• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta Knight Q&A Thread

Player-4

See you in 25 years
Oh God that thread, well as long as it doesn't turn into a ******** conversation like that did and how to get MK banned then it'll be fine, and if n00bz come around and start **** then I'll lower the boom :)

NNID
Budget_Player
BAN MK!!!1!11!!!

Is there some kind of tutelage program? I remember seeing a thread for something like that in tactical, where better players help noobs out, but now I can't find it anywhere (and wouldn't be sure if there are any MK mains who would help out in the first place).

In short, I'm a noob and I don't know how to get better. My only option as far as actually playing the game against opponents is wifi (and I'm in germany, so it usually sucks). I have been recording the matches I can (I can't get a stupid GCT to work for my PAL game, which blows), and I'm gonna be analyzing them to the best of my ability, but it's lame-*** laggy wifi (and my Cstick doesn't respond half the time I mash down >.<).

What are the best ways I can get help/help myself?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
Idk I just watch M2K over and over and over study everything from him, play wifi a lot (ugh) and go to tourneys whenever i get the chance

etecoon

Smash Hero
don't watch much videos anymore, but I think I learned the most from like...teh spammerer, bowyer, plank etc.

campy knight too good, except everyone that uses him eventually quits? <_<

BPC, if you wifi me I'll try to give you some advice, AIM me sometime if you wanna play

NNID
Budget_Player
Idk I just watch M2K over and over and over study everything from him, play wifi a lot (ugh) and go to tourneys whenever i get the chance
^This + watching Dojo.

Honestly I think I've learned more from watching Dojo play, personally.
Okie dokie. I'll look at some of their stuff.

don't watch much videos anymore, but I think I learned the most from like...teh spammerer, bowyer, plank etc.

campy knight too good, except everyone that uses him eventually quits? <_<

BPC, if you wifi me I'll try to give you some advice, AIM me sometime if you wanna play
Awesome, thanks.

Also, I'm trying to pick up how to be gay as ****.

Dojo

Smash Champion
Yeah if you predict well you can get that 0 to 50 or 60 on somebody and pretty much win it out from there with good decisions and fast thinking/reactions.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i basically played brawl -to- time people out. it was the most fun thing to do. turn the game into such a slow fight where the opponent has to put themself into such negative situation just to hit you

bwahahah

theunabletable

Smash Lord
^You're my hero XD

Most of my matches last 6 minutes or more, so timeouts happen pretty often for me. REALLY often on Smashville where I can scrooge and stuff.

Kaffei

Smash Hero
**** Flacos. I hate them so much. I was playing this guy and I was beating him a lot then he picked Flaco. I got a % lead and scrooged. -__________-

Someone train me vs Flaco.

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
A question I feel like I should know the answer to, but I'm going to go ahead and ask anyways. If sent horizontally or vertically, best way to momentum cancel is uair > fast fall, correct?

FD96

Smash Cadet
I am sorry for making a thread earlier, I realized that there was this moments after I made it :urg:

So the question is what characters make good partners for MK? Also is Falco good?

Smash G 0 D

Leave Luck to Heaven
BRoomer
Partners depend immensely on your and your partner's playstyles and how well you know each others' playstyles. If you and your partner know each other really well, you'll be able to team with any character. I team with a Peach that I know extremely well and we have no problem with double MK or MK/Snake.

Falco can be good. He's got good kill moves. And chainthrows. He's good on the stage, and Metaknight thrives offstage. Yay.
But he's not my style.

FD96

Smash Cadet
Thanks for your replies! My friend is really good with falco so I think I will try that first.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Falco actually has a lot of really cool set-ups and gimmicks with Meta Knight, my favorites being laser-canceled B and laser-canceled Up-B.

Also, both Falco and Meta Knight have good combos out of their down throws (and Meta Knight's up throw). If either character gets a grab at the ledge, it's a guaranteed spike if the opponent's partner doesn't interfere (even if Falco is the one down throwing, Meta Knight can footstool, which allows Falco to footstool>spike them when they're off of the ledge).

The main problem with Falco+Meta Knight is that they have problems with killing heavy characters and surviving, which is compounded by the fact that Falco requires some maintenance since Falco isn't exactly stellar at switching from the ledge to the stage without taking damage.

Player 7

Smash Cadet
Hey, I have some questions about the Snake MU:
1) How do I punish an incoming Dacus?
2) What would be a "safe game" against Snake?
3) Any tips to KO?

Thanks =)

ShadowPhoenix951

Smash Ace
3) Any tips to KO?

Thanks =)
1. If the Snake is DACUSing at you, you have a few options depending on the situation.
- If the hitbox for the Dash Attack has passed, and he's just sliding, you can grab, dtilt, dsmash, fsmash, ftilt, up b... if the dash attack hitbox has passed and the mortar hasn't hit, he has absolutely no protection.
- If he's in the dash attack hitbox, then respond how you would to a normal dash attack.

2. Um... what?

3. You probably won't be KOing Snake from the stage. Your best bet will be to get him off stage and gimp him through combinations of Dair, Nair, and Shuttle loop.

Read this for more info on the Snake MU

Kaffei

Smash Hero
3) Any tips to KO?

Thanks =)

1) If you can predict when he will DACUS, Tornado is really good. Basically any of his moves can knock him out: Fair, Ftilt, Dair. I think Nado and Fair are really good.
2)You want to avoid his grenades and especially avoid getting grabbed. His dthrow tech chase is mad ********. Also SDI OUT OF HIS MULTI HIT AERIALS they can kill really early if you don't SDI out. Read the thread that he^ posted.
3) Snake is heavy, and dies from a Dsmash at like 170% with good DI. if he shields a lot grab him and throw him off stage and kill him with uair/nair/SL/tipper dair depending on the situation.

FD96

Smash Cadet
Hey, my I just got back from playing some brawl and my friend used Ike while I used Meta Knight. We were pretty strong together, and are wondering what kind of a strategy should be used. We made sure we kept our distance, Ike kept lives and finished opponents off while I racked up damage. Is that the kind of thing you would do?

Kaffei

Smash Hero
That sounds like a legit strategy to me. Ike has a lot of KO power, and MK can rack up damage really fast.

ぱみゅ

❤ ~
NNID
kyo.pamyu.pamyu
3DS FC
4785-5700-5699
Switch FC
SW 3264 5694 6605
A long-run punish, maybe? =P
It's always effective for MK against anyone.

Edit: what a waste of 600th post....

NNID
Budget_Player
Hey, my I just got back from playing some brawl and my friend used Ike while I used Meta Knight. We were pretty strong together, and are wondering what kind of a strategy should be used. We made sure we kept our distance, Ike kept lives and finished opponents off while I racked up damage. Is that the kind of thing you would do?
Get your friend to play snake instead of Ike. Anything that Ike can do, snake can do better. Snake is a great partner for MK.

Vitality

Smash Ace
Bryan is an amazing character with combos that can juggle characters from one side of the stage to the other. His mid knees are able to wall juggle and his taunt goes through all.

Player 7

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the answers.. I played this Snake again and shielded his Dacus and punished with dash atack actually =d

Top Bottom