• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
what metaknights have the best ground game.
IMO: Ally.

Viridian City 9 Ally :metaknight: vs Mew2King :metaknight:

Viridian City 9 Ally :metaknight: vs Anti :metaknight:

Pound V Ally :metaknight: vs Anti :metaknight:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
That format in your post showing the vids is AWESOME.
Is it a new feature or something?

TSM ZeRo

That format in your post showing the vids is AWESOME.
Is it a new feature or something?
Thanks.

Yes, it's a new feature. In the upper-right corner of the "post-box" you should see a white box with a blue line over it. If you select the text, and then click on that box, this would happen around the text:

It's an amazing tool to make your posts look amazing and very professional.

Albert.

Smash Master
Yo I just grab-released a Wario at the edge of FD into a Dair/Nair frame-trap stage spike to clinch a set.

Probably the coolest thing I've ever done in Brawl.

Staco

Smash Champion
Yo I just grab-released a Wario at the edge of FD into a Dair/Nair frame-trap stage spike to clinch a set.

Probably the coolest thing I've ever done in Brawl.
Like ground releasing him and then stagespiking or what?

Lee Martin also got a match vs. Havok, where he plays very patient + I think there is a MK ditto on Piazzale Havok vs. Lee (same set), which is pretty patient.

Ally with the Snake ground game. xP

Wow thanks a lot Staco!
Problem is I don't have any Snakes to play against usually. :(
Playing Snake CPUs can help you a bit to get a good feeling for the char.
You can learn to gimp him properly and combo him.
Its not the same as vs. real players, but it can give you a good feeling about it.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
What's a good way on improving your "speed" by yourself?
That's something I've been wondering lately.
Tech skill is obviously improved by practice -if that's what you mean-, but how can you improve overall reflexes?

Exdeath

Smash Master
What's a good way on improving your "speed" by yourself?
Try switching between buffering your moves so that you're moving as fast as possible (it might seem like you're mashing buttons) and playing how you want to play/safe.

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys. Could someone give me the run-down of the MK vs Bowser MU? I'm going to have to face a Bowser at a tournament tomorrow that can freaking kick my *** more consistently than I care to mention... :p

Oh, and something more that "push B" would be nice, dat boozer makes tornado seem like a bad move. >_>

Max113

Smash Apprentice
you probably arent tornadoing correctly
I do mix it up between tornadoing his shield then landing in front/behind him and fleeing during the last second or so but I get Koopa Klawed no matter what I do... let me guess, don't tornado his shield? :p

Exdeath

Smash Master
I do mix it up between tornadoing his shield then landing in front/behind him and fleeing during the last second or so but I get Koopa Klawed no matter what I do... let me guess, don't tornado his shield? :p
Try retreating all the way.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
@Max: Well don't like approach with tornado. Stay out of his range, and bait him to commit to something, then beat it out with nado, and then juggle him with nado.

Max113

Smash Apprentice
@Max: Well don't like approach with tornado. Stay out of his range, and bait him to commit to something, then beat it out with nado, and then juggle him with nado.
I've had zero luck with any kind of approach so I'll try defensive play. Thanks. :)

Player-4

See you in 25 years
You don't really need Nado to beat Bowser, just get in his face and Nair a lot. He's such a big target too, just go for some Shadow Loops (random Shuttle Loops, like right before you land) and catch him off guard.

Also, just try rolling behind him then following up with whatever you want, don't get predictable with it but rolling behind Bowser is too easy and puts you in a great postion.

He's a big character, and you're small, he's pretty easy to pressure and juggle.

Honestly, just do MK stuff and abuse the character, that's what it takes.

Life

Smash Hero
While I'm here, I'm curious if there's any use for b-reversed SL? Was playing around with it and it's fun, but hard to see applications.

TSM ZeRo

While I'm here, I'm curious if there's any use for b-reversed SL? Was playing around with it and it's fun, but hard to see applications.

The only time I use a Ground Reverse Shuttle Loop is when someone gets on my back at a 45degree angle, like Snake B-Air when I miss the Juggle, or Lucario's D-Air, B-Air, Meta Knight's D-Air Camping, or when Yoshi/Jigglypuff gets behind me (when Yoshi/Jigglypuff does a retreating B-Air, for example). I consider this safer (in this situation), than doing an U-Air or Tornado. But, I never abuse this "strategy" so it doesn't "get old" (Mix Ups).

On the Air, I use this against Lucario recovery. In the same way that Anti does it in this match:

POUND V: Anti :metaknight: vs Trela :lucario:

Also, I use this as a "combo", for example. If I'm off the stage, and I'm "U-Airing" (Attacking your opponent from below with an U-Air) my opponent, and then I N-Air him (after 2-3 U-Airs) I use a reversed Shuttle Loop to get back to the stage, and get the "sweetspoted" Shuttle Loop. I have got some amazing kills with this "combo". And. if my opponent doesn't DI the reversed Shuttle Loop, he's dead. This works great with characters like, Falco, Fox, Wolf, Lucario, etc. NOT with Snake (because, if you reverse this, sometimes, you won't get hit by the cypher, so, it's not 100% safe), I prefer to N-Air him a few times (2-3) then D-Air him, then go for the normal Shuttle Loop for the KO (also, I love to Footstool/N-Air -or Shuttle Loop him, if he's high enough in the air- his C4 recovery).

Master Raven

Smash Master
If by B-reverse SL you mean from the ground then personally, I think it can be viable, but situational. I think it depends on the momentum of the match.

Master Raven

Smash Master
Reverse Aerial SL is obviously a lot more useful, especially as displayed in the Anti vs Trela set

Staco

Smash Champion
The reverse ground up b can be used OoS, so it´s really good if you are in your shield with your enemy in your back to hit him.

In the air it can be really good for edgeguarding.
I use it a lot offstage to punish airdodges. (if you see your enemy AD and your in the right range, reverse Up B him, so that you can glide onstage and he will die cause of getting hit to the blastzone)

~PWN~

Smash Cadet
I find myself using reverse SL mostly in air to get easy an easy ko and make it back to the stage to live although there have been times when a ground SL has shown itself to be my key for victory. I think it is an awesome move to use in your mix-up just don't get to predictable with it and it can score you a lot of ko's with it.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Well, it is VERY pinushable, as you have no option but glide (afterwards, glide attack or freefall). Any read will hurt.
The reward of landing it is MUCH higher than the risk, tho...

Blacknight99923

Smash Champion
tbh i always feel like i get punished for SLing.

Abiet when i think of people who punish it its DEHF and mikehaze LOL.

does just up B FF cancel glide buffer keep you safe?

Master Raven

Smash Master
I share the sentiment that UpB is very punishable, at least when you're spamming it a lot. I got ***** a lot for it because I would basically use it on reaction so I'm trying to condition myself not to use it as much and be less predictable with it.

@APartofNothing: I would say dtilt, ftilt and retreating FF Fairs are best for those purposes.

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
yo i find it hard to control mk with tap jump on for some reason, i play marth with it on but i mess upp with mk in the air got any hints?

etecoon

Smash Hero
don't play with tap jump on? you can claw for any of the times where it would be helpful anyway, it's not essential

Haze~

Smash Journeyman
up b oos is a bit trickier though but ive heard you can up b oos as fast with tap jump off , any answers on how? thx

etecoon

Smash Hero
claw Y at the same time as you up B

alternatively you can map jump to R and use that, IIRC redhalberd uses that scheme

Top Bottom