• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight Infinite Dimensional Cape - hope you enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheM

Smash Rookie
=/ I still think it will be obvious if someone stalls. Like... If I did it for 1 minute, thats obvious...
If I did it for 5 seconds, then its a way to attack or to dodge. Realy there is no way to attack with this. It might as well be unbanned and only able to use for 2-10 seconds. BUT if it is at the end of the match, then thats banned. What ya think?
o rly? >_>

what you think is "stalling" may be just camping to get an advantage to other people. there is no, and won't ever be, an objective rule on stalling. also, random arbitrary time limits like yours would be TEN TIME WORSE than if this stayed banned/became unbanned. with arbitrary rules like yours, not only is it easily abusable, but also makes no sense.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412
Since my main response is in the other thread, I'll simply say.

No. Try again
I made a good point, like many others that were made, and you're just not listening.

I'm done debating this. There's no point in arguing with an idiot.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I made a good point, like many others that were made, and you're just not listening.

I'm done debating this. There's no point in arguing with an idiot.
Theoretical points. And yours here is clearly arguable for being broken.

But if you're done trying to defend an proofless case, OK. The sooner the opposition stops bringing up tired points, the better...

gantrain05

Smash Master
Theoretical points. And yours here is clearly arguable for being broken.

But if you're done trying to defend an proofless case, OK. The sooner the opposition stops bringing up tired points, the better...
it wasn't exactly proofless, you just seem to want this unbanned so badly you aren't even looking at the other side of the debate.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
it wasn't exactly proofless, you just seem to want this unbanned so badly you aren't even looking at the other side of the debate.
"IDC is a perfect approach": No proof in practice (and 2 vids that say the opposite)

"IDC is a perfect defense":No proof in practice

"IDC as a reset tool is clearly broken": one Hylian Wi-Fi vid, utterly debatable.

Deflect

Smash Cadet
I find it kind of hard to do and usually kill myself. It really shouldn't be banned, it's not extremely easy to do.

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
No, I didn't miss his point. YOU missed MY point. If you need to set an arbitrary limit for stalling in general, 5 seconds is NOT it. In other words, I should NOT be forced to confront my opponent every 5 seconds. It just breaks too much of the game to make a rule like that. Players need a reasonable amount of room to maneuver.
Are you daft?
Again the point of the amtter was that Yuna was explaining that in order to prevent stalling, you would need to use an arbitrary ruling.

He is not arguing for what the time limit for stalling is at all. All you're doing is strawmanning an argument repeatedly.

Again how would you determine what is the best time limit for stlaling? What can be considered stalling?
5 seconds? ten seconds? 2 minutes ? 4 minutes 6 minutes?

"IDC is a perfect approach": No proof in practice (and 2 vids that say the opposite)
True
"IDC is a perfect defense":No proof in practice
so the IDC cannot be used as a means of defense and be used to completely avoid being harmed by the opponent?

Your claim of "no proof in practice" swings back to you, what proof do you have that it isn't a perfect defense?

let alone the hylian vid proves it when he disappears for a good amount of time, and he does it without bothering to move, imaging if he decided to do it from one ledge to the other?

"IDC as a reset tool is clearly broken": one Hylian Wi-Fi vid, utterly debatable.
its not debatable period.
Did you know the only character that could make it to the other side of BF in the period of time that Hylian uses the IDC is Sonic?
he is the only one that could get to the other side as MK appears.

You cannot use projectiles because he appears at the ledge and sweetspots it.

Or MK will just remain where he is. We have no idea if IDC will help MK THAT much (if at all since some people think IDC is near useless and hard to apply).
hmm lets see, universal in application, only character that can chase him down is Sonic on longer stages like FD. Projectile users can't catch him. gee it must help alot.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
ShadowLink. It could be "potentially" the perfect defense. But due to the lack of evidence in practice, to say "it IS the perfect defense" is jumping the gun. Same for "it IS useless when you can't stall".

oOJaseOo

Smash Ace
No idea. Probably just like 1 minute.
with 2 ppl and a wii mote and nunchuk 10 mins but one hardly anyone uses wii mote and nunchuk and if they did they wouldnt be allowed to be helped by another player (in a match)

and the longest iv held this is for about 1 min 30secs with wii mote on my own but i havent been able to go past 1 min since. and btw this aint BS

cube controller about 40 secs this is an estimate cause i acctually went from one side to the other and back again on bridge of eldin or w/e its called

metaXzero

Smash Champion
if this was discovered for falcon, do you think it would be legal? :laugh:
If everybody thought like Dojo (ban IDC because MK gets it, whether or it's actually broken doesn't matter), yeah.
of course it would still be banned :) its game breaking
Debatable. And it will REMAIN debatable to the end of time thanks to this community's attitude towards never before seen ATs.

chanochano

Smash Rookie
MK Infinite Cape

im assuming this trick is for gamecube controller. i dont use a gamecube controller. could i still do this with a wii remote and nunchuk???

Lazee

Smash Apprentice
FACT:chuck norris taught metaknight how to use the infinite demensional cape,chuck norris hasnt been since.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
its not, its a lame tech that MK doesn't ever need, ever, he doesn't get put into bad positions where he would have to use this tech, because he's metaknight.
MK doesn't need Tornado or Shuttle Loop. He still has a good and varied recovery, the ability to kill well, and can still rack up damage. BAN THOSE 2!

ShadowLink84

Smash Hero
ShadowLink. It could be "potentially" the perfect defense. But due to the lack of evidence in practice, to say "it IS the perfect defense" is jumping the gun. Same for "it IS useless when you can't stall".
How is it NOT the perfect defense? It is unstoppable, allows you to be invincible fr an indefinite amount of time.
It does have its stalling uses,t he only thing you are saying is "it hasn't happened yet", it does't need to because the capability to do so exists.

So far, what's the current record for longest held IDC?

I better not get a DP infraction
Who cares?
That has nothing to do with it.
What people are doing NOW does not reflect on the potential, the capabilities of a move.
IDC is perfect. You can stall with it and use it to get out of every bad situation that could occur. Simple.

Saying it hasn't been done yet does not matter, Akuma didn't have a chance to dominate the US but he was banned.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
The IDC is without a doubt game-breaking. I would've been ashamed if the technique wasn't banned. It really is the perfect stall. Sure, no one ever truly mastered it, but it's a good thing they never got the chance! The one things that bothers me is that this technique, even when it was officially made illegal, was used to fan the once VERY mighty flame of Meta Knight Ban. Just because he had the tech was no reason to remove him. But it couldn't have been allowed to remain usable. Banning IDC was the ONLY sensible thing to do.
brinboy789 said:
the amount of pure prejudice and bias in this post is unbelievable.
I agree to an extent, but let it go. :) We have to deal with the fact that SOME Meta-Hate will always linger, no matter what.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
How is it NOT the perfect defense? It is unstoppable, allows you to be invincible fr an indefinite amount of time.
It does have its stalling uses,t he only thing you are saying is "it hasn't happened yet", it does't need to because the capability to do so exists.

Who cares?
That has nothing to do with it.
What people are doing NOW does not reflect on the potential, the capabilities of a move.
IDC is perfect. You can stall with it and use it to get out of every bad situation that could occur. Simple.

Saying it hasn't been done yet does not matter, Akuma didn't have a chance to dominate the US but he was banned.
As you know, I've have a proposal in my sig that defeats the stalling point. Why are you still bringing it up? No one will stall with it unless they want to lose.

The "gets out of a bad positions argument". With the start-up time leaving MK open, IDC doesn't really get MK out of bad positions that he couldn't get out of already. This argument would be stronger in practice, but we aren't going to get those results...

IDC will remain banned out of scrubdom instead of if it's really broken. It's sad...

Hiza

Smash Apprentice
so forgive me if this has been said blatantly yet or not,

I am more than decent ad IDC on command, with my Meta, and am wondering if i extend it to move quickly or to escape, or to approach, is that against the rules? (in a tournament i mean) Just extending it, not stalling.

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Meta, we've had entire threads debating why your rule doesn't work. Even if it was used, you would be blamed by the entire community for allowing it period. THAT was the only condition I was willing to work with, that you would take full unadulterated blame for "testing" it out.

Just let it go. Put it inside a bubble and blow it away...

I do think this thread should be either removed or maybe revamped and changed into a full blown thread on MK techniques. Otherwise we should just copy some of the text in this thread and move that and the video into maybe a MK guide already here or into something along those lines.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom