• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight's Revenge: The Official Match-Up Thread *Wario* -> GO

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I wasn't critizing him I was laughing and not comprehending why he wanted to switch a main just because M2K lost. And so he feels like he really has to work for his kills now to he doesn't want to play mk anymore.
I have no intention of switching my main....

And what does working for kills anymore have to do with anything. I could **** you to the ****in 9th circle of hell with any character on the roster. I play all the high tier characters extremely well, but I play as MK because he my favorite character so gtfo.

I just dont feel as special anymore because m2k lost. :(

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
***** who are you to say you play the high tier characters "extremely well"

i swear people and their brawl egos :laugh:

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
the ice climber matches will take 6minutes +, why would anyone want to bore you thatttt much.

anyway d tilit and ftilit work well here but stop it if they dont connect. and immedeaitly proceed to dair camp. dair > tornado works well here and becareful of a good ice climbers who will help nana recover.

when the ice clibmers up B and tether the ledge, you CAN hit popo as he is coming up. REMMEBER THAT, lol i found out during friendlies and its such a good peice of info.

anyway once lain, i mean ice climbers start to master dysynch blizzard, up airs, the matchup will be even. now its just 55-45 barely in our favor

JayBee

Smash Champion
NNID
jamesbrownjrva
god i hate Ice Climbers.

this is good info. everyones dead on about the matchup. if you pick the right stage and camp, you basically win as long as you're airborne. M2K at apex showed that easily. i dont think the threat of an upair is enough to make an MK stop darir camping seriously considering that the secong they get split, Nana is getting **** on. i avoid any conftontation with desynch blizzard. just camp. this might be one of the few matchups that might scare a meta, but his five jumps + tornado negate this well. sigh...

DemonicTrilogy

Smash Lord
this is good info. everyones dead on about the matchup. if you pick the right stage and camp, you basically win as long as you're airborne. M2K at apex showed that easily. i dont think the threat of an upair is enough to make an MK stop darir camping seriously considering that the secong they get split, Nana is getting **** on. i avoid any conftontation with desynch blizzard. just camp. this might be one of the few matchups that might scare a meta, but his five jumps + tornado negate this well. sigh...
I wouldn't be so certain about this. Up air has a bit more priority than dair and if they do it OoS after a dair, it'll break through.

Zorai

Smash Journeyman
NNID
x_Zorai
ICs aren't difficult, if at all.
N-Air, D-Smash, and predict airdodges (which spells tornadough). Infinites aren't scary anymore.

FunkMaster

Smash Journeyman
what do you mean Ice Climber uair has "more priority" then Metaknight Dair?

Might you really mean more range?

I wouldn't know which has more range as I haven't tried it out. But even if Ice Climber's Uair did outrange Dair that shouldn't be a problem as long as you don't Dair directly above them.

I never Dair people from right above. Always from the side. It's not like Metaknight's Dair has a smallish hitbox like Mox's Dair. It has a rather large hitbox so you shouldn't have to put yourself in a position for an Uair counterattack after attempting a Dair.

Shadow 111

Smash Lord
well, i've decided on maining mk again and secondarying wario. :D
funkmaster, ICS up air does out prioritze mks dair.. if i'm not mistaken.
this matchup is definitely in mks favor... i'd say 55-45 at the least, maybe even 60-40... just because mk is soooo hard to grab... it's not like ICs can only chaingrab mk... if it was as easy as saying that they win this matchup because of the cg... then you can say that ICs are the best characters in the game because they can do it to everyone... but no, that's wrong.
you can easily avoid their grab. just don't land... ban FD ... just spam dairs above them ... then torando.. then land on a platform and repeat... **** the up airs... that won't do much damage... that ice wall is what really gets in the way but there are ways around it.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
****, I miss the Kirby match up... I guess there wasn't much to talk about since the match up is the same. So much as trowing my few cents into the Kirby match up, lol.

It's even suckas. MK ain't got **** on IC's.

Nor the reverse.
That's only your Ice Climbers and your Ice Climbers is barely human unless someone counter picks Pokemon Stadium or Battlefield against Ice Climbers, (I'm not sure if Pokemon Stadium is a good Counter Pick for Meta Knight), but you'll ban stages like that wouldn't you? =P

Tero.

Smash Champion
****, I miss the Kirby match up... I guess there wasn't much to talk about since the match up is the same. So much as trowing my few cents into the Kirby match up, lol.

That's only your Ice Climbers and your Ice Climbers is barely human unless someone counter picks Pokemon Stadium or Battlefield against Ice Climbers, (I'm not sure if Pokemon Stadium is a good Counter Pick for Meta Knight), but you'll ban stages like that wouldn't you? =P

He would probably ban Brinstar ...

lain

Smash Master

I'd ban Brinstar. I LOVE BF.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Yeah, MK vs. IC's is 50/50. I do extremely well against Meep's IC's. Since I play him a lot, I know the match-up really well and I know his style so it's like a double whammy.

Quick Rules:
1. Never dash attack.
2. Never land on the ground after an aerial.
3. Only tornado when Nana is desyched or when you can safely escape onto a platform furthest from IC's.
4. Once you split them, don't just go after Nana. Sometimes it will be more beneficial to adjust targets to effectively keep them separated or gain a quick kill on Popo. Be smart.
5. Don't spam d-smash. F-smash is much more safer and has a better chance of shieldstabbing Nana.
6. Be VERY careful with f-tilt. Use the first part of the tilt as a poke and only finish the 3 hits if you're guaranteed the combo. I see a lot of MK's get grabbed because they'll do the full 3-hit f-tilt on a shield.
7. Be really careful when you're at 0%. Even if you split the IC's, if Popo manages to grab you, he can CG until Nana successfully regroups to finish the job.

Staco

Smash Champion
I think the MU isnt even. Its like 60:40 for MK.

ICs are good vs. MK, because they got a chaingrab and a good Uair to punish MKs Dair Approach.
If you want to get a win vs. ICs you have to camp against them. Try to run out the timer and never get in a situation where they can grab you.
Ban FD, because there are not platforms where you can jump after using all your jumps or Tornado. MK should be save of chaingrabs on the platforms, but I think some good ICs could grab you on platforms if they follow you up, so pay attention.
The best way to approach ICs is Dair Spam. Good spaced Fairs cant be chaingrabbed, too.
If you get Nana away from Popo go like crazy. Use all your moves to hold Nana away from Popo. Try to kill Nana if its possible. Sometimes the IC player will go after Nana to get her back on stage. Use this to get a free hit at the IC player and in such a situation you can sometimes gimp both ICs.
ICs Down B shouldnt be a big problem. Learn to DI it. If they hit you with Down B and you DI it you can hit them after the Down B.
One good way to kill Nana is Uairs to Tornado. Nana wont do anything against it.

You shouldnt use Tilts in this MU. Better use things like Full Jump Fair if the ICs are directly in front of you.
One trick I sometimes use is running grab into UThrow, but it can be punished. =/

The MU isnt that bad for the ICs, but MK got still the advantage. MK just has to play unpunishable and camp the hell out of the ICs. Counterpicks are another thing, which gives MK the advantage in this MU.

X-FACTOR

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, MK vs. IC's is 50/50. I do extremely well against Meep's IC's. Since I play him a lot, I know the match-up really well and I know his style so it's like a double whammy.

Quick Rules:
1. Never dash attack.
2. Never land on the ground after an aerial.
3. Only tornado when Nana is desyched or when you can safely escape onto a platform furthest from IC's.
4. Once you split them, don't just go after Nana. Sometimes it will be more beneficial to adjust targets to effectively keep them separated or gain a quick kill on Popo. Be smart.
5. Don't spam d-smash. F-smash is much more safer and has a better chance of shieldstabbing Nana.
6. Be VERY careful with f-tilt. Use the first part of the tilt as a poke and only finish the 3 hits if you're guaranteed the combo. I see a lot of MK's get grabbed because they'll do the full 3-hit f-tilt on a shield.
7. Be really careful when you're at 0%. Even if you split the IC's, if Popo manages to grab you, he can CG until Nana successfully regroups to finish the job.

Good info!

Agreed...50/50, from what you have stated.

Lord Viper

SS Rank
NNID
LordViper
3DS FC
2363-5881-2519
I'd ban Brinstar. I LOVE BF.
You really do have balls of steel to pick this stage VS Meta Knight... considering that's an awful stage for Ice Climbers to handle Meta Knight, lol.

Also I can't see Ice Climbers being even with Meta Knight, we need more proof to say it's even than a few words.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Also pertaining to IC's especially, but also heavily against D3 and Snake, I recommend, LEARN TO MASH OUT OF GRABS.

This is something basic that most people don't consider. At 0 percent if they wait a split second or try pummeling you you can easily mash out of their grab to ensure that "gayness" doesn't ensue. A great strategy for avoiding tech chasing if your opponent thinks they can pummel you for a few extra percent. It works pretty well up until about 30 percent if your opponent doesnt throw immediately.

Keep in mind that against some characters, such as MK dittos, MK can chaingrab you this way. Fox can get a free Usmash, and Snake can get a Dash Attack. Other characters that you don't normally jump release from can still get interesting setups, but in general this is a good idea at low percent.

Nic64

Smash Lord
out of curiosity what is the most effective way to grab release mash? I rotate the control stick while hitting the face buttons and both triggers as fast as possible....

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
out of curiosity what is the most effective way to grab release mash? I rotate the control stick while hitting the face buttons and both triggers as fast as possible....
Personally, I spin both c-stick, analog stick, Z-button, Triggers, and possibly face buttons depending

kirbycpok

Smash Journeyman
My person experience from IC's (screw you omniswell :D). There are many standards that I have learned of to do against this GAY matchup

1) Dont worry about move dimishment
-If IC's are ->Bing shuttle loop normally goes thru
-If IC's miss a grab, prop em up with ftilt, and run

2) Split Nanna/Popo
-Against nana she will generally just attempt to run back to popo (controller)
- If nana runs past u either A) Dsmash B) Be ready to charge f-smash to keep sperated C)Dtilt away
-Try to DMG up nana as much as possible

3) If u manage to kill nana
-Dont try to kill pop unless nessacary
- Keep them away and leave no openings, main attacks being ftilt, dtilt, and throws

4) Don't grab
-If u do, fthrow, always fthrow, it can seperate them easily and any other throw will let u get smashed by the nongrabbed climber
- After the fthrow, u can Dsmash immediatly to seperate them more
-U can possibly Backthrow, but if u do u have to dsmash to seperate and try to neutral air **** the nana

5) Ban FD
-Maps with platforms are best maps
IE: PS1/2, SV, BF, Lylate is decent, norfair if needed to resort to it (can **** nana)

GeN0

Smash Rookie
I have to say MK's macthup VS. IC's should be self explaintory. Properly spacing and not falling for simple mindgames, should produce the MK with a general advantage. Though i might have to say that if the IC's get a grab off and now what they're doing MK definitatly lost a stock right there, im assuming that will affect the macth-up ratio quite a bit.

noodles

Smash Champion
camp dairs but if your not paying enough attention the ic's can punish with a full hop uair

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Good idea. Wario discussion will start this Sunday.

I really want to keep this as an even, weekly thing.
I'm glad you finally decided the direction you want your thread to go in after it's been out for like a year.

:colorful:

Tero.

Smash Champion
We should start new topics for each MU discussion and link them all in this topic.
So we can still add stuff later and update and stuff, you know?

:)

Crizthakidd

Smash Champion
there will be a lotttt of wario info after genesis lol
everyone was all scared mk and wario are even. >_> no not really just dont play dumb/get farted on
he stil is top 4 hardest.

Kamikaze*

Smash Ace
there will be a lotttt of wario info after genesis lol
everyone was all scared mk and wario are even. >_> no not really just dont play dumb/get farted on
he stil is top 4 hardest.
I think he can be beaten if you stay calm and and rarely approach him. He relies on his omgwtfhax aerial movements to dodge everything MK throws at him. You let him approach you and punish

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom