• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
What are your guys favorite snacks and drinks to take with you during tournaments?
I always pack a vitamin water (energy), something dry to snack on like walnuts, cheezits. I try not to drink energy drinks because they'll make me crash, and I don't wanna be even more exhausted when I play. Also recently I got this orange juice that had omega in it, and it was great! I need to start bringing more brain food snacks...
<_<

Staco

Smash Champion
I regulary take one coke and some water with me.
Ill drink the coke at the day of the tourney, because I think it helps me not to get headaches or sth. like this.
I also started trying out espresso (not at a tourney yet), because I have hear that it works against headaches and that it wakes you up a lot. (I wouldnt drink espresso normally, cause it tastes awful)
It seems to work for me, so Ill do that more often in the future at the day of the tourney.

I often just buy some food at a mac donalds/burgerking etc. close to the location and I go to the supermarket to get some little snacks and some more to drink.

Spending way too much money at tourneys for fast food. :s

etecoon

Smash Hero
I bring granola bars or some other kind of little snack, I think I play worse directly after eating anything heavy like an actual meal so I tend to just eat stuff like that before/during tournament and I have a big breakfast before I leave. drinks I've changed around a lot over the past year and I don't think I've really noticed doing better or worse with any particular thing. currently I don't drink soda or energy drinks so I'd bring water, tea, and gatorade probably

Grump

Smash Apprentice
My first tournament, I had not gotten any sleep the prior night due to excitement, so I brought along a couple 5-hour Energies with my terribad food. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER!

So now when I have a day with a bunch of practicing, I wake up with a nice warm cappuccino (so much better than espresso). The snacks I plan on bringing to my next tournie include some non-salted crackers, garlic'd crumpets, dark-chocolate covered nuts of some kind, and/or glazed raisins. I'm a cook on the side :p

Also, if you take a pitcher of water that has lemons and/or limes in it, let it sit in a fridge overnight... Toss in a touch of orange juice when you wake up. That makes an amazing home-brew energy drink that doesn't frazzle your nerves and leads to no crash whatsoever :D
Though it doesn't give you the jolt that most monster drinks and such can give. The jolt is all your nerves going into overdrive, which will actually hinder your performance in most cases.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
What are your guys favorite snacks and drinks to take with you during tournaments?
I always pack a vitamin water (energy), something dry to snack on like walnuts, cheezits. I try not to drink energy drinks because they'll make me crash, and I don't wanna be even more exhausted when I play. Also recently I got this orange juice that had omega in it, and it was great! I need to start bringing more brain food snacks...
<_<
Idk I usually just bring money lolz
That's smart tho I should start bringing my own ****

Orion*

Smash Researcher
<_<
i want to make a sandwhich+kel related joke here but i wont
Falco's silent laser>Jab.
falcos silent laser -> grab seems gayer

im pretty sure you can just grab right after the jab hits your shield why ps twice

Exdeath

Smash Master
i want to make a sandwhich+kel related joke here but i wont

falcos silent laser -> grab seems gayer

im pretty sure you can just grab right after the jab hits your shield why ps twice
MK can Dsmash OoS before Falco can grab when it's a PS hahaha.

Jem.

Smash Master
I am kind of like DEHF. I usually don't eat the day of a tournament until after (So a late dinner basically). I usually only get 1-2 hours of sleep also. I just buy a drink at the tournament. Sometimes I wonder how I would do with a full normal persons night of sleep (6-8 hours). I usually have to be the first one to wake up though for tournaments, to get the first shower and then to wake everyone else up after. I'm momma jem at big tournaments in that regard. "WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!"

Orion*

Smash Researcher
MK can Dsmash OoS before Falco can grab when it's a PS hahaha.
yes but what youre doing requires 2 ps's and then another inputer

whereas mine just requires regular shielding and pushing A at the right time

the difficulty of mine is like none whereas yours is significantly harder to do 100% of the time :glare:

ntm, its not like dsmash will kill w/ good DI unless its at the ledge

whereas grab will almost always set up for a gimp or juggle which is still a potential stock

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Sleeping has very strong effect for my tournament play. In one tourney, I slept like 2 hours thanks to my excitement and stress from all the trouble with the tourney. I placed last in the bracket...
Next tourney, I slept almost 8 hours and woke up really well. I won the whole **** 2-0.
So yeah, but everyone seems to have their preferences and that's kinda awesome.

Jem.

Smash Master
Sleeping has very strong effect for my tournament play. In one tourney, I slept like 2 hours thanks to my excitement and stress from all the trouble with the tourney. I placed last in the bracket...
Next tourney, I slept almost 8 hours and woke up really well. I won the whole **** 2-0.
So yeah, but everyone seems to have their preferences and that's kinda awesome.
I get too excited for tournaments that I can't sleep.

I only got 5-6 hours of sleep total over a 5 day trip span going to MLG Columbus lol, I got the best sleep of my life when I finally got home. I can't sleep on airplanes because I'm paranoid I'm gonna fall asleep and lean my head on someone I don't know.

Staco

Smash Champion
When I dont get enough sleep I start playing horrible, cause of beeing tired.

lol @ your new avi orion

Gonzalo Barrios

Smash Apprentice
<_<
Usually:

1) 2 redbulls per day

2) Money to buy drinks or cookies if I' need

3) Sandwich x2 (cheese or chicken)

Everything in a small backpack, bag or something, I dont like to take care of a big backpack at tournaments, usually I only bring: food, money and my controller.

earla

Smash Lord
ok i team with a snake/wario player.

how can i assist him to land safely best if he is being juggled?

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Orion, switch back your old avi D: Without your avi you are just Orion, you have to Orion* D:
Please man :D

Oh and err, do you guys ever use uthrow? It's flashy, but it sucks IMO.

Grump

Smash Apprentice
If the opponent sucks and is at REALLY low %, and they DI correctly (for us, not them), I like to use it to lead into a SL. But I don't count on it.

Staco

Smash Champion
Orion, switch back your old avi D: Without your avi you are just Orion, you have to Orion* D:
Please man :D

Oh and err, do you guys ever use uthrow? It's flashy, but it sucks IMO.
I sometimes do by missclicking an instant uthrow after grab.
Oh, and I love to omnigay. :)

I also use it for normal killing sometimes.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^Only if the Fox knows the matchup inside and out, and there's only one Fox who knows it to the exent needed for it to be Fox's favor lol.

-LzR-

Smash Hero
I sometimes do by missclicking an instant uthrow after grab.
Oh, and I love to omnigay. :)

I also use it for normal killing sometimes.
Yeah I sometimes accidentally buffer it when I pivot grab as I roll the stick in such way it makes me uthrow, but yeah, people here can't DI it correctly, they DI to the wrong side, causing it to go straight up and dying at like 180%. Man what a killer :D

Exdeath

Smash Master
yes but what youre doing requires 2 ps's and then another inputer

whereas mine just requires regular shielding and pushing A at the right time

the difficulty of mine is like none whereas yours is significantly harder to do 100% of the time :glare:

ntm, its not like dsmash will kill w/ good DI unless its at the ledge

whereas grab will almost always set up for a gimp or juggle which is still a potential stock
I thought that you were talking about Falco grabbing haha. If you mean MK grabbing a silent laser approach, Falco can grab, jab, tilt, or Usmash before MK's grab comes out.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I thought that you were talking about Falco grabbing haha. If you mean MK grabbing a silent laser approach, Falco can grab, jab, tilt, or Usmash before MK's grab comes out.
i know but most falcos just jab or something

you can beat almost every option by just waiting and grabbing after something hits your shield lol

Staco

Smash Champion
^Only if the Fox knows the matchup inside and out, and there's only one Fox who knows it to the exent needed for it to be Fox's favor lol.
I disagree to that statement, since it could also just be TKD beeing an awesome player.
He is also doing well with other chars than Fox.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^True, but I mean... he knows how the matchup works better than anyone else does, from both sides of the MU. I don't know the matchup NEARLY as well as he does (nor does anyone else really), so I'm not even going to pretend like I know better about whose advantage it is in. I'd rather go with his opinion, since it's educated and more intelligent and thought out than my own.

etecoon

Smash Hero
fix'd. If you get grabbed while holding a grenade by metaknight...you kinda had it coming. >_>
it's useful for other reasons than the omnigay. omnigay is luck based anyway, 50% of the time you don't have the ability to do it

I reverse omnigayed pelca in pools once to win a game, it's funny when they don't know they're on the wrong port : )

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Hey, it doesn't matter how bad some moves are! I try to use every move, I mean its there, so you might as well use it for mix ups and such. Like fthrow, I enjoy it because he kicks his opponent in the face! Like hah! ***** get over there!

Also up throw is useful on rainbow cruise you silly faces. ;P

Does having a LGL on in the tourny you're at make you nervous? Just about going to the ledge? What about a scrooging rule? (Scrooging = flying under the stage)

-LzR-

Smash Hero
Scrooging rules are laughably ******** surgical rule.
LGL is easy to bypass with MK.

Oh and that's kind it.

@uthrow: I mean, it doesn't really shine anywhere except killing which also isn't impressive. It's only strength is looking awesome and having a few gimmicks and killing at lower % depending on the part of the stage you use it on.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Yes, so therefore the move isn't useless.
:p

Yeah a scrooging rule is funny, but when you live in the MW and a diddy is hosting a tourny its gonna happen, I'm not a fan of that rule, but meh.

Top Bottom