• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Staco

Smash Champion
I rather play GaW on RC.
Play it out really deffensive.
But the MU gets much closer on that stage.

ICs on FD is in ICs favour actually, so its worse.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
^ MICHIGAN!

Also GaW on Cruise isn't too bad at MK.

My question: Where should I aim to take Falco on the first stage (assuming we're using Unity Ruleset)

Ghostbone

Smash Master
FD isn't that bad against IC imo.

Easier to separate them and get rid of Nana imo. (Or at least in my experience it's harder for them to get back together after you separate them).
And their recovery is more limited due to the lack of platforms. (especially Sopo's)

I'd rather play against IC on FD than G&W on RC lol.

Staco

Smash Champion
^ MICHIGAN!

Also GaW on Cruise isn't too bad at MK.

My question: Where should I aim to take Falco on the first stage (assuming we're using Unity Ruleset)
That stage you feel most comfortable against Falco.
Since most Falcos bann YI + LC I would try to get him on BF.

TSM ZeRo

Banned via Administration
^ MICHIGAN!
In my opinion: You should try to play the first map on Lylat Cruise or Battlefield/Yoshi Island (Banning Final Destination, and Smashville). Final Destination is a great map for Falco, and Smashville too (because the platform can help Falco to recover back to the stage).

Easier to separate them and get rid of Nana imo. (Or at least in my experience it's harder for them to get back together after you separate them).
And their recovery is more limited due to the lack of platforms. (especially Sopo's)

wut. i'm pretty sure it's impossible to beat a good ICs on FD

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Falco is crazy good in BF, but not as much as in FD. Both chars are really even in BF so yeah you should try going there since it's hard to go anywhere better.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Does anyone have any extensive experience teaming with a good DDD? I'll be teaming with my kind of static Metaknight partner and just want to pick up some new ideas for this weekend.

Also thanks for the previous advice guys.

Staco

Smash Champion
Does anyone have any extensive experience teaming with a good DDD? I'll be teaming with my kind of static Metaknight partner and just want to pick up some new ideas for this weekend.

In 2 vs 1 situations you can kind of chaingrab your enemy.
MK Dthrow to DDD grab to DDD Dthrow to MK grab.
Im not sure, if this also works vs. light enemys, since they kind of trip vs. DDDs Dthrow, but maybe you can grab them out of it, before they trip.

I know that chaingrabing someone with MK + Wolf Dthrow does work, I am doing this with Semifer in teams.

NNID
Budget_Player

BZZZZZT. The correct answer is Dthrow->MK Jabs->Regrab.

Try very hard to be there to save DDD, or clear up his landing. UpB is huge but very vulnerable. DDD lives forever if he doesn't get gimped. In general, capitalize on every grab; DDD has amazing setups and sweet kill moves for when you grab them. It's evil.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Fast 2v1 throw combos are DDDDthrow>MKDsmash>DDDUtilt and MKDthrow>DDDFair>MKStuff.

In 2v1 situations, DDD is generally better as a lead with MK punishing the opponent and preventing follow-ups. It essentially removes two of DDD's largest character flaws of being extremely vulnerable to follow-ups/juggles and recovering.

Orion*

Smash Researcher

This

In my opinion: You should try to play the first map on Lylat Cruise or Battlefield/Yoshi Island (Banning Final Destination, and Smashville). Final Destination is a great map for Falco, and Smashville too (because the platform can help Falco to recover back to the stage).
Ehhhh battlefield is worse than SV in my opinion
Platforms still help him recover
and it's harder to approach him when he's camping there

Watch Inui+Atomsk vids
Their probably the most successful with that team combo
I also teamed with T a dutch DDD and got 2nd at an international last winter

Standard stuff would be like
DDD leads normally
if he gets grabbed have the MK dash attack or tornado through you because if both you and your op take damage it's in your benefit considering DDDs weight and MK is in control of juggling him after.
If ddd gets the grab bthrow -> MKs nuetral air = 35 percent or something which is really dumb, and then DDD might be able to get like a utilt or airdodge/trap for fair or bair

if DDD covers the roll back option it's pretty easy for MK to cover the options off of dthrow tech chase for characters

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I am so so so so so bad against Snake that I have no chance against our local Snake. I constantly get into explosions and stuff and whenever I find out what is going on it's too late >_>
What should I do?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I am so so so so so bad against Snake that I have no chance against our local Snake. I constantly get into explosions and stuff and whenever I find out what is going on it's too late >_>
What should I do?
idk
i usually just try to get grabs and then get him off stage then try to see how he recovers and i exploit that
if u read his recovery ull get in a lot of damage

Staco

Smash Champion
What should I do?
You have to actually learn what do to vs. Snake in which situation.
Like you can nado him pretty savely, if he pulls a granade out, because he will be pressured by the exploding nade at the end of your tornado.
Learn to juggle and gimp Snake.
MK has got lots of good options to gimp Snake.
If you get him offstage most of the time he will either go upwards with up B (up b into it to throw him back off), jump onstage and dodge (grab or aerial him back offstage, a good read + smash does also work) or jump to the ledge (edgehog him and then gimp).
Footstool his C4 recovery, if your 2 slow try to hit him out of it.
Go for early UAir kills, if he recovery from above.
Sometimes its clever to use tornado, but pay attention. He can pull out a nade and you will die by nadoing into him in that height. He can also footstool you or just DI out of the nado.
Just use it, if you can afford it (low percents, so that you wont die by any chance).
Onstage dont just run into him.
Its horrible if you mistime it, cause he can punish you really bad for it.
Just try to go for rushing in, if you know that you are hitting him.
Missing a dashgrab can hurt a lot vs. him.
Also learn to deal with granades.
Try to throw them back without getting the minor damage you get from a fresh nade and learn to dodge and avoid em.
I prefer to dodge the nades than powershielding them cause its much saver.
Destroy his dsmashes by runing into it and shielding.
Also try to get port priority, it can help you a lot in the MU. (omnigay is also really nice)
I like to play this out pretty slowly and not going in to aggressive, except I got Snake in a bad situation once.
Uh, and don´t get grabbed by a Snake who is good at techcasing, it hurts sooo bad!

If you want some videos of me vs. some Snake, search for Staco vs. Calzorz.
Calzorz is really good at the grab game, so you can see why you shouldnt get grabbed.
If you are not at your last stock but > 100% allready trading with nades does not hurt that much.
You can even try to get in some damage by trading hits through Snakes granades.
Its better to die by Snakes early kill moves with 200 than with 120 percents, if you were able to put in some damage on Snake by trading with nades before that.

Don´t let Snake get into a big lead, because if he has got a decent lead it´s hard to come back, because you have to go after him, which can be pretty hard vs. a camping Snake.

For gimping watch Seibrik vs. UltimateRazer, then you can get an idea how to gimp Snake.

TSM ZeRo

This
Ehhhh battlefield is worse than SV in my opinion
Platforms still help him recover
and it's harder to approach him when he's camping there
Good point.

IMO: On Battlefield, you can D-Air Camp (if he jumps to attack you, he will be in a horrible position, above the platform and below Meta Knight.), and Tornado Falco easier ( you can land on the platform on the opposite side). For me, Smashville feels like a Final Destination with a moving platform that helps Falco to recover to the stage easier (not always, and, sometimes that platform is bad for Falco, if he lands on the Platform when you're expecting him to do it. Yoshi Island fits with this example.). However, any "flat" stage is good for Falco (Final Destination, Smashville, Battlefield, Pokémon Stadium Melee to some extent) against Falco, banning Final Destination is obvious, the rest, is personal preference.

TSM ZeRo

What metaknight player is the "best" at being safe? and stays safe with the intention of it?

Besides m2k >.>

IMO: Tyrant. He's extremely patient, and, personally, I love his Slow and Patient Style. He takes his time with every single attack, and he's very good at "timing-out" (time out) people in tournament matches.

Some videos of Tyrant:

MLG Dallas Tyrant :metaknight: vs X :sonic:

MLG Dallas Tyrant :metaknight: vs ESAM :pikachu:

MLG Dallas Tyrant :metaknight: vs Ally :snake:

*(I can't find game 1, but Ally beat Tyrant on game 1):

Tell me what you think about them.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro

IMO: Tyrant. He's extremely patient, and, personally, I love his Slow and Patient Style. He takes his time with every single attack, and he's very good at "timing-out" (time out) people in tournament matches.

Some videos of Tyrant:

MLG Dallas Tyrant :metaknight: vs X :sonic:

MLG Dallas Tyrant :metaknight: vs ESAM :pikachu:

MLG Dallas Tyrant :metaknight: vs Ally :snake:

*(I can't find game 1, but Ally beat Tyrant on game 1):

Tell me what you think about them.
Ya i see what you mean about his patient style. Thanks for that.

Any other opinions i can take note of?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Why do most of American videos have horribly horrible quality? I couldn't even watch them...

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Why do most of American videos have horribly horrible quality? I couldn't even watch them...
Uhh what are you talking about? Lmao most videos have good/great quality, it's just that MLG was not allowed to record matches or do live stream because they didn't get the rights from Nintendo. Aren't you one of the people who has terrible audio on your vids?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well you can always just turn the audio off, but you gotta see the vid. But yes, I know the MLG didn't allow recording which sucked, but most of the time American videos are recorder with a handheld shaking camera.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Well you can always just turn the audio off, but you gotta see the vid. But yes, I know the MLG didn't allow recording which sucked, but most of the time American videos are recorder with a handheld shaking camera.
You must be trolling or looking for those videos, besides MLG vids or clips of matches by people doing tourney recaps I never see matches of vids with handheld cameras.

I know 3-4 people just in my city that record matches with Dazzle

Top Bottom