• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Metaknight iz zo brokn!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

M15t3R E

Smash Master
I see you have been changing things up. I still have a few disagreements, but I guess you can't please everyone.

I will again suggest that you list top 10 throws for all throws instead of just top 5.

Barge

All I want is a custom title
For the down B I suggest putting ice climbers.
Blizzard has so much priority, Approaching, gives good damage, good strings. So much sexiness in blizzard it definitely deserves a place.

Also, why isn't ice climbers in any of the grab rankings?
They have the best grab game in brawl.

B0mbe1c

Smash Lord
Marth fsmash is too good.
D3s downB KOs quite good, at 80-90% on some characters uncharged. Also, Gordos own .... hardcore. :(

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Once Wario's Down B moves up, (and neutral B, the bite is amazing!)
Move Mario's utilt to the top of of it's tier, and Lucas down B moves down I will be happy with my pseudo secondaries.

Now for my main. I actually think Ness dair should be on the top ten list. It's evolved from being a spike, it's become a good approach, and potential killer (sourspot) near the edge. Ness nair should be higher, It's certainly better than Ike's.

I don't understand why Ness uair isn't on the list. It's like Wario's in every way, except it has less KO power by 10%! It should be one or 2 spots below Wario.
With Ness bair, I know it has massive competition, but I think it's better than Pit's in most ways.

KO's power difference is very little (Pit being slightly stronger)
Sweet spotting Pit's is much harder than sweet spotting Ness. Ness can do bair's in a SH, while Pit cannot.
It's just a better move overall.

Now with Upthrows. Why is Lucas 4th and Ness not even there. They have the same Upthrow in retrospect, the only difference being Lucas does more damage and KO's earlier. I will concede that Lucas is better than Ness, but Ness should be over Link.

Ness Fthrow is better than Pikachu's. (from what I know Pikachu mains) It does decent damage. It doesn't CG, or lead into combo's though. And Ness' IS stronger in terms of %damage.

PK Fire is vastly underrated with it's many techs, such as PK jump, (pseudo approach) it's retreat e.c.t. It's uses are multiple. I think it's better than Falco's, since it's only use is recovering.

Finally, why is Pit and Rob's Up B on the list? It's used solely for recovering. I actually think PKT should be there. A decent projectile, chasing an opponent recovering e.c.t. It can easily lead into a PKT2 which is why it's so versatile.

Judge Judy

Smash Lord
Move Mario's utilt to the top of of it's tier, and Lucas down B moves down I will be happy with my pseudo secondaries.
I don't think Mario's Utilt should move up; Mario's Utilt lock is very good but it doesn't have many uses outside that.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
How is Bowser's BAir the worst BAir in any shape or form?
Because no one really has a bad Bair in Brawl. For many characters, Bair is one of their only redeeming quality. It's just a matter of whose has the least options.

Flayl

Smash Hero
Because no one really has a bad Bair in Brawl. For many characters, Bair is one of their only redeeming quality. It's just a matter of whose has the least options.
Bowser's BAir is one of his best finishing moves... KO's Mario at 136% at the middle of FD in training mode.

IMO Pikachu is one of the contenders for worst.

Onxy

Smash Lord
Why is Squirtle's Utilt not there?
Why is Ivysaur's Bullet Seed not there?
Why is Ivysaur's Nair not there?

I could explain why they are great, but are they even recognized?

viparagon

Smash Ace
Bowser's BAir is one of his best finishing moves... KO's Mario at 136% at the middle of FD in training mode.

IMO Pikachu is one of the contenders for worst.
no way pika's is actuall pretty good.

LOL at pknintendo

polljock your main, much?

PK thunder is the most overrated move in the game

viparagon

Smash Ace
Once Wario's Down B moves up, (and neutral B, the bite is amazing!)

All credibility gone right there

Now for my main. I actually think Ness dair should be on the top ten list. It's evolved from being a spike, it's become a good approach, and potential killer (sourspot) near the edge. Ness nair should be higher, It's certainly better than Ike's.

ikes nair has very good range and combos into jabs. Ness's does what?

I don't understand why Ness uair isn't on the list. It's like Wario's in every way, except it has less KO power by 10%! It should be one or 2 spots below Wario.
With Ness bair, I know it has massive competition, but I think it's better than Pit's in most ways.

u forgot that its slower and has zero range, and marios IS more powerful than that

KO's power difference is very little (Pit being slightly stronger)
Sweet spotting Pit's is much harder than sweet spotting Ness. Ness can do bair's in a SH, while Pit cannot.
It's just a better move overall.

Once again, pits has range priority, and power over ness's, while ness has the ability to do two in one shorthop? how does that work, and Pits is substantiallh stronger...:confused:

Now with Upthrows. Why is Lucas 4th and Ness not even there. They have the same Upthrow in retrospect, the only difference being Lucas does more damage and KO's earlier. I will concede that Lucas is better than Ness, but Ness should be over Link.

i cheched the Uthrow section for that answer. links does more damage and kills earlier, simple as that.
Ness Fthrow is better than Pikachu's. (from what I know Pikachu mains) It does decent damage. It doesn't CG, or lead into combo's though. And Ness' IS stronger in terms of %damage.

a chain throw is a pretty useful attribute.

PK Fire is vastly underrated with it's many techs, such as PK jump, (pseudo approach) it's retreat e.c.t. It's uses are multiple. I think it's better than Falco's, since it's only use is recovering.
Falco's needs to go, but not to make room for ness, whose is etremely punishable on shield for not much reward
Finally, why is Pit and Rob's Up B on the list? It's used solely for recovering. I actually think PKT should be there. A decent projectile, chasing an opponent recovering e.c.t. It can easily lead into a PKT2 which is why it's so versatile.
rob's and pits allows them to chase a recovery themselves instead of with a lousy projectile that can be canceled out by almost any attack and usually aides recovery. pkt2 doesn't work on people who aren't idiots, and it sucks as a recovery

LordWeasel

Smash Rookie
Dear Viparagon,
I don't think Wario's fsmash should be on the top 10. While it is very strong, its range is not good.
As an alternative may i suggest Ivysaur.
Ivysaur's fsmash has great speed for catching an opponent off balance, as well as power and great range.
Sincerely,
LordWeasel

LordWeasel

Smash Rookie
Sorry, forgot to add something.
This is going to sound very biased since I'm again going to be fighting for an ivysaur attack, but let me assure you, i do not play PT. However, Ivysaur's neutral B is incredible. As u DI out of it, you get very irritated very fast as the damage racks up quickly. Its an easy 20% if not more even with proper DI

Backward

Smash Cadet
Wow thanks for the good reasoning and debating skills. You totally change everyone's minds!
Marth's F-Smash is his most punishable move on block, aside from D-Smash (though Marth can chain a D-Smash from a grab release). It barely has any shield stun at all, even when tipped. It's definitely one of his lesser moves due to having an incredibly big frame disadvantage.

It's good when your opponent actually gets hit by it, of course. but it's not 'too good'.

brinboy789

Smash Champion
how come MK is second on uthrow? he cant combo out of it whatsoever, the only thing he can do with it is kill @ like 180%. -_- why is it even on on the list? and why is link even on the uthrow list, i dont think it can kill until ridiculous percents OR combo :crazy:.

Backward

Smash Cadet
Dear Viparagon,
I don't think Wario's fsmash should be on the top 10. While it is very strong, its range is not good.
It's good because of the super armour frames and as such a decent kill move. But yes, it does have poor range.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
With almost no knockback so it never works as a semi-spike.....
Hmm i usually find it has pretty nice knockback when you go connect with it, and it'll semi-spike enough to kill characters like Link, Mario and some teathers and sets up for fair KOs or dair gimps;Ivysaur's has about the same startup lag, does less damage iirc and has WORSE knockback

Remzi

formerly VaBengal
NNID
Remziz4
3DS FC
0302-1081-8167
Marths fsmash is not very good. It's very laggy, unsafe on block, and blows if not tipped. Good Marths barely even use it.

Also, lol @ Marth having #8 best Down B.

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
lucas' uthrow is trash.
we don't even use it lol.
it's probably less used than his dash attack.
we use dthrow, which should be on the list, way more than most throws (combos into utilt at low percentages, kills at about 140% fresh)
which really means... if we grab you at 125% or above pummel 5 times (3 pummels per second; best in the game =]) and dthrow it's a stock lost. it's pretty nifty if you ask me.
wait... why is squirtle dthrow any better than lucas'?

viparagon

Smash Ace
lucas' uthrow is trash.
we don't even use it lol.
it's probably less used than his dash attack.
we use dthrow, which should be on the list, way more than most throws (combos into utilt at low percentages, kills at about 140% fresh)
which really means... if we grab you at 125% or above pummel 5 times (3 pummels per second; best in the game =]) and dthrow it's a stock lost. it's pretty nifty if you ask me.
wait... why is squirtle dthrow any better than lucas'?
all uthrows are trash , but lucas's is less trashy than most;)

brinboy789

Smash Champion
bair and fair are like jiggs bread and butter. she cant havea decent match without them. bair has amazing range, decent speed, decent damage, OK knockback, and can WOP

viparagon

Smash Ace
bair and fair are like jiggs bread and butter. she cant havea decent match without them. bair has amazing range, decent speed, decent damage, OK knockback, and can WOP
And after careful consideration...*drumroll*... I have decided that the characters aerial speed AND acceleration should be taken into account

come on! I NEED PMs if this "poll" is going to work...

illinialex24

Smash Hero
neato, I like how you made it as a celebration of the 10,000 post

if you get 50, I'll PROBABLY put it on
Ok, but I'll get 50 legitly. I won't bring in outsiders.

Exactly. Fair is great against aerial but doesn't deserve to make it because its too easily shieldgrabbed. But bair has good "combo" ability, great range and speed, as well insane ability to DI with it.

And after careful consideration...*drumroll*... I have decided that the characters aerial speed AND acceleration should be taken into account
YES!!!!!

Victory Music:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hYVrTQwUJEI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom