• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

NNID
Budget_Player
how does the TL MU work?
1. Walk forward.
2. Powershield.
3. Punish.
4. Repeat.

All you really have to watch out for with this strategy is TL's slow as **** grab... Just don't run at him. Like, there's exactly one excuse to dash at a TL, and that's "you have a guaranteed punish" like out of specialfall or something like that.

Exdeath

Smash Master
probably not, MK's air movement isn't so good, we're not wario : (

except when we tornado, then we're wario surrounded by hitboxes
You forget that Wario can turn at the drop of a hat and reach top speed. 'Nado, not so much.

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
QCDI up might work. First hit of Nair has craaaaazy hitstun though, so you might still get hit by the second hit anyway.

Nair is mad gay lol. Marth can SHFF it so just the first hit connects with your shield and... well just look.

First Hit Regular Stun: 25
~Hit Lag: 4
ADVANTAGE (SHFF): +14
First Hit Regular Tipper Stun: 34
~Hit Lag: 8
ADVANTAGE (SHFF): +19

19 frame advantage. >__> That's a free grab>release>Fair/Dair/etc. Gaaaaaaaaaaaaaay.

etecoon

Smash Hero
idk if you can uair but yes you can DI down and it doesn't true combo into anything. marth's most reliable option from 0% is fthrow > fsmash, dthrow > fsmash does a little more damage but apparently can be powershielded sometimes...idk, I was testing it and I get inconsistent results, MK usually can't shield it but sometimes can...

Staco

Smash Champion
Marth fthrow->nair/whatever at low %. What do? That **** is mega gay. I mean, seriously... Someone needs to make a guide to Marth's low% grab game on MK... That **** is really nasty.
DI it downwards, then the second hit of Nair will miss and you can punish.

C.J.

Smash Master
^^^ What all them said. Fthrow-> nair doesn't work, ever on anyone (maybe Bowser/DDD because they're giant squares?). You can always SDI the first hit down because they have to do a rising nair to hit you at all. Then, all of a sudden Marth is in the air above MK and you get to **** him.
*insert vid of Orion vs Mr. R on DP here where he does it.*

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I don't think so. But you could watch the MK guide and see the hitboxes and make a list yourself. :)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
Sding the first hit down is great but what Ramin does now is condition me to do that and then like regrab w/ fthrow because I sdi down, and then fthrow nair and for some reason I really can't sdi that one >.>
It's stupid because he really gets like the same amount of damage or maybe a few percent more than fthrow fsmash but he just has to be flashy and piss me off lol.

Also if you sdi down, Marth can still have options if he fast falls properly.
I.E. most marths buffer fsmash to dsmash is easy but if they see you di they can spot dodge the dsmash and then sideb punish you or maybe regrab.
If you do manage to DI it then I personally suggest ftilt 1 and if marth spot dodges just hit him with the other two.

I'm trying to see if I can like buffer an Uair and then SDI down for the nair to cover all options but it's really hard. I'm actually going to do some testing on it along with some other little tricks I have for marth that aren't to popular yet and I will post results for it if I can get it to work with any consistency

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Tell me some tips on how to help read with MK. I sometimes use dtilt on them to see what the do after so I can later use it, but I need more and something better.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Reads aren't universal, they're typically player dependent. Now, on certain characters there are moves you can do that force them into one of a few options (Dtilt on Oli), basically you need to work on reacting to your opponent and punishing accordingly, try doing certain moves and seeing how they react and prey on bad habits.

For instance I have a bad habit of rolling behind someone if they touch my shield with a jab, so what my top player friends will do is jab me once and turn around waiting for my roll then punish with either a tilt or grab, now I'm almost out of that habit but if you can notice habits (and bad ones at that) of your opponents, exploit them.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Very well thanks. What I just mean't was tactics kinda like that jab one you mentioned. I guess it's all about knowing your options.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Yeah, character control and knowing how your character operates is vital, once you do that you can punish the best in whatever situation

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well I think it's the hardest and most important part if you want to improve beyond average.

Albert.

Smash Master
I know I'm always like 2 years behind everybody in the Meta Game

but w/ MK does anybody do Weak-hit UpB to pop them up then Full Hit Nair

as a kill set up?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It can setup for a nair? And I would rather stick to SL for killing unless it's really stale.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Other than low%s setups (instead of Uairs), I don't think there are many....

btw, I mostly only kill with Dsmash/Glide Attack. I use GSL for punishing/damaging mostly (it is not on purpose, thi).
And I use Nair, Dair or ASL mainly for gimps.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Grab Release > Small Step Down Smash.
I save it for kill %s and works pretty well.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Just spacing, watch the video on BF then see where they do it from, once you do it enough you'll have a feel for the distance and can pretty much do it anywhere

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Yeah just like P4 said. Memorize certain patterns or things from the stage to remember the point. Like in BF if you start your Drill Rush on the middle edge of the opposite platform, you will cancel it.

Exdeath

Smash Master
What's safer: fighting GW on RC, or ICs on FD?
That really varies a lot based on players (stage preference, how good the opponent is, etc.) haha. Assuming that you're referring to Vinnie, I'd personally prefer RC, but that's more of a match-up preference for me.

Top Bottom