• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I got a ?
what do you guys think about MK ban? Obv most of you want to keep him for biased reasoning, but try to answer from an unbiased point of view please.
Sorry, that's not something that's really going to be answered. All this topic does is bring about trolling/flaming. So just leave it be.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
kay, understandable. Another ?
How do I nado up? Like use nado, but make it go up I have done it but I dont go far the furthest I went was maybe a platform nd a half off BF ground -__-
The faster you press B while holding up on your control stick will make it rise. If you have upward momentum from something like a jump it will make it rise even more.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
I got a ?
what do you guys think about MK ban? Obv most of you want to keep him for biased reasoning, but try to answer from an unbiased point of view please.
No I'm not biased
I'd rather ban him but that's just me

C.J.

Smash Master
The faster you press B while holding up on your control stick will make it rise. If you have upward momentum from something like a jump it will make it rise even more.
Also, if you're on the ground and use Dimensional Cape in place it'll go up higher
/useless info

Staco

Smash Champion
I got a ?
Since he is not broken I don´t see a point for a ban. (there are lots of tourney viable chars and chars, which got solid matchups vs. MKs)
It´s much worse with some characters in other fighting games.
MK dominates smash to a pretty small amount and thats also, because of the high amount of MK players.

If you allow planking and scrooging, then I think MK is actually broken and should be banned, but since I think planking is a broken technic in general you can just ban the technic (just like infinite dimensional cape) and not the character, since it´s not necessary at all.

S0L3R

Smash Rookie
Since he is not broken I don´t see a point for a ban. (there are lots of tourney viable chars and chars, which got solid matchups vs. MKs)
It´s much worse with some characters in other fighting games.
MK dominates smash to a pretty small amount and thats also, because of the high amount of MK players.

If you allow planking and scrooging, then I think MK is actually broken and should be banned, but since I think planking is a broken technic in general you can just ban the technic (just like infinite dimensional cape) and not the character, since it´s not necessary at all.
Agreed fully.

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
It's not like every MK main out there is M2K or Dojo and always places top 5. MK's just a character with options that cover more situations than any other character can.

Makaveli tha Don

Smash Apprentice
On top of that, it is possible to beat him. Every character in smash has worked out a game plan to take into the match against MK. A smart player will know what to do, and a good strategy certainly can work.
Matches from local tourneys all the way up to Apex and Genesis have shown that it's not impossible to beat MK and its one less reason to ban him.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
Is it weird that a MK main really wouldn't mind if his character got banned?

I don't feel MK is broken BUT the results are getting really boring to look at it. Everyone has a pocket MK. I really wouldn't mind if MK gets a temp ban just to see how would the meta game evolve without the first MU you need to learn is MK, or the fact at almost any tournament you ever go to, you WILL play someone who uses the character.

The part that's most annoying about it, 1 out of 100 people picked up MK because they feel they need to get backpacked by MK's awesomeness. I played him and Pika when the game first came out, had no clue what tier they were in, and picked them right back up when I got back into playing in October. =/

I just want to see different characters on the results list. Too many bats, man.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Honestly I think a lot of people wouldn't mind him banned. It'd be fun learning a new character. We'd have a lot of catching up to do too. :X

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
I wouldn't mind MK getting banned. Just pick up a new character, apply what you know about smash to that new character, and start again.

@BlueZebra: A lot of people may have a pocket MK and there's a lot more MKs than any other character at tournaments, but really the same could be said of fox and falco with Melee, and nobody sees them as ban-worthy. :/ I don't recall any real top level players like Rich Brown or Atomsk advocating MK's banning(although they've probably considered it at one point or another) and they're the ones who actually understand the game and its characters better than anyone else really. That just leaves Mid and Low level players who actually advocate the ban. Low level players certainly do not have a firm understanding of what causes a character to be ban-worthy in the first place. Its not that he has a larger error margin than any other character, or because he has a plethora of options compared to half the cast. What makes a character ban-worthy is if the character is agreed to create a degenerate metagame that focuses solely on him, and a ban is required to keep the game diverse and progressive.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
I've seen people play Fox, Falco, Sheik, Marth, Jiggs, and Cpt.Falcon. A lot more diversity than just one character. But I'd rather not compare the two games.

My point wasn't about what high leveled players feel about meta knight or how good he is. I dislike the consistency. I also feel the meta game hasn't evolved enough due to the overplayed bat ball.

Edit: also, I would love to try out my Olimar or Pika in a tournaments more often in tournaments without a worry about a bat ball ***** slapping me with uairs. D:

Staco

Smash Champion
Honestly I think a lot of people wouldn't mind him banned. It'd be fun learning a new character. We'd have a lot of catching up to do too. :X
I also think a lot of people would quit the game, because they have put too much time into the character.
Another problem about MK is, that he had M2K as one of the main supporters of from the start, so that the characters metagame evolved much faster, which made lots of people playing the character.

Exdeath

Smash Master
I also think a lot of people would quit the game, because they have put too much time into the character.
Another problem about MK is, that he had M2K as one of the main supporters of from the start, so that the characters metagame evolved much faster, which made lots of people playing the character.
M2K started with King Dedede, not Meta Knight.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
M2K started with King Dedede, not Meta Knight.
I remember watching a video with him playing against a Wario main and there were a ton of obnoxious *******s in the background making fun of him. I really enjoyed watched that match though because he pretty much drowned them out and won anyway.

I'd like to see him pick up King Dedede again but I somewhat doubt that'll happen unless mk really does get banned. /shrugs

Exdeath

Smash Master
I remember watching a video with him playing against a Wario main and there were a ton of obnoxious *******s in the background making fun of him. I really enjoyed watched that match though because he pretty much drowned them out and won anyway.

I'd like to see him pick up King Dedede again but I somewhat doubt that'll happen unless mk really does get banned. /shrugs
That was M2K vs. Reflex and they weren't making fun of M2K; they were trash talking.

Welcome to the South.

Snake was ranked over MK, before M2K started playing him.
He played DDD for less than half of a year, but MK for 2+ years now.
It doesn't matter that M2K has played Meta Knight longer; he still began with King Dedede. Also, I believe that Forte was the best Meta Knight main before M2K picked him up. At the very least, M2K first learned the character from Forte.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
It is painful... I will not learn to do it unless I have to and I haven't had to so far xD

Gonzalo Barrios

Smash Apprentice
ive been learning it slowly but surely

i switched back to default controls in december instead of

z attack
l jump
x grab
I used to play halo 2 and 3, so I HAD to claw in order to play, so in brawl it's pretty easy to me to claw with a GC.

But I have my tricks too. Sometimes I claw for everything in a game and sometimes not. It's weird.

Robfox

Smash Lord
ive been learning it slowly but surely

i switched back to default controls in december instead of

z attack
l jump
x grab
That configuration jus makes me go (X_X) *dead*

I used to play halo 2 and 3, so I HAD to claw in order to play, so in brawl it's pretty easy to me to claw with a GC.

But I have my tricks too. Sometimes I claw for everything in a game and sometimes not. It's weird.
Why? is claw grip really needed for Halo? (I hate X-box, PS3 all dai)

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
Nah you wanna know the weirdest Control set I got you

R = Special
Tilt Stick
L = Jump
Down Taunt = Grab
Z = Shield
Side taunts = Attack
Tap Jump Off