag was reduced (among other things) but don't want to accidentally end up getting rid of my customs lmao

orochiwolf

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4098-3799-0637
Anyone notice slightly decreased range on shulks ftilt?
I heavily play Shulk and am currently testing him in FG. I thought it was only me, but the arc of his F-air also looks like it was visually changed as well...

Zappdos

Smash Cadet
Piston Punch seems super nerfed on brawler. Stale, killed Ike on Town and City at 140.

TheOnlyGBeast

Smash Cadet
NNID
G-Beast
3DS FC
4442-0111-1914
Oh woops I forgot to include w/ my greninja post that Meta Knight also appears unchanged. At first I thought that his fair come out a tiny bit faster but I am pretty sure I was seeing things

shapular

Smash Ace
We had a false alarm last patch, but I think vectoring is out and DI is back in for real this time. Here's my data. I tested this with Diddy's uair (knock out two birds with one stone, eh?) against Mario from the side platform on Battlefield. This shouldn't be affected by any change in the move's properties or even possibly stage boundaries, the relative effect is what's important.

1.0.2:
Kills with Diddy and Mario at 140 with no DI or right/left DI
Kills with both at 138 with up DI
Kills with both at 142 with down DI

1.0.6:
Kills with both at 178, no DI
Kills with both at 191, DI away (angles far away from Diddy)
Kills with both at 173, DI in (angles straight up)
Kills with both at 176, DI up
Kills with both at 181, DI down

Also I didn't notice any effect with Diddy at 0 in either version but I don't know if it's that rage is gone (probably something we would have noticed) or if rage just doesn't have any effect in training mode.

DJTHED

Smash Apprentice
NNID
djthed
3DS FC
1805-3499-5905
Switch FC
SW-1721-8556-4217
How do I delete ONLY the patch from my system? I want to confirm whether or not Villager's grab endlag was reduced (among other things) but don't want to accidentally end up getting rid of my customs lmao
You can't play the game when you remove the patch though, you will be forced to install it or you will be locked out of the game, afaik.

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Nothing character specific, but online in for glory when you input a tag, leave, and return you have the same tag!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom