• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Exdeath

Smash Master
I swear that I post things and then less than a month later someone says/asks the same thing.

Lokinario

Smash Apprentice
Ok, hi again, people. I'm going to a friend's house to play some Brawl. There will be 4 people (including me) and we're not banning ANY stages. I'll problably face Snakes, Diddy Kongs and Pikachus. Any broken stage suggestions? All I can think of is Norfair. I'm obviously going MK (and maybe Luigi on a FFA).

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
All stages? Just Dtilt towards a wall. Metaknight has few Stage abuses, other thn that and tornado on ceilings, there's not too much he can do on those stages.
Have fun!

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Ok, hi again, people. I'm going to a friend's house to play some Brawl. There will be 4 people (including me) and we're not banning ANY stages. I'll problably face Snakes, Diddy Kongs and Pikachus. Any broken stage suggestions? All I can think of is Norfair. I'm obviously going MK (and maybe Luigi on a FFA).
Temple, Hanenbow, New Pork City.

have fun :awesome:

Lokinario

Smash Apprentice
Thanks for the replies, but I really don't like those big stages that Boofy! suggested. I'll take Hanenbrow and Skyworld into count, though. Yeah, I'll choose Hanenbrow, Skyworls and Norfair.

Btw, what makes B broken at Luigi's Mansion?

earla

Smash Lord
does dtilt out range ftilts 1 and 2?

can anyone please list mks moves ranges from shortest to longest?

Boofy!

Smash Champion
Thanks for the replies, but I really don't like those big stages that Boofy! suggested. I'll take Hanenbrow and Skyworld into count, though. Yeah, I'll choose Hanenbrow, Skyworls and Norfair.

Btw, what makes B broken at Luigi's Mansion?
the last hit of nado will make them pop up in to the ceiling and bounce right back into it

SAX

Smash Ace
Is there a place where MK mains just discuss stuff? Or is this the place?
I'm new to MK coming from wario and want to get comfortable and involved with the MK boards =]

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Seriously I can do all kinds of crazy things with the nanners. No matter what, the Diddy will always be the better with them.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
Diddy is C tier at best without bananas. If you can keep Diddy at none to one banana for a majority of the game I think you should do fine. Don't throw bananas back at them, at most I would throw them down to get a free trip then dsmash. If the banana will disappear soon, keep a control over it so by the time he gets it(if he does), it'll only be good for maybe one-two throws. Otherwise throw the banana off stage just so he can't use it.

Predict what the player will do after throwing a banana. Will he dash in, go for a grab, try to follow up with another banana? Take advantage of that and punish him if he missed the banana and tried going in for a follow up.

Jem.

Smash Master
One thing you can't do is shift your eyes onto only the banana(s). One thing that used to get me was wanting the bananas so bad, he'd just bait me into trying to get it and I'd get faired and feel like slapping myself for even keeping my eyes off diddy. Awareness is more key, as is being reactionary is instant throws and catches.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Oh don't get me wrong, I mean't trying to use nanners AGAINST Diddy, not just take them away from him.

Jem.

Smash Master
What I do vs some diddies is I bait the banana then back at them. You're never guaranteed to hit with banana, they could always instant catch it or throw it. So if a diddy is just sitting grounded because the only banana out is in my control, you can expect they want it. So I'll instant throw it up into a grab. I find a lot of diddies become like "newb" mk's to the diddy matchup and just want their banana back. Another example is if a diddy is high up and off stage recovering, and I have a banana, I won't throw it at them. Too predictable. Felix has instant thrown them right back at my face way too many times. So I just throw it up and then hit them because they wanted the banana. And when they start to think I'll throw it up in the same scenario, I throw it at them to keep them off-guard. It's like an NFL offense to be honest. If you just do short passes, they'll play you close up to the line of scrimmage and load the box. If you throw the deep ball every once in awhile, they have to play to defend that too.

Yes, I compare Brawl and NFL lol.

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
Okay, so I went to Winterfest this weekend and I got wrecked by Makat. I had no idea what he was doing with his squirtle and his charizard gayed me hard with rock smashes and out of grab stuff. How do I play against charizard and squirtle, please?

pwiito

Banned via Warnings
Mk ditto question

how Do I punish an mk that is recovering low with the glide attack whom is most likelly going go to the teh ledge?

I don't usually challenge mk offstage unless I'm trying something kewl, but this has been bothering me latelly. I probably already know the answer, I just don't trust myself lmao

S0L3R

Smash Rookie
Mk ditto question

how Do I punish an mk that is recovering low with the glide attack whom is most likelly going go to the teh ledge?

I don't usually challenge mk offstage unless I'm trying something kewl, but this has been bothering me latelly. I probably already know the answer, I just don't trust myself lmao
You mean shuttle loop? I always nado near the edge and suck them in.

Staco

Smash Champion
He can´t do anything except glide attack out of glide, glide cancel to sth. else takes pretty long.
Use that to your advantage.

S0L3R

Smash Rookie
Another question:

How do you plank with MK like M2K does on the ledge? I have tap-jump on so when I try to do the up air, I always do strands of Up Airs while going up.

!!!RM!!!

Smash Journeyman
Use X or Y to jump and use the C stick to Uair. Try to stay at the same height offstage where your Uairs just barely go above the ledge. Once you're on your 3-4th jump either dimensional cape/shuttle loop/jump back to the edge and repeat. You could also jump back onto the stage and nado/fair/air dodge into something buffered like dash attack or shield.

BroTip: Don't use tap jump to jump as Meta Knight... ever. It's just a bad idea. :)

Jem.

Smash Master
I'm actually having the problem Soler is having. I was trying to do the fancy cancelled uairs back and forth off the ledge, and I can't find a way to do it with up to jump. I think that's the first downfall I've found to using up to jump. It sucks because I can only jump with up to jump, I can't short hop with Y and X. I've been using up to jump since 64 lol.

even mained spacies in melee without using Y or X.. im weird

Top Bottom