• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Playing vs Vicegrip tomorrow.

Any suggestions for the matchup with Ness at top level?
(Someone have experience with Shaky or someone of the like?)

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Make Ness play you on the ground, don't try to fight him in the air, if you play smart and wait for him to make the mistakes you should be fine. Honestly, MKs lose because they play too aggressive and get ***** for making the first move. Just sit back, play patient, punish Ness' mistakes, and go from there. Abuse MK and you'll be fine.

Crackle

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ZZZobac
Does MK have a GR on Ness?
I saw Seibrik doing pummel ground release and getting a dash regrab on a Ness.
I also saw Seibrik doing air release to fair.

vato_break

Smash Master
Crackle, last time i played vicegrip i beat him. Just don't rush in and do your best to gimp him, it's not that difficult just try to read his jump off stage.

anyways thread i need information on these matchups: Snake, Falco, Pikachu, Peach, Wolf, DDD, GAW, Fox, Kirby, Toon link, sheik, and the mk ditto i guess... yeah thats kind of alot i suppose XD but, i don't really know matchups :(

(and i need to learn them!)

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Yeah MK does have a GR on Ness

Honestly guys, watch vids. They help sooooo much, not only will it help show you your opponents habits and tricks if you can find vids of them, it will help you guys know what to do against a character specifically.

Watch vids and steal ****

Also hard name search Shaky ;)

Jem.

Smash Master
Clawing in Halo was un-needed really after Halo 2. The addition of the Bumper Jumper layout in Halo 3 and Reach removed the need for clawing, so I never learned it

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
So would approaching with dairs be best? Or something else?

Also, how do i gimp tether recoveries in general? Nair right below the ledge right?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
If she's spamming, walk up and PS all of it, you'll get through and if she tethers to the ledge just Nair or Up-B it, you'll kill her if you Up-B unless they tech the stage

Exdeath

Smash Master
How 2 beat Samus' Zair/Missile spacing? I really have no idea how to beat it besides like GSL. >.<
Just dash in and shield when she's coming down. When she jumps up and is too high to hit you, dash in again. Samus should now be in your vertical and horizontal attack zones.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Primer for fighting snakes? I'm pretty much just struggling with the whole "we have to work 3x as hard to get him to kill range" thing...
You don't. You gimp him. That's how you win the MU, juggle him until you can kill him offstage. If you're trying to beat him on stage you're gonna lose majority of the time.

NNID
Budget_Player
You don't. You gimp him. That's how you win the MU, juggle him until you can kill him offstage. If you're trying to beat him on stage you're gonna lose majority of the time.
Ah, well I'm struggling with this too. Getting him off the ground is no big deal, but keeping him in the air... between b-reversals, C4, etc... How do you deal with him B-reversing grenades to get out of your aerial reach? Nado is a lousy option in that situation because you'll get hit by the explosion...

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Ah, well I'm struggling with this too. Getting him off the ground is no big deal, but keeping him in the air... between b-reversals, C4, etc... How do you deal with him B-reversing grenades to get out of your aerial reach? Nado is a lousy option in that situation because you'll get hit by the explosion...
Then you're not Nadoing right. Work on your Nadoes and make him drop the Nade when you hit him with your Nado. Catch him with the side of your Nado, not the center.

But besides that just read their B-reversals, if they have a bad habit of it, just make them B-reversal into you and **** from there or if you have a problem keeping them in the air because of that then just wait on the ground and punish their landing. A punished landing will put them right back in a horrible position. Also watch Snake's patterns with their C4, either they have a big habit of scaring you with just falling C4 or they blow it up 9/10 times to try and hit you. It's usually not a problem once you know how to deal with it, either ignore it, punish it, or air dodge it.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I suck against Snake, I beat this Snake with Puff but struggled with MK lol.

Anyways, how do you beat Diddy Kong? The more I play the MU, the less I am willing to even try. That doesn't help me beat him. I don't even want to play that MU anymore D:

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
You should go jiggs for diddy. ^_^ most diddys will know the mk mu, and jiggs is good against diddy, she's light and his banana combos don't really work as well on her. :)
Hope I helped.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I guess so lol. I prefer going IC against Diddy, the MU is crazy, but I can usually land the grab before I get ***** lol. And I actually like the Puff vs Diddy MU more than the MK one.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
You should go jiggs for diddy. ^_^ most diddys will know the mk mu, and jiggs is good against diddy, she's light and his banana combos don't really work as well on her. :)
Hope I helped.
actually jiggs's trip animation is garbage, she goes nowhere

i remember adhd doing like 50 something percent in one banana lock once rofl

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I suck against Snake, I beat this Snake with Puff but struggled with MK lol.

Anyways, how do you beat Diddy Kong? The more I play the MU, the less I am willing to even try. That doesn't help me beat him. I don't even want to play that MU anymore D:
You know, I stopped asking questions on the boards because they never ever help, even if they give decent answers. You just need to straight up get experience, THINK about the character's options and what your OWN options are, and think of frame traps & tricks.

You need to suck it up and get the initiative to learn the MU. At the very least, practice banana control in training mode.

Orion taught me a very important thing, and that is that you can't expect to profit without work.

Rushisu

Smash Rookie
How do you deal with campy chars like wario? The more wario jumps, the more i get angry becaese i dont now what he's gonna do XD.

And is punishing second jumps on stage (as exsample playing against marth) with nado a good idea?

SAX

Smash Ace
How do you deal with campy chars like wario? The more wario jumps, the more i get angry becaese i dont now what he's gonna do XD.

And is punishing second jumps on stage (as exsample playing against marth) with nado a good idea?
Get % Lead and wait for him to approach you.
Don't rush in with nados.
Space with Ftilt, and walking is better than dashing.

If you're just annoyed that you cant hit him, then you're playing too aggresively.
Just Play safe at the start and et a few hits it to get % lead and wait for him to approach

And the nado thing is good if you see them try to airdodge to the ground.

earla

Smash Lord
how many frames of invinicibility do we get from the edge?

are there moves we can use immediately from the edge that are during invincibility? are any completely invincible?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
You know, I stopped asking questions on the boards because they never ever help, even if they give decent answers. You just need to straight up get experience, THINK about the character's options and what your OWN options are, and think of frame traps & tricks.

You need to suck it up and get the initiative to learn the MU. At the very least, practice banana control in training mode.

Orion taught me a very important thing, and that is that you can't expect to profit without work.
Yes it's true. It's just, I don't enjoy playing against Diddy Kong. It doesn't feel like the game I am playing xD.

Others can beat him just fine =/

SAX

Smash Ace
how many frames of invinicibility do we get from the edge?

are there moves we can use immediately from the edge that are during invincibility? are any completely invincible?
I believe everyone ahas the same amount of ledge invincibility except for Pikachu, who has more than everyone else.

Once you grab the ledge, you slightly tap down of the control stick into a Nair and that''l be invincible for the first few frames.

Question: blahalbhalhba
Answer: Just get better
xD
Made me laugh out loud hahaha

Top Bottom