• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MetaKnight Infinite Dimensional Cape - hope you enjoy

Status
Not open for further replies.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Too bad the SBR probably won't even look at my proposal, let alone debate it :(
I guess the biggest issue is it creates a massive incentive to stall, whereas previously the metagame was centered more around "approach on my terms".

Overall, it has merits however, and deserves a fair shake. Create a thread in tactical or something, try to attract people to discussing it.

Considering that MK is seriously being considered for banning in general right now, I do rather doubt that it will buy the tech any more then a temporary reprive if it's unbanned for use as an approach.

Jumpi 95

Smash Cadet
I'm almost positive that this is not infinite. I was able to do this for a minute 3 months ago. Now i can only dodge a FS. This is also easily counterable. If you are on battlefield and someone does this, you just jump aroudn so the camera moves to. The player wont know were he is and probably kill himself.^_^I will put the VID up about the one i did once i figure out how to make VIDs.>_< bye!

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I'm almost positive that this is not infinite. I was able to do this for a minute 3 months ago. Now i can only dodge a FS. This is also easily counterable. If you are on battlefield and someone does this, you just jump aroudn so the camera moves to. The player wont know were he is and probably kill himself.^_^I will put the VID up about the one i did once i figure out how to make VIDs.>_< bye!
Yes, it's infinite. And only n00bs are going to commit suicide with this.

Well, I'm going to hold off on my unban IDC proposal until the "MK will be banned" business blows over (IF it blows over).

shadowlink3

Smash Journeyman
basically Meta, the ban on MK is pretty ubsurbed, not cause i main him, i can easly switch if it comes down to that, but its horrid cause its a char THAT CAN LOSE!

Its not that bad.

basically you ban MK, get ready to see Snake, DDD, falco for top.

TheREALShadowChaos

Smash Journeyman
basically Meta, the ban on MK is pretty ubsurbed, not cause i main him, i can easly switch if it comes down to that, but its horrid cause its a char THAT CAN LOSE!

Its not that bad.

basically you ban MK, get ready to see Snake, DDD, falco for top.
Of course it CAN lose.
If we were going to do a race, and you start 10 minutes earlier than me, then you can still lose if your bad enough. Does that make it a fair race?

The problem with Mk is not that he can not lose, the problem is that he is uncounterable unless there is a big gap in skill between you and your opponent. Snake, DDD, and Falco all have bad matchups and can be countered, but MK, and ONLY MK has none. MK mains will always be in an advantage. Sure, you can win a race even if your opponents start earlier, and sure, you can beat your opponent even when he uses MK. But it's still not really fair.

Ah well, I don't complain when someone uses MK. It's just a game. And MKs advantage is not that huge. But its still there.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I did? YIPEE!

Well the general consensus over at that thread is MK has no true bad-match-ups and lacks a true weakness besides light weight. Coupled with his high tournament rankings and the possibility that M2K is witholding valuable info about MK's match-ups (Such as MKs ability to Shuttle Loop through Mr. G&W's B-air/****ing turtle) and the situation isn't looking good. He won't be banned now though.

Jumpi 95

Smash Cadet
The reason i said he will kill himself is because MK slides while doing this and battlefield is JUST small enouph for the glide to kill him.
Also how do you Quote posts?

Trebuchet

Smash Rookie
Got it to work, and it saved the match lol

I finally used this in a helpful way. I was fighting sonic, and he had just gotten his final smash. I had high damage after about 1:30 of fighting, so I went into the infinite dc, and held it for the whole length of his final smash, keeping me safe for the rest of the match! :laugh:

So far I really enjoy using this, even if it's not very easy to do reliably.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
I finally used this in a helpful way. I was fighting sonic, and he had just gotten his final smash. I had high damage after about 1:30 of fighting, so I went into the infinite dc, and held it for the whole length of his final smash, keeping me safe for the rest of the match! :laugh:

So far I really enjoy using this, even if it's not very easy to do reliably.
That would be good if (God forbid) tournaments turned on Smashballs. It'd also ensure MK would STILL be Top tier in a Smashball enviroment.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
In General Discussion, there is a thread about it. It's possible to hack Brawl's air-dodge and turn it into Melee's directional air-dodge. The result of doing this into the ground is the good ol' wavedash.

Jumpi 95

Smash Cadet
No1 has anything else to say? Also i just found out how to keep in this and actualy "Aim" with it.
My other friend is a MK user and he does know this glitch but he cant aim so whenever he trys using it, he misses by a longshot.

Jumpi 95

Smash Cadet
I just found out that i can actualy AIM with this. I use it on my friend all the time when he dies, it realy is usefull. But the lagg! its terible and if they stay their, they can easyily do a nice combo, so this realy isnt usefull. BUT I agree that for stalling purposes, it should be baned. For actualy fighting, I belive its ok.
EDIT: I looked at a tournament list and this is actualy banned. LOL!

Jumpi 95

Smash Cadet
Then again, I looked at another tournament and it was Top tiers only.
This was not banned.
Also on a side note, What program is it to get SD card information to be sown on the computer?
I am STILL trying to download my Video of this glitch.
If you were wondering, It is this glitch for 56 seconds. I did it the 3rd day i found out about this.
(I play Wii+Nunchuck)

gantrain05

Smash Master
i can't believe a thread about a banned tech is actually still around, and there are still people who are amazed by it lol.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
^Well no other character in Smash has ever had such a unique tech.

I forget, if this is used in a match, is it an automatic loss/DQ?

.......Still waiting for "Ban MK" business to go blow over.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
YAY! No ban for MK
For now

I guess I'll throw in my proposal for unbanning it. How about the rule that if a MK uses IDC, should the match time run out, the MK loses. Takes care of the reason that IDC was banned in the first place right (MK's stalling out matches).

Reason I vouch for the unbanning of IDC is because besides being used as a stall, I don't believe IDC is broken. So it should be proven as broken through tourney results and vids.

THIS POST RIGHT HERE! MY PROPOSAL!

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
YAY! No ban for MK
For now

I guess I'll throw in my proposal for unbanning it. How about the rule that if a MK uses IDC, should the match time run out, the MK loses. Takes care of the reason that IDC was banned in the first place right (MK's stalling out matches).

Reason I vouch for the unbanning of IDC is because besides being used as a stall, I don't believe IDC is broken. So it should be proven as broken through tourney results and vids.

NVM. I put a thread in Tatical Discussion....
MK is top tier. Best character in the game. He doesn't need more advantages.

Even ignoring the fact that he is the best, what would you use against the IDC? Theres nothing you could do, only wait for him to hit you. It should stay banned.

metaXzero

Smash Champion
MK is top tier. Best character in the game. He doesn't need more advantages.

Even ignoring the fact that he is the best, what would you use against the IDC? Theres nothing you could do, only wait for him to hit you. It should stay banned.
If it is so good as anything besides a stall, where is the results proofing it (videos even)? If it is to be banned for being "too good", it should be banned with results, NOT simply thinking it is broken.

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
could someone explain it a little better, buttun wise.

kinda of confusing

1. is it with Wiimote or GC controller or does it matter

2.could it be done with a GC controller and if so how?

plz help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom