• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Well a TO is free to do whatever he wants. But here a MK main is hosting a tourney so of course there won't be such rule. Anyways, I never said uthrow is useless, I just said it overall sucks compared to his other godlike throws.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
MK vs. Olimar, RC is banned, he bans Brinstar. Where the **** do I take him? Think BBRRC stagelist, sans RC and Picto.
its hard to cp oli because if you take him to frigate/delfino he gets better pikmin

halberd is obv. stupid

yi/lylat are also really stupid

bf/fd/sv are at best mediocre, infact bf is pretty awful -.-

Staco

Smash Champion
SV, then scrooge, I did this, why couldn't you?
Thats why its okay to add a scrooging rule or to see it as stalling, if it gets abused 2 much in my opinion.
It´s just one of this "easy to do things", whichs avoids almost all conflict. :/

Gonzalo Barrios

Smash Apprentice
Thats why its okay to add a scrooging rule or to see it as stalling, if it gets abused 2 much in my opinion.
It´s just one of this "easy to do things", whichs avoids almost all conflict. :/
Exactly, Scrooging and Planking is stalling, so it's banned, and in my area MK has the ledge grab rule :/

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Flying under the stage isn't stalling, its part of the game, what if another mk is trying to ledge guard me and I fly under the stage and avoid him, that's not stalling, that's being safe. Brawl is a gay game, and people keep trying to change it, to turn it into something they prefer. If you hate the game so much then play something else. Being able to fly underneath the stage is something a lot of characters can do, its part of the game. @_@

With the lgl, I'm still unsure of. If I'm fighting falco on fd, what am I supposed to do when he laser camping me? Just go get grabbed from 0-50 or get shot with lasers? **** that. Ill get on the ledge still he stops shooting so I can then approuch ect. Idk. Just think about it logically. :X extend the timer or something if you're worried about time outs? In japan its 9 mins. Idk. Just throwing out some thoughts here.

Gonzalo Barrios

Smash Apprentice
Flying under the stage isn't stalling, its part of the game, what if another mk is trying to ledge guard me and I fly under the stage and avoid him, that's not stalling, that's being safe. Brawl is a gay game, and people keep trying to change it, to turn it into something they prefer. If you hate the game so much then play something else. Being able to fly underneath the stage is something a lot of characters can do, its part of the game. @_@

With the lgl, I'm still unsure of. If I'm fighting falco on fd, what am I supposed to do when he laser camping me? Just go get grabbed from 0-50 or get shot with lasers? **** that. Ill get on the ledge still he stops shooting so I can then approuch ect. Idk. Just think about it logically. :X extend the timer or something if you're worried about time outs? In japan its 9 mins. Idk. Just throwing out some thoughts here.
In my area, Scrooging more than 3 times in a row it's stalling. Also MK having a ledge grab limit it's also horrible. So planking it's dangerous because I risk losing the match because I grabbed the edge over 9000!!!!!!!!!! (just kidding lol, I can't say its over without the 9 thousand): over the limit.

In japan the time limit is 10 minutes.

Affinity

Smash Hero
NNID
Affinity2412

Shamelessly air camp him with D-air/nado until you take ~50% from lasers or get him offstage. It's your best option.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I'm not convincing people to quit, I'm convincing them to embrace every part of the game. The ledge is part of the game. So you just want diddy, falco, snake, and ICs to be buffed? We can't go anywhere, now we have to get on the stage. My point is that people keep adding random rules to change the game, and make other characters better and some worse, its showing favortism towards certain characters.

Edit: affinity: I do dair camp him, but falco can jump so high, that if there is an error, or my jumps get low, then he'll pop up and bair me. @_@ that bird got jumps yo. Perhaps I'm. Dair camping a bit predictable..?

Gonzalo Barrios

Smash Apprentice
I'm not convincing people to quit, I'm convincing them to embrace every part of the game. The ledge is part of the game. So you just want diddy, falco, snake, and ICs to be buffed? We can't go anywhere, now we have to get on the stage. My point is that people keep adding random rules to change the game, and make other characters better and some worse, its showing favortism towards certain characters.
I'm with you on this Kassandra.

OFF TOPIC:

I hate stupid rules against MK/IC's just because some people can't handle them, or DDD CG rule. Some people need to acept what they are playing and try to not changue it because they don't like it, One thing is trial and error with new rules trying to find the best ruleset. And the other is just banning/changing the ruleset for stupid/favortism reasons.

So stupid, But no one banned IC's melee's CG. But in brawl everyone complainst about it :/

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
What about diddys bananas? Peachs random lucky bombs/beamsword bull****? Snakes grenades? C4s? R.o.b.s gay gyro? Arents items against the rules? But we keep these characters and their bs items because ITS PART OF THE GAME. :p
Thanks gonzalo! ^_^ also thanks for the tip affinity. :D

NNID
Budget_Player
its hard to cp oli because if you take him to frigate/delfino he gets better pikmin

halberd is obv. stupid

yi/lylat are also really stupid

bf/fd/sv are at best mediocre, infact bf is pretty awful -.-
So... SV and scrooge him it is?

Norfair? So you can shark him and UP-b him when he jumps. In my area RC is sometimes banned and they always ban brinstar.
Yes, because people that ban RC will have Norfair legal.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
What about diddys bananas? Peachs random lucky bombs/beamsword bull****? Snakes grenades? C4s? R.o.b.s gay gyro? Arents items against the rules? But we keep these characters and their bs items because ITS PART OF THE GAME. :p
Thanks gonzalo! ^_^ also thanks for the tip affinity. :D
We turn off items from dropping on the stage because that's a controllable aspect of the game. When it comes to character items, they're something you can't just remove because they're a part of the characters moveset. Also their items aren't any where near as broken as MK's infinite dimensional cape.

Pretty glad we do have the LGL. At a recent tournament Mew2King was at where there wasn't a LGL rule implemented, he pulled off 109 ledge grabs in one game to prove a point.

It would really be easier if there was a universally accepted rule set imo.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Lol. I was at the tournament he did 109 ledge grabs, also ally went rob, you can tell how serious that set was. xD

RC and brinstar are pretty bad for diddy. :X I just try and shuttle loop diddy when he over Bs and nair after he's up B'd. But what do I know, I still can beat counts diddy. Grrrr...

Gonzalo Barrios

Smash Apprentice
We turn off items from dropping on the stage because that's a controllable aspect of the game. When it comes to character items, they're something you can't just remove because they're a part of the characters moveset. Also their items aren't any where near as broken as MK's infinite dimensional cape.

Pretty glad we do have the LGL. At a recent tournament Mew2King was at where there wasn't a LGL rule implemented, he pulled off 109 ledge grabs in one game to prove a point.

It would really be easier if there was a universally accepted rule set imo.
MK's infinite cape it's stupid, what would be broken is the controller of whoever wants to do it at a tournament, and Stalling prevents that anyway. But yeah That glitch it's out of a tournament setting anyway.

Mew2King did 109 ledge grabs in one game? it doesn't surprise me, he's playing to win. He doesn't care if someone thinks he's "broken" to play, he plays to win.

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
Lol. I was at the tournament he did 109 ledge grabs, also ally went rob, you can tell how serious that set was. xD

RC and brinstar are pretty bad for diddy. :X I just try and shuttle loop diddy when he over Bs and nair after he's up B'd. But what do I know, I still can beat counts diddy. Grrrr...
A friend told me about that, didn't mention if it was a friendly, an actual match, or whatever. =X

Q1: Worst stages against Diddy and Wario?
Against Diddy I would pick anywhere with lots of platforms and hardly any flat surface, like Brinstar, Norfair, RC. For a neutral aim for Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium, Lylat, or Smashville if necessary. Avoid FD.

I really don't know too much about the Wario MU but depending on the player, they may prefer flat stages over platforms or vice versa against MK. They might hate our dair camping and go for a stage with platforms, or they don't mind and prefer flat stages. I'd go Yoshi's Island if possible.

Q2:Best way to KO and edgeguard against Wario?
I usually like to run off stage, air dodge, then SL back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnvvy5UZMeQ#t=32s

Wario has his second jump, fart, motorcycle, and up+b for his recovery options. Keep track of the fart strength and take massive advantage if Wario left his motorcycle on stage. That leaves him with his meh up+b recovery and his second jump(but you're MK, you're da bess at ****ing people up for using their second jump)

Q3: Nifty/cool Diddy Kong edgeguard trick?
I think you could knock Diddy out of his rocket recovery, I can't say for sure. try to stage spike diddy using nair or your SL.

Hopefully that helps. ^^

Gonzalo Barrios

Smash Apprentice
A friend told me about that, didn't mention if it was a friendly, an actual match, or whatever. =X

Against Diddy I would pick anywhere with lots of platforms and hardly any flat surface, like Brinstar, Norfair, RC. For a neutral aim for Battlefield, Pokemon Stadium, Lylat, or Smashville if necessary. Avoid FD.

I really don't know too much about the Wario MU but depending on the player, they may prefer flat stages over platforms or vice versa against MK. They might hate our dair camping and go for a stage with platforms, or they don't mind and prefer flat stages. I'd go Yoshi's Island if possible.

I usually like to run off stage, air dodge, then SL back.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nnvvy5UZMeQ#t=32s

Wario has his second jump, fart, motorcycle, and up+b for his recovery options. Keep track of the fart strength and take massive advantage if Wario left his motorcycle on stage. That leaves him with his meh up+b recovery and his second jump(but you're MK, you're da bess at ****ing people up for using their second jump)

I think you could knock Diddy out of his rocket recovery, I can't say for sure. try to stage spike diddy using nair or your SL.

Hopefully that helps. ^^
Thanks for the advice, I almost lost to a wario in WF at a tournament for not knowing which stages to ban or counterpick lol.

Staco

Smash Champion
I prefer a LGL and an anti scrooching rule instead of MK getting banned.

Main reason for a LGL and an anti scrooching rule, it forces the MK not to play "gay" and it makes the character less good, since air camping is much more punishable.

If there was no LGL and no anti schrooching rule the community would probably want to get MK banned, so Im just okay with this rules, espeacally because I also dont enjoy planking and scroching matches. I also miss the skill at doing it compared to normal gameplay, since MK will be a hard counter for almost every character, when he gets a lead, if he abuses planking and scrooching.

Gonzalo Barrios

Smash Apprentice

Main reason for a LGL and an anti scrooching rule, it forces the MK not to play "gay" and it makes the character less good, since air camping is much more punishable.

If there was no LGL and no anti schrooching rule the community would probably want to get MK banned, so Im just okay with this rules, espeacally because I also dont enjoy planking and scroching matches. I also miss the skill at doing it compared to normal gameplay, since MK will be a hard counter for almost every character, when he gets a lead, if he abuses planking and scrooching.
Yeah I agree with you on this, without those rules MK will be banned, but even with the LGL rule, Scroogring (scrooching, whatever) I still win tournaments... It's just like you said, Mk is forced to not play "***" And as I am a really agressive MK this rule doesn't really affect me.

Except against Diddy, IC's.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
What about diddy? A character that forces you to the edge by throwing bananas? What if a diddy consistantly did that when you are near the edge, causing you to grab the ledge x amount of times, and then times you out and you lose because of edge grabs? O_O
Ffffffffuuuuuuuu

BlueZebra

Smash Journeyman
What about diddy? A character that forces you to the edge by throwing bananas? What if a diddy consistantly did that when you are near the edge, causing you to grab the ledge x amount of times, and then times you out and you lose because of edge grabs? O_O
Ffffffffuuuuuuuu

Diddy's Bananas are avoidable, and you can hold/use them as well. You can do a lot of the stuff Diddy can with his bananas.

If he timed you out like that, forced you to exceed a LGL yet Diddy has the most damage, I guess it's based on whether the LGL out prioritizes the "time exceeded, less damage wins" or not.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
No. The way I'm talking about using diddys bananas is difficult to avoid if the diddy is playing with the mindset of pushing you to the edge and timing you out.. Lol.
If you are near the ledge, and you sheild and diddy throws a banana you are pushed to the ledge automatically. xD
^___^
The lgl would exceed those other rules, because that's what the lgl is made for. Even if you're winning, if you have those ledge grabs at time, then you lose.

Gnes

Smash Master

Nope, it just makes you play "less" gay. Mk can still abuse the ledge and scrooging to the extent that the rules allow.

Gonzalo Barrios

Smash Apprentice
Nope, it just makes you play "less" gay. Mk can still abuse the ledge and scrooging to the extent that the rules allow.
That's right, But those rules still limit Mk to a certain extent.

They make Mk less gay? That's right.

They change Mk's playstyle? Yeah. So he can't grab the ledge 9000 times and scroog 50 times.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
We still have methods of camping and playing gay, lol. Retreating FF fairs, dair camping, you just have to be a bit smarter about it.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
im pro ban if theres no LGL btw LOL

idc if its even beatable or not -

i just would be bored of this game. **** would be so boring

NNID
Budget_Player
O'right then.

Questions:

Q1: Worst stages for MK against Diddy and Wario?

Q2:Best way to KO and edgeguard against Wario?

Q3: Nifty/cool Diddy Kong edgeguard trick?
1. Vs. Diddy, MK's worst stages are definitely FD, SV, and Picto. Get rid of those immediately. BF is not great either. vs. Wario... Eh, I have no idea.
2. KO: good ****ing luck. Wall the ******* out and then Dsmash around 200? Doing bull**** with tires can be nice (tire->dsmash, for example) As for edgeguarding, keep him the hell away from his bike and he's easy to edgeguard; with the bike, you can get him with nair if he recovers low (which wario shouldn't), and shuttle loop is at least "safe" if he recovers high (he can't really punish it if you try to SL his bike). Just... stay between him and his bike. Seriously.

Anti-scrooging rule? Is it really needed?

Orion*

Smash Researcher
1. Vs. Diddy, MK's worst stages are definitely FD, SV, and Picto.
i dont agree with this (except picto, playing diddy on picto is bad)

BF is probably worse at perfect play than those .-.

FD is SUPER momentum based but once you have diddy under control its great

SV diddy is great on but its small w/ nothing for him to camp under so you can rush him easier and then camp the platform if you need to

this is all just my opinion and in no way reflects current trends, its just where i think things will go.

Top Bottom