• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Orion*

Smash Researcher
vs ROB just spam Tornado. His shield is weak!
not that simple but sure lol
replace actually in my last post with the word currently. Makes more sense probably. Even if they are though you can just up b or dair OoS to beat it.
dair doesnt work if they space. upB is better but still doesnt work if they do it right, and then you just get nadod' or naired when you land. best option is to run away

Or simply get on some platforms or the ledge like you mentioned. Just get away from them, their jumps run out fairly soon before they have to refresh them.
platforms is bad. because then i just jump up. you are above me and i am in a great position to juggle you >_>

pro tip : DO NOT BE ABOVE METAKNIGHT EVER.

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
I has question.

Do you think taking a break from smash, say for about a couple weeks, would refresh your mind and help you look at the game differently? Or just make you rusty, and you **** up technical **** that you shouldn't?

@__@

Orion*

Smash Researcher
I has question.

Do you think taking a break from smash, say for about a couple weeks, would refresh your mind and help you look at the game differently? Or just make you rusty, and you **** up technical **** that you shouldn't?

@__@
it depends on what youre having a problem with. are you just getting frustrated at the game?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I has question.

@__@
It made me rusty :(

I was really progressing and improving at tourneys, then I stopped playing CPUs (lol I know, but they help keep your mind sharp and your tech skill up as long as you focus on improving your style and not focus on beating them) and I did really bad at the previous tourney I went to and lost to people I beat in previous tourneys.

I say practice daily. It's what I do, and it's what most top players do.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
I was mostly getting frustrated. O_O
I kinda felt like I hit a block. Like no matter how I tried I wasn't improving any.

@_@
I get there too, but you always improve even if it doesn't feel like anything big. Just think about what you're doing wrong and stop doing it lol. I do that a lot. A bad habit of mine is always gliding back to the stage but I'm mixing it up now and it's really helping :)

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
Improving is relative, and depends on yourself.
If you're getting frustrated, just don't stress yourself, quit playing a while and focus on other things. Optionally, you can read and learn theory of matchups, frames, etc).
Then, if you get rusty, just relearn your skills slowly (don't try to get them all at once), and try to put all your previous knowledge in-game.
It's certainly slower, but may can help more than you spect it to.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I was mostly getting frustrated. O_O
I kinda felt like I hit a block. Like no matter how I tried I wasn't improving any.

@_@
actually taking a week or two will do wonders. Especially if you do lots of other things (like your nice drawings) that dont resemble playing smash. When you come back your mind will be fresh and it actually helps you break bad habits that constant playing cannot. Something i do all the time and it always works.

tuestresfat

Smash Apprentice
noob question :D

how to you cancel shuttle loop such that you land with virtually zero lag?

i guess a video would be best to explain what i mean...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzH-3EWYQSA

the shuttle loop at 3:12 had a tiny bit of lag (where MK bounces on the platform) while the shuttle loop done at 3:27 and again at 3:33 had no noticeable lag.

what is the cause for both situations?

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Once you Shuttle Loop you have to slam B and control stick down at the apex if your SL. In reality you're just fast fall canceling your SL. I've just found by slamming both that it works consistently.

Also, if you hold back as you do this then you can actually fall a little behind where you started from, instead of falling to exactly where you were.

Edit:

I thought you were actually talking about this kind of lag-less cancel, at 0:20.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQpwrjV-lRc&feature=related

But then I watched the video lol. So to answer the question for the video you left. At 3:33 he just pushed B close to the ground to cancel the SL. The instance at 3:27, he did fast fall cancel it.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Yeah, just test it out. Go into training mode and just do a bunch of grounded SLs. Cancel it first by just pressing B after doing SL, then try FFing it and you'll notice the difference. It's like night and day.

Saltix

Smash Lord
I never posted what I "found" a while back. I might as well do it, since after consideration it's not even all that useful.

You know the Kirby Down-B trick on pictochat? Think that, with MK, on Rainbow Cruise. During a match, I went to the right side of the ship (Near the ledge), and somehow, I was stuck in the aerial falling animation but still ON the ship. Due to being flabbergasted by the mere visual of what was occuring, I hadn't reacted in time to perform an aerial, and my friend hit me out the fall state before I could do anything.

I have the replay, but haven't been able to recreate it.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Hey guys, me & Player-4 have decided to refurnish the old MK guide. If any of you knowledgeable people *COUGH DMG/-Doom-/Jem./Orion* could help us that would be great! =)

Orion*

Smash Researcher
its just Orion, lol the * is because some jerk already has Orion on SWF :)

yeah i can do writeups on anything just let me know.

my aim is

PokeOrion

brb dinners though

Kaffei

Smash Hero
lmao, no the asterisk was for the COUGH part but yaaaaaaa tyvm for future contributions!

IIIIRICK

Smash Journeyman
what are pros and cons in the MK vs GAW match up and the MK and ness match up.

like what is MK better at, what is GAW and Ness better at. Attacks that shut down or are just good against GAW and Ness.
Bottom line is i just need to know some match up stuff about GAW and Ness. The match up thread doesnt have anything about them :/

theunabletable

Smash Lord
I'd be willing to help with the MK guide, too. I know a lot about MK, I'm just bad at executing the stuff I know :p

If you want to talk about something, or want me to do a writeup on something, my aim is theunabletable.

@IIIIRICK: Idk about the Ness matchup, but I do know in the G&W matchup that you get ***** in the air. IIRC retreating FAirs are safe, but nothing else in the air really is at all. Stay grounded and space Ftilts/Dtilts, shield his BAir then up b his ***.

Watch Havok vs UTD Zac from ActiveGamers Coast2Coast. I remember he played the matchup really well and I learned a lot from those videos.

Player-4

See you in 25 years
As far as GW, he beats you in the air, but you **** him on the ground. So stay grounded, your Ftilt out ranges everything he has on the ground. You're SL eats through everything he has, and you can SL OoS against his bair. For the love of God do not Nado him, or Nado recover, you're just asking to get Up-B'd or Uair'd giving his overpowered move set a free hit. As for Ness, I don't really know much about the match up.

Edit: semi ninja'd

Btw, Table, I'm making the guide right now and I'll hopefully finish it tomorrow. I'll send the document to everyone that's helping out and get input on what needs to be fixed up then I'll post the new topic.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^Yeah space Ftilts and Dtilts, shield his BAir then up b his ***... that's pretty much the matchup lol.

I think retreating fairs are safe, but otherwise G&W flat out wins in the air. And, yeah, DO NOT NADO. You'll get up-B'd and then possibly nined. Which sucks a lot.

Watch Havok vs UTD Zac. I remember that he played the matchup really well and I learned a lot from those videos.

And don't get grabbed, his tech chase game is annoying.

One little trick, though, that's pretty funny and works pretty often is that G&Ws like to jab cancel>jab immediately after Dthrowing you, so you can SDI the jab way the hell behind him, and they never expect it and you can grab him or something. Just a little situational as hell tidbit that's really funny when you pull it off.

EDIT: Huh I made an edit and I didn't think it saved, but I wanted to make sure what I said was seen, so I reposted it, and it turns out that it did save my edit -.-

Yeah I can take a look at it and maybe add a few things or help out a bit.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
unabletable said:
One little trick, though, that's pretty funny and works pretty often is that G&Ws like to jab cancel>jab immediately after Dthrowing you, so you can SDI the jab way the hell behind him, and they never expect it and you can grab him or something. Just a little situational as hell tidbit that's really funny when you pull it off.
Dang never knew that lol THx

Orion*

Smash Researcher
the stuff you can do with sdi is hilarious :3

i have L set to jump on my controls so i can di/sdi with both hands to footstool out of multihit moves.

Orion*

Smash Researcher
NP, I just finished the Aerials section. I also have Tilts, Smashes, Jab, and Dash Attack covered. Now onto the Specials, Dodges, Jumps, Stages, Match-ups, Pics, and everything else lol.

I still have a lot to do :urg:
its a lot i know lol

i made one for falco when the game came out by myself that i never published. i did all the %s and decay for every move sweet and sour spots **** took forever

theunabletable

Smash Lord
P4, you could send me what you have right now, and I could help speed up the process a bit; I've got nothing but time today lol.

Top Bottom