• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight Johns just got taken to a whole new level

Hai Im Fearless

Smash Lord
Okay, I guess only horny highschoolers can do this, because I'm stumped... or maybe my Wii is just ******** (people who have played on mine know how weird it runs)... this **** will probably get banned though.
Frames did not ban it for fast. It's going to be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

Kamano

Smash Journeyman
Even so, it's still free, on-demand invuln for a duration of your choosing, plus movement.

And given the usefulness it seems to have, it's stupidly easy to do.

XIF

Smash Master
ZOMG Duluth, GA mostly... sometimes Weston, FL
the only option is to ban metaknight, end of story.

WHENEVER YOU CHOOSE YOU HAVE THE OPTION TO TRAVEL ACROSS THE STAGE COMPLETELY INVINCIBLE, HOWEVER MINOR IT IS IN LENGTH COMPARED TO THE ORIGINAL MOVE.

i cant believe people still think you can allow a character like this with that. I have little hope for those people.

harriettheguy

Smash Lord
haha ok.

This destroys the spacing game where you pin someone towards the edge if their camping retreating aerials.

1 point for childish gimmicks and tricks.
another loss on universal gaming laws of economic/alchemic trades.

" But harriet its predictable! "

You're reacting. MK pulls the strings.

metaknight just owned himself for good see you you in ssb party, where you can cancel smashes into shield.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
Well, look at it this way... at least he isn't spamming tornado now? >>
At least you can hit him out of tornado. With this technique, you're invincible for however you want. The fact that it can be used for stalling merits a good look at seeing it banned.

Sure, for the next day they won't spam tornados while they practice this

then they'll spam both.
Yes, tornado to rest their fingers then do this until time is called. Tech skill son. ^^

Fun aside, are we considering it for a ban as a region? It's too difficult to regulate by time limit and there are no counters for it sans dynamic stages, but doesn't MK **** at the likes of Delfino and Rainbow Cruise?

So...what shall we do? Let's decide on it before July 19th, where Barlw WABA and FAST1 will go on (to name the ones I know are happening in this part of the US). <_<

Can we nickname it Dimensional Rape while we're at it?

@ Jartravious: Yes, but as a regional zone, we don't automatically fall under SWF's rules. Sure, I'd like to say we follow them without much resistance, but should we as a zone ban it, whether or not SWF says so?

Gah, gotta eat my Thai rice. <_<

Equi

Smash Ace
This just adds to the overall godliness of Meta Knight wow. Remember back in the day we use to moan and groan about Meta Knight being better than Chuck Norris? Guess what, he truly is.

This technique BETTER be banned for FAST, if not. I'm going MK, one spaced tornado, fighting fire, dimensional cape infinitely and win the match on time. Why? Because I'm sure a lot of other people will do the same thing.

This has to be banned.

Frames

DI
Frames did not ban it for fast. It's going to be fuuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

Not only am I not banning this for FAST...

I ENCOURAGE IT!!!

Now don't get me wrong, i'm not condoning stalling, by any means, if you stall you will be punished.

However my thoughts regarding this are that this technique will not be a problem at this tournament, if a MK wins FAST it is because he is the best MK, not because of some dumb move.

Therefore, I support this move, and invite any and all MK's who think they can win with this, come, give us your money, bring up the attendance, but no johns after you get beat just because your little disappearing act didn't work. I am confident in our top players and the top players of other regions. No one will win with just this alone.

Equi

Smash Ace
Also, I love how we decipher how to fight MK and how we finally got better at adapting to tornado spam, that MK now gets a new broken technique woohoo. Even if they ban this for stalling and set a three second rule on it, does anyone realize how godly of a mindgame this is?

Equi

Smash Ace
Also, considering all other regions are banning it. I am very dissapointed this technique isn't being banned for FAST. MK is godly enough, this is taking it too far.

So people are allowed to use it, momentarily throughout the match? Meh. So as long as it's not stalling, we can just go invincible from time to time? Meh. I'm not liking the sound of this at all.

Frames

DI
Also, considering all other regions are banning it. I am very dissapointed this technique isn't being banned for FAST. MK is godly enough, this is taking it too far.

So people are allowed to use it, momentarily throughout the match? Meh. So as long as it's not stalling, we can just go invincible from time to time? Meh. I'm not liking the sound of this at all.
So then, you should have no problem winning FAST, right?

Equi

Smash Ace
So then, you should have no problem winning FAST, right?
Oh of course I will, I just have a problem with participating in a dissapearing contest. But wait, that's fun. Let's all play Meta Knight peek-a-boo.

EternalCrusade

Smash Journeyman
This is the greatest advanced technique ever to be in a fighting game, period. I..I think I'm gonna cry T_T

Meta Knight should not be banned for this or anything else, and I am not just saying that because I main him... >_>

Finch

Smash Lord
Have fun never being able to play any kind of pressure game against mk again. The ability to simply become invinsible for an indefinite time period while doing nothing is stalling no matter how long it lasts and should be banned with no question.

Equi

Smash Ace
I'm looking forward to it. :)
Cool. Me too. Though I think hide-and-go-seek would be a little bit more of a leap in depth, anyway, comparitively to the analogy of checkers to chess.

Peek-a-boo you have less options.

And you can also play peek-a-boo at home free and not pay an entrance fee, but that's another story.

VietGeek

Smash Hero
I was able to do a 6 second one in a few tries (I never touched MK as a playable until now), and my 8 year old sister, could do a 4 second one (note she can barely even shorthop).

Imagine that with practice, we could expand that indefinitely into a minute, then two, and so forth? >_>

@ EC: Why I think banning MK would be kinda outrageous, what about the actual technique? What are your thoughts on that?

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
*facepalm*

this is dumb. and if this isnt banned for FAST, and i somehow lose because of it, or if a MK i play against uses if off the ledge so he cant be attacked every time hes on the ledge, i swear to god im gonna jump frames and get my 45 dollars back

-gdx on hrnut account

Equi

Smash Ace
Nope let's all master it and just do it. It's obviously allowed. Let's call the game "keeping the rhythm." Not Brawl. Heh.

Top Bottom